Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Dread/bow Bug

Kaito_Kaiju

So while I was playing today I switched to the Dread. When I took aim, my right arm started shaking and pulling back fast and I was just holding my bow with one hand still able to shoot. It also happens when I slide too.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=184978419

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=184978369

I have this happen, but when it happens to me I can't shoot my primary/secondary weapon anymore. I can no longer pick up mods/energy/ammo or anything. It stays this way till the mission ends, or if on a defense mission it fixes itself after every checkpoint. IE: After wave 5, 10, 15. Drawing the bow back once causes this for me, had it happen several times. All I can do is melle and cast spells until I run out of energy and then melle some more. Pretty... Not cool to say the least. Being unable to pick up mods and fusion cores is very very saddening. I'll be unequipping my bow until this is looked into.

Edited by TheCloudWalker

I noticed that the "arrow-y" part of the arrow isn't anchoring to the "fire-y" part of the bow when you're character is idling. Animation while aiming is stuck with the string pulled fully back after the first shot with the weapon, which executes normally. Bow still FIRES fine, but the animation is going crazy-bananas. 

Confirmed to happen on Paris Prime as well. Although, I found out switching weapons actually does switch your weapon, it just doesn't show it. If you look at the bottom right corner, you can see that you actually do switch weapons, and when you do, you'll be able to pickup mods/energy.

Also, when I got knocked down by an Ancient, I was freed from the curse. Hope this helps.

When this happens the bow is still usable for me, just annoying.

But eventually I'll try switching to my pistol...and suddenly I'm unable to use either my primary or secondary. Extremely annoying bug, hoping that the inability to use weapons is anchored to Dread and not some overlying bug...

Yeah forgot to mention that when I switched weapons, there was no animation for it and after that none of my weapons could fire at all. I had the Glaive for distance but not as effective as my primary and secondary. Hopefully DE will see this and find out the problem and fix it. Hard to use a bow when I have to look at that twitchy arm. So distracting.