Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synapse Critical Chance > 100%

escape123

Is there a benefit to adding more crit chance, when the MODIFIED Crit Chance already exceeds 100%?

For example with the Synapse we can use Point Strike and new Mod Critical Delay

Point Strike already puts the Synapse over 100% (i believe it is 125%). So will adding Critical Delay on top of that have an even greater effect or none at all?

(not talking about critical damage, vital sense, etc)

Edited by escape123

crit chance mods don't add 100% crit chance ontop of the weapon, what they do instead is increase the weapons crit chance by the value of the mod, so say you have a gun that has 5% crit chance normally and you add a 100% crit chance mod you would only have a 10% crit chance not a 105% crit chance.

Edited by SchrodingersKitteh

crit chance Mod is calculated on basic Weapon crit chance. let me explain : 

your weapon have 20 crit chance. with a mod with 100% crit chance. u have a total of 40% of crit chance. 

result : u have 100% of your 20% inital crit chance. 

hope i was clear

He how Synapse with 125% crit chance work NOT how Crit Chance mod work (Khaos actually understand the question).

I asked my clan yesterday, it seem over 100% actually reduce amount of crits Synapse ditch out.

So get another Vital Sense and up it to Rank 3(?) or w/e Rank that make it 100%.

Edited by Redler

He how Synapse with 125% crit chance work NOT how Crit Chance mod work (Khaos actually understand the question).

I asked my clan yesterday, it seem over 100% actually reduce amount of crits Synapse ditch out.

So get another Vital Sense and up it to Rank 3(?) or w/e Rank that make it 100%.

But vital sense is damage, not critical chance. I'm confused.

Anyway, with synapse's critical chance at 50%, anything above +100% will give you over the 100% ciritcal chance and if DE didn't took that possibility into consideration the calculations may go wrong.

Same thing with Skyrim, if you went over 100 stealth *due to items* you actually were more visible.

It seems that once items go into the 100% range, they go into a -%

Redler, on 11 Oct 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

Yeah this is what I'm wanting to know. What happens when u get over 100% mod crit chance.

Edited by escape123

Formerly people found that the 125% chance seemed to give the weapon a sort of multishot effect. After one patch people started noting issues like the white numbers appearing when it should be critting, but it's unclear whether they're actually doing less damage or if it's a bug with the number display.

Formerly people found that the 125% chance seemed to give the weapon a sort of multishot effect. After one patch people started noting issues like the white numbers appearing when it should be critting, but it's unclear whether they're actually doing less damage or if it's a bug with the number display.

^this

Anyway, with synapse's critical chance at 50%, anything above +100% will give you over the 100% ciritcal chance and if DE didn't took that possibility into consideration the calculations may go wrong.

I don't understand why they even let you go above 100% in the first place. When I'm coding something and I have a variable that can't exceed a specific value for some reason I add an if statement to set the variable to the maximum/minimum value. For example in Javascript it would be something like this if they named the crit chance variable "critChance".

if (critChance > 100)    {        critChance = 100;    }

Some code like this is the reason we can't heal ourselves to 3 million health or something. It's not exactly rocket science. It would literally take a few seconds to fix, not including compile time obviously. It shouldn't need fixing though. It's basic common sense not to let crit chance go above 100%. You should be doing this for all variables in a game.

Edited by Lachryphage