Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Out Of Throwing Knives. But... What Are Those Things In My Hands Then?

R3leaZ

They're fashion knives.  Those last 2 are for show, for striking awesome poses with when you're out of fighting knives.  You wouldn't want to look like you can't accessorize when you're out an about flaunting your outfit in front of the Grineer or Corpus, would you?  I mean, we're talking about genetically deteriorated clones with more mechanical parts than human ones much of the time, and guys who wear yellow and orange jumpsuits with HUGE square-block helmets.

If ugly looking and poorly dressed people like THEM laughed at your fashion choices, I'm sure you'd die of embarrassment way before you ever died of bullet fire.  To prevent that sad (but possible) scenario from happening, the Lotus was nice enough to give you 2 unthrowable fashion knives to pose with while jumping around and flipping and such to make you look -amazing- so that you'll never be at risk of dying from sheer embarrassment when you're out on the town shooting at cybernetic clones and the like.  

In fact, everyone you fight (including the infested) will give you uproarious applause even while you shoot / hack them to death with your remaining weapons that you do have ammo for because they'll LOVE how you look when they see how awesome your -fashion knives- are.  If you look really close, you'll realize that those last 2 weapons that you're holding are painstakingly detailed to look as gorgeous as possible while you somersault around holding them impotently because you can't (won't actually) throw them at people. 

If ugly looking and poorly dressed people like THEM laughed at your fashion choices, I'm sure you'd die of embarrassment way before you ever died of bullet fire.  To prevent that sad (but possible) scenario from happening, the Lotus was nice enough to give you 2 unthrowable fashion knives to pose with while jumping around and flipping and such to make you look -amazing- so that you'll never be at risk of dying from sheer embarrassment when you're out on the town shooting at cybernetic clones and the like. 

Oh, but they do laugh at you. Go and speak to Nef Anyo...

I have an alternative hypothesis : there are two parts to a thrown knife.  The knife, and the throw.  If you aren't out of knives, you must be out of throws.

It's like at a ring toss.  You aren't paying for rings.  There are plenty of rings, and you can pick up the ones you've already used.  You're paying for throws.

If you think about it, this makes a lot of sense.  We already know that there is matter-replicating (Radial Javelin), shape-changing (basically all orokin tech, at least supposedly) technology out there.  And anyway, why on earth would the Ignis use the same ammo drops as the Latron?  No -- what we're picking up, rather than ammo, is a type of credit the Lotus accepts in order to allow us to use our weapons.  It's like the weird BDSM relationship between Adam and that chick in Other M, whoever she was.

I have an alternative hypothesis : there are two parts to a thrown knife.  The knife, and the throw.  If you aren't out of knives, you must be out of throws.

It's like at a ring toss.  You aren't paying for rings.  There are plenty of rings, and you can pick up the ones you've already used.  You're paying for throws.

If you think about it, this makes a lot of sense.  We already know that there is matter-replicating (Radial Javelin), shape-changing (basically all orokin tech, at least supposedly) technology out there.  And anyway, why on earth would the Ignis use the same ammo drops as the Latron?  No -- what we're picking up, rather than ammo, is a type of credit the Lotus accepts in order to allow us to use our weapons.  It's like the weird BDSM relationship between Adam and that chick in Other M, whoever she was.

wait so

Tenno and their gear is so bada**

the only way to get us to stop being the murder train of discriminating taste

is to make us get permission to shoot?