Dev Note: The Intermission that lasted 6 months is ending in 2 Weeks!

41 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

See you later in May for NIGHTWAVE SERIES 3: GLASSMAKER!

Yeah but will it finally deliver on the promise of "be rewarded passively as you play"? Cause with 6 months minus 2 days to go, by just playing the game the way I normally do, I only ended up at rank 16. So, will that be fixed or should I keep on trashing Trashwave as I always do until you deliver on your promises?

• Like 27
43 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

With Series 3, we wanted to attempt a course-correct back to delivering an update that hopefully has a first impression we can stand behind. 

That is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear. 

Let's hope it won't disappoint.

• Like 25

@[DE]Rebecca

This is wonderful news. However...

Can you please INCREASE Nightwave Intermission II rank cap up to 150?

Several of your veteran and loyal player base have hit the cap and have had zero rewards of any kind from Nightwave for  ~5 weeks now. Though we have finished multiple of the NW requirements passively/actively regardless. 

Please do not negate the work and progress veteran/consistent/loyal players put into the game they love. 

Please up the cap. You did it once, it needs to be done again. 

Thanks.

Edited by DRAG0NFALC0N
  • Like 23
4 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Yeah but will it finally deliver on the promise of "be rewarded passively as you play"? Cause with 6 months minus 2 days to go, by just playing the game the way I normally do, I only ended up at rank 16. So, will that be fixed or should I keep on trashing Trashwave as I always do until you deliver on your promises?

A couple of points:

1) That's still 16 ranks of rewards. if you actually want what's there, you should put a little bit of effort in.

2) Once I get all the Nightwave rewards I tend to ignore the prestige ranks, since I don't need any more nitain and already own all the helmets. Even so, I'm at prestige rank 23 and I've not been playing a great deal recently.

• Like 37

Maybe it will be better.  I'm hopeful it will.

But with that being said:

If this happens again, I would vote for two separate intermissions spanning those six months rather than one.  Since this one was just recycled rewards (AND AN UMBRAL FORMA), you could just recycle rewards again (AND GIVE US ANOTHER UMBRAL FORMA).  I'm sure you didn't plan on it lasting this long, but I would've rather had a fresh intermission with quality rewards around the time you bumped the max Nightwave rank up rather than grinding for 15 paltry credits per rank.  That's just my two cents.

• Like 20

I understand stuff gets delayed and/or deprioritized due to a number of reasons but my issue with the intermission is that when it became clear that it was going to be up for a while, rather then resetting the nightwave and giving us a chance at worthwhile rewards that are exclusive to it, the waves were just extended out 30 at a time. For content that is supposed to motivate people to log in to complete challenges, this was a horrible solution. Please remove the 15 credits past 30 and build in a proper prestige system for people that complete the 30 tiers.

Edited by xRufus7x
  • Like 25

Finally! Time to finish off the last few prestige ranks and wait for the next one. Looking forward to what the next one brings! Thanks.

Just now, LoopStricken said:

A couple of points:

1) That's still 16 ranks of rewards. if you actually want what's there, you should put a little bit of effort in.

2) Once I get all the Nightwave rewards I tend to ignore the prestige ranks, since I don't need any more nitain and already own all the helmets. Even so, I'm at prestige rank 23 and I've not been playing a great deal recently.

1. 16 ranks in 6 months, which is not the usual duration of a Trashwave. Plus, they advertised it as "get rewarded passively as you play", and I'll hold all 30 ranks to that false advertising.

2. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ What am I supposed to answer?

• Like 2
On 2020-04-20 at 8:21 PM, LoopStricken said:

Does that mean Glassmaker begins on the 4th?

Unlikely. Usually there's at least a week of downtime, and she said "later in May"

Edit: A week or two.

Edited by --N--
  • Like 3
13 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

16 Ranks in 6 months of play?

What have you been doing for the last 6 months? Bullet jumping around in your Orbiter, listening to Ordis?

• Like 32

i figured as much since steves dev stream comment to the effect of "we had some internal struggles on which way to go or if it was the right move [making nw more interactive]". i have always thought nw was the perfect avenue to have a continual solo story mode that could be updated all the time without a huge overhaul. its previous form to me was lame af tbh. i for one am excited to see what u did n even if it sux if its how i think u did it its prolly a step in the right direction. also ya u guys got sandwiched between major updates n covid so i wont even *@##$ about length. in hindsight of covid glassmaker shoulda dropped 1st so we coulda had it to do while ss was finished...meh S#&$ happens an i hope its a success! cant wait.

• Like 3

Got a pop-up in my orbiter while modding. Could hardly believe it, I had to check the forums right away. Can't wait to see what the glass maker is about. It surely is a very mysterious title. 

• Like 1

Finally but lets be honest at the same time... nightwave needs a rethink, it just isn't viable for you as developers to maintain a story based regularly released content as well as the main content. 

IMO you need to convert it to a store where we can just buy stuff as we want/need it, even if you need to stick certain items (such as umbra) behind mr locks to stop people getting them too early. 

It's also 'good timing' in my case... I have no more ranks available and I wasn't even rushing to do them...

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 15

Thank goodness

Side question: When are we getting more sources for Umbral Forma? Nightwave has proven to be a major time gate for earning it and I was wondering if there were additional permanent ideas for players being able to earn it in the works.

Additional umbral mods can wait until then.

Edited by Totterson
  • Like 6
2 minutes ago, dragonseth07 said:

16 Ranks in 6 months of play?

What have you been doing for the last 6 months? Bullet jumping around in your Orbiter, listening to Ordis?

At least bullet jumping would finish a Trashwave challenge every now and then. But apparently playing the game like a normal human being doesn't.

• Like 3

For future Nightwaves, intermission or main series, can we please have an uncapped number of Prestige Ranks, or a cap so high we aren't going to reach it if uncapping isn't possible due to programming? Going over a month without any way to earn Nitain or taters (outside of Sorties or invasions or GotL), or weekly shop selection of mods, cosmetics, and other things, is both incredibly annoying and actually discourages play. 4-5 ranks can be earned each week if a player is especially devoted to Nightwave through challenges alone (not including backlog challenges), 90 ranks goes by in a flash.

• Like 5

Finally, with GLASSMAKER, we'll learn about the Corpus chairman who rose to the top of the board by hostile monopolisation of Corpus Ship Window manufacturing rights, and get our long-awaited lore explanation of why their ships are so painfully fragile and prone to decompression breaches!

..Or something less memey, but in my heart, this is who GLASSMAKER will always be.

• Like 21
  • [DE]Helen locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic