Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Ability Ideas!

[DE]Helen

passive: instantly revives downed allies

ability 1: void beam - propels beam of void energy to kill enemies

ability 2: meele buff - increases meele damage and attack speed

ability 3: armor/shield leach - steals armor and shield from nearby enemies

ability 4: specter - builds a warframe specter out of parts scattered around

Passive: Void Stiches: walking through fallen enemies collects parts from them granting armor and shield

all abilites toggle

1: Broken charge: activating the malfunctioning red parts of the frame gain increased weapon damage while sparks fly out damaging and stunning close enemies

2: Splintered mirror: activating the white parts of the frame amplifying and reflecting incoming damage back to source whlie gaining damage reduction

3: Condensing mist: Activating the blue parts of the frame leave behind a mist of cloud that heals allies standing in it

4: Shed :Leaving behind all the parts becoming a pure form of void energy disabling the 1 2 3 abilites becoming invulnerable and damaging enemies you walk through. The parts stay stationary granting their buffs allies nearby

Passive : Upon death the form that was used loses his form and have only the others that remains

e.x if warframe died in blue form he can't use it anymore he will be able when he loses all form and revives himself

1) Changes forms like equinox but it can't be in all 3 forms at the same time and activates an UI of a void energy cap

•  Blue = more Sprint speed or attack speed
  •  Red = more Health
  • Grey = more armor
  • Affected by Mods ( X Strength  )

2) Warframe creates a field of void energy, any enemy that stands in this field it consumes heath and transfered  into warframe.

• Field will be affected by mods (  X Range  ,  XStrength )

3)Warfame gets in the ground  as a void root and seek out for enemies to steal their existance (enemies fade away)

• Warframe steals void energy that maxes the UI increase
  • Affected by Mods ( X Range  , X Duration )

4) The warframe falls apart and then it reveals its true form the void organic root .UI starts to grow significally by being in this form and by the activation of  the 1st ability decrease the UI grouth

• Affected by Mods (X Duration)
  • available to move around in a void organic form in a void-real world state  (25% DMG reduction)
  • decrease of the basic stats while in this ability (heath , shield, armor)
  • if 1st ability is activated all three forms are active
  • Available to use only the 1st ability while the ability is active

I hope you liked my ideas ^-^

Passive: Bloodthirst

Headshot-kills increase powerstrength for 2 seconds. (Powerstrength cant be stacked, the duration can be stacked)

Ability 1: Invasion

Take over an enemy with energy tendrils. After a couple of seconds, it will explode and deal Radiation damage. (Damage scales off of powerstrength, delay til explosion scales off of powerduration, range scales off powerrange)

Ability 2: Agile rage

Increase your overall movementspeed slightly. Bullet jumping, dodging or any other kind of parkour now deals slash damage and is improved. During any act of parkour, damage taken is reduced by 75%. (Slash damage scales off of powerstrength, range does not affect the ability, ability duration can be increased. Speed-buff can not be changed by mods)

Ability 3: Storm of shards

Break yourself into pieces and shards, dealing slash damage to enemies you pass and being able to move slightly faster. While in Storm of shards, you receive 60% Evasion (Damage scales off of powerstrength, powerrange affects the range of the damage, duration reduces the energy drain during the ability).

Ability 4: Broken body

Breaks off every body part and turn every single one into a blade. In a 20m radius, your body parts move at intense speeds, dealing slash damage with 50% status chance every 0.2s to everybody in the radius. Ability lasts 4s. (Powerstrength affects the slash damage and status chance. Powerrange affects the radius of damage. Duration does affect the ability.)

While using glitches and bugs is part of the charm for this frame, I don't know. I kinda see the idea of having it work with your Operator, mostly cause of the idea that void energy is keeping it together. A partnership, not like Umbra that moves on his own, but where this ephemeral like frame is somewhat dependent on the Operator, but it also helps the Operator, like it's repaying a debt. Like it is broken, stitched together, but it's being held together because of them.

Passive = Void Essence - Utilizes own void energy in some of it's abilities. While near other sources of void energy (Operator, Void tile set, Reactants, Void Proxima <?>, anything to do with void) it fills up its void energy and health. When depleted of void energy, can no longer use abilities. Will never deplete  to zero, always stopping before due to connection with Operator.

[Basic energy can be used to activate abilities, but void energy is needed to really use abilities]

Ability 1 = Void Beam -  Hand(s) disappear/fall off, leaving only the void tendrils/roots. Unable to use weapon(s) while active, fires void beams from tendrils/roots. When used with 4th ability, power damage can increase if Operator (own or ally) shoots at Frame.

Ability 2 = Scend - Unleashes a wave of void, causing enemies caught in it to be stuck in position, feeling their very presence slipping away. Upon returning to self, they return to an earlier mind state, unable to remember what had happened to them. Allies hit with wave gains Operator's 'void dash' for a certain amount of time.

Ability 3 = Fer - Once activated, all damage done to Operator (and possibly allies) is sent to Frame. Once in control, status damage stays but once melee attacks an enemy, status effects transfer along with half damage Frame received. Frame also regains some health back.

Ability 4 = Within - Upon activating, Frame's roots/tendrils glow bright, overflowing with energy. Allows Frame to traverse through walls and gain specific ability depending on focus tree selected at time. When in control of Operator, Frame moves on own but only until void energy depletes. [As side effect, Warframe has void ghosts of different warframes flashing in it, representing the remnants of frames used to create it] If in wall when void depletes, will return to room with either loss of large chunk of health or instant death.

