The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr's abilities

Thulcandra

Listen, I miss grabbing enemies with her foot and finishing them too, but honestly, the new stomp is better. With a proper build it does amazing damage as long as you actually hit an enemy with it (based an where you are aiming), which makes it useful against enemies that can’t be grappled.

Edited by (PS4)sister-hawk

9 hours ago, Thulcandra said:

million dmg for a single target

no you can still archive that amount of dmg with various frames/weapons. 

9 hours ago, Thulcandra said:

That means you and your team have to care about a dangerous enemy more than a 10 sec than 1

Warframe is a horde shooter so normal grunts can be killed pretty quick. However (Mini-)Bosses and higher level enemys does need a little more cautious acting.

20 часов назад, Thulcandra сказал:

if everything is ok with my fav frame.

Sigh

Don't want to dissapoint ya, but Valkyr is forgoten, outdated and ignored for YEARS now. And there is little to no hope for a rework. Better use Umbra or ther melee frame - they ll superiour

I've always used an Eternal Warcry build with Valkyr. Faster attacks with heavy weapons seem to do better than damage from her claws right now, if only because the melee reach with her claws is short by comparison and heavy attacks with her ability 4 is not that impressive. Her Hysteria melee attacks dont have flow or mobility (in addition to range, which doesn't scale with ability-range) but her Hysteria augment is fun. A shame you have to burn a slot for an augment to make it "fun". The Ripline is useless with parkour as is, does nothing for damage, trolls other players, and even as CC it's more annoying than useful. Her ability 3 could be nice if it had some synergy, like performing executes on paralyzed enemies renews the AoE slow effect from Warcry on nearby enemies... She needs some attention. DE doesn't seem to want to look at her because of the elephant in the room, Invincibility.

15 hours ago, Thulcandra said:

So yes then million dmg for a single target is gone? Thanks for letting me know that and btw it does not making an amazing dmg. That means you and your team have to care about a dangerous enemy more than a 10 sec than 1... looks like that's it after all these years and game time warframe will be out of my library forever I'm bored of disrespectful cringe nonsense gameplay uptades. Hope no one's fav characters gameplay killed by DE like Valkyr with every damn melee uptade, making someone's skill kit/signature unusable than adding your "new style" as a adjustable feature is disrespectful and amateurish.

Bye.

1) Stop being such a drama queen.

2) Have you actually tried using the heavy attack to hit an enemy with? I mean hit them directly? Have you tried a build that includes corrupt charge and sacrificial steel? I think you are missing out because you seem to think her new stomp does nothing but throw enemies into the air.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)LoneWolf_001 said:

I've always used an Eternal Warcry build with Valkyr. Faster attacks with heavy weapons seem to do better than damage from her claws right now, if only because the melee reach with her claws is short by comparison and heavy attacks with her ability 4 is not that impressive. Her Hysteria melee attacks dont have flow or mobility (in addition to range, which doesn't scale with ability-range) but her Hysteria augment is fun. A shame you have to burn a slot for an augment to make it "fun". The Ripline is useless with parkour as is, does nothing for damage, trolls other players, and even as CC it's more annoying than useful. Her ability 3 could be nice if it had some synergy, like performing executes on paralyzed enemies renews the AoE slow effect from Warcry on nearby enemies... She needs some attention. DE doesn't seem to want to look at her because of the elephant in the room, Invincibility.

Right around the new year it was hinted on a dev stream that she was getting a rework as well as a new deluxe skin.

• Like 1

On 2020-04-21 at 4:22 PM, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

Stop being such a drama queen.

2) Have you actually tried using the heavy attack to hit an enemy with? I mean hit them directly? Have you tried a build that includes corrupt charge and sacrificial steel? I think you are missing out because you seem to think her new stomp does nothing but throw enemies into the air.

Edited by Thulcandra

17 hours ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

Right around the new year it was hinted on a dev stream that she was getting a rework as well as a new deluxe skin.

i hope she doesnt lose her hysteria's invincibility,  if that is removed, than all it will become is just a discount war cry.

as far as my brother and i are concerned, hysteria itself is fine. out of all her powers, its her ripline that truly needs some attention, despite what nolazyshadow seems to think, she isnt a trash frame, nor was she gutted by melee 3.0, infact, as my brother has experienced, she actually became far stronger.  i can record proof of this if anyone wants to debate that with me, im more than willing to back up what i say

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (XB1)Neon Lights9212 said:

i hope she doesnt lose her hysteria's invincibility,  if that is removed, than all it will become is just a discount war cry.

as far as my brother and i are concerned, hysteria itself is fine. out of all her powers, its her ripline that truly needs some attention, despite what nolazyshadow seems to think, she isnt a trash frame, nor was she gutted by melee 3.0, infact, as my brother has experienced, she actually became far stronger.  i can record proof of this if anyone wants to debate that with me, im more than willing to back up what i say

I agree for the most part. Especially with the Ripline bit. I bet DE could just have that be a basic parkour element for her, "jump while aim gliding to Ripline."

