The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Easy Fix to make Banshee more viable.

Banshees 2 biggest issues is

1: her Sonar doesn’t effect enough enemies to make her relevant.

2: Durability.

Fixing #1 is by design from DE. They could/can easily reverse this.

Fixing #2 is just as easy. Simply grant Sonar to give DR against mobs effected by it say up to 50% max.

Then have mobs effected by silence to have an accuracy debuff say again by 50%. 

In this way Banshee can make a stellar comeback as a dmg dealer and team friendly at the same time. Mobs can’t shoot you or your allies as effectively, the whole squads dmg output greatly increases and Banshee herself can stay off the floor.

Edited by (XB1)YouBitePi11ows

Eeeee, what

35m range at 100%range is too small?

Resonance augment which triggers additional sonar when you shot a weakspot is too little?

Nerfing the aim of enemies the more you parkour and improving every warframe armor is too little?

I dont get it man. There is a possibility that your builds are bad

Edited by Savire510
  • Like 6

I think being able to solo Arbitration survival for 60 minutes and more is kinda viable.

Is she perfect? No. But her major issue I'd rather see changed about her than anything else is to make Silence recastable. Which has been a main complaint about her for years I might add.

With the recent armor buffs and Arcane Ultimatum changes Banshee is actually better off and the most relevant ever since they nerfed afk-quaking.

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem

1 minute ago, Savire510 said:

Eeeee, what

35m range at 100%range is too small?

Resonance augment which triggers additional sonar when you shot a weakspot is too little?

Nerfing the aim of enemies the more you parkour and improving every warframe armor is too little?

I dont get it man. There is a possibility that your builds are bad

1: is an Aug not the base ability.

2: doesn’t matter how much you move, lvl 80 mobs only need to hit you twice, thanks to shield gate.

3: It’s very very obvious you don’t “get it”.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)YouBitePi11ows said:

1: is an Aug not the base ability.

2: doesn’t matter how much you move, lvl 80 mobs only need to hit you twice, thanks to shield gate.

3: It’s very very obvious you don’t “get it”.

Even without Resonance, Sonar still has a giant range. Almost 80 meters per cast if you go above 200%

Adaptation + Arcane Guardian (no reason to not get it esp right now) and you will be tanky as everyone else. 1025 armor basicaly forever and additional damage reduction from adaptation.

Its easier to say that i "don't get it" than just listen.

Edited by Savire510
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Savire510 said:

Even without Resonance, Sonar still has a giant range.

Adaptation + Arcane Guardian (no reason to not get it esp right now) and you will be tanky as everyone else.

Its easier to say that i "don't get it" than just listen.

Adaptation won’t save you. She’s to squishy to make use of it. By the time your getting your 4th stack to get to 40% DR your dead. What’s worse Guardian is dependent on RNGs 15%.

The problem with both those solutions is they are reactionary not preventative ways of minimizing dmg, and if the mobs are high enough lvl 80+ she can’t take the hits to get the reductions.

Edited by (XB1)YouBitePi11ows

Just now, (XB1)YouBitePi11ows said:

Adaptation won’t save you. She’s to squishy to make use of it. By the time your getting your 40% your dead.

The problem with both those solutions is they are reactionary not preventative ways of minimizing dmg, and if the mobs are high enough lvl 80+ she can’t take the hits to get the reductions.

you are not squishy if you have 1000 armor, thats why i said arcane guardian so you can actually take it.

• Like 3

She doesn't need to be durable. You are supposed to make her durable. In return, she offers the highest damage buff for the whole team from all warframes. Everything dies from a sneeze with a banshee in the team. Make use of parkour, sonic boom and silence and you shouldn't be "squishy".

• Like 6

vor 1 Minute schrieb (XB1)YouBitePi11ows:

Yet Nova, Gara, Gauss, Mesa, Mirage, Trinity, Ember to name more than a few are also caster/dps and they have access to DR... ok

If you need Damage Reduction with these frames against level 80 ,then builds isn't the only bad thing I smell

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, (XB1)YouBitePi11ows said:

Not good if your dead in 2-3.

Are we talking about 80lvl or 200 lvl?

A simple test.

https://streamable.com/562hiq

I dont even normally use banshee nor have i maxed arcane guardian (yet) only 1 level which is only +150 armor but still i counted a little bit more than 2-3 hits. With this time and sonar + silence i couldve killed them ten times over. and even before my death i couldve just used operator and regain 25% of HP per second with magus repair or even simpler, Vazarin.

Edited by Savire510
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Shield regen mods are viable now that shield gating is a thing, and Adaptation will help greatly once you can obtain it.

Not when you can’t take enough hits without death to obtain the DR. Adapt only works vs the dmg type your hit with. Bombard/Napes/Nullies/Toxic Ancients your done because you never get the chance to gain DR from them.

• Dropping your duration as low as it can go gives you a near spam Silence, every 10s.
  • Casting your Sonic Boom inbetween will handle the ones where it wears off in between.
  • Depending your placement, Sound Quake can do much of the same, especially with Natural Talent on.
  • Be sure to block, as well. A great parring with Banshee, is a Zaw with Heavy attack speed/dmg and Exodia Brave.
  • Sentinels with Guardian or Shield Charger help greatly, with Taxon being able to really lean into this best.
  • Augur set will give you a buffer for shield gate every time you cast an ability.
  • If you have access to Arcanes, many can also assist with either a specific troublesome resistance, or overall survival chances.
  • Rolling, Bullet Jump, and Parkour, decrease an enemies accuracy against you, as well as Blast/Electric Damage on an Ignis can seriously impair a battlefield.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (XB1)YouBitePi11ows:

Not when you can’t take enough hits without death to obtain the DR. Adapt only works vs the dmg type your hit with. Bombard/Napes/Nullies/Toxic Ancients your done because you never get the chance to gain DR from them.

Again if you *need* damage reduction that bad,you are doing something fundamentally wrong,my friend.It doesn't say TankFrame  ,it says Warframe. Artillery in War is  also not armored most of the time simply because they put out the damage and are not supposed to receive it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, (XB1)YouBitePi11ows said:

Yet Nova, Gara, Gauss, Mesa, Mirage, Trinity, Ember to name more than a few are also caster/dps and they have access to DR... ok

And do they have access to this? ?width=844&height=475

Not every frame needs to be Inaros. Banshee has got CC to disable enemies before they get annihilated through all these sonar spots.

• Like 2

Gerade eben schrieb (XB1)YouBitePi11ows:

Miss the point and responded with a “get gud”. Typical response from the internet.

I indeed don't see your point,Banshee is completely fine as she is,u don't need any Damage Reduction,and if u DO  then its not the Warframes lack of  ability,its yours.

• Like 6

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (XB1)YouBitePi11ows:

And there’s the double down on the “get gud”...

You are asking DE to buff one of the most broken frames in the game and didn't expect this answer?

• Like 2