Fair warning, I have zero idea how to balance abilities properly, so I may not give exact numbers; please take any I do give with a grain of salt.

Passive: Void Discharge - When an enemy melee attacks [broken Frame], the enemy takes 10% of the damage it dealt as Void damage.

1: Shed - 25 energy - [broken Frame] drops some of their chassis on the ground to create a small well of energy and lighten their own load. They take a fairly large hit to armor and maximum health in exchange for more sprint speed, parkour speed, and jump height; the dropped parts slowly give energy to allies within a small radius, and briefly shock-stun enemies (similarly to Wisp's Shock Motes) that get too close. Effect lasts for a fairly long duration, or until [broken Frame] picks up the parts to end it early.

2: Void Seed - 50 energy? - A trail of those weird white Voidy root vine things (DE pls explain those) grows from the ground in [broken Frame]'s footsteps for a short duration. Enemies that enter the trail are trapped in place until the duration ends, taking chip damage and getting the Void's bullet attractor status effect.

...I'm out of ideas and it's almost 6 am. May edit this later with the other two

I'm going with the "broken void-held together theme" rather than the "meme glitchy-buggy frame theme"

Role: Offensive Support

Passive: [Warframe]'s body is a living sentient being on its own, and as such, it can detect incoming attacks and has a 50% chance to deconstruct and dodge said attacks (visually pleasing as well, imagine the Monsoon boss fight from Metal Gear Solid Revengeance) 

1 - Void Bloom: A void tendril emanates from [Warframe]'s body towards his target, upon reaching the target, it deals 50% of the target's max health as Finisher damage and a void tree/flower/whatever starts growing in that place (cannot be cast twice on the same target). The tree has an aura that heals allies for 2/3/4/5% of their maximum health per second and also damage enemies for 200 + 2/3/4/5% of their maximum health per second in its radius. Upon expiring, the tree will then yet again transform into a void tendril rushing towards the nearest target that was in the radius and forming a new tree. If no targets are in range the tree expires forever and must be re-cast. (Void tendril range and tree aura can be increased by power range, duration of tree can be increased by duration, damage/heal can NOT be increased by power strength)

2 - Void Cradle: Can be cast on self or on allies. Those affected by this have void whips lashing towards nearby enemies that get too close (a bit more than melee range), which deals damage and briefly staggers them. For each enemy hit, the whips grab a bit of their essence which is returned to the user as a stacking 1% damage reduction that can stack up to 50% and that decays over time. Enemies can be hit only once every 3 seconds (works on bosses for the purpose of slowly stacking the buff but without the stagger) (the stack drain is based on [Warframe]'s power efficiency)

3 - Void Absorption: Self cast buff for 5/10/15/20 seconds (can be increased by duration) that allows [Warframe] to absorb the first proc that hits him and transforms it into an extra damage buff of that elemental/physical type for the duration of the skill.

4 - True Form: Void limbs grow out of [Warframe]'s back, they extend down to the ground and push him up (around 1 meter) from the ground. His walk and sprint speed are increased by 200% and his bullet jumps are twice as long (cannot be increased by power strength) (custom animations for walking/sprinting/bullet jumping/dashing) (animation would somewhat resemble Doctor Octopus from Spiderman walking), he also becomes immune to ANY movement altering effects (he can't get slowed by anything BUT he can't be buffed by Volt either) (the limbs look similar to Kerrigan's wings from Starcraft).  His melee weapon is replaced by his own Exalted Limbs/Tendrils (which are similar to the ones Alex Mercer has in Prototype, this is needed as other melee weapon animations would not work while he's suspended 1 meter in the air) (he can still use ranged weapons)

11 hours ago, SKT_NAtrium said:

Hunter of the Void

The Gun and the Blade

I present to you my take on the broken warframe.

Things i tried to avoid:

The warframe dismantling herself into thousands of peaces just to reconstruct herself

I havent read anything besides the Broken warframe part and the image above.

I only know that there will be a new warframe that is all. I never knew this game made things like these where it made community choose but damn i like the ideas.  I've loved every single idea i've read so far so here goes mine.

If you do not like something i said above just dont bother reading anything down. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cannot Reduce the cooldown of the abilities 

This warframe cannot equip a male weapon nor a range one ////////////////

This warframe has Triple the lvling need to reach lvl 30.

Gaining no traits over lvlup( no + hp or + armor + shield etc..)  only ability scaling

The warframe has  300 hp and 300 shield untill reaching lvl 30

The warframe has no energy , the energy bar is replaced by a meter that counts the number of daggers held or +% amount of dmg when in gun form

The warframe does 50 % of its normal dmg to sentients even if it has shields (no need to switch to tenno from to brake the shield sort of way) when the shield is broken she does 125% dmg to it.

Voracity ( Consume ) Passive when knives activated : After killing or assisting (set amount of units) the warframe regains her first 3 abilities with 10% less energy usage and also gaining 2 *Void Blades*(throwing knives that go past units struck and atach to walls/terrain deal 10% of units health) (Her hand generates the blades and has a SET amount of limit the blades can be male and ranged (short ranged) )

Flourish ( Grow Or Develop ) Passive when gun activated : The gun does 30 % more dmg for each consecutive shot hit and heal for 10 % of the dmg . ( The gun is one of the hands and she reloads with the other hand she is the gun, she is the bullet that ends) 

(Blades Edge )First Ability : click:Throws 3 *Blades* at pointed location ataching to terrain(Or strong unit) and damaging enemies hit along the way** hold:consumes all stacks of *Blades* to release SET AMOUNT OF *Blades* towards nearest(close range ability) enemies (Blades=enemies)damaging and giving the warframe +1 *Blade* for each enemy struck. Ability has a 10 second cooldown 

( Plumage )Second ability:Activity gives the warframe and the warframe only (SET amount of atack speed) and Damage Reduction from all sources. This ability has a 40 second cooldown.

