Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrupted Mods - Your Thoughts?

LikeABawsh

Title says it all. I just want to see what other people have to say about these.

I'm having really mixed emotions towards these, seeing as how I have to gimp myself with a key just to obtain a mod that will further gimp me, bringing along gimped team-mates to help me do so.

That's a lot of gimp.

I think the stat combinations are interesting and would fit some specialized builds quite well. However with the insane cost to upgrade them and the double key wall to get them... I don't see them being worth it. They are meant for people who have done everything there is to do in the game to give them reason to keep playing. However, I think DE is taking the wrong approach in terms of content. Who cares if you have super powerful mods if there's nothing to do but grind the same thing over and over again. 

I do like the tactical element of deciding who equips what key debuff though. However even that is short lived. 

Won't use any of them.

Extremely costly to upgrade, and the debuff is usually of the same tier zone of the buff, so you never really GAIN anything.

In the long run, it changes nothing for the better.

Just 2 weird changes that I don't like.

The Warframe ones are fine. I can see having +99% power strength with -55% power efficiency; that's just a lot more bang for a little more buck. I can also see + duration for - range, for frames that don't need range, and + efficiency for - duration, for frames that don't need duration, and so on.

However:

Mods like Magnum Force are utterly worthless. +6% damage per rank with +8% recoil - as a rare - is completely pointless. Hornet strike is +20% damage per rank, as an uncommon, with no downsides. That makes Hornet Strike hilariously better - as well as any other damage mod. Why would you ever equip Magnum Force? Other damage mods are like this, too, such as Vicious Spread and Spoiled Strike.

Now, if those mods buff the overall damage, not just the base damage, then they're awesome. But I haven't been able to confirm whether or not that's the case. Can anyone vouch one way or the other?

Edited by SirRaiuKoren

A Loki that can goes for 25 energy radial disarm with a 50m range is sacrificing his ability to stay longer while invisible.

While a Loki that goes for a 50 second invisibility suffers a huge drop in casting range of decoy and radial disarm.

Of course, if you can compliment 2 mods correctly, with Loki on narrow minded and over extended you can get good invisibility duration and decent range buff on radial disarm.

But you will never be as good as the former two because it is a compromise due to limited mod slots.

Edited by fatpig84

It was a good attempt... but tbh, they might need to buff the positives a bit, because atm, nightmare mods are wayyyyyyyy easyer to get and have wayyyyyy better stats.

I just got Lethal Torrent...

Not really, even with extinguished dragon, my 1 forma ignis was still burning infested pretty dang quick. 

In contrast, nightmare mode in say Europa hits me a lot harder.

Not really, even with extinguished dragon, my 1 forma ignis was still burning infested pretty dang quick. 

In contrast, nightmare mode in say Europa hits me a lot harder.

Last I checked Nightmare Modes all have the same drop chance for mods regardless of planet, so why would you be running NiM on Europa when you can just grind the easiest/fastest mission types on Venus/Earth (which are laughably easy to solo)?

Back to the OP, some of the Corrupted Mods are definitely worth it, like putting Blind Rage (possibly with Fleeting Expertise) on Nova for massive damage spikes.  Using Overextended with Frost's Snow Globe is another nice option.  I haven't looked over every WF to see how well other combinations work but they do exist.

Most of the weapon mods seem fairly hard to make use of though.  The melee ones might be nice but I haven't done the calculations yet to determine whether or not the increased damage is enough to make up for the reduced speed.

The Warframe ones are fine. I can see having +99% power strength with -55% power efficiency; that's just a lot more bang for a little more buck. I can also see + duration for - range, for frames that don't need range, and + efficiency for - duration, for frames that don't need duration, and so on.

However:

Mods like Magnum Force are utterly worthless. +6% damage per rank with +8% recoil - as a rare - is completely pointless. Hornet strike is +20% damage per rank, as an uncommon, with no downsides. That makes Hornet Strike hilariously better - as well as any other damage mod. Why would you ever equip Magnum Force? Other damage mods are like this, too, such as Vicious Spread and Spoiled Strike.

Now, if those mods buff the overall damage, not just the base damage, then they're awesome. But I haven't been able to confirm whether or not that's the case. Can anyone vouch one way or the other?

Magnum Force and Heavy Caliber both stack with Hornet Strike and Serration respectively. No reason not to have both unless you can't handle the recoil for that specific weapon.

On a side note, Blind Rage + Fleeting Expertise + Narrow Minded + Overextended all at max rank will yield 39% Power Strength, 39% Duration, 24% Range, and 5% Efficiency. This of course takes up 4 slots. It is better to mix and match. For cap efficiency without going over takes rank 5 Fleeting Expertise and rank 4 Streamline making a Warframe's ultimate cost only 25 energy.

A Loki that can goes for 25 energy radial disarm with a 50m range is sacrificing his ability to stay longer while invisible.

While a Loki that goes for a 50 second invisibility suffers a huge drop in casting range of decoy and radial disarm.

Of course, if you can compliment 2 mods correctly, with Loki on narrow minded and over extended you can get good invisibility duration and decent range buff on radial disarm.

But you will never be as good as the former two because it is a compromise due to limited mod slots.

