Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Ability Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Emanating void energy, with the ability to manipulate states of matter through the use of discrete time crystals (DTC). Discrete time crystals are the initial source of your abilities, further amplified through energy oscillations in space-time.  Able to teleport to and from crystals placed in the environment, as well as alter their initial states during their phasing, doing so determines the energy type of the crystal(s), allowing unique synergies, interactions, and results when used in combination with their abilities. The use of void energy, although difficult and limited, opens a temporal breach in the continuum, allowing your Umbral half to bridge the solar rails, temporarily crossing the void and wreaking havoc upon the opposition.

Passive: Increased Tau Resistance, Increased damage to Sentients.

1. Lucent Projection -  Tear the fabric of space and assemble a discrete time crystal at aim location.

• State of Matter (i.e. damage element/energy type) based on cast length.
  • 1/2/3/4/5 Time Crystals can be summoned.  Scales with ability strength and duration.
  • Instant (1), or hold 2-5 seconds to structure DTC into alternate states. Max 5. Scales with ability strength and duration.

2. Fracturing Oscillation - Transmit oscillating resonances to a time crystal triggering reactions relative to the state of the crystal and the oscillation used.

• Cycle wheel with 3 unique swap mechanics.
  • Refraction, Temporal Delay, Assimilation 
  • Refraction - Draw on the energy of a crystal to create an area shield that reflects damage type(s) of your other DTC's deployed.
  • Temporal Delay - Cross through the void swapping locations with a DTC, emerging from the void wreaks havoc on the targeted crystal.  Depending on it's state of matter/energy, different results occur at your previous location.  (i.e. slowed, hasted, knockback&disarm, lifted, s5 causes a second Temporal Delay allowing an ally to quickly escape, or an enemy to be exposed to the bitter damage of your Umbral before re-stabilizing the s5 crystal)
  • Assimilation - Destabilize DTC(s) to aid your allies in battle.  Combining crystal states yield different results.  DTC(s) used are consumed by Assimilation.  (i.e. s1=heal closest ally, s1+s2= aoe heal, s2+s3+s4= overshields, s5= reduced sentient damage)
  •   <Augment ph>

3. Defragmentation - Converge all time crystals to aim location.  States of combined crystals determine effect and/or damage type. (i.e. s1+s1+s1+s1 stops enemies in thier tracks, time-freezing them,  s2+s2+s2 yields electric damage arcing across enemies proportionate to the number of crystals defragged, s3+s3 causes a radiant implosion proccing heat status, s4 fragments the crystal into a void state causing it to grow like a web on nearby enemies inflicting toxin damage).  Can manifest void damage with most complex combination. (i.e. s1+s2+s3+s4+s5 yields void dmg + status effect)

4. Unbroken Symmetry - Collapse all Crystals to create an asymmetrical equilibrium field summoning <Exalted Weapon> .

• <Exalted Weapon>  - (3 different weapons can be summoned, one per type: primary, secondary, melee) state of matter is unique to number of DTCs in play.
  • <Spear of Solyx> (primary) - Ripped through the void, powered by the rails, you assemble from your frame the Tau Shotgun rumored among Orokin as legend, the Sentient Destroyer.
  • <Tensor Spires> (secondary) - Burst void crystals from your gauntlet with rapid precision, which upon impact shard into your target and spread damage as they crystalize.
  • Arc of Unum (melee) - Void tendrils extend from your arm forming the mighty sentient Scythehammer of the Old War.  Void energy crackles across it's head like a blade of ether.

This is supposed to be a weird amalgam of other warframes, correct? Well... how about something akin to amalgamized versions of existing abilities? Here's what I think:

Passive:

Depending on the Broken Warframe's chosen energy color(s), they have a certain element. (This works similarly to Chroma. However, if you were to select two colors, they would combine. Ex., choosing blue and red to create radiation element, or white and green to create viral). Weapons that share the element of the Warframe gain an additive +27% Status chance, with effects lasting 23% longer, as well as a 33% damage bonus , and the warframe will gain +43% increased overshields for each weapon that matches the Warframe's status (up to 172%). As the Broken Warframe's health decreases, the strength of this passive increases by up to 4x.

Focusing more than one ability puts strain on both the warframe and the void itself. When two or more channeling abilities are used at once, their health and energy drain is multiplied by two.

This is meant to be a passive that, obviously, combines the effects of multiple warframes (See if you can figure out which abilities were based of which frame(s)!). If you're wondering why the numbers are so... weird. It's because this is a Broken Warframe. Obviously values are going to be off. This trend will be seen throughout it's abilities. 

1st Ability: Corrupting Strike

Cost: 27 Energy

The Broken Warframe launches toward a target, gutting them with void energy and dealing 113/205/303/367 Void damage, affecting them with the status your Warframe and stealing enemy life equal to 9% / 13% / 18% / 24% of the damage dealt by both the initial strike and any status effect that causes DoT. This ability can combo to up to 3 enemies. If the enemy survives, void energy courses through them, maddening them and turning them to your side. Upon death (from either the first hit of the ability or when they die after already being maddened), they rise again as shadows of the void with a 9%/18%/43%/79% damage bonus. Up to 1/2/3/4 of either Maddened enemies or Void Shadows can exist at a time. Turned enemies have a 33% Status chance and share status effect with your Warframe.

This ability is kind of all over the place, as it should be. It's a combination of a lot of different abilities, but without certain traits that make them what they are as a whole. You've got a bit of everything with this ability, and I hope I didn't make it too good. Obviously, if you have any suggestions, let me know!

2nd Ability: Void Lash

Cost: 27 Energy on Initial Cast

Cycles Between 3 different modes:

Allied Lash:

Latches onto one ally granting the same passive bonus as the Broken Warframe with 23/54/77/99% effectiveness, including the status the Broken Warframe has chosen. In return, the Broken Warframe receives a 7% / 13% / 19% / 24% damage bonus. Only 1 ally can be affected at a time. Can be used on Void Shadows with 1.5x effectiveness. Costs 1.83 energy per second and 1.47 health per second.

Void Burst:

Unleashes a burst of Void energy, briefly stunning enemies within 13/19/27/33m and slowing them by 7% / 18% / 23% / 27% for 7/13/18/24s. 