( Bladecaller )Third Ability: The Warframe recalls all the blades towards the warframe OR selected unit damaging enemies in the way OR if casted upon one target also damages the target for X amount of *Blades * heals the warframe for % dmg done to enemies.(she can literally one shot selected enemy if daggers collide)  This ability has a 1 minute cooldown.

( Curtains Call ) Fourth Ability : The warframe transforms her arm into a makeshift void gun that has 5 bullets and long reload  (The fifth does 2x passive dmg) This ability has a one minute cooldown and cannot be moddified or affected by passive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

( Tumble ) FIrst ability : Teleport a short distance away and gain camouflage (beeing able to be damaged by lassers toxins electricity bullets etc. if struck  be revealed) and 200% damage buff on your next shot then be revealed.  5 second cooldown

( Voids Mark )Second ability: Cast on a single enemy to shot out a void grenade that explodes after 2 seconds stuns the unit and nearby ones disabling their weapons and giving them -atack speed for 10 seconds.  5 second cooldown

( Void Cannon )Third: Combines both of her arms into one cannon that fires all five of her shots into one bullet that ignores collision and armor damaging enemies in a line. 60 Second cooldown (That way when you transform from knife mode to gun mode you could have this ability instantly up)( Can be cast when in Tumble to do extra dmg )

( Sinister Steel ) Fourth ability: Transform the warframe  back into knife mode. No cooldown

(When lvl 30 the warframe becomes exiled(Max power) and gains bonus stats on health shield and a +10% more dmg to both weapons and gains a companion of the void a creature that copies all the warframe does but after every third atack or ability cast (you could simply cast your gun ultimate  2 (ability 3) times, once you and once your shadow).Your void shadow lvls up as a normal companion after reaching lvl 30 before 30 there is no companion.).

I love doing this kind of stuff it usually goes unnoticed but who cares i love imagining things and where there's a call i always answer.( probably a stupid design idk honestly i just did this cause i had noting to do)

Sorry if there are any tilting grammar mistakes. I tried to fix as much of them as i could.

- Little NA 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passive Strong Spirit Broken's aura effect is doubled.

1) Hobble. Dash towards enemy and smite them, applying damage and Lifted status in 5m aoe. Each cast applies a stacking -10 flat armor debuff for 10 seconds. Consecutive casts don't refresh the timer, 10 seconds must pass for each stack. Mods don't change debuff strength and duration. Broken has 200 base armor.

2) Malfunction. Shields break for short duration, shocking all enemies in medium range once and zapping single enemies for duration. Can be cast again only after shields finish recharging. Initial blast scales with the amount of shields and overshields.

3) Void Blessing. Apply a quarter of a random Dragon Key effect on self for short duration. After debuff ends apply same effect as a medium range team buff for triple duration. Can stack same buff/debuff up to four times, refreshing its duration.

4) Self-destruct. Stand still, charging energy into a massive radiation blast, leaving Broken scattered across the floor but not dead. Channeling ability with extremely high energy drain, that scales damage of explosion based on time spent charging. Channeling cannot be stopped. While scattered on the floor Broken recharges energy at 10/s and after pressing 4 again, reassembles. Even with Primed Flow and maximum Ability Efficiency channeling cost should be steep enough to drain all energy in less that 3-4 seconds. Broken will reassemble in 10 seconds without recast to prevent abuse. If possible, entering "broken" state should purge buffs and status effects.

Drawbacks and risk should provide powerful effects while incentivizing to mod all around the place. Armor, shield, shield recharge, max energy, ability stats all provide some benefit and bring more feeling to patching Broken with mods.

Broken Warframe:

Passive - Enemies targeting the Warframe have greatly reduced accuracy. (After all it would be incredibly hard to shoot a pile of constantly moving parts that aren't physically connected)

Abilities (1st at top and 4th at bottom):

Fragmentation - The Warframe sacrifices a portion of its health to throw an appendage that ricochets around the room, targeting multiple enemies. The health sacrificed is returned to the Warframe upon the appendage's arrival back to the main body, which would probably make this a highly duration-oriented ability that forces the user to make a bit of a gamble.

Bleeding Heart - A tendril of energy erupts from the Warframe's chest, latching onto multiple targets and healing the Warframe for the duration of the ability.

Burial - The Warframe sacrifices health by tearing a piece from itself and stabbing it into the ground. This causes the Void energy from the fragment to resonate through an area of effect and provide allies with a/multiple buff(s). (These might be health regeneration/increase to play off of the idea in the second ability, over shields, energy regeneration/increase, etc.)

Overload - Void Energy overwhelms the Warframe, causing tendrils of energy to cover the Warframe and attack nearby enemies. Whilst this ability is active, the Warframe moves at a greatly reduced speed and cannot use weapons, instead relying on the tendrils and other abilities to kill enemies. Additionally, Fragmentation greatly increases in casting speed and no longer requires health to cast, which overall turns the Warframe into the perfect abomination of energy tendrils and flying parts.

