Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: 27.3.15 + 27.3.15.1

[DE]Megan

It is great that you guys are fixing operation scarlet spear.

However for the love of god please fix the issue with Kuva larvaling spawns which is an old outstanding bug since the release of the Kuva lich system. There have already been multiple reports of it but yet there hasn't been a fix.

The kuva lich system was supposed to tie railjack together.

The kuva lich is the only thing that keeps some players playing. Spending plat on getting liches for a bug that should have been fixed by now is kind of getting expensive.

Any fixes towards Index host migration issue? Recently experienced a host migration during 3rd round of index and when I died, the timer just kept going and going down to the negative numbers and I wasn't respawning at all. The issue with enemy spawns were fixed but not the player spawns.

3 hours ago, AeliosZero said:

Can someone explain what a 'script error' means? Is it a fancy way of saying 'bug'? Are these things that typically affect players or just some backend technical code fixes? 

Eg "fixed a script error with Magus Lockdown". What does that mean?

Warframe's code can be thought of as being three parts: the server stuff, an "engine" running on your PC/console and some scripts running on top of that engine.

The server *probably* runs the same scripts as on your PC/console.

The engine is tricky to code, there's a lot of complication and when a change is made you need to "compile" the engine to test out your change, which could take quite a lot of time. It does things like draw stuff to your screen, play sounds, talk to the server, etc. Low-level stuff that needs to be *fast*.

The scripts sit on top of the engine and are written in a "scripting language" (Lua, I believe), and they tell the engine to do stuff (like make a pretty light appear *here* and add some damage to that enemy over *there* in response to the player activating an ability). The scripts are not compiled, which means you can change them even when the game is running to test things out. They also tend to report errors much better, with more resilience - a script error will very, very rarely actually crash the game, but an engine error has a good chance to crash the game. Scripts can go awry though, and have complicated interactions, which is why sometimes they'll make some change and suddenly we can't pick up items (one script) because we've just performed a finisher on a Lich (another script).

So a "script error" is just an error in one of those high level scripts, and you'll see them in reference to actual specific gameplay items like Magus Lockdown etc because that's where the game logic is almost entirely implemented.

Something really annoying has happened at least once in my past four Eidolon hunts for the past few days and I believe it has to do with the Operator dying when in a kockdown state but cannot confirm that's the cause; basically all controls freeze up with the exception of moving; nothing else works until you die and respawn. You cannot even jump or crouch, and as I play Trinity in Eidolons, means the lures are basically done for since I am unable to do anything until I bleed out; because, no, not even holding 'use' to quickly respawn works.

Dude DE, yo guys really gotta work on the Aim Snap, which we get at lvl. 10 gunnery intrinsic. Investing 512 intrinsic points to level up from 9 to 10, only to find out that the aim snap is not accurate at times as well as it last for an extremely short duration is just disappointing. Please fix/improve it!

Annoying bug in the Event that prevent me from playing and even - resurrect 
In one RNG moment I can't do anything else than just move and use quick items, but nothing more... even the X is blocked so I can't resurrect when I die.

And this happen a lot in this event

So, I just finished a solo Adaro stealth farm using Ivara's sleep arrow to level my forma'd melee and it no longer resets their alert status (yes even doing just back finishers since front finishers and just smacking them is knowingly inconsistent at keeping the stealth kill counter up)... Was this stealth (pun intended) nerf intentional?  Because i did not see it listed in the patch notes.  😞

vor 13 Stunden schrieb AeliosZero:

Can someone explain what a 'script error' means? Is it a fancy way of saying 'bug'?

There is a script error, you can observe in a certian Grineer Sabotage.

When you take out a certain coolant core, the magnetic barrier behind it doesn't unload at the same time (probably stalled by the Lotus Speech). Running into it will mark the core to destroy, but you can't as you already taken it out. The "Destroy" Marker will remain through the rest of the mission.

Another one can happen on the Corpus side:

Hack the reactor to have the destroy markers for the Fuel injectors appear. Kill all of them, then hack the reactor a second time. The game wants you to destroy them a second time, although the mission progressed further to have you unlock the blast door. This may have been fixed a while ago.

16 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

I found piece since i got primed short footed a short while ago :3 

Though the only balanced explosive now is Bramma. It kills and has THE AOE that feels like something big. Kuva Bramma is the best designed exolosive so far. All others need either a rework or at least a stat revisit from scratch, all stats, including range to match Bramma.

I don't want shooting myself in the face with a rocket to do nothing, though.

If you want to hear an explanation of why rockets should self-damage from the devs of a fast-paced and pleasantly difficult shooter game that most of the people playing it aren't at their wit's end with, there's a Noclip interview with the director of Doom Eternal about the new demons where he talks about a new demon that puts a force-field wall in your face designed to kill people using the rocket launcher like a spaz.

Archived