Void Net: 

Tendrils of the void seek out allies within 9/13/19/24m, giving them the same passive as the Broken Warframe with 11% / 26% / 38% / 49% effectiveness at the cost of 1.23 energy per second and 0.87 health per second for each ally affected. While this ability is in effect, the broken warframe receives a 7% / 13% / 19% / 24% damage bonus for each ally affected. Can only affect other warframes and cannot be active at the same time as Allied Lash

This one's meant to combine the selectivity than many a-warframe has with some of their abilities with some neat, albeit through some odd methods. Like with other abilities, there's something from quite a few warframes in this ability. 

3rd Ability: Void Sanctum

Cost: 53 Energy and Health on Cast, and 6 energy and health per second

The Broken Warframe channels void energy around it, giving it a layer of protection, as well as allowing it to leach life from enemies through the void. This decreases all incoming damage by 23% / 37% / 49% / 56%. In addition to this, all melee attacks have 1% Life steal

Like with the other abilities, this is something that was strewn together. It's meant to be kind of a stronger version of BW's 1. Albeit with a pretty high cost. Said cost, along with BW's passive strongly discourages having this up with other abilities. 

4th Ability: Exalted Weapon: The Void's Wrath

Cost: 53 Energy on Initial Cast, 5 Energy Per Second and 2 health per second

The Broken Warframe calls upon the Void's Wrath, a weapon that reflects it's master's state as an amalgam of blade and barrel, haphazardly kept together by the power of the void itself. The weapon itself is strange, a single claw with two barrels, and four blades, two of which look like Excalibur's exalted blade, while the other two look like the ends of Wukong's staff. When the heavy attack button is pressed, the blades retract and the weapon switches to ranged mode. While in this mode, energy resembling the exalted bow's string forms near the base of the gauntlet. This mode is a burst-fire bow that shoots void arrows. 

Melee Damage - 237 (Majority Slash)

Ranged damage - 131 (Majority Puncture)

For this weapon I tried to kind of put a new spin on gunblades, where you switch between gun and blade playstyles. In reality it's probably the same dynamic as Titania's exalted weapons except it's one that switches between two modes. I do want this to be a bit strong, but to also be costly because... well, I mean it's like 6 different weapons held together by the void, so of course it'll take quite a bit to maintain. However, it's currently too late at night for me to think about exactly every single stat that the weapon should have. Having this, BW's 2 and 3 all running at the same time without efficiency would cost nearly 30 energy per second and 20 health per second! 

Final Thoughts

Overall, I hope I did a good job in trying to capture what (at least I think) this warframe should be. The frame itself might be overpowered or underpowered (I honestly don't know), and I am really hoping to get some feedback. Lemme know what you think! 

As for concept, I went for one that had ties to the void kind of keeping the frame together. Obviously, using the void's energy to power abilities would put some strain on health, but this also increases the strength of the void overall. It's also why making the void channel to multiple different things at once would be immensely straining, allowing for players to have a kind of "Blaze of Glory" type strategy where they use all of their energy and health to boost all of their teammates and get stronger as they get closer to death. Sort of like a dying star, which I think is a pretty neat concept. As an example, the final damage boost on say their exhalted weapon would be 224%, A.K.A a lot of damage. 

In the end, I feel this is a pretty good idea, and can only get better as more of us pool into it (it would be pretty fitting. an amalgamation of ideas for an amalgamation of warframes). Make sure to comment any suggestions you might have! Thanks!

Passive: gains 30% more health/shields when doing missions on lua

Ability 1 power pull: sucks the life of enemies surrounding you gaining more shields

Ability 2 detach: detaches parts of the warframe and sticks them onto enemies slowly damaging them for 15 seconds 

Ability 3 howling rage: howls and paralyzes enemies for 10 seconds 

Ability 4 focus shot: focuses  itself on enemies and shoots himself across the room causing havoc

This is a daring idea, as i initially came up with it for the purpose of how the Prime version of the Broken warframe could be done.

Essentially it would operate in a similar way to Equinox's Day/Night form except it would be more complicated as it is 3 Warframes in 1, unlike the hypothetical Prime version where all three would have separate, complete bodies (but connected by a void energy link).

In the regular version, when you switch from the composite form to one of the fragments, the warframe would take on a more fragmented appearance and the energy surrounding it becomes more visible, mimicking the missing parts of the warframe type. More importantly, the base stats of the Warframe would alter based on the type, making switching be a more tactical decision rather than to have access to a specific ability.

(NOTE: I don't know if it would be possible, but it would be cool if each of the fragments had their own modslot in order to really take advantage of min/maxing mods, though to be fair using forma or a potato on the composite would affect the modslots of all fragments) 

COMPOSITE FORM ABILITIES-

1. Form alternate- Like Equinox, upon activation the frame switches from its composite form (the one pictured) to a more fragmented look. Depending on how many times pressed, you would cycle from the White Tank Warframe fragment, the Red Technician Warframe fragment, the Blue  and then back to the composite form.

Depending on which fragment being used, all your four abilities will change accordingly. The White fragment would operate like a Tank focusing purely on defense, the Red fragment would have abilities geared solely towards offense and the Blue fragment would focus on giving team buffs. 

Assuming you did not use your 1st ability, your 2nd, 3rd and 4th abilities would be as follows: 

2. Retaliation- The composite form uses a weaker variant of Albulator's Call to Arms (1). However if held, tendrils of energy will lash out to strike enemies (costing 5 energy per enemy struck) dealing only 100 damage, but guaranteed Slash procs.

3. Cavalry- A weaker version of Ruin's Vengeance cannon- A chargeable void energy beam blast (Similar to Wisp) that has three firing modes: Drain, Bombardment or Devastation

Drain: Functions akin to Wisp's Sol Gate and activates by pressing 3.

4. Fight as one- Costing 100 energy and lasting 30 seconds, the broken Warframe separates into its individual parts, temporarily restored through Void energy, and using their Ultimates.

As for the various fragments, here are their movesets and stats:

WHITE FRAGMENT (Albulator- Tank)

Passive: Blocking attacks for 10 seconds uninterrupted awards 50 Energy back to the frame.