Passive: The Void Within

All frame abilities have a press and a hold version. Press version hits/uses accumulate Void Energy within its tendrils and body, while Hold version expends Void Energy for alternate or more powerful effects. Instead of Dying, once in a certain time period the frame can expend void energy to reassemble itself temporarily, and if the frame kills an enemy will be fully revived. Full revive has a cooldown period that extends the more it is used in a single mission.

1st ability: Tendril Lash/Void Whip

Tendril Lash: Tap the ability button up to three times in quick succession to use the void tendrils in the frame's arms to extend and whip at enemies nearby in increasingly wide and long lashes. Accumulates Void Energy at a low rate per enemy hit. Deals Slash, Impact, and Void damage.

Void Whip: Hold the ability button to wind up and extend both arms outward during a spin, ravaging enemies around you with slashing void tendrils with guaranteed slash procs and stealing health and either armor or shields for a short amount of time, distributing a portion to nearby allies for the same duration.

2nd Ability: Slither/Shadow-dash

Slither: Tap the ability button to partially disassemble and slither across the ground. Enemies in your path are knocked down and slowed for a duration while taking impact and slash damage.

Shadow-Dash: Hold the ability button to radiate Void Energy to rapidly propel yourself through enemies, crushing vital areas and distributing damage dealt to allies as Health and Armor or Shields.

3rd Ability: Living Leeches/Void Radiance

Living Leeches: Sacrifices a small amount of health and armor to spawn void leeches that seek out and attach to enemies. These leeches will transfer health and armor or shields to the frame and nearby allies, with damage dealt to the enemy increasing the amount of armor/shields applied to allies.

Void Radiance: Expends Void Energy to rapidly regenerate and reinforce nearby allies, pets, and friendly units with Health, Armor, and Shields/Overshields. As this ability puts great strain on the Frame, it expends all Void Energy and causes a moderate amount of health damage to the frame.

4th Ability: Void Stockpile/Avatar of Emptiness

Void Stockpile: Tap the ability button to convert a full gauge of Void Energy into a Void Orb that is then used to activate Avatar of Emptiness state, storing up to three Orbs within the frame's body. Each orb generated will increase power strength, duration, and range, but reduce power efficiency and maximum health.

Avatar of Emptiness: Utilize all stored Void Orbs to destructively erupt from the frame's physical form as a Void Avatar, gaining increased stats such as Power Strength, Range, Efficiency, Duration, and greatly increased Void Energy generation for a period of time. The Frame's weapons will be unavailable but their statistics will be used for the Void Bullet and Void Razor (Optionally Void Bullet and Void Razor would be modifiable similar to Titania's ultimate ability weapons). Void Bullet fires blasts of Void Energy as primary fire, and wide waves of Void Energy as alternative fire. Void Razor is a thin blade of void energy that attacks in deliberate swings and flourishes while drawing enemies close. Once the energy from the Void Orbs is expended, the frame returns to normal with a short period of invincibility and a short debuff preventing use of Void Energy.

With these abilities I wanted to combine a frame that could deal out damage and sustain itself while also applying some support that wouldn't be as immediate or powerful as dedicated healers. Supportive abilities are either quite costly (Void Radiance), or focused on increasing resistances (Living Leeches, Shadow-Dash, and Void Whip).

Avatar of Emptiness is something I really think would fit this frame, as the patchwork of broken armor kind of says to me that there's a greater being contained within that just isn't quite powerful enough to sustain itself without more energy and a host shell.

1st: Nano Scavengers: Activate to imbue Eornheit weapons with Nanites. Killed enemies will drop body parts that Eornheit can grab and attach to himself granting him bonuses. Charge to emit a magnetic pulse that pulls parts towards Eornheit. Attached parts will dissasemble and fall over time. (Not sure if different enemies could grant her different bonuses A.K.A.: Grenieer=armor, Corpus=Shields, etc. or cicle through different modes according to what the tenno wants to get from enemies) 

2nd: Scan Beacon: Eornheit drops a beacon that stuns all enemies around her for a short period and scans them. Affected enemies get more damage from Eornheit and have their weak points marked for the duration of the effect.

3st: Fanatics: Eornheit targets an enemie and detaches part of his gained bodyparts "armor" creating a drone that will dash towards the marked enemy and explode upon contact creating a powerfull blast killing everything around. Hold to create up to 7 drones that will dash in opposite directions seeking for enemies. The more you hold, the more drones created but Eornheit loses more gathered enemy parts, 7 drones fully depleting Eornheit.

4th: Dismantler: Summon a mighty blade. Holding melee will make the Dismantler snap to the closest target in melee range and begin dismantling it until killed. Dismantled parts will attach to Eornheit. Keeping his 1st active will turn Eornheits Dismantler into a gunblade, generating a beam upon melee hold that will snap to an enemy and dismantle them at a distance.

Passive: Wall dashing has a chance to make structures tremble and lights glitch distracting or scaring closeby enemies. Affected enemies will not attack and might run away for a short period.

The basic idea is giving Eornheit abilities to help him reconstruct, each ability synergizing with the rest. Giving him some range so he doesn't run into troubles if there's a Saryn in the squad killing everything around and giving hi, some crowd control and a powerful 4th usefull against tought enemies or even good to shot bosses at the cost of great energy consumption. I tried to balance all this stuff but I am not an avid gamer. I guess this would require further testing and reworking from pros 🙂

Oh man , this is going to be a long post ...

So let me start . I will use the spoiler feature to organized the post so it won't look messy.

First of all : Thoughts & Inspiration
I want to talk about my thought process first . This will give my following presentation more life in them .

