Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Encryption Equals Deception

Razeredge334

I'm not one for conspiracy, but the switch to encryption AND changing the loot tables at the same time, just seems down right fishy.

Sorry DE I must be miss informed, but I thought you wanted to be a honest company, and make a honest game.

If i'm missing some important piece of info, that makes the encryption of data make sense, please let me know; Its my belief that there are many people just as perplexed as I am.

Reguardless of how open and honest a company is.  Everyone of them has the right to encrypt their data to help make sure that it doesn't get stolen.    Most people don't have the tools needed to really read the code in a game, so not that big of an issue, and those that look at it for making of wiki's and guides is another group.    But theirs also people that want to steal idea's, code, etc etc that can hurt Companys in the long run with what they do with that code.   

Its not an uncommon thing for a Company to at first have the data un encrypted then switch.   

Reguardless of how open and honest a company is.  Everyone of them has the right to encrypt their data to help make sure that it doesn't get stolen.    Most people don't have the tools needed to really read the code in a game, so not that big of an issue, and those that look at it for making of wiki's and guides is another group.    But theirs also people that want to steal idea's, code, etc etc that can hurt Companys in the long run with what they do with that code.   

Its not an uncommon thing for a Company to at first have the data un encrypted then switch.

I think the OP though is more referring to at least some transparency of drop rates for the community as opposed to general encryption (which i agree is essential to security as you described)

If they didn't have the track record of consistently @(*()$ up the tables and then denying there is a problem until someone data mines the issue and shows them... the encryption would be annoying but forgivable.  The fact that they so consistently F*** up their S#&$, then try and hide it?  I don't think I would call it a deception but certainly unfortunate.

Their drop tables and other information were never really meant for the public in the first place,

some people just chose to data-mine it and give it to the public, it's not as if DE changed anything drastically.

And your point is?

The point the OP is trying to make is there is a lack of transparency for drops.

People have spent hours/days grinding against a completely unknown factor. If the public were not meant to know anything, then DE should not need to write any Apology Letter at all to the community

As said above, encryption is important for security. it is a different aspect altogether.

Edited by escape123

And your point is?

The point the OP is trying to make is there is a lack of transparency for drops.

People have spent hours/days grinding against a completely unknown factor.

As said above, encryption is important for security so not to be confused

You should re - re my post,

If the drop tables were never meant for the public eye, don't you think there would be a " lack of transparency for drops" effecting everyone?

Edited by LegacyOfLamb

I'm not one for conspiracy, but the switch to encryption AND changing the loot tables at the same time, just seems down right fishy.

Sorry DE I must be miss informed, but I thought you wanted to be a honest company, and make a honest game.

If i'm missing some important piece of info, that makes the encryption of data make sense, please let me know; Its my belief that there are many people just as perplexed as I am.

anti-spoiler, and anti-cheating... information should be passed around by personal experience, and word of mouth from personal experience like the good ol days... players are spoiled now days from ripping games apart. Which I find very wrong. If I want to learn about something I either throw myself at it in trial and error, or ask, but I don't tear my game apart trying to figure it out. You may call it deceptive but cars have been becoming harder, and harder to repair by the average person. Why? Because of regulations for one, and two because they were making repair shops, and resellers were not making as much money as they could have been because everyone was repairing I at home. In a way its a good thing that you are not tearing a game apart.

Also if you haven't noticed this also allows Anti-Reverse engineering. DE does not want you to reverse engineer its engine. If you haven't noticed its not up for anyone to use at all. They have been trying to keep it secret, and to themselves. By doing this it prevents you from reverse engineering their tech. Which is a big no-no.

Also currently the drop table works fine, and it also worked fine during the So called Forma famine which is just an illusion because it still had a drop rated, and people could still get it. Even now all of our essential parts are dropping like candy from a busted gumball machine. It is completely insane and ruins collector value in the game of anything including weapons, and warframes since collector value relies on harder to obtain resources to build said item. However sadly everything drops like there is no tomorrow, and this has become broken.

Players are complaining complete and total nonsense. No one is effected outside of those who feel they are entitled to DE's secrets. Which should be left secret to not spoil us any further, and so we can finally be surprised and left in awe when we finally see what they made. I am not effected, and the VAST MAJORITY OF THE COMMUNITY IN THE GAME NOT THE FORUMS ARE COMPLETELLY UNEFFECTED!!!!