Using Loki's 4 Warframe abilities and the following additional 6 mods: Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, Overextended, Narrow Minded, Continuity, and Constitution you should end up with 75% Efficiency, 107% Duration, and 24% Range. This will give you unlimited stealth with energy siphon as Loki's stealth should last 24 seconds and Energy siphon generates 14 energy with stealth costing 12 energy. Range is only 6% shorter than using stretch. Radial Disarm won't have a 50m range (think it will be only 24m), however, it will only cost 25 energy. Of course this build leaves no room for Rush and Quick Rest for speed running on the fastest Warframe.

This is a very very very bad move from DE.

First, they are unbalanced. They are really too powerfull, in a game that didnt need another difficulty nerf; but was badly needing gameplay updates that would push to missions tactical aproaches.

Now, they will NEVER be tactical anymore in warframe.

I'm disapointed, very disapointed.

And dont talk about not using them ... i dont want to use them. But players i play with do use them. So lets go with stupid dps builds that have no survivability.

More important question, if you have serration/hornet strike already, why do you need more DPS? Bosses are DPS capped or have invulnerability phases. wave 40+ def and 1 hr+ survival are not considered as part of the game design. Would have been better if they were alt-fire modes.

some people complain about some of the mods like 99% power duration being very powerful, but what they fail to realise is it takes so much to achieve that it's not in the reach for majority of the play base. so the new mods are essentially more power to the rich.

back to the mods, they dont replace anything, they're only useful when used with the common mod of the same effect. what i mean is, take for instance, heavy caliber takes more mod points AND has a recoil penalty, yet it gives the same amount of %damage as serration, so it's only sensible to use when in conjunction with serration. there's are some exceptions, of course, but most of them are under that pattern.

However:

because you are too big a n00b to realize these mods STACK with existing mods. its the price of power. and why does it need to be confirmed? it does the same thing as hornet/serration therefore it has the same effect as serration/hornet. please. shut up, play the vaults, get the mods, upgrade them, USE THEM, then complain if you still think they suck.

people like you that bash stuff before they even try ... thats just insulting DE's hard work.

Edited by xenapan

I find 3 or 4 worth using but most are plain useless/gamebreaking. I swear DE is not thinking clearly when adding some of these MODs into the game. They have yet to make adjustments to current useless MODs like Warm Coat and Intruder, MODs that players don't really use and are just adding to RNG and yet they add more to the pile.

because you are too big a n00b to realize these mods STACK with existing mods. its the price of power. and why does it need to be confirmed? it does the same thing as hornet/serration therefore it has the same effect as serration/hornet. please. shut up, play the vaults, get the mods, upgrade them, USE THEM, then complain if you still think they suck.

people like you that bash stuff before they even try ... thats just insulting DE's hard work.

Because you are the one insulting peaople here.

Because you are the noob if you think those mods are needed to play warframe, and wont break fragile game difficulty balance

They are ruthlessly disgusting.

Most of the content in the games doesn't need them and they make some frames/weapon even more overpowered than before.

^ this. couldn't find better way to say it ;)

Are these mods really needed?: No.

Does using these mods make you a "Noob"?: No.

Currently anything sub top level survival and endless defense is fairly easily done with a decent weapon and frame setup. Just because you use "perfected" or "Max/Min" setups does not make you a "Noob". By refusing to use what is available to improve the equipment obtained then you are doing one of two things: Playing with a handicap or raising the self-difficulty of content. There is nothing wrong with using these mods, and there is nothing wrong with refusing to use these mods. Remember no one is making you bring along a Nova or a Acrid. They are simply adding a little more diversity allowing us to build better for specific frame powers. As was mentioned before with Loki you can go for a 50m Radial Disarm or a unlimited stealth build. "Vault" running is simply another reason to do Orokin Derelicts as the only other reasons are for the Nekros frame from the assassination and mutagen samples. Personally if you don't care for or have infested dojo weapons and the Nekros frame then there was no reason to run Derelicts until they added the Vaults.

Overextended need rebalance very, very quickly.

Take Nova on Xini, I can stay at Pod without moving 1 Meter and M.Prime the whole Map.

The WHOLE MAP up to the last Corner.

After 20 Waves we stopped, Nova 400+ Kills, rest under 10.

This Mod needs an overwork right now or completely removed.

This is just way too much, absolutely Lame Sh!t, first Time ever I say - This is really Gamebreaking.

They break frames, they break weapons, they are pathetic.

Watch as thread after thread highlights frame and weapon balance issues due to these mods.
Then, when DE do take these mods into account with nerfs and buffs to frames and weapons, they have effectively added a whole new grind to the game (levelling up these mods).

I have decided not to bother with them, and I'll probably be gone by the time they compound this mistake with more mistakes.

Edited by Egg_Chen

Won't use any of them.

Extremely costly to upgrade, and the debuff is usually of the same tier zone of the buff, so you never really GAIN anything.

In the long run, it changes nothing for the better.

Just 2 weird changes that I don't like.

first thing when i saw Rares rank 0-10 

great just fantastic great WHEN THE HEK ARE THEY GONNA GIVE US RARE 10 CORES (commom 10 or 5 and uncommon 10s)