Spoiler

So at the very start when there are no official art , i just think of a frame that's broken but somehow get the job done . But after the art , I noticed it has at least 2 frame in it (a red and a blue ) , and this give me an idea of " 2 broken frame fused together " .

And immediately after that , I think about how this two frames will behave . They can work together to become more powerful , or they can fight each other on order to take control the entire body . I went for the second approach , as the first one will be too similar to Equinox , and the latter one also give more " broken " feeling .

And as for how to represent the that feeling of fighting for dominance , I think of Kayn , from League of legend , where a fighter and a sentient weapon fight to take over each other . My abilities will have some shadow of them , but also fused with my knowledge and ambition to make a unique warframe .

So basically , this frame will have abilities from two unknown frame , and the one that's being used more, will become more powerful until they take over and unleash their full potential for a while , but not forever , because they are broken , and also because that didn't fit warframe in very many ways.

This is enough talking , up to the next part .

Second : Lore

Sorry , it's not ability yet . But having a mini lore behind a frame really helps me think of their abilities . It's not going to be a long novel , just a quick summary .

Spoiler

So a long time ago , there are 2 warframes who are assigned to protect an Orokin Scientist . They become friends .

But in a mission , 2 frames sacrificed themselves to protect the scientist , failed and destroy themselves in the process . In a desperate attempt to save themselves and their friends , the scientist use the remain of those two and every thing he can find ( the gray part ) , to " resurrect " them .

The frame came back to life , and protect the scientist from the danger . The End .

Just a little story .

( Maybe usable in Levirian ? )

Third : Abilities 

I finally come to the main part of this frame . Of cource all of them have their own inspiration and thought process . 

Also I'm bad at naming , so there will be no power names . I will use " BW ( Broken Warframe ) " as the nick name of the frame .

Passive 

As the abomination of two frame's remain , there is a constant war within . 

BW will have two little bars in the right down corner , represent those two's power .

The bar will increase after casting abilities , base on the original source of that ability .

Spoiler

So , Instead of a mini-function , I went for the "base of power" approach . Like Chroma , Gauss , etc .

I originally think of just a single bar , and two power will fight for dominance .

But then i realize that will really limit the choice players can make , and punished people from trying to synergized them .That's not I want , so I change to it's current form .

But unlike Gauss and Chroma , this will not affect his entire kit , but mainly his 4 . The 4 will greatly effect his other power though , I will talk bout it later .

tap

BW empower his right arm , making it a hand blade , quickly slice through the space in front of him , damage close enemies.

hold

BW lower his left arm , create a area that will slow down enemies that step on it .

Spoiler

Here is the complicated part .

So after some thoughts , I decide to make those two frame contrast from each other . This will give more flavor to their inner war .

The color red represents aggression , so I made it a violent melee frame . not a berserker , just aggresive . They will use their hand blade to slice everything into pieces .

Blue is more calm and elegant , so I made it a sniper/caster frame . they will set up traps to mess with enemies , and shoot them down with precise aim .

This brings to BW's first ability . I want to make this a simple ability , that can really show the core of the frame . So it became two mini-abilities in one . Both are no super powerful , just like their broken user .

The quick slice is close range , really shows that the red frame is an melee frame . As the small slowing area shows the manipulative nature of the blue frame .

Also the tap and hold . I made red part a tap , because it's supposed to be swift , as most of the melee game style .

And the blue part a hold , because it's setting up the battlefield . It's slower and elegant .

BW quickly spins around a few time with his right arm , damage enemies nearby .

Spoiler

This ability is obviously from the red , aggressive melee frame . The 3 will be come from the blue frame .

For his 2 and 3 , I want to put their signature power in here , so basically their Ult . But a super damage one , since they are broken .

I think a blade tornado will suit really well .

This power will be a quick clear for trash mobs , the enemies alive will be slice with 1(tap) .

Also works with 1(hold) , as the slowing zone will gather some enemies together , so they can be clean up really easily .

BW put down a mine with his left arm , one will be triggered by enemies nearby .

Once triggered , it will cause fire damage and procs in an area for a period of time .

Enemies damage by this ability will be highlighted .

Spoiler

This power is from the blue frame .

I have a hard time think of this power , most of them are just too similar to already exist frames .

But at the end , I came up with this . Fire procs will be a nice CC and debuff , also the highlighting really helps with aiming . 

tap

Can only be used when the red bar is full . 

BW's red power takes over the frame for a short time , greatly increase melee damage , melee range , and BW's 1(tap) and 2 .

BW's 3 will be disabled for the duration of the power .

hold

Can only be used when the blue bar is full .

BW's blue parts dominance the frame , greatly increase gunnery damage , reload speed , and BW's 1(hold) and 3.

BW's 2 will be disabled for the duration of the power.

Spoiler

So here's the ult , where one of the frame will finally win over for a while . After gathering power for themselves , the result of this war will show really quickly .

The power of the winner will be super increase , as it have all the resources , and the losing one will be dormant .

To represent this , I increase the power related to the winning frame , for red is melee , and blue is guns .

Also the abilities of that frame will also be more powerful , in the price of losing one ability . The power will definitely make up for it . 

The empowered abilities will be down below .

And ofcource , the bar will be reset after using this ability . Whether or not this will reset both of them is base on balance team . 

Empowered 1(tap) :

The damage will increase , also it will send out a wave of energy that deals same damage on it's path .

Empowered 2:

Will damage more times , and suck in enemies in a range with guaranteed slash proc .