The only issues currently that DE should be working on is the bugs in hosting, and inviting friends to run missions with you. Because that is where the big serious  issues are at. Stop complaining about them encrypting things because it is a GOOD thing, and stop complaining about tables. They all work fine. I still blame those who complain for outright DESTROYING the value of the new Bio lab gear, because then they were worth something, worth building. Then people complained and the price dropped. DESTROYING ITS WORTH... Doesn't matter if its strong or not. It was considered a rare exclusive in its own right to those who will take the time to get it. Heck I would collect 10,000 of each resource if it meant using it all to build a cape of some sort that I could wear with my own clan emblem on the back of it just to show how hardcore of a player I am. why? Because that cape has officially gained worth in its time, and resources.

Knowing what the tables are is a self created entitlement that does not exist, and you have no right at all to be snooping around in those files. If DE wants to encrypt it they can.

Edited by Arlayn

Where does Serration drop? :v

Probably one of the more important mods that a newbie will want to have.........And we, their senpais, can no longer point them to the best map they could handle where it drops. :(

It is called trial and error... should try it sometime... just about a million gamers around the world have done it with just about every game ever made... and it worked...

Where does Serration drop? :v

Probably one of the more important mods that a newbie will want to have.........And we, their senpais, can no longer point them to the best map they could handle where it drops. :(

When update 7 first launched you think people knew where serration dropped? Noone knew, but we found out somehow. Do we really need to hold every new player by the hand and show them how to shoot a grineer?

Will you imagine for a moment how boring life would be if we knew everything? Living in the unknown is the ideal situation in video games, believe it or not. Knowing that as soon as you turn the corner, a shrieking death trap of claw and teeth wait for you is not exactly my picture of a video game. It's the unknown that give life to video games. Why destroy that just because you want to know exactly how often a resource or blueprint will drop at what chance in a certain area by a certain faction of the tenth degree divided by zero? Who cares? Play the game.

anti-spoiler, and anti-cheating... information should be passed around by personal experience, and word of mouth from personal experience like the good ol days... players are spoiled now days from ripping games apart. Which I find very wrong. If I want to learn about something I either throw myself at it in trial and error, or ask, but I don't tear my game apart trying to figure it out. You may call it deceptive but cars have been becoming harder, and harder to repair by the average person. Why? Because of regulations for one, and two because they were making repair shops, and resellers were not making as much money as they could have been because everyone was repairing I at home. In a way its a good thing that you are not tearing a game apart.

So, livestreams shouldn't happen? Those have spoilers. The only thing we got from the datamined tables was the occasional possible weapon name which was hinted at anyways in pictures and what dropped where.

Also currently the drop table works fine, and it also worked fine during the So called Forma famine which is just an illusion because it still had a drop rated, and people could still get it. Even now all of our essential parts are dropping like candy from a busted gumball machine. It is completely insane and ruins collector value in the game of anything including weapons, and warframes since collector value relies on harder to obtain resources to build said item. However sadly everything drops like there is no tomorrow, and this has become broken.

The drop rate was 0.67%, and that was an "illusion" despite the hard facts? If you ran ONE HUNDRED T3 void runs, statistically you would get 0 froma. at 200 runs, you'd get 1 statistically. Cut the crap, it was real, and just because you had a different experience doesn't make you right.

The only issues currently that DE should be working on is the bugs in hosting, and inviting friends to run missions with you. Because that is where the big serious  issues are at. Stop complaining about them encrypting things because it is a GOOD thing, and stop complaining about tables. They all work fine. I still blame those who complain for outright DESTROYING the value of the new Bio lab gear, because then they were worth something, worth building. Then people complained and the price dropped. DESTROYING ITS WORTH... Doesn't matter if its strong or not. It was considered a rare exclusive in its own right to those who will take the time to get it. Heck I would collect 10,000 of each resource if it meant using it all to build a cape of some sort that I could wear with my own clan emblem on the back of it just to show how hardcore of a player I am. why? Because that cape has officially gained worth in its time, and resources.