1. Call to arms- The ability sends out a pulse of energy that deals minimal damage (50- 400 depending on power mods) but more importantly gives the frame a base armor increase of 50 on activation. The reason it is so low is because the flat armor bonus is affected by a multiplier depending on how many living enemies are in the 15m range of the pulse that lasts 5s. Maths is not my strongest suit, but i guess the formula would look like this:

50 (base armor) x 1.25 (base multiplier) x (number of enemies)   

Once you get the frame to rank 30, the base armor increase goes from to 100, the base multiplier increases to 2.5, and the base range increase to 30m. While unaffected by duration, the damage of the pulse is affected by Strength mods and the range of the pulse is affected by Range mods.

2.  Barricade- Costing 20 energy per affected enemy, it turns an enemy into a living shield binded by void energy, preventing them from moving (as long as Albulator has energy to spare) and draining 5 points of energy/10s afterwards. Albulator can pick up and place binded enemies similarly to Volt's shield.

3. Sunder- At the cost of 75 for the first force field Albulator can create an elemental force field that does 200 damage to enemies on contact + guaranteed elemental damage based on the frame's energy colour. Similarly to Gara, the shield will expand in size the longer 3 is held, using up 5 points of energy every 4 seconds. This allows for multiple fields to be made and overlap, each having a fixed amount of health, however what makes this unique is that if used in parallel with the Alt-fire, it loses the elemental damage in favour of halving energy costs for any team member inside the protected area, lasting as long as the field is not destroyed but raising the cost of making a force field to 90. 

4. Final Guardian- At the cost rapidly depleting the frames health by 50%, and its energy to zero, the frame gains a static 60k armor bonus, grows up to double or triple in size depending on the amount of energy in the pool (or the level limitations) and releases a 100m energy wave that deals no damage to enemies but aggro's any enemy it hits or that walks into its range to focus on attacking only Albulator. In addition, for every 10s in this state, the frame is health is replenished by 10.

However, activating this ability (assuming no Speed mods are added) roots the frame in whatever spot it is cast and makes it unable to shoot or use any of its other abilities until the static armour bonus is depleted. Secondly, speed mods only affect it by a numbered percentage regardless of rank, so 1 speed mod= +10% movement speed meaning even with three speed mods, the frames speed will be 70% slower than normal.

Additionally, the ability also has a 10% risk of backfiring, where its range gets reduced to to 20m and while it will still attract enemies, they will only attack other team members on top of receiving a percentage of the Albulator fragment's armor bonus that increases for every enemy in range armor bonus with the number of enemies   

Stats:

Health- 150 (600 at lvl 30)

Armor- 300 (700 at lvl 30)

Shields- 100 (400 at lvl 30)

Energy- 200 (800 at lvl 30)

RED FRAGMENT (Ruin- Damage dealer)

Passive: If under 50% health, damage of weapons and abilities is boosted by 100% and if under 30% it is boosted by 300%.  

1. Reaper rush-  Costing 30 energy to activate, for 10 seconds every enemy killed buffs the fire rate/speed and magazine of whatever weapon Ruin is using (ranged or melee) with a permanent buff for the duration of the mission by 5% with headshots granting 10%. It can be activated 3 times to stack the buff, but gets cancelled if his 2, 3 or 4 is activated. 

2. Soul stealer- Costing 60 energy, depending on whichever weapon Ruin is using, it gains a 50% life-steal effect at the cost of doing 100% less damage. Alternatively if the 2 is held for 5 seconds, it gives 200% buff to reload speed in exchange for debuffing movement speed by 50%.

At max rank, the normal effect has 100% life steal effect at the cost of doing 200% less damge, but with a 25% buff to fire rate/attack speed.

3. Vengeance cannon- A chargeable void energy beam blast (Similar to Wisp) that has three firing modes: Drain, Bombardment or Primer

Drain: Functions akin to Wisp's Sol Gate, but is charged and activates by pressing 3 for 6 seconds.

Bombardment: Upon tapping 3 twice, Ruin marks a 5m zone wherever the pointer is facing at the cost of 40 energy for a duration of 1 minute. Any enemy that steps into this zone is hit with 300 points of blast damage and blasted until they either leave the area or die. Upon unlocking this ability Ruin can summon two of these zones, up to a maximum of 10 however the energy cost.

Primer:

By tapping 3 after pressing, or holding it for 5 seconds after tapping twice, Ruin can buff the damage of the Drain and Bombardment at the cost of 75 or reducing his shields in half if he has no energy.

4. Devastation- Costing 125 energy and draining at a rate of 1 every 3 seconds, Ruin can summon his Exalted weapons at the cost of cutting his form duration in half. Ruin grows an extra set of arms in order to wield his Exalted weapons dual wielded Opticors and automatically uses the equipped melee weapon if an enemy gets into melee range. 

For every shot that hits a target, Ruin is granted 5 seconds of stackable invulnerability but every missed shot decreases this by 2 seconds or takes 15 health if the invulerability is inactive.

Stats:

Health- 100 (400 at lvl 30)

Armor-125 (300 at lvl 30)

Shields- 200  (600 at lvl 30)

Energy: 100 (300 at lvl 30)

Blue Fragment (Etherea)

Passive: The duration and range of a teammates healing abilities are doubled when within 10m of the broken frame in this fragment form

1. Fickle Fortune- Provides one of the four following random boosts to allies in range: 200 health, 300 shields, 100 armor or 25% movement speed for 15 seconds, at the cost of 25 energy.

It can be cast up to 10 times in order to stack the effect, but the catch is with every recast before the timer ends there is a 10% increase in the frame and allies in range to also gain a debuff to one or more of the randomized stats- so at ten stacks, you could have a teammate with 3000 shields or 1000 armor but -2000 health or -100% movement speed. 

It can be buffed with range, duration and strength mods.

2. Energy overload- For 10 seconds, the fragment absorbs all incoming damage, becomes invulnerable for 2 seconds and then redirects the damage to team mates in the form of energy and a buff to her health and shields of 200% each. However if any leftover damage amount remains, 50% of the remaining total damages Etherea and the rest is divided between team mates. Switching forms does not nullify the adverse effect and if playing solo, the frame receives all the leftover damage. 