Spoiler

So with a lose of one ability , this two power needs to be super good .

Melee weapons in this game often are good at clearing hordes , and I want these two power also have that feature .

1(tap) will be a small horde clear , still good at trash mobs , but also have decent damage to kill tougher units . Also one enemies can be hurt by both the slash and the wave , bringing a form of scaling .

while 2 become a room clear , with slash procs as it's scaling . It will not be a map nuke , but big enough kill all nearby enemies . 

Also enemies that didn't die form 2 can be close-slice by 1(tap) , as a synergy between this two abilities .

Empowered 1(hold):

Enemies step in will be stopped in place , and suffer form increased headshot damage .

Empowered 3:

Have a longer duration , and enemies head will now attract bullets .

Spoiler

This is the blue part of this frame , who is a elegant sniper . So I want powers that can help player's shot .

1(hold)will make enemies super easy to shot , and increase headshot damage is cherry on top .

3 will literally removed the need of aiming , and have a synergy with 1(hold)'s headshot damage .

This may seems OP , but with the price of one less power , I think it's fine .

I went for headshot damage instead of crit or status , is because I don;t want to limit player's weapon choice . And not just damage because that will be the same as the ult .

Summary 

So this is my take on this broken warframe . 

I'm slightly concerned about the mechanics being too complex , but I think I do a nice work of simplify them .

So sum up this frame .

This is a frame that have two frame in it , casting ability will make them more powerful .The winner will take over for a while with super power .

I think this frame is a interesting way of using the " broken " theme , as it's not just broken , but the results of two broken frame .

We already have Zuud in Fortuna with a similar concept , so I think this will 100% fit in this game .

(Also they can be good friends )

So the broken frame arrived in time))) I would like it to limp a bit when walking, this would show its brokenness. Here are the abilities that I would give him:
Passive ability - when using abilities, it loses one part of the body, which gives buffs to all players.
1st ability - releases an energy ball that deals damage to enemies. at the same time, the frame loses a hand, which is restored after 20 seconds, when a hand is lost, a bonus to the attack speed is distributed to all players.
2nd ability - releases a wave of energy that throws away all enemies and slows them down, if the enemies hit the wall, more damage is done. The frame loses its leg, which is restored after 30 seconds, slowing down the frame and giving bonus to the speed of movement and the duration of the combo counter.
3rd ability - explodes. Dealing damage to a single target, it loses arms and legs, which are restored after 20 seconds.
4th ability - Divides himself into parts, moves in flight to an enemy or ally, you have 10 seconds of flight, when parts hit an ally, copy it, turning into it with the same abilities and stats, if it hits an enemy, it gives him control, gives him the ability to control him and use his weapons. The effect of an obsession with an enemy or a copy is 20 seconds.

I cont think of any ability’s but I have a idea that like a corrupted mod once a ability is used it can have a positive and a negative effect on the warframe/team/environment 

for example: take mirage prime as a example if you used her first ability it would summon copies of herself but would reduce fire rate, damage, movement or health and shields 

I like the idea for a broken Warframe made of other Warframes. Can we get a Warframe that you can customize like Zaws? Here's my idea. Once you get the Broken Warframe Blueprint you take other Warframes to complete it. You would get your abilities from the prints you use. Foe example the number one ability would come from the Chassis Blueprint you use then the second ability could come from Systems Blueprint and the third would come from the Neurotics Blueprint then the forth could come from a Warframe Blueprint. 

You could make it so you can only have one Warframe type Blueprint per build. Example would be if you used Volt's Neuroptic you can not use any other Volt Blueprints on that build. You could make this Warframe as many times as you like and it would be broken differently every time because it will never be a complete Warframe.

Passive could be when you use an ability it's never 100%. There could be a range of 80% to 120% ability stats. This is not a finely tuned machine. It's a Warframe put together with spare parts.

Am 17.4.2020 um 19:02 schrieb [DE]Helen:

Community-Created-Warframe-Header-alt-blue.jpg

We’re calling upon the Warframe community to create the next Warframe! You can stay up-to-date on the design phases in the official Community-Designed Warframe thread.

Community artist, Eornheit has created the official Warframe concept art based on the Broken Warframe submitted by eaterofstorms!

We need four Abilities and a Passive to complete the community-designed Warframe. Share your ideas with us! The Warframe team will be using your ideas in-game.

Official Concept Art by Eornheit:

Broken_Warframe_Concept (1).png

The Dev Team has expounded eaterofstorms’s Broken Warframe theme. Use this description to inspire your Ability ideas!

Assembled from the remnants of Warframes destroyed during the Old War and held together by Void energy. 

How to submit:

In this thread, share a description of 1-4 Warframe Abilities and a Passive. Base your ideas on the Broken Warframe theme and Eornheit’s concept art!

You may include values with your Ability ideas, but please keep in mind that these values might be changed by the Dev Team later in the design phase.

Guidelines:

• One submission per player. Be sure to include all of your Ability ideas in one post!
  • 1-4 Ability ideas and 1 Passive idea per player.
  • Ability ideas can’t be changed after they are submitted. You may edit your post to make small changes like fixing typos. "Reason for edit" will be reviewed.
  • If there are duplicate submissions, only the one that was first posted will be considered - we’ll be watching!
  • Ability ideas must be original. Your submission can be from a post you made elsewhere as long as it’s your own!
  • Abilities might be slightly altered by the Dev Team as needed to ensure consistency with Warframe’s overall design. 
  • Do not reserve spots in this thread.
  • Only post submissions in this thread.
  • Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered. 
  • Chosen Ability ideas become property of Digital Extremes.