No, it's a bad thing. And the worth? Are you trying to say 15muta and what, 3 forma for the embolist was fine? That it's power equaled the cost? Your analogy SUCKS because one is a cosmetic, one is a weapon, COMPLETELY different, and if you can't see that, you're blinding yourself to it on purpose.

Players are complaining complete and total nonsense. No one is effected outside of those who feel they are entitled to DE's secrets. Which should be left secret to not spoil us any further, and so we can finally be surprised and left in awe when we finally see what they made. I am not effected, and the VAST MAJORITY OF THE COMMUNITY IN THE GAME NOT THE FORUMS ARE COMPLETELLY UNEFFECTED!!!!

How many use the wiki? The wiki has data that's been datamined.

It is called trial and error... should try it sometime... just about a million gamers around the world have done it with just about every game ever made... and it worked...

Good luck telling me what drops what so I can tell a new player where to best farm it. We have no log that tells us what dropped from where and what, I currently have no idea what drops a split chamber because I haven't gotten once recently (recently, as in since U10, and they've changed the drop tables a few times since then)

Stop being this elitist "It works for me, so it should work for you!" person. You want info passed around, and yet, the best place for it, the wiki, can't do that effectively or reliably because no one has proof of what dropped where.

Will you imagine for a moment how boring life would be if we knew everything? Living in the unknown is the ideal situation in video games, believe it or not. Knowing that as soon as you turn the corner, a shrieking death trap of claw and teeth wait for you is not exactly my picture of a video game. It's the unknown that give life to video games. Why destroy that just because you want to know exactly how often a resource or blueprint will drop at what chance in a certain area by a certain faction of the tenth degree divided by zero? Who cares? Play the game.

We care because DE made this game a damn farm, and the only way to deal with a farm is to tackle it as efficiently as possible,  It is no fun running a mission 100x for the part you want only to realize that what you want doesn't drop from there.  Don't give me that love of the game crap,  Gameplay is so monotonous and basic that we might as well stuffing boxes.

When update 7 first launched you think people knew where serration dropped? Noone knew, but we found out somehow. Do we really need to hold every new player by the hand and show them how to shoot a grineer?

In U7, drops were all randomized, meaning that serration had a high chance to drop through natural progression.  Now, the drops are enemy and level specific, meaning you likely will never see a certain uncommon or rare mod unless you go out to purposefully hunt a specific enemy mob.  Yes, we do need it,

We care because DE made this game a damn farm, and the only way to deal with a farm is to tackle it as efficiently as possible,  It is no fun running a mission 100x for the part you want only to realize that what you want doesn't drop from there.  Don't give me that love of the game crap,  Gameplay is so monotonous and basic that we might as well stuffing boxes.

In U7, drops were all randomized, meaning that serration had a high chance to drop through natural progression.  Now, the drops are enemy and level specific, meaning you likely will never see a certain uncommon or rare mod unless you go out to purposefully hunt a specific enemy mob.  Yes, we do need it,

Go stuff you some boxes, then. Tell me how enjoyable that is, right? You will be coming back to complain that you can't find your Serration mod.

How are new players going to experience and thrive in Warframe if all they do is get babied and miss half the experience by only farming defence missions? You guys are a really boring lot, I'll give you that. I rememeber when I first started playing, it wasn't about asking people where I can find this; or where that drops; where this blueprint can be found; will you wipe my arse--no, it was about playing the game. I enjoyed playing with my friends, unlocking new missions and really enjoying the game. Not this piss "oh just go here, stay until wave 5, stand on one leg, sing the chicken song and sacrifice a kitten". 

Stop being this elitist "It works for me, so it should work for you!" person. You want info passed around, and yet, the best place for it, the wiki, can't do that effectively or reliably because no one has proof of what dropped where.

It works for him because he dropped 250 bucks into this game and has 9000 platinum to blow.

Really, a master founder with an elitist attitude--you don't say...

It works for him because he dropped 250 bucks into this game and has 9000 platinum to blow.

Really, a master founder with an elitist attitude--you don't say...

Not all masters are like that, he's just the bad apple of the bunch so-to-speak

Go stuff you some boxes, then. Tell me how enjoyable that is, right? You will be coming back to complain that you can't find your Serration mod.