9 hours ago, (PS4)LoneWolf_001 said:

I agree for the most part. Especially with the Ripline bit. I bet DE could just have that be a basic parkour element for her, "jump while aim gliding to Ripline."

that would actually be perfect, now what would be a good replacement for ripline?  i dont think valkyr needs a mobility power, it doesnt suit her (which is why i have no problem with hysterical assault being an augment instead of it being innate to the power)  maybe something similar to slash dash but with her claws?  like a watered down hysterical assault that has damage in it instead of range?

• Like 1

On 2020-04-21 at 8:19 AM, NoLazyShadow said:

Sigh

Don't want to dissapoint ya, but Valkyr is forgoten, outdated and ignored for YEARS now. And there is little to no hope for a rework. Better use Umbra or ther melee frame - they ll superiour

Valkyr does need work on skills 1 (complete rework), 2 moving the slow to 3 and reducing energy to 50. Then 3, add slow and increase range.

As far as melee frames go, exalted weapons are dead. There are 2 questions for melee viablity:

1. Do you have any modifiers for melee damage?

2. Do you have the survivability?

With the right setup, warcry is double damage. Valkyr is pretty survivable. Only frame currently better than Valkyr in melee is Gauss. Poster boy is currently in a poor situation. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Valkyr does need work on skills 1 (complete rework), 2 moving the slow to 3 and reducing energy to 50. Then 3, add slow and increase range.

As far as melee frames go, exalted weapons are dead. There are 2 questions for melee viablity:

With the right setup, warcry is double damage. Valkyr is pretty survivable. Only frame currently better than Valkyr in melee is Gauss. Poster boy is currently in a poor situation. 

Gauss? I was kinda' disappointed and shelved him. What's your build? Just curious.

6 часов назад, (PS4)thegarada сказал:

Umbra can bost melee damage with third(augment is mandatory) ability. He have pretty solid survivability, limited invincibility and mobilty, strong cc.

Garuda is your chose #2. She can tank frontal damage, quickly close distance with enemy(something what Valkyr should do without hysteria augment), heal and debuff enemy groups

Gauss can work as non traditional melee frame with big survivability, mobility and debufs to keep enemies in 'chiil out' state.

14 минут назад, (PS4)LoneWolf_001 сказал:

Gauss? I was kinda' disappointed and shelved him. What's your build? Just curious.

Pretty sure it has something to do with blind rage, range and durability mods. He can generate energy on the fly

3 hours ago, (PS4)LoneWolf_001 said:

Duration. His 4 and 2 are duration based. Skill 4 strength is based on duration (dunno why). Does not matter what else you use. You get CC immunity, near damage immunity, free hunter's adrenaline, bonus to melee damage and melee attack speed. Plus random CC. 

2 hours ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Umbra can bost melee damage with third(augment is mandatory) ability. He have pretty solid survivability, limited invincibility and mobilty, strong cc.

Garuda is your chose #2. She can tank frontal damage, quickly close distance with enemy(something what Valkyr should do without hysteria augment), heal and debuff enemy groups

Gauss can work as non traditional melee frame with big survivability, mobility and debufs to keep enemies in 'chiil out' state.

Pretty sure it has something to do with blind rage, range and durability mods. He can generate energy on the fly

Compared to Umbra, Valkyr can have consistent over 100% melee atk speed (which is double damage, and I can get 140% with my setup for pushing solo survivability). And while both frames have exact HP Valkyr has 400 extra base armor and ability to add close to 1K additional armor. Umbra surely has better CC, but that is about it. Garuda is one of my most played frames. On paper she is great. In reality she is not, cuz her passive and skill 4 are highly inconsistent, and that is where the damage is at. She is far from being top melee frame. 

Again, I do think Valkyr is there yet. Skill 1 needs rework and skills 2&3 need tweaks. But people are somewhat still hung up in the pre-melee update (where Valkyr surely was bad). Since melee weapons now deal all the damage, it is just survivability and modifiers.