Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hosts make this game uplayable

Naomi_chi

The second time I've been in the plains of eidelon today. First i was fishing, forEVER, then i found a t2 tusk bull, killed it, ALL THOSE REWARDS, host decides to leave NOT VIA EXTRACTION, i get ported back to cetus, lost everything. i didnt check to see if i kept my focus points, i dont care, about focus points, i needed those parts. I left, took a break, came back a few hours later, was MATCHED with a low level host and a mastery rank 10 person, i was mastery rank 8, recently reached, but I picked the highest tier bounty i could find, and i got, a mastery rank 1 plox on my team, fantastic. night comes and i start fighting a teralyst, im soloing that thing with VALKYR PRIME, and 2 weapons that cannot hit it, i have to kill it using melee, most of the fight was downhill, so i kept meleeing and flying downhill with that stupid animation used when you look down and melee, flew so far i wanted to scream, multiple times. this level 1 keeps dying, and i keep ressing, and almost dying in the process. HE LEAVES RIGHT WHEN THE LAST BODY PART IS BLOWN OFF, night's almost over, this took me 40+ minutes, and i would've gone ham on the body alone, that was the easy part. i got ported back to cetus, no shards obtained, no other rewards obtained either, the actual bounty i took was completed and i got a rare mod, lost that too. 

I am SICK of hosts, they would be fine if they WORKED, if when they left, a new host could be selected and the mission would RESUME, like normal missions. Im THIS close to deleting this game because of this GARBAGE. Either host servers so people can join and leave independantly of a person who could EASILY use this BS mechanic to troll others, or just make the open world missions (Plains and Orb Vallis) like normal missions where if you left as the host, YOU would lose all your rewards, not EVERYONE! WHY IN GOD'S NAME IS THAT A THING?! i spent and lost somewhere close to 2 hours of collective farming and PAINFUL soloing, 

You might be stuck playing solo...or: Stick to premade groups - recruit in recruiting channel and make sure you're the host always.

host migration sucks and is very glitchy. but it's not always the host's deliberate fault, since even connections that are usually stable have blips that kick you into another instance.

I've been having these issues too. People using wifi in a multiplayer game is just not acceptable. I can tell because I get 200+ ping when playing with them and it jumps around eratically. Just the other day, I was getting 1000 ping. About 3 or so times, I have gotten host-migrations where the game just crashed completely. I wish there was an option which only lets you join someone else if they have a stable connection or if you could host yourself and people join you if you have a decent connection. Just seems like you join any person, no matter the quality of their internet. It also doesn't help that some people play with a wooden PC and their performance can affect your ping if they are stuttering a lot. It sounds weird for performance to affect ping but it can cause issues.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

DE aims to make WF P2P, in order to reduce traffic costs. But instead of making the game true P2P, they shove the server around the clients, which creates a host of problems (pun intended).
all we can do is keep complaining about crappy matchmaking.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe DE should add an option for players, not to be the host in esc option menu. Just saying, because i know that when i'm the host, i know that the other players complain the ping is at 1500 ping and the doors won't open for them etc etc and it's unplayable and bad experience for the players.  
but when I join someone else hosting their ping around 120 ~ 250 ping with i can play with as long it does not fluctuate too much.

Just don't understand why when i start alone and someone else joins my host, that the host migration program not take over. and make the person who has the better connection not been selected.