Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel Catapult feedback

DeeDeetheSpy

I son't see an official feed back place. Hope this is okay. 

It is a really cool Augment, I would like to see a change to it so to Hold down middle button to "charge" it up to do more damage then let it go to do an explosion on impact. Maybe make it Toxin based so it's like he is building up bile and it pops on impact.

• Like 4

Just now, Kim-Pine said:

It's completely useless.

You don't need to know more about it x).

This just in:

Dumb-fun augment where you yeet the meatball has minimal practical purpose. In other news, water increases the surface moisture of anything it touches.

• Like 3

Even if the energy drain on the augment is only a low 10, i’d say remove it. Seems a bit silly to consume energy just to leap forward (although it helps Grendel get up steep areas...If it works that way) when Valkyr’s hysteria augment lets her leap up to enemies 50 meters away unmodded with no cost. 

The idea DeeDee had would’ve been cool for an augment than just simply leaping forward with a small energy cost, especially since Grendel consumes a lot of energy just to keep enemies inside itself

I dont understand it needing to cost. Grendel is already extremely energy hungry so why add a mod that is literally just for movement and have it cost anything at all. It should cost 0 if its only movement whereas to compare it to excaliburs slide blind with his 4. This is actually causing a status to an enemy which makes sense as to it costing. Which was the same issue I had with Hildryn costing shields just to dash with her 4 which tbh has the same issue grendel has. High drain with no way of mitigating it without just no using the ability at all.

• Like 3

I played with it some and it is a lot of fun. The one thing I wish with Grendel in general is that all energy costs are converted to HP damage of enemies inside his belly. Or the damage done to enemies in his belly gets converted to energy for him in a form of "digestion" for him. 

That said. I found the augment a ton of fun to play with. Launched myself about levels and what not. So "Useless" is figritive. Anything that lets me have fun, I'm good.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DeeDeetheSpy said:

Or the damage done to enemies in his belly gets converted to energy for him in a form of "digestion" for him. 

That actually sounds very good. Instead though maybe similarly to Nezhas Chakram maybe orb drop chance increases based off enemy type. So in killing a heavy gunner there's a 25% chance of an energy orb regular enemies have a 15% chance and anything like enemy kavats or drones have a maybe 5% chance to drop 2 orbs. And this chance is only if they die in your belly.

Or if not an orb chance instead of having the energy cost increase let the drain cost start high and through enemies consumed and held in your belly reduce the drain instead, capping at 2/s

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

This ^ Why is it hard  for people to forget about damage output and damage reduction for a second and actually have fun

Why not both? Thats what a lot of people want. Augments without ruining the build you put so much time and effort into.

Edited by rawr1254
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

Why not both? Thats what a lot of people want. Augments without ruining the build you put so much time and effort into.

1) you can always work around it and actually make a decent optimized build while still having that augment

2) why would you use that augment on a build that you think you put time and effort into in the first place?

I quite like it.

Getting around in meatball form and gaining momentum is normally a pain in the ass, now I can yeet my meat on repeat to defeat my enemies. Though I do agree it shouldn't cost anything, or it should give a hefty damage boost when you hit something to compensate the cost. I'm just glad its an exilus mod, makes the sting of taking up a mod slot a lot less painful.

Edited by xcrimsonlegendx

It should just have been a base function of the ability. Like, hildryn was able to get the ability to dodge during her ult at the cost of shields, why can't grendel change his momentum at the cost of some energy? Because that's all this does in practicality, it changes your momentum immediately making it somewhat manageable. Pulverize already moved fast enough, especially if you uses nourish for the speed boost, so all this does is get around the painfully slow changing in momentum it has.

• Like 1

Thing that gets me is that we already have a speed boost, though not as fast, by hitting his 2 while in ball form. Played around some more and I do like I can take corners better with it or jump way up to higher points... Its basiclly super jump for ball mode to that extent. 

I do agree with many here, it should be baseline or maybe be the effect that actually happens when you hit 2 in ball mode. 

Personally, I still want a "katamari" thing that lets me continusly eat enemies when I run directly into them. I also feel strongly the cost of having enemies in you should be cut or something. Put a cap of 10 if need be (seems where his powers cap out at) Or have the number of enemies in him scale with His power strength... or to be novel, his health. (more health = more in da belly?)

• Like 1

A revising thought for Grendel:

First: low energy reserves. Like 75-100 low. Just stupid low. MAYBE even none like Hyldrin.
Second: Make 1 cost nothing to use. Enemies cost nothing to have inside him.
Third: His other 3 abilities now run off of the health of the enemies inside him

Fourth: This augment now lets him charge up for a "monster damage" attack, doing a multiplyer for leangth of time charged to all enemies directly hit.

Me, as a former Magic the Gathering player makes that black side of my heart pitter patter at the thought of the fun that can be hand with that.