We understand that we can’t avoid duplicate submissions, so please do your best to submit ideas that have yet to be presented, and we’ll do our best when sorting through to ensure there is a fair opportunity for all!

Selecting the Final Abilities:

Call for submissions will close on Thursday, April 30 at 1:00pm ET.

The Warframe Team will review all submissions to select the community-created Warframe’s Abilities! We may mix and match submissions from multiple players. Please keep in mind that we might make small changes to Abilities to ensure the community-created Warframe is consistent with Warframe’s overall design.

Passive- Disassembling

Has a void meter. When the void meter is above 75%, you get more sprint speed, armor and damage. When the void meter is empty, the frame disassembles. By pressing  an ability key, the warframe reassembles and the respective ability gets a small buff for the rest of the mission. Buffs stack. When the warframe is disassembled, enemies can´t target it.

1- Void Mark

Damages a group of enemies and sets a mark on each one (like the zenith mark, you can´t see it through walls though). By hitting the mark with your weapon you get some energy back.

Lvl up: increased damage and/or range

2-Turret

Places a turret, which shoots void streams that stun/confuse enemies. The player needs to be near the turret for it to work. The turret can be shot. (if this is a bad ability, replace it with any other form of cc)

Lvl up: increased damage and/or decreased drain of void charge

3-Void tentacles

Tentacles breach out of marked enemies. When the player hovers the mouse over  them, the tentacles reach out to the player and pull the enemies to the warframe. Every enemy pulled to the warframe drains energy. The enemies keep being attached to the tentacles, till they  die or you move. Moving stops the ability.

Enemies around you grant you void charge (1-2m radius).

Lvl up: decreases energy drain and/or increases void charge gain

4-component shield

Full void charge required. The warframe unleashes a storm of scrap (or whatever it´s made of), forming a shield around it which deals high amounts of damage.

Lvl up: increases shield armor and/or damage

Synergies:

1,4,3-Mark enemies, activate 4, activate 3 and pull them into you.

2,1,3- turret cc´s enemies that the warframes pulls, so the warframe gains void charge

Passive: due to his void construct, upon death they will turn into a large mass of void energy away from where you died that will decay quickly. Go back to your broken parts to revive yourself.

Ability 1 [Blinding Surge] create a shockwave of void that blinds the enemy. Ability 2[Broken Grasp] Using a large amount of void, hold onto an enemy. Making you use your secondary or melee in turn for giving you health. 
Ability 3[heavy Lash] Lash out a void column to hit a group of enemies at the cost of your health.

Ability 4 [Decaying Wrath] Let your void energy out as it starts to corrupt your foes minds. Your health will drain quickly but will make them your allies for a short to a long time depending on the time spent exposed.

I would live to see some kind of scavenging mechanic to go with the cobbled together theme.

Passive: increased revive range/AoE. very situational but occasionally really handy.

1: scavenge parts from enemy corpses, corpus grant overshield, grineer increase armour (either with a cap or with degredation over time/per hit) infested grant health regeneration.

2: ranged tendril burst, either a cone effect or arcing from enemy to enemy, paralyses/impales while channelled and scavenges parts from targets that die.

3: didn't have an idea for 3, but someone suggested collapsing into parts to drop threat and it was a really cool idea. Would also drop all stacks of scavenged parts.

4 shed skin: the void tendrils burst out of the frame and pour into a target, pulling the target to pieces to build a new body. Basically a teleport with a high range that requires a target, drops all stacks of scavenged parts but scavenges from the target and all nearby targets.

What do people think?

Passive: (I honestly didn't know passives existed in warframe, sorry)

Ability 1: Salvage- the broken frame takes a small amount of health or energy from corpses (Energy cost: 30)

Ability 2: Fracture- the frame shatters a targeted enemy, the shards of said enemy can inflict some damage to nearby enemies

(Energy cost: 50)

Ability 3: Void Pulse- using the power of the void "glue" holding this frame together, a pulse of energy is sent out that chains between enemies, dealing damage that decreases the more enemies it passes through

(Energy cost: 65)

Ability 4: Fragment: frame loses health, (could be represented via limbs sections falling off of the actual character) to gain extra damage and a slight energy regen

(Energy cost: 80)

(Fixed for typos in an edit, also, the energy is of course not set in stone, it is just a way to show how strong the ability would be)

What if there are actualy 3 warframes that couldn't hold it together in the war that the voide fused them and now its a complete warframe made by broken warframes,

So you would cycle trough every warframe by pressing one similarly by how equiniox does, and for example if the tech warframe is in charge, the predominant look should be tech,

What if he feeds off the enemy so for example you would absourb corpus tech and have it scale based on how powerful the corpus was and use that for your abilities.

Ability 1 (life consumer) target one enemy (except bosses and specters) tarn him into an infested hive that will regain life to nearby allies 

Ability2(true pain) Sacrifice some of your health to deal massive damage to all enemies in distants

Ability 3 ( infested vessels) tarn all enemies (except bosses and specters) in a distants to an infested vessels that will regain energy to nearby allies

Ability 4 (broken vessel) tarn broken warframe's right hand into a long sickle that can deal damage from a distants and tarn the lift hand into an Invincible copy of broken warframe that can attack your target form a large distants

Passive : increase status chance by 50% and increase toxic damage

Obsidian

The brittle one

-----

Concept goal: Playing around the idea of a frame that has been broken before and is a patch-job of parts that are not fully capable of surviving their function, I ultimately decided on a frame that is capable of functioning as either a defensive/control oriented frame, or an offensive/damage oriented one. I will leave design notes in the spoiler.