3. Sacrifice- At the cost of 60 energy, the frame sacrifices 80% health or 40% health and 40% shields if tapped twice in exchange of 90 Damage Reduction. If cast on a team mate, there is only a 12 energy cost per team mate granting a 20% increase to damage Reduction. the effect lasts 20 seconds.

It is affected by Strength mods only

4. Salvation- At the cost of 150 energy, it grants one free revive to all teammates up to a maximum of three times, and at lvl 20, it gains a second effect buffing health by 100% or 5 minutes but prevents the use of any abilities for 5 minutes. In addition, if used more than three times, the ability loses its revive effect and replaces it with energy tendrils that seek out team mates to heal them for 500 health but the bonus decreases the farther away a team mate is. 

Stats-

Health; 100 (500 at lvl 30)

Armor: 125 (350 at lvl 30)

Shields: 400 (1'500 at lvl 30)

Lorewise, i imagined something like this:

During the early stages of the war, the Orokin had designed a number of frames around a theme, and the Broken warframe was no different originally being three separate Warframes. While they performed excellently when deployed as a unit, the Orokin wanted to push their limits and thus set the Myrmidon upon them individually. Unlike Ivara, they ultimately failed but each avoided complete destruction by wounding the Myrmidon in some way, forcing it to retreat and heal- it was because of this they ended up being reduced to fragments rather than completely erased.

Despite their unsatisfactory performance, the Council of Seven who had monitored their battles, saw promise in their synergy and began working on restoring them but with a focus on taking the best elements of each and combining them, but the project was hampered by Transference incompatibility and by the time a workaround was implemented, the project was halted by the Sentient's increasing invasion.

The actions of the Tenno against the Orokin resulted in the project never being completed, and knowledge of the facilities containing the parts  into obscurity... until now.

Frame name : Aeon

Theme : Time

Passive: Stolen time , stacking resource used to fuel other abilities, chance to rewind time (restore energy / shield / health lost in last 5 sec on proc scaling low percentage)

Ability 1 : Temporal  siphon , ranged homing missile with small / med aoe on impact. Deals tau damage over time and fills stolen time buff on death of infected enemy

Ability 2 : Phase run : movement ability makes frame invisible and buffs speed for a small duration. On passing through enemies places temporal siphon effect in small / med aoe centred on enemy also does aoe on exiting phase run

Ability 3 : Flux capacitor, channelled ability that slowly drains stolen time buff increasing health / energy and shield regen rates for party nearby friendlies 

Ability 4 : Paradox, creates a clone with a duration based on current stolen time buff (does not consume), acts as an autonomous follower til duration expires, can have multiple at any given time , cannot be harmed or healed. Uses skills 1-3 autonomously. If frame dies whilst a paradox clone is alive, a paradox clone dies in place of the frame and the frame becomes immune for a small duration. 

Game play with the frame would primarily be about trying to sustain as many stacks of stolen time while keeping as many clones as possible to ensure longevity. keeping the stolen time buff high whilst in static missions like defence or mobile defence to provide a significant toughness boost to the party. In more mobile missions using phase run to build stacks and dropping clones to stay and clean up what the debuff doesn't finish.

Passive - when you go down your body parts fly to random spots if you can get them fast enough you get up but can only be done 3 times its a lot but could be fun

or your energy regenerates faster and ability's cost less to cast

I would like for this frame to use its body and the void energy, a magic/energy type frame, this frame could have a new system called parts but this would have to be a easy to obtain because most of his ability's would use this if it came down to it i would prefer this not to be a thing because this frame would mostly use energy so i add it for balance  

Ability 1.) the frame will have 4 or more weapons its arms with will allow the frame to switch between the 4 weapons

> GUNS - both hands would turn into blasters *please don't make the stance look like the staticor lol i know its random but that's why i don't use the weapon* 

> WHIP - will use the void energy as a whip

> SHIELD - you can use this to block damage 

> DRAIN - you can latch onto a enemy and drain health from them

- or it could have two modes first would be a tank/support allowing  the frame to use one of the ability's at the top  same with the second form

Ability 2.) this will allow the fame to buff his 1 the it can do this 1 of two ways 1.) it will use its other arm as a boost for parts this would make it stronger but slower and cost more energy

Ability 2.) it could stick both arms into the ground gathering "parts" to  make its self stronger but at the cost of  more energy and speed but you get more health

- or it could have use the void energy and sent out a bunch of tentacles to stab enemy's to use there body as a energy pool or as a health pool for your team if you get far from them they will snap

Ability 3.)since the first 2 ability's are crazy lol i had some trouble with this, this ability would allow the frame to use one or both arms as heat seeking blades that can be sent out at a enemy your looking at 

- or this can be a move to help out your team you can send out a wave that will give you team some of your energy or you can suck energy from enemy's around you or both

Ability 4.) *this will not cost energy* in this form his body will brake into a tone of parts floating around this void ball that would be his source of energy. This form very weak but also strong, it will allow the frame to use 3 types of moves, 1.) spears would have X amount of the spears spin around the ball. you can use them as a weapon but it would be single target slow but stronger, 2.) would be the same but much smaller it would be faster and it can hit more targets but weaker than the spears, 3.) would allow the frame to give its energy to its team this will send out tentacles to stick to its team and give them energy but that's all you can do.

i have a lot of stuff to pick from and it might be a little complicated, if i had to pick i would choose

-Passive energy regeneration

- Pick 4 or more weapons

-  Stick the arms in the ground

- Send/receive energy wave

- And 4 with all the ability's

So here’s mine idk on how well this would be received but, you could use any Warframe part. Depending on what frame parts you used it would change what ability you would get in that slot. So say you had X frame neuroptics it would give X frames first ability, using X chassis giving it the second and systems giving it the third. Obviously this would have to come with restrictions like not using frames like equinox.

health and energy could be averaged out along with energy.

BROKEN WARFRAME ABILITIES  

1st Ability ( Channel )

BW shoots out void tendrils that link to allies within range channeling void energy into them giving them boost to Speed and Attack damage.

When affected by this ability possible to reintroduce the channeling effects that were removed in the past and use them to make the WF affected by this to have the channeling appearance and effect sounds of channeled melee.

