Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: 27.3.15 + 27.3.15.1

[DE]Megan

On 2020-04-17 at 2:31 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed a script error that would occur for any Client observing a Gara cast Spectrorage; this would have resulted in missing customization effects for all Clients.
  •  

On 2020-04-17 at 2:31 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed a script error that could occur if you dismounted a K-Drive at the last second and sent it flying into a loading tunnel while another Tenno watched.
  •  

Intriguing... Some sort of Paradox Backlash???

22 hours ago, MacDex said:

You know what really irritates me?

I just spent couple of run on Ropalolyst to farm Wisp and help others.

This assassination is in the game for almost a year now. And it is so broken. I cannot count the various different things that went wrong. And this is unfixed after a year. In a mission that directly grants you Warframe blueprints.

In that sense Scarlet Spear is lucky. It has already received a ton of patches which helped a lot to make it somewhat playable. I agree, that the idea behind it - the linking of two independent teams - is neither working well nor does it seem to be a good idea at all, not with the way the general game is set up (players hosting missions instead of a centralized server structure, randomness of groups, reward system). Some of these can be fixed, some of these cannot. And I think that DE would be well advised to put their ideas way more deeply to the test.

But Scarlet Spear is not a total failure IMO. At least it shows how the target rewards - the things that Little Duck sells - can be given out to players in a way fairer style than by RNG.

And I know what I am talking about. It took me 38 runs to drop Octavia Neuroptics blueprint. That is rotation C in Orokin Derelict Survival. 38 times 20 minutes (more than 12.5 hours) of a seriously boring mission just to find out, yet another run without a drop.

THAT is a broken concept.

I undertand you... but somehow you can't praize DE for that... image that if they don't even have rewards for this mode 😄

We had arcanes for raids then for eidolons... then now We have arcanes for Scarlet Spear... for me it's just pushing the wagon ahead... nothing new or good about that...

When We praize DE in this sense We just help the game to be mediocre at best...  

Love you brother! Peace!

16 hours ago, Exos. said:

This long list of hot fixes doesn't mean a broken game, it means a team of devs who care about their project. Keep up the great work DE! Love your work! Stay safe.

The game is not broken... the content is not enjoable 😁

On 2020-04-20 at 8:15 PM, MacDex said:

This assassination is in the game for almost a year now. And it is so broken. I cannot count the various different things that went wrong. And this is unfixed after a year. In a mission that directly grants you Warframe blueprints.

I don't think it was very hard to get the Wisp parts. The Lephantis (Nekros), as fair I can see on wiki, is still bugged.

But Scarlet Spear is not a total failure IMO.

Call me noob or something but I couldn't even finish one raid solo. One time I'm stuck with this slow ship. Another time something destroyed my ship. I've tried connecting with other people... and I cannot.

I preferred to be space ninja not space pirate.

At least it shows how the target rewards - the things that Little Duck sells - can be given out to players in a way fairer style than by RNG.

There is other system greater than this. The Nightwave. Sure, it's far from perfect (e.g. Nitain farming) but it doesn't force you to play one mission Zillion of times. You can avoid missions that you don't like and you still can get some stuffs.

And there were another similar "system". I think it was about getting the Gara (POE stuffs, afair). You would have to get few blueprints with not low RNG. What set it apart from RNG-based or grindy warframe/weapon acquisitions was that you should do few different things. So it wasn't monotone.

I almost never post here, but i'm kinda done with the game.

I played the event, it was cool at first, but GOD DAMN THE GRIND! even with the new values, is still grindy as hell. I completed like 3 arcanes and that was it. Bored af. Im playing since 2014, and im tired of just the grind for the sake of more grinding. I'm fed up with all these updates that are totally different from the rest of the actual game. Nightwave and Liches were on the right direction, but as usual, with new content all of the older one is forgotten by DE. We don't want more grinding, we already know that warframe has a lot of that, we want more QUALITY, and not just in the beautiful art and graphics that we already have, we need that quality in the level and design of gameplay. We need gameplay, not just grind.

On 2020-04-20 at 2:15 PM, MacDex said:

In that sense Scarlet Spear is lucky. It has already received a ton of patches which helped a lot to make it somewhat playable. I agree, that the idea behind it - the linking of two independent teams - is neither working well nor does it seem to be a good idea at all, not with the way the general game is set up (players hosting missions instead of a centralized server structure, randomness of groups, reward system). Some of these can be fixed, some of these cannot. And I think that DE would be well advised to put their ideas way more deeply to the test.

