Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The current state of the Arca Plasmor

Indoril_Elfingrad

The Arca Plasmor. A beautiful gun with amazing sounds and effects. I love using that gun. But in the current Warframe, the only frames who can get it to deal damage is Chroma. That gun is barely capable of 100+ gameplay and it's disappointing. The weapon needs a buff. Fighting enemies is like hitting them with a nerf gun. And don't state that lower levels exist. That doesn't matter in power. The stug can handle lower levels. Please DE. Buff the Plasmor. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Indoril_Elfingrad said:

The stug can handle lower levels.

No it can't.. not that any gun should be doomed to be garbage. Someone's bound to love a weapon in the way you'd love Arca Plasmor, if only it's capable. In other words, if it's ok for guns to be crap, it's ok for arca plasmor to be crap.. and that doesn't sit right with ya, does it?

• Like 5

spider man lol GIF

Man, how the fickle power creep meta-train keeps on chugging.

The Arca Plasmor - a shotgun that ignores implicit shotgun drawback mechanics - does not need a buff in any way, shape or form.

People use it less lately because the Catchmoon is more or less the same thing while also having access to generally-superior Pistol mods and Pax arcanes, and the Fulmin as I recall is an infinite-ammo recharging Plasmor with also a rifle-like alternate fire.

I'd be happier not to see its visually intrusive effects on my screen again. Catchmoon too, for that matter.

• Like 6

Yeah it needs that headshot critical damage back. Then again the whole primary weapon pool needs to be updated. That said, you get to the point of playing that none of it makes a difference, and you're just using a weapon regardless of viability, because you like it. I was toting around the Karak just because I wanted to feel like a guy with a standard issue AK taking out 1 Grineer at a time. 

• Like 1

Arca Plasmor use to be a meta before other weapons were introduced into the game. There is a reason why it is what it is today. The game play of it was too OP back than for clearing out hall ways. Now its a little more balanced and gives some room for other weapons.

7 hours ago, Indoril_Elfingrad said:

The Arca Plasmor. A beautiful gun with amazing sounds and effects. I love using that gun. But in the current Warframe, the only frames who can get it to deal damage is Chroma. That gun is barely capable of 100+ gameplay and it's disappointing. The weapon needs a buff. Fighting enemies is like hitting them with a nerf gun. And don't state that lower levels exist. That doesn't matter in power. The stug can handle lower levels. Please DE. Buff the Plasmor. 

The problem is not "Arca Plasmor" ; the issue is that power creep will progressively make every new weapon that comes out be slightly stronger than the previous ones , thus making older weapons feel as if they were obsolete over time . They can still do the job just fine , they simply can't clear rooms as fast as the new ones...and that's one of the main issues with Warframe ; the game went from being a game of preference to a game in which the newest weapons and frames tend to be so good that the old ones get abandoned in the closet . 

It's not just the Plasmor which would need a buff , there are hundreds of weapons which could use a tweak...but that still won't stop the problem unless DE decides to make all weapons be more or less on par the one with the other , new ones included , and unless they can find a solution to enemies stats scaling which turns them into bullet sponges after their level starts hitting the 100s .

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Elyann said:

the game went from being a game of preference to a game in which the newest weapons and frames tend to be so good that the old ones get abandoned

I.... want to agree? I don't..

So the old problem was that the enemy armor scaling was WAY impossible to fight, with weapons made for a much older system. Rather than reworking that system, they just released newer weapons. Lots of the old weapons were Super crap.. where as things like Phage was the meta back when I started.. so it's been going on quite some time.

I feel the player base was more accepting of preference then. "Most of the weapons are pretty bad, so it's understandable if you have bad ones. We do, too.. because we love them." ...Where as now, "There are like 10 meta things you could have taken, and you took none of them, that's your fault."

Part of me feels they had to do that, because people pay out the nose to have, "the best thing," so, keep providing a new best thing, and you keep being able to afford development.. and now they're looking at it like many creators have before... most famous example being, "Holy crap has that gotten out of control.. Welp, time for a flood."

2 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

I.... want to agree? I don't..

So the old problem was that the enemy armor scaling was WAY impossible to fight, with weapons made for a much older system. Rather than reworking that system, they just released newer weapons. Lots of the old weapons were Super crap.. where as things like Phage was the meta back when I started.. so it's been going on quite some time.

I feel the player base was more accepting of preference then. "Most of the weapons are pretty bad, so it's understandable if you have bad ones. We do, too.. because we love them." ...Where as now, "There are like 10 meta things you could have taken, and you took none of them, that's your fault."

Part of me feels they had to do that, because people pay out the nose to have, "the best thing," so, keep providing a new best thing, and you keep being able to afford development.. and now they're looking at it like many creators have before... most famous example being, "Holy crap has that gotten out of control.. Welp, time for a flood."

Kind of , yea...

The issue's always been there...it was just less noticeable with less weapons around and when endgame content actually was t4 void missions . Now lots of stuff can kill level 165 corrupted bombards in less than a full clip ( and even then...how many people do actually still stay that much in endless missions to get to face them ? The endgame shifted to eidolons , to Profit Taker , to Liches and so on...there's no real point in staying into a mission for longer unless you are looking for a challenge ) .

I get DE being willing to push you to get the newest stuff around...but again...while marketing wise it may be a good choice...it does hurt the game in the long run .

41 minutes ago, Elyann said:

Now lots of stuff can kill level 165 corrupted bombards in less than a full clip

And like before, we still have a great deal of our weapons which that will fail that scenario by far greater margins, hands down.

Being able to kill a lvl 165 corrupted bombard through a lot of work, but not a demoralizing amount of ammo for no reason.. must be necessary for both most weapons, and permutations of loadouts, or there's something wrong both with lvl 165 corrupted bombards and everything that fails to do that in a satisfying way. How many options do you want your players to have of getting a really just crap experience, you know?

So sure, we've got things that can do it.. why do we have things that just can't? Not talking MK-1s.. they're like broken mods.. deliberately bad. But what portion of deliberately bad things should a game spend a player's time on. "You remember that 1000 hours I spent really hating every weapon I used?"

As I'm sure Arca Plasmor was for OP initially: "Finally a gun that just works on everything."

I have wasted So Many forma trying to find that in the guns that appeal to me, and whooo baby, that can be real futile. (Even with rivens sometimes.) Would be nice if you could pick a relatively modest burst rifle weapon, without being a powerhog, and that not directly translate to being a detriment to a party with a uniform pick of meta weapons. They want to be crazy powerful, I'm ok with that, so long as it's not a problem for everyone that I didn't want to use that method. Please, pardon my tangent here.. I've had entirely too many years to think about this. 😃