As a side-note: I feel like the concept of a frame that's stitched together from other frames is going to be very difficult to implement, as I see only three possible outcomes: 

1: It steals the parts of other frames, in which case you'd be either yanking away parts from other players, or if you are just replicating them, it breaks immersion a bit.

2: It is an inherently disjointed kit where none of the abilities function well together, to indicate it is a mishmash, but that is not stable from a gameplay design perspective.

3: It is a mishmash of visual representations of abilities, but a cohesive kit, in which case it feels like the theme amounts to little more than visual clutter.

I therefor opted to ignore that part and go for a frame that is unstable and inconsistent in a way that players fully control.

-----

• Passive: Brittle

Obsidian's body is comprised of five parts: Two arms, two legs, and a torso. For every part that is intact, Obsidian gains 5% additional armour.

Spoiler

The goal of the additional armour value is to further differentiate between offense and defense. This also adds risk to the former, and stability to the latter, while simultaneously introducing a decision to be made: How much are you willing to sacrifice for that damage output?

The way to break a body part is probably the most complex aspect of the kit, and the one part I feel the least comfortable with. I'm hoping it will just be relegated to a background effect where every 'x' uses, it just shatters, although I did add a special way to break things in Grinding Halt to give players a faster way to break the legs that will likely be more opt-in for most players.

• First ability: Reconstitute

Obsidian can reform their broken body parts. Tap to select between arm, leg and torso, and hold to reform it, regaining health and repairing that part.

Spoiler

This is intended to give the player control over the integrity of Obsidian's body. By reconstituting individual parts, they can customise their ability set and playstyle on the fly. This is moved to the first ability because the rest of the kit doesn't function without it, and because the energy cost has to be kept modest to not act as too much of an obstruction.

• Second ability: Whipstrike

Obsidian lashes out with stretched arms, swinging them in two wide cones. Enemies hit by intact arms suffer a stagger and impact damage, while enemies hit by broken arms take void damage. If both arms are intact, enemies in front of Obsidian, where the cones overlap, are knocked down instead. If both arms are broken, an explosion of void energy occurs in front of them.

The arms take damage on use, and on hitting enemies. The arms have 25 'hit points', losing 5 on ability use, and one per enemy hit. Upon depleting these, they break.

Spoiler

This is a simple control ability meant to keep enemies dazed for a moment to create some breathing space. A wide enough cone should produce enough CC to give value, resembling a discount version of the map-wide CC offered by frames like Slowva and Vauban. On the flipside, the broken arms are intended to be moderate to high damage, while the explosion from both arms being broken is intended to be the big kicker. This is meant to truly devastate enemies, but requires the player to aim directly at the target, and to have both arms in a broken state. I feel that this is sufficient drawback to allow this to scale to the extent of something like Vauban's Photon Strike.

• Third ability: Grinding Halt

Obsidian performs a slide in the targeted direction. For every intact leg, they will leave behind a dustcloud that stuns enemies that enter it, while reducing damage of enemy weapons fired through it. For every broken leg, they'll leave behind a curtain of dense void energy, adding void damage to ally weapons fired through it. If both legs are broken, the grinding opens up a spatial rift that draws nearby enemies in, dealing crushing impact damage.

The legs take damage on use and on hard landing. They have 25 hit points, losing 5 on ability use, and 15 on hard landing. Upon depleting these, they break.

Spoiler

A truly defensive ability, this is meant to create a soft cover that gives Obsidian and allies high resistance to attacks from a specific direction. This won't be as hard a counter as Volt's shield, but can be stretched to cover a wider line. When broken, this also amplifies ally damage in a non-intrusive way, allowing the frame to become an interesting pick for the damage boosting role in high level content, such as lengthy Condrix runs or Eidolon fights. 

• Fourth ability: Fragment

Obsidian sacrifices their structural integrity. Breaking their torso, they scatter the pieces around themselves. These pieces can be picked up by Obsidian or allies, granting a temporary armour boost and a small amount of shields. If the torso is broken, they will instead suffer a transference overload, creating void rifts of strength, range or duration. Allies or Obsidian can crouch in these rifts to pick up a temporary boost to that ability stat.

Spoiler

This took the longest to come up with, as it's difficult to really give personality to a torso-related ability. Starting with the broken state version of this ability, while it would make sense to have some sort of void radiation, this would not only fail to differentiate well enough from Equinox' maim, but it would also re-invite the old 'set it and forget it' problem, which I definitely wanted to avoid. I instead opted for a sort of void leak that amps the area for high damage potentials, turning it into an offensive support style. Bluntly forcing the stats on other warframes is out of the question however, as there are some builds that are dependent on having certain stats be lower than normal, such as mini-Limbo and Slowva. The ability then morphed into a Tribute-like form, where Obsidian offers the bonuses, but it's up to players to capitalise on them. 

This, in turn, informed the solid format, as I attempted to keep the abilities similar in function, to keep the kit concise. The armour distribution seemed like a logical step, deriving slightly off of Atlas' passive, while the shield bonus was added to give Fragment a function for Obsidian themselves. After all, if you reduce your armour to give yourself an armour buff, that's going to feel kind of bad. Conversely, granting shields gives these little motes a lot of value due to the way shield gating works now, which could produce a fun gameplay style. 

Archived