2nd Ability ( Assimilate )

Void tendrils reach out to fallen enemies and amalgamate the remnants/parts into BW’s 3 versions which are described in his 4th ability albeit they look broken/scrappy cause they have been made form enemies parts etc

Act in they way of a spectre with the unique power from each version.

3rd Ability ( Fortify )

BW disassembles and projects himself on to an ally enveloping and attaching himself as void exoskeleton armor to that ally for a period of time.

BW has a 360 degree view on the current ally and has two arms extending/floating from the ally in the form of void energy which he can use to hold secondary weapons to assist the ally.

This Ability buffs shields an armor which are the values carried over from BW   

After ability time ends or host health depletes/dies BW reverts to his form with half health/shields.

4th Ability ( Triframe )

BW can switch between 3 loadouts preset in the arsenal

Each loadout is different in appearance and powers.

Eg.

Berserker     Melee orientated

Soldier         Gun Orientated

Alchemist     Energy/magic orientated

Passive

In the Void/Lua the fallen Warframes from the old war appear as void ghost that follow/trail/float behind him and strengthen his void powers/energy or other buff..

A retribution meter is used and is filled by killing lots of enemies.

Number of ghosts cap out at 8

The rate of decay or time active is TBD

Disclaimer

I have not yet read through the pages of this thread so naturally some things could or may be similar to other ideas therein.

like parts from the foundry if so that's unique but how would that work because frame parts take 12h to craft and that's not something i'm down for, now if you mean like atlas then that would be fine but i would like it to be common since its ability's would require them

Since this warframe is figuratively and literally broken, I thought of skills and passives that make up for its "low base stats."

Passive:
Killing enemies that are corrupted by [Warframe] absorbs their strength that last the entire mission. Each stack increases base Health, Armor and Shields. Ability Strength is also increased but only in Juggernaut form. 

Ability 1: Void Rend
Ability type: Skillshot
[Warframe]'s hand grows and rends the enemies in front of him/her. Enemies hit are then corrupted and corrupted enemies receive more damage. 

Ability 2: Unbound
Ability Type: Buff
[Warframe] release the bonds that hold itself together and take on an ethereal form of pure energy where none can harm it. With the strong emanation of void energy, any enemy that gets too close gets corrupted and briefly staggered. All damage sources, including Primary, Secondary and Melee weapons, can corrupt enemies during the duration of this skill.

Ability 3: Collapse
Ability Type: AoE
Open a portal to the void and collect its energy before sending it out in every direction. Enemies hit will be corrupted and corrupted enemies will get their shield removed and armors shred. 

Ability 4: Juggernaut
Ability Type: Toggle
Increase both in size and in strength. You're an unstoppable force with higher Health and Armor. [Warframe] is also immune to crowd control in this form. Each step causes a shock wave that knocks down enemies and deals impact damage. Base movement is slowed but gain "Momentum" that increases movement speed but resets when [Warframe] stops moving or changes direction by more than 90°. [Warframe] is unable to use Primary and Secondary weapons and its other abilities in this state. Melee is then replaced with Void Rend (no energy use). Using a strong attack would create a stronger version of Collapse with increased damage, range and energy cost. This version of Collapse strips enemies of shields and armor regardless of whether they were corrupted or not. 

As a side note, I haven't viewed all 157 pages of ideas. There could be similarities in this. Don't punch me, ok? 

Passive - When it use an ability, it will increase it's own ability strength up to 75%.

1st ability: Shoot out some void energy dealing damage and chaining up to 10 enemies while leaving them with a void mark. Killing an enemy with the void mark will give you void charge to fill up your Void Battery.

2nd ability: Cycle trough 3 different ability

Ability A- Consumes some points from your Void Battery to increase you and your allies Ability strength.

Ability B- Consumes some points from your Void Battery to increase you and your allies weapon damage and speed/fire rate.

Ability C- Consumes some points from your Void Battery to give you and your weapons lifesteal.

3rd ability: When casting this ability, gather the material around you to increase your armor. Recast this ability again to discharge all of the material you have been collecting. The armor will decay slowly after the discharge. The damage scales by the amount of resources you collected while this ability is active.

4th ability: Deplete your Void Battery over time and pull out your exalted weapon the Gandr Spear. It deals AOE damage and can be thrown to a surface that will impale every enemies in 10 meter radius. Throwing the spear will decrease your passive strength by 20%.

On 2020-04-17 at 8:02 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Community-Created-Warframe-Header-alt-blue.jpg

We’re calling upon the Warframe community to create the next Warframe! You can stay up-to-date on the design phases in the official Community-Designed Warframe thread.

Community artist, Eornheit has created the official Warframe concept art based on the Broken Warframe submitted by eaterofstorms!

We need four Abilities and a Passive to complete the community-designed Warframe. Share your ideas with us! The Warframe team will be using your ideas in-game.

Official Concept Art by Eornheit:

Broken_Warframe_Concept (1).png

The Dev Team has expounded eaterofstorms’s Broken Warframe theme. Use this description to inspire your Ability ideas!

Assembled from the remnants of Warframes destroyed during the Old War and held together by Void energy. 

How to submit:

In this thread, share a description of 1-4 Warframe Abilities and a Passive. Base your ideas on the Broken Warframe theme and Eornheit’s concept art!

You may include values with your Ability ideas, but please keep in mind that these values might be changed by the Dev Team later in the design phase.

Guidelines:

• One submission per player. Be sure to include all of your Ability ideas in one post!
  • 1-4 Ability ideas and 1 Passive idea per player.
  • Ability ideas can’t be changed after they are submitted. You may edit your post to make small changes like fixing typos. "Reason for edit" will be reviewed.
  • If there are duplicate submissions, only the one that was first posted will be considered - we’ll be watching!
  • Ability ideas must be original. Your submission can be from a post you made elsewhere as long as it’s your own!
  • Abilities might be slightly altered by the Dev Team as needed to ensure consistency with Warframe’s overall design. 
  • Do not reserve spots in this thread.
  • Only post submissions in this thread.
  • Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered. 
  • Chosen Ability ideas become property of Digital Extremes.

We understand that we can’t avoid duplicate submissions, so please do your best to submit ideas that have yet to be presented, and we’ll do our best when sorting through to ensure there is a fair opportunity for all!