Grendel's main problem is that he is an energy black hole, keeping enemies in his belly suck up energy for no valid reason, and ALL his others abilities need him to have at least one enemy in the belly. And what does he got ? An augment that makes him spend more energy again. And the most useful use of this augment is to not be blocked by steep terrains, something that should not even be possible in a game where mobility is essential.

Just stop pumping his energy as soon as he has an enemy in his belly, why not setting a limit, something like 10 first enemies in the belly are free, then Grendel start consuming energy for keeping them, and when he runs out of energy he vomits the enemy surplus.

Why not straightly copy Nidus's 1 : each enemy eaten gives back a part of the initial cost of the ability, meaning that eating a certain amount of enemy makes Feast free to use, and even make Grendel regain some energy.

And don't give to his meatball mode the inertia of a boulder falling off a cliff. Well, okay, Grendel probably should weight like a boulder, but that's just not relevant from a gameplay perspective, that's just make this ability frustrating to use in a game where you're used to control a fast and agile space ninja, that Grendel is depsite his THICCness. The feeling should be closer of the Metroid Prime's Morph Ball, for exemple, in my opinion.

Theses changes should be enough to make Grendel actually enjoyable to play, and better. Not the best, not viable, but juste enjoyable and better. That would be a good start.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

Should be a basic function.

That's how I feel about Nidus' larva burst augment, not the 600 toxin damage it deals but the ability to cancel your larva after its been cast. I used to use larva burst just for that functionality, being able to cancel the ability and recast it when I'm in trouble is a must instead of having to wait for it to expire or kill everything in the larva.

This augment make Pulverize actually usable (I am seeing this mod more as a bandaid instead of an upgrade). I would say remove the energy cost and allow us to do another catapult when we're in the "catapult process" to allow even have greater control.

• Like 1

I do also agree that this should just be a basic function. I typically only feel that augment are nice when they mess around with stats and a more tangible impact i.e. Hildryn doing big heat damage. I still don't get why everyone sees slopes as Grendel's worst enemy when he can jump, double jump, and WALLJUMP in ball form, but this does seem kinda fun. Still, I have an idea for an alternative augment that would make him better. Like a band-aid mod until he gets buffed/reworked. "Grendel should've instead gotten an something like an augment for his 1st ability that at max rank makes him produce an energy orb for each 5 unique units he's eaten, cuz that would both give him a sorta sustainable way to make up for his energy drain (if you've maxed Zenurik), and gives people an option if they wanted to make support builds with him for his buff abilities." This is comment of mine that I ripped from Gaz TTV's vid on the new augments

37 minutes ago, Hugeaah said:

I still don't get why everyone sees slopes as Grendel's worst enemy when he can jump, double jump, and WALLJUMP in ball form, but this does seem kinda fun.

If you give him the right exilus mod his ball can double jump height too. lol

Edited by xcrimsonlegendx

At max efficiency you can make a build where the energy drain of his 4 is quite bearable, but I do feel it should do more damage based on the total health of the enemies in his gut. That way it could reliably scale with harder enemies, and offers an incentive to keep more enemies eaten and give you a positive upside to the increased energy drain other than the armour, especially when Grendel can survive pretty well without the extra armour.

Everyone is looking at it in terms of decreasing his energy drain, which I agree would be nice - but if my idea made the energy drain actually worth all the extra damage then it could be fantastic and make the character more useful overall.

Especially when his abilities just are not that effective to begin with against higher levels.

Perhaps it could also add greater buffs by the hp of the consumed enemy, making them much more worthwhile.

Conceptually, I like the augment, even if it feels band-aid ish. But does no one else have any issue with the whole gauss mach rush effect on it? It feels really disorienting especially when you try to use it vertically/diagonally.

• Like 1

DE, after all the feedback pleading with you to make Pulverize more controllable, you gave us an augment to do so.  Really, you must stop being so predictable. 😕

I probably will use the dang augment, which is good, I guess...because Pulverize feels terrible without it--which is bad.  I don't know, it seems like base abilities should be useful and fun, or at least I shouldn't feel like a sucker for pressing the button from time to time.   And then augments would expand on and/or tweak the ability's role.

If Grendel's next augments reduce Feast's cost, let us spend less time cycling through Nourish buffs, and give Regurgitate a purpose in his kit, I'm going to lose much of my remaining faith in you.   My fear is that you wouldn't even understand why.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hugeaah said:

I still don't get why everyone sees slopes as Grendel's worst enemy when he can jump, double jump, and WALLJUMP in ball form

Yes he can wall jump, but pulling it off can be very difficult because of the ball hitbox. Also have you tried climbing that very steep slope on Europa Tileset with Grendel Ball? I bet you can’t even reached half of it before rolling back down.

• Like 1