How are new players going to experience and thrive in Warframe if all they do is get babied and miss half the experience by only farming defence missions? You guys are a really boring lot, I'll give you that. I rememeber when I first started playing, it wasn't about asking people where I can find this; or where that drops; where this blueprint can be found; will you wipe my arse--no, it was about playing the game. I enjoyed playing with my friends, unlocking new missions and really enjoying the game. Not this &!$$ "oh just go here, stay until wave 5, stand on one leg, sing the chicken song and sacrifice a kitten". 

You're missing the point. We have no idea what to farm for X or Y. Do we kill grineer lancers, elite lancers, troopers, what? Or are we farming the wrong faction ENTIRELY? Is it limited to bosses only?

WE.

DON'T.

KNOW.

That's the problem, we can't help newbies through the stupidly tough start by telling them to kill X or Y for the mod they need. We don't know if a "vital" mod is stuck on a boss (like focus was for the stalker/vor only)

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

How are new players going to experience and thrive in Warframe if all they do is get babied and miss half the experience by only farming defence missions? You guys are a really boring lot, I'll give you that. I rememeber when I first started playing, it wasn't about asking people where I can find this; or where that drops; where this blueprint can be found; will you wipe my arse--no, it was about playing the game. I enjoyed playing with my friends, unlocking new missions and really enjoying the game. Not this &!$$ "oh just go here, stay until wave 5, stand on one leg, sing the chicken song and sacrifice a kitten". 

Unlocking 15 planets of samey maps.  Yeah, sure thing, sounds like loads of fun.

I get the feeling that the bar is set real low with some of you folks.

Edited by niekaa

Hm, good point there.

Me though I'm just going to wait and see. I feel like the upcoming trade system should fix the last huge bit of RNG the game has left anyways. Keys can be guaranteed now, Bosses have 100% chance to drop blueprints. All that's really left is void farming and mod farming and since both of those can be traded in the trade system....Anyways that's just me though, I'm usually optimistic.

Edited by Hazmatzone

So, livestreams shouldn't happen? Those have spoilers. The only thing we got from the datamined tables was the occasional possible weapon name which was hinted at anyways in pictures and what dropped where.

The drop rate was 0.67%, and that was an "illusion" despite the hard facts? If you ran ONE HUNDRED T3 void runs, statistically you would get 0 froma. at 200 runs, you'd get 1 statistically. Cut the crap, it was real, and just because you had a different experience doesn't make you right.

No, it's a bad thing. And the worth? Are you trying to say 15muta and what, 3 forma for the embolist was fine? That it's power equaled the cost? Your analogy SUCKS because one is a cosmetic, one is a weapon, COMPLETELY different, and if you can't see that, you're blinding yourself to it on purpose.

How many use the wiki? The wiki has data that's been datamined.

Good luck telling me what drops what so I can tell a new player where to best farm it. We have no log that tells us what dropped from where and what, I currently have no idea what drops a split chamber because I haven't gotten once recently (recently, as in since U10, and they've changed the drop tables a few times since then)

1. Livestreams is like the Lotus giving us info

2. 0.67 is quite high... if you think about its about .33% away from a whole.

3. I demand hardcore balls to the wall collectibles... and DE had... THEY HAD IT!!! then people complained... I still await the day DE will give us something completely overbearing and truly for the insane to collect. I want hard to collect. Super Deluxe Ultra friggin God Rare to collect... RNG should make it so rare that even its BP alone to be dropped in the history of ever by whatever is 0.00009 to get it...

4. Then people will use what they can get. What they have with datamine they will use that. Outside of that Warframe wiki will be all word of mouth in the future which is created by the true players of the game who actually PLAY the game, and not just mine the hell out of it.

5. If the human race has been playing games since Atari, and figuring out secrets that they personally pass around their friends since like the 70s-80s to now... then I don't see why not.

Also on a side note you know Hideo Kojima the maker of Metal Gear lies a lot... Because he likes screwing with his fans, but they still love him. They are like masochist to his lies.

Why do you need proof? its more fun slamming your Mario kart into the castle doors seeing if all the rumors were true about entering it (even though you can never enter it)