Selecting the Final Abilities:

Call for submissions will close on Thursday, April 30 at 1:00pm ET.

The Warframe Team will review all submissions to select the community-created Warframe’s Abilities! We may mix and match submissions from multiple players. Please keep in mind that we might make small changes to Abilities to ensure the community-created Warframe is consistent with Warframe’s overall design.

Pasive:The void within operator recharges void energy immediately after enteryng the warframe

1.Memories: The warframe remembers the old war gets enraged and doubles damage on every weapon

2.Void grab:The warframe puts its hand on the ground an releases the void roots(im not shure what they are) and grabs enemies from underground

3.Void teleport:The warframe can open holes with the roots through wich he can something like the demogorgon's portals from stranger things

4.Into the void:You and your teammates enter the void you  cannot get dameged but you can damage your enemies

How about a 4th ability where brokenframe enters an exalted state where the frame is essentially "fixed", thus giving it incredible heightened senses and power? Maybe all his weapons have auto targetting and infinite ammo and his melee range and attack speed are buffed? 

DE Please do these from @Animus-Xenospectra I'm sacrificing my idea sub for a vote towards:

The abilities 3 & 4 and that Passive would be so epic 🤩 an the passive is kinda dark which is what WF needs more of again!!

3 hours ago, Animus-Xenospectra said:

3rd Ability ( Fortify )

BW disassembles and projects himself on to an ally enveloping and attaching himself as void exoskeleton armor to that ally for a period of time.

BW has a 360 degree view on the current ally and has two arms extending/floating from the ally in the form of void energy which he can use to hold secondary weapons to assist the ally.

This Ability buffs shields an armor which are the values carried over from BW   

After ability time ends or host health depletes/dies BW reverts to his form with half health/shields.

4th Ability ( Triframe )

BW can switch between 3 loadouts preset in the arsenal

Each loadout is different in appearance and powers.

Eg.

Berserker     Melee orientated

Soldier         Gun Orientated

Alchemist     Energy/magic orientated

Passive

In the Void/Lua the fallen Warframes from the old war appear as void ghost that follow/trail/float behind him and strengthen his void powers/energy or other buff..

A retribution meter is used and is filled by killing lots of enemies.

Number of ghosts cap out at 8

The rate of decay or time active is TBD

He has at his disposal an instrument that shows the percentage of fusion between the various pieces. Charge by 1.2% per second.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Passive
Compatibility search
Restores 0.8 energy per second and reduces the cost of skills by 10%
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
1) Ancient shields (20% Fusion)
Generates an energy armor on himself and allies, which can reduce damage received. When hitted by a melee attack, emits a glow that stuns the enemies around.

Cost 25
Damage reduction      X
Duration                      X
Stunning Duration       X
Range                         X
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
2) Elemental gravity(50% Fusion)
Hold to generate an increase in gravity around you that slows down the enemies, press once to hit all the enemies in range with a discharge of the chosen elemental damage.

Cost 50
Duration    X
Range       X 
Slow          X 

Cost 25                   
Damage     X (fire/ice/electricity)
Range        X 
Duration     X
3) Treacherous explosion (75% Fusion)
Create an explosion with a snap, which will fill the restricted area with toxic gases. Combine with Elemental gravity to fuse the elements!

Cost 75
Damage                      X (explosive)
Damage per second   X(Toxin)
Duration                      X

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
4) Maximum compatibility (100% Fusion)
Complete the merger to achieve maximum compatibility between the various pieces, generating an aura that  increases  statistics of whoever is invested in it,
at the cost of reduced health and efficiency. The Fusion counter will be reset once the effect has ended.

Cost 100
Duration       X
Range          X

Strength             +
Range                +
Duration             +
Sprint speed      +
Casting speed   +
Armor                +
Efficency            -
Health                -

My ideas are based off of thinking that the Warframe has adapted to being broken, ability 1 is supposed to be the only remaining ability it would've originally had, the rest are reliant on the voids power 

Passive: any kills using void energy from abilities or operator will increase drop rate stacking up to 30%, however a non void kill will break the chain and reset the bonus to 0%

Ability 1: sets up a health and energy siphon that turns kills directly into health and energy for you and your team.

Ability 2: using the power of the void the broken warframe can void dash leaving a  ripple of  void energy to damage enemies

Ability 3: the broken warframe throws a wall of void energy forward to damage and paralyze most enemies.

Ability 4: at a cost of health, the tentacles of the void lash out in all directions piercing through most enemies unfortunate enough to be near

Now I'm not to good at coding or stats for this game, that's why my ideas are so vague in a sense because I know you guys are the devs for a reason and you'll know what's best for balancing. Honestly I just think it's a fun idea to bring void damage outside of the operator and into this warframe

How about this one:

Passive: (Reset) - whenever hp falls under particular threshold, glitch takes place, (like that hidden message that sometimes occurs upon loading) and the warframe is revived (can occur once every x minutes).

Skill 1 (Override) - Void energy exits the Warframe, leaving a pile of WF parts on the ground and enters the body of an enemy (non-boss). While within the enemy,one can control it, use its abilities and perform actions without being recognized by the enemies as a foe. This one would drain energy over time.

Skill 2 (Crash/Severe) - Deals damage to enemies in front of the warframe and if the damage kills an enemy, he is simply disappearing (like being disconnected), leaving loot behind. Those that survive, are gaining a "lag" debuff (several short stuns over time).

Skill 3 (Lag) - Aura. For x seconds, the Warframe is surrounded by an aura x meters of diameter. Within this aura, enemies' bullets and physical hits have an x% chance of missing the target. Every missed hit, is collected and upon end of its duration, damage is released as an aoe, damaging the foes and giving them "lag" debuff, same as the Skill 2.

Skill 4 (GodMode) - For x seconds the warframe becomes immune to damage, while its damage output is drastically increased.

for Broken. id love to see some kind of toggle ability that acts like a jamming frequency to stop all weapons and stun all enemies that come into its range but the frame starts limping with slower movement speed and cant bullet jump and parts of him hang off during activation.

also a freakout when u use operator mode. like the warframe starts twitching.

passive: 10% chance that no ability will activate on selection. frame is broken all abilities should be too.

