Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Zato pipe replica - finished!

Felarof

This project is finished, so I'm collecting all the progress pictures here for ease of read 🙂

cwGA1wj.jpg

DETAIL PHOTOS

Spoiler
  • 6yMoH01.jpg

kwJi6PG.jpg

YVya5w0.jpg

PROGRESS PICTURES

Spoiler

Since I have a lot more time due to recent events I started working on a replica project for the pipe that is part of the Excalibur Zato Deluxe skin animation.

So I used captura to get a good image of the pipe itself to create a template :

D7V2MaG.jpg

And then used reclaimed materials from my garage to build it (leftover pine wood and aluminum rod).

HrMd1I8.jpg

Then I started the "sculpting", for that I use a rotary tool.

OSkrJtA.jpg

Sculpted the "nozzle" and cut the holes with a handsaw.

5ysB7r6.jpg

Finished sculpting the basic shapes, now onto details!

3W1zKWM.jpg

Sculpted all the little details that I missed. Now I need to add the swirly thing around the rod, add some more details and sand it smooth, then it's onto painting!

mpM5Oj8.jpg

5a8EEhn.jpg

Added the swirly thing around the pipe out of green stuff I had left from my Warhammer days, and added texture with wood glue, but it's barely visible in this photo.

4rYHTLJ.jpg

Primed the pipe with gray matte primer

0BUKJiS.jpg

Blocked out the various parts with basecoats 

bLPkDWJ.jpg

30 minutes ago, Savire510 said:

This is amazing.

Ofcourse you need to learn by memory Excalibur Zato Noble/Agile animations to actually use this pipe, thats the law. 😛

also, damn, excal fingers dont look healthy

Challenge accepted ! (also, have you seen his teeth with this skin, nastyyy lol)

11 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

if you manage to make a working pipe out of that it'd be next level impressive.

I wish I had the skills to do that, maybe if I make a second one someday!

Tonight update: didn't work on it a lot today but I sculpted the "nozzle" and cut the holes with a handsaw.

Also excuse the s**tty neon lighting in this pic, which makes everything look flat, but I had no other option since it was already dark out 😅

5ysB7r6.jpg

On 2020-04-21 at 1:24 AM, Savire510 said:

Looks great so far.

Devs need to see this.

Thank you! 

I'll definitely take beauty shots of this when it's finished and send it on Twitter to the comminity team 🙂

I'm back with a little update: sculpted all the little details that I missed. Now I need to add the swirly thing around the rod, add some more details and sand it smooth, then it's onto painting! I'm debating if I should follow the "original" color pallet or go with something slightly different 🤔

mpM5Oj8.jpg

5a8EEhn.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 2020-04-24 at 7:04 AM, Felarof said:

They look like teeth lol

Reveal hidden contents

rwcKCvF.jpg

Hey I’ll definitely pay you if you can make that work and smokable and I’m serious. If you can please let me know Excal is my favorite just got umbra and I’d love to have something to smoke out of when he does he animations to make it feel like warframe and Operator truly connected. 

• 4 weeks later...

Rushing to finish this to submit for the Tennocon Art Show 🤞

Added the swirly thing around the pipe out of green stuff I had left from my Warhammer days, and added texture with wood glue, but it's barely visible in this photo.

I'm planning to add the ribbon and energy sphere like in the concept art by Liger Inuzuka (as seen here )

4rYHTLJ.jpg

Primed the pipe with gray matte primer

0BUKJiS.jpg

Blocked out the various parts with basecoats 

bLPkDWJ.jpg

PS: I promise once it's finished I'm gonna take better photos (possibly a 60 second video for the Tenncon Art Show submission) with my dslr

5 hours ago, Felarof said:

I managed to finish it in time for the TennoCon Art Show deadline 😄

I'm quite happy of how it turned out, and I think the red ribbon really complements the overall look 🙂

Looks better than i imagined, great work!

Archived