But Scarlet Spear is not a total failure IMO. At least it shows how the target rewards - the things that Little Duck sells - can be given out to players in a way fairer style than by RNG.

And I know what I am talking about. It took me 38 runs to drop Octavia Neuroptics blueprint. That is rotation C in Orokin Derelict Survival. 38 times 20 minutes (more than 12.5 hours) of a seriously boring mission just to find out, yet another run without a drop.

THAT is a broken concept.

This is a joke, right?

Let's review.  Arcanes were initially introduced as a once daily reward potential for Raids.  Then, you could get two rolls for nightmare and regular raids.  This is to say nothing of equipping them.  You applied them to either a frame of syndana, and they functioned like lenses do now.  

Raids got axed, because they were too much work to maintain.  Per DE, every update seemed to break them, so they shelved it.  The plains are added....and we get Eidolons wandering around.  They can't be killed, until you unlock the Quills and an amp.  The Eidolons introduce an opportunity to get multiple arcanes, assuming you capture them.  If you don't, or you encounter any one of dozens of bugs, no rewards for you.  Not to mention somebody vacuuming the rewards into the sky, making getting them a crap shoot.

Now we get Scarlet Spear.  I'm going to call it a good potential event, but executed in so poor or a fashion that there's little to love.  Yes, RNG is minimized.  On the other hand, having to grind mobile defenses with annoying flying sections is not exactly fun.  Yeah, there's a lot of potential to grind intrinsics and get resources.  On the other hand, I have like 360k credits earned and still don't have the breach related avionic.  

Let's also observe the Ropalolyst.  On release I was spawned into the boss arena behind an invisible wall, preventing me from fighting the boss.  I had the boss simply fly off into the sunset and decide not to engage with the players.  The boss never used the beam attack to charge the zappers.  The mid-battle cut-scenes lead to instant deaths because the boss charged an attack while you were prevented from moving.  The boss decided to attack a zapper from across the level, and couldn't be coaxed into getting close enough to mount.  All of the above happened for weeks after introduction, because I ran the boss dozens of times to get all four pieces.

It took more than a month to get the thing to its current state.  As of now, it works more often than failing (I ground the boss for Sentient spawns due to a riven challenge).  Scarlet Spear seems to have roughly the same track record.

So help me here, you're hinging everything on the statement that a bad run of RNG is a broken situation?  Have you played this game?  The Braton Vandal BP has a 1.01% drop chance for running 8 total rounds.  2.5 minutes/round * 8 rounds = 20 minutes.  It took me literally two months of running to get all of the parts (60 days * 2 runs/day * 20 minutes/run = 2400 minutes or 40 hours of grind).  Bad RNG is how warframe stays relevant.  If that isn't obvious you missed out on Legendary Cores, Condition Overload, Maiming Strike, Argon Scope, Corrupted Mods, Ephemeras, Umbra Forma BPs (while still in the game), high value Lavan reactors, and dozens of other things.  Again, this isn't broken.  

Let's math this out.  22.56% drop rate.  77.44% non-drop rate.  37 runs.  Chance of not getting the drop is therefore 0.7744^37 =  0.00007793.  Your particular situation is therefore a 1 in 12831 situation.  That's bad, but there's also those that ran 38 times without a reward; they are a 1 in 16570 situation.  This is how probability and statistics works.  It also ignored the last multiplication step of 0.2256 to get the probability of is particular outcome, but for the purposes of illustration I thought just calculating the failures would be enough to show why people hate RNG.

The trade-off is that if you could guarantee a reward after 10 runs people would stop playing at 10 runs.  DE doesn't want that, so they RNG loot.  It's not a unique tactic to them, as virtually any looter does the same.  Increasing engagement by making rewards inconsistent is an easy thing to do with RNG loot.

If you're making this argument you're about....7+ years too late.  RNG rewards started with the game, and have only gotten more complex.  Things like syndicate rep leading to purchases are great, but let's be real here, who continued to grind for the vent kids after they maxed out the MR items and got the mods?  That's why DE does RNG.  If it isn't RNG, it's vertical grind walls like Dog Days and Scarlet Spear. 

My hope is they decide to invest in things like Nightwave more, because these big concepts only work if they mesh with the game.  Fortuna is an island.  PoE is an island.  Railjack is an island.  Nightwave is fundamentally flawed, as it needs huge resource investment to be maintained, but at least it's tying old systems back in with new rewards for revisiting things lost to update madness.  Scarlet Spear is taking two mobile defense missions, and making them more annoying by injecting in a break in the action by having to deal with the disconnected railjack segments stringing them along.  Calling it different is novel, but it's got to be a joke.

Archived