Passive: When the warframe takes health damage enemies close to the warframe take damage as parts and shards from the warframe fly off and hit them.

1 - Breakdown: On ability cast “breaks” the held weapon on target enemy (or maybe a small area around targeted enemy). When enemies try to use/fire a broken weapon the weapon explode, doing explosion damage in an area.

2 - Reboot: on ability cast creates a “save point” for a duration (maybe 10 sec?).

On ability end the warframe is teleported back to the “save point” with the exact health, shield, ammo, energy, etc. that it had when the ability was cast. If the warframe dies during this ability the ability does nothing.

3 - Continuity error: on ability cast create a glitched “clone” of yourself. The clone can´t move from the spot where the ability was cast but can use weapons.

On ability end the “clone” dashes/runs (possibly even moving the same path the warframe moved during the duration of the ability) to the warframe, doing damage to everything in the way.

4 – Spatial glitch: On ability cast all enemies in a moderate range become spatially locked. The ability has a short duration (maybe 3-5 sec). Affected enemies become spatially locked to the relative position and facing of the warframe (if the warframe moves or turns the affected enemies are moved as well so their relative position and facing to the warframe does not change (clipping through walls and terrain as needed).

On ability end all enemies that are inside terrain or obstructed are forced back into the map and take massive damage. Enemies that are not obstructed or inside terrain take no damage and resume as if nothing happened.

Couldn´t think of a suitable name for the passive sorry.

These abilities seem to be suited for close range fighting (either shotguns or melee weapons) and should probably prioritize health and armor. Use 1st ability to stop enemies from using guns. 2nd ability gives some survivability to the frame. 3rd ability for some damage. When using the 4th ability, you need to quickly move and turn yourself so that as many enemies as possible become obstructed by terrain.

I wanted to also include a multishot buff to weapons, but couldn’t fit it in with current abilities.

Passive: can see enemies thru walls OR can pass thru objects (avoid objects collision).

1st AbilIty: Warframe breaks apart and ataches itself to an enemy. Enemies near it get confused but do not attack unless attacked upon. You "glitch" back-and-forth to your Warframe when sliding, bullet jumping, or using melee. You also get the enemy armor, health or shields added to your own (could be capped).
[Similar to Nyx 1st, but this time you are in control. Also good for stealth because you can pass lasers and un-alert cameras]

2nd Ability: Turn off or increase gravity. Turn off makes enemies float, increase gravity makes enemies slow down by creating a black hole under them. If it is strong enough or enemies are weak, that makes them disapear into it. Can switch between the two to slam enemies to the ground.
[Mix between Titania lantern, Oberon 4th and Hydroid Puddle]

3th Ability: Shield that stops bullets. A 360º degree defensa that can "catch" bullets or rockets or get stronger when hit by lasers. Releasing shield makes Warframe literally explode and those parts/shots can then be directed to enemies OR focused into on single target.
Can sinergize with 1st and 2nd to dish damage onto floated or slowed/Black-Hole enemies.
[Mix between Limbo stop, Garuda's Mirror and Nyx 4th, but you can atill move]

4th Ability: Turns enemies into Noggles! Body size and enemy damage -50%, head size and headstot damage +50%.
[This is tottaly new and I would love to see it. lol]

Passive:Shattered but whole.Instead of being put into a downed state you lose 25% of your max hp,shields and armor.When this happens you will be returned to your 'new' max health cap and be invulnerable for 3 seconds.This will happen 3 times before actually being downed from the 4th time onwards.Once revived from the downed state or revived by the player upon death,this passive deactivates for the rest of the mission, returning you to 100% armor health and shields.(Can still be increased with intergrate)

Ability idea 1:Intergrate.Hold the ability button and you will draw in all corpses in a cone.Corpses will give you different buffs.Grineer:Gives you X amount of armor.Corpus:Gives you X amount of shields.Infested:Gives you X amount of health.Sentient:Gives you a smaller amount of the previous 3.Armor,shields and health are replenished if they're not at their current % cap.If they're at their current max % cap, the cap will be increased.All three of these caps will not be able to go beyond X% at any one time.(Max % cap would scale with power strength,amount of armor,shields and health gained would scale with strength as well)

Ability idea 2:Lacerate.Sharpen your void tendrils on a molecular level.When pressed you will let out a cone of micro void tendrils.This will do slash damage.Enemies affected will give a higher amount of the buff they would give when they're intergrated.(Damage scales with strength,radius of lacerate scales with range)

Ability idea 3:Void lock.Void tendrils seep into the minds of any enemy in range.Stunning them.While stunned by void lock,enemies can be intergrated even if they are alive.When intergrated via this method it will do damage to the enemy.(Damage scales with strength.Radius scales with range and stun duration scales with duration)

Ability idea 4:Conservation of energy.Unleash all the buffs you accumilated with intergrate to bombard enemies.The damage will be decided on what current amount of shields,health and armor you're at for each buff multiplied by X .Armor will proc corrosive and puncture.Shields will proc magnetic and impact.Health will proc gas and slash.When used you are invulnerable for X amount of seconds (scales with the amount released).When used, this ability will give X amount of movement speed(Damage multiplier scales with strength,radius scales with range, movement speed scales with strength and the duration of this movement speed scales with duration)

Passive

If this frame stands idle for more than 3 seconds, it roots itself. Energy is gained for each second the frame is rooted and the frame uproots itself when it moves, attacks, or gets attacked.

1: Download

When this ability is used, it's replaced with the last ability the nearest teammate used for one use. If no teammates are in the range, it switches to a random ability from any frame for one use. (Any ability involving an exalted weapon isn't included)

2: Fissure

When this ability is used, this frame and it's allies nearby gain a short reactant buff on whatever weapon they currently have equipped.

3: Energy Root

This ability roots nearby enemies. Allies that stand by the rooted enemies begin to gain energy. When a rooted enemy is killed, it stops giving energy.

4: Void's Gift

This frame uses all of it's energy, this ability grants a buff to it and allies. The buff increases ability damage, ability range, ability damage, and ability efficiency. The more energy this frame had prior to using this ability, the greater the buff.

