Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Energize looks weak on paper. How is it in practice?

FadeToNull

Update.

Original post:

Rank 5 Acane Energize gives a 60% chance to get 150 energy with a 15-second cooldown when you pick up an energy orb. That's a lot of barriers between you and a really small amount of energy.

Seems like energy orbs are either so plentiful Energize would be unneeded, or so scarce it would be useless. And anyway, there's energy pads.

But I don't have it, so I don't really know. Maybe it's way better than it looks and opens up a ton of options.

Curious what ppl think who actually have it.

Edited by FadeToNull
  • Like 2

I never have to really care about energy as long as I kill and energy orbs drop once and a while so yea its pretty damn useful even with the cooldown it does not change much. You still get enough energy from it. The cooldown only really hit ppl hard with negative efficiency blind rage builds. I have a saryn like that but even then energize is enough to keep it going.

Edited by (XB1)Dex Xean
  • Like 6

I ran 2 energize sets with a 45% efficiency ember (that's 45% not 145%), for 2 hours w/o having to recast her 4 once when that was a channeled ability.

In other words Energize makes energy a ressource you don't have to care about, no matter what your efficiency is at.

I honestly have not seen a significant reduction in effectiveness across those loadouts i use to run it on since before the changes (comparing R3 back then to to R3 now) .

The R5 is significantly easier to proc though,

Of course , those with a negative efficiency play style may have a different opinion.

Is Energize by itself good?

It is still sufficiently strong on any frame that either has channeled abilities or has frequent casting required (more effective with primed flow).

• Like 1

I don't know why people still complain about energy. Like, energy should be the least of your worries right now. Like, just look at this:

- 100x Energy pizza packs
- Arcane Energize
- Energizing Shot (yes, it can be used with Arcane Energize)
- Energy Generator (Dethcube unique mod. With the right setup and weapon, you will always be getting energy from your cube)
- Zenurik

I mean, I run an energy hungry frame which is frost, and just by using 3 of the 5 methods above, i never run out of energy, ever. (if you wanna know, i have my dethcube with the energy generator mod, i use arcane energize maxed ofc, and zenurik)

• Like 4

If you're using Zenurik/pads, Energize does not really make a difference. There are many other more useful Arcanes when playing frames such as Loki, Gauss, Ash, etc.

However, when running channelled ability frames (Ivara, Equinox, just to name a couple of examples), Energize can make a big difference as it allows you to keep your energy topped up during said ability, meaning you don't have to waste time cancelling and re-activating.

• Like 4

OP you're also forgetting that energy orbs are everywhere in a lot of missions, especially with other people. 

That's why theres a cooldown because it would proc too often. As I'm typing this I just realized that's why it was nerfed lol. Wearing 2 energize back then was definitely OP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yakhul said:

I don't know why people still complain about energy.

I don't think anyone's complaining. Just discussing -- there's different ways to get energy. Is AE a good one? That's the question.

Edited by FadeToNull

1 hour ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

OP you're also forgetting that energy orbs are everywhere in a lot of missions, especially with other people.

I remembered orbs. Have another look.

Anyway thanks for the info. I didn't know it had been nerfed.

It's a nice arcane for channeling frames or those that sit at negative or neutral efficiency, if you play a spammy frame and have already maxed efficiency it is either zenurik tree or energize that is needed. Both are kinda overkill since your most expensive skill in a maxed efficiency build costs 25 and zenurik already gives you 2 energy bonuses alone, one when you pick up orbs aswell as the dash that gives you 5E/sec, so the dash alone means you can cast your most expensive skill each 5 seconds.

Personally I skip it on many frames since I tend to run maxed efficiency and zenurik.

To me it sounded worthless...  but if you guys are saying it will free me from having to use Zenurik school on a caster frame.....I might have to farm one up and try it... (I sold the first one I maxed from SS before trying it lol).   

Ember being more tanky now has let her be melee focus'ed.  Because of Zenurik I dont have combo duration from Naramon.  Which means I have to build that into her weapon.  I went even a step further and just dumped combo all together and just gave her a really high starting CC.  I can feel the lack of crits in hard content but it can still get the job done, it just takes longer lol.    But if I could get rid of Zen school... go back to Naramon or give Madurai a shot (with its damage bonus nodes).   My ember could hit a whole new level of power which is pretty damn scary already.  

But.......I dont know..... sometimes I get lost going berzerk with Ember and suffer energy dumps lol....  Zenurik gets me back in the fight pretty quickly.  Energy = damage reduction so not having any or being slow to get it.. that could kill me... 

vor 46 Minuten schrieb (PS4)AbBaNdOn_:

To me it sounded worthless...  but if you guys are saying it will free me from having to use Zenurik school on a caster frame.....I might have to farm one up and try it... (I sold the first one I maxed from SS before trying it lol).   

Ember being more tanky now has let her be melee focus'ed.  Because of Zenurik I dont have combo duration from Naramon.  Which means I have to build that into her weapon.  I went even a step further and just dumped combo all together and just gave her a really high starting CC.  I can feel the lack of crits in hard content but it can still get the job done, it just takes longer lol.    But if I could get rid of Zen school... go back to Naramon or give Madurai a shot (with its damage bonus nodes).   My ember could hit a whole new level of power which is pretty damn scary already.  

But.......I dont know..... sometimes I get lost going berzerk with Ember and suffer energy dumps lol....  Zenurik gets me back in the fight pretty quickly.  Energy = damage reduction so not having any or being slow to get it.. that could kill me... 

vaz is way better then zen for my play style. i prefer tank frames with powerful guns and strong self heal. 

1 operator arcane is all the healing I need.   For melee's I love Naramon for combo duration or Madurai for +Damage.   Freeing up a mod slot on weapons by not needing combo duration is pretty HUGE. I usually use it to slot both crit dmage mods.  If not crit damage then more crit chance or speed.   

7 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

Does it look like I'm joking? But I don't blame you for only knowing 1 way to play frost. 

It is really funny the first time i get to the name of the frame. because i was expecting 5 other frames with energy hunger like oberon, mesa, ember, mirage bomb spamming, and even mag or edgy old draco excalibur javelin spamming ... u know ... the frames that would actually want a trinity on a team comp.

i only use frost for fashion frame now but as i recall, excluding situations where u need to exploit the invulnerability phase to keep defense target alive on extremely high level content (which for the moment vazarin dash is clearly superior to), then none of his other skills have the damage potential that worth spamming. Avalanche? may be ... but it deal flat damage, armor reduction is nice but trivialized a long time ago by other methods of doing so 

I would be genuinely surprise if there is an effective frost energy hunger build that isn't just having bad build efficiency.