Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bringing Mod Adaptive Mod Ranking Back To The Table

jrkong

A few livestreams back adaptive mod ranks was a topic brought up where you can adapt your mod rank to fit your warframe/weapon. Scott's proposed solution back then was to allow permanent downgrading but at the cost of losing all resources that were used in the process since players should plan things out before fusing. I think this should be brought back to the table especially with the introduction of corrupt mods as not every warframe or weapon is affected the same way by each corrupt mod and the debuff can seriously affect the balance of a warframe or weapon but considering majority of these mods are 10 rank rares creating 10 different copies of the mod just isn't a viable option so shouldn't adaptive ranking be implemented? Even if it wasn't applied to all mods it should at least be an option for corrupt mods due to their rarity and overall cost to level.

Alternatively: Let us set a mods level when we equip it to something, let us temporarily underclock a mod. I really don't want to have one of every single mod at every mod level just to be able to equip lesser powerful mods on mod-energy tight frames/weapons/sentinels. ):

There are a bunch of solutions that will work that are out there right now it's just DE hasn't really said they'll do any after that livestream ages ago.

On the one hand it would be nice to have as an option, but it also seems a little silly to me if we have to pay the cost again because of the exponential costs. Basically, in most situations where you would want to downgrade a mod and eventually level it back up, it's more effective to just level a second one up instead.

Here's some math to explain what I mean: every level takes twice as much "fusion XP" as the previous level. It takes one mod's copy to go from level 0 to level 1 as a baseline. From this, we can see that to go from level 1 to 2 takes 2 copies of the same mod, 2 to 3 takes 4 mods, etc. The formula for mods required to get from level 0 to level n is (2^n)-1, and the formula to go from rank n-1 to n is 2^(n-1) Let's say we have a theoretical maxed Serration (10 ranks) that we downgrade to rank 9. Over the course of play we then rank up said Serration back to rank 10. The cost to get from rank 9 to 10 is 2^(10-1) = 2^9 = 512 Serration copies. The cost to keep the rank 10 and make a new rank 9 Serration is (2^9)-1 = 511, which is actually *saving* you a little bit. So it's just more effective all around to make new mods and not downgrade them.

So in short, downgrading with paying the same costs is bad.

(Edited my maths as they were wrong initially.)

Edited by AluvianSprinter