I am thinking maybe a reverse type of Hildryn maybe, since they are unstable they need to use their life energy to cast abilities. (Pleas pardon my English since is not my first language. Also when i say Broken i am saying that as a placeholder name for them.)

Passive: Broken uses hp instead of energy to cast abilities. (mods like rage and hunter adrenaline would not work on Broken. He may have loads of base hp and moderate armor and only small amount of shields.)

Scramble parts: Chose a buff from Armour, Power Strength, or Life-steal and apply to friendlies within affinity range. The range would be unchangeble and power strength would influence the amount of armor/lifesteal/power strength, and ability duration would interact with duration of the buff. Only one Buff may be activated at any time, but they may be changed at any time. A a visual effect Broken would change appearance slightly, Putting on spikes for lifesteal, armor plates for armor and void energy flow for Power Strength.

Void pull: Pull all items withing range to Broken. If any of his Scramble Parts buffs are online, friendlies would get a buff for every item Broken picks up: Extra energy (1 per pickup at base) for Power Strength buff, Extra health (3 per pickup) for Lifesteal and Extra Melee Damage (1% per pickup) for Amour. Those buffs would last until Scramble parts Expire. Obviously this would work great with Nekros but would also act as a personal vacuum of sorts.

Radiant bolt: Broken creates a radiant spear-like bolt of energy in his hand. Holding ability button would drain his hp (since he casts on hp) to increase the damage on the bolts, similar to Garuda's 1. Releasing the bolt, it homes onto an enemy that is nearest to the point of aim, going trough walls and players. Upon hitting the enemy it would jump to the next one, and so on until it hits max enemies (base is lets say 3 and its influenced by Power Strength.) Each enemy hit would heal Broken and allies in range for lets say 100 hp (again influanced by Power Strenght). The main focus of this one is not as much to deal dmg its more to heal hinself an allies.

Void strip: Stomps on the ground, Causing enemies to be entangled in void tendrils rendering the immobile (similar to Harrows 1, only radial) and each enemy hit has a base 50% chance to drop a energy orb (affected by power str.) Entagled enemies have lowered armour and shield. Would work similar to Hildryns pillage only it would give energy.  

First of all: wasn't too enthusiastic about the winning idea being based off of basically a meme but man has it grown on me. And Eornheit's beautiful art does a fantastic job of realizing the concept and dispersed all the worries I had for it. (And of course I was slightly miffed for my idea not making it... for about 5 seconds before getting hyped for the next part and making it to 3rd was already a massive success to me)

Now for the abilities the idea I worked off of is "the ship of Theseus," seeing three distinct and very different warframes being used to make a single frame I see those three each trying to pull the frame to their own playstyle with the void roots keeping it all together. I'll try to keep the explanation free of flavour and lore since it'll get very wordy regardless.

Passive - After using any of it's first three abilities the frame gets a buff with a positive and negative values. The buff can fluctuate between 0% and 100% efficiency, rising when the frame performs relevant actions and diminishing otherwise, it starts at 50% and the buff ends if it reaches 0%. Casting a different ability (other than 4) will cause the buff to rapidly drop down to 0% and casting the same ability while at 100% efficiency will give the ability additional benefits. The positive and negative values and the relevant actions depend on the ability cast like so:
1: + Movement speed, - Armor, relevant actions are moving and parkour
2: + Gun damage, - Movement speed, relevant action is shooting and reloading guns
3: + Armor, - Attack speed, relevant action is staying near enemies

First - The frame dashes forward in a flash, passing through enemies, dealing minor damage, applying a slowing debuff and knocking them down. Casting while at full efficiency causes the frame to become invulnerable during the dash, increases the range of the damage and creates a shockwave at target location, damaging and blowing back all enemies

Second - The frame stops moving and fires a fast-moving energy projectile which deals moderate damage with a small explosion on impact adn applies a debuff to all enemies hit, increasing damage vulnerability. Holding the ability key/button causes the frame to remain in place and fire additional projectiles in a chain with lower energy cost and higher damage than the initial one. Casting while at full efficiency gives a minor increase to damage and a massive one to the explosion radius

Third - The frame creates four stationary barriers in a circle around it's current position. These barriers stop enemy movement and attacks, have their own health and can be destroyed independently from oneanother. Enemies attacking the barriers receive a debuff, lowering their damage output. The barriers remain indefinitely until destroyed or dispelled. The ability can create multiple instances of barriers up to a cap, after which subsecuent casts dispell the oldest barrier. Casting while at full efficiency will create eight barriers instead of four, fully covering a circular area

Fourth - The frame channels the white void roots. While active the roots rapidly strike at nearby enemies, dealing damage and healing the frame and all nearby allies. When the roots strike an emeny affected by one of the frame's other abilities it consumes the debuff and gives a corresponding buff to the frame and nearby allied frames; movement speed, damage and reduction to damage received respecitvely

thoughts behind some of the decisions:
- The whole base is from the design looking like having three distinct colour-coded frames; blue for mobility, white for ranged damage output and red for tankiness, the idea has been cooking for a while and reading through a few pages of entries seems unique enough to be worth presenting
- There's a clear loop for the positive-negative buffs with the frame's passive ability and to me it feels like it'd work more smoothly if it went the other way around. This is intentional for two reasons:
1) The loop feeling more unsynergistic plays into the theme of the different parts of the frame being at odds with eachother
2) The start point of the loop was decided from the foot of the white frame of all things, that and the overall tone of that frame gave more of a feeling of a mobile gun platform so sacrificing mobility instead of defence for firepower fit it tonally better
- The defencive red frame's passive was the hardest to figure out and the one I'm most displeased with. In the end the negative effect became attack speed decrease because none wants a reduction to the raw damage numbers and the relevant action was tied to just enemy presence, taking damage would make more narrative sense but would mean maintaining efficiency would be out of the player's hands and powerful crowd controlling by allies could stop any progress
- The first three abilities all applying their own debuffs seems a bit cluttered but was the best idea I came up with for the fourth ability's theme, it converting those debuffs into buffs which counteract the negative effects of the passive play into the theme of the void roots being what holds the frame together and making those different aspects help eachother instead of pulling into their own direction. It also nicely adds some support to the frame that is already literally "a bit of everything"

Archived