Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Note: The Intermission that lasted 6 months is ending in 2 Weeks!

[DE]Rebecca

On 2020-04-20 at 1:29 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno,

As you’ll soon see in our marketing channels, Intermission II is ending on May 3 on all platforms. Spend your Intermission II Cred! In the coming weeks, Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker will start to unfold, with a whole new series of exclusive Rewards and newly added challenges -- many designed and suggested by the community!. 

But onto the elephant in the room: “Why did Intermission II last so long”?

This post is to explain why; 

The short answer to ‘why’ is because of the want to put not only the much emphasized ‘more Lore’ within the series, but also add a taste more of interactivity with Nora’s storytelling. 

The long answer is one rooted by setback after setback we have faced as developers due to our own choices - we are entirely responsible for each additional day this Intermission II lasted. We have had issues with timing, creative choices, a bit of a work-from-home interruption, and more. But when each of those issues is scrutinized, they all fall back to one major issue: quality. 

A third entry into the Nightwave system is a lower-risk for quality - but what surrounds its development is extremely high risk - Scarlet Spear, Railjack, Warframe Revised, these labour- and creative-intensive updates have all impacted our ability to release Series 3. Each update brought a new set of fresh challenges and problems to solve, which unfortunately pushed the goalpost further back. 

We are responsible for the quality of our releases, and when it comes to Series 3, we do not want its functionality to be what you’re focused on. We don’t want you to have questions of ‘will it work’ at a functional level, but rather, ‘will it work’ at a conceptual and storytelling level. With Series 3, we wanted to attempt a course-correct back to delivering an update that hopefully has a first impression we can stand behind. 

See you later in May for NIGHTWAVE SERIES 3: GLASSMAKER! 

I don't want to sound rude, but when is the release date for NW 3? Since it ended May 3rd, I guess I was expecting NW 3 to start on Monday. 

I'm not happy about the challenges being "dumbed down". Unless it changed, you only have to complete 70% of the total challenges to get to rank 30. If you can't do them, don't. Don't ruin ( I guess ) other player's enjoyment.

I wish the just kept the Alarms, rotating them each hour with the "challenges" from Nightwave, earning NW Creds this way and just put Nora into a new Room on a Relais with her shop. Just cap how much you can earn per Day/Week and update the store every 2-3 Months. Would be much easier to maintain. Instead we got a boring laundry list with a attached "Story" to it which no one can play if he wasnt in time. *Sigh* So much wasted potential. As usual.

Am I wrong or during Prime Time it was mentioned that consoles will get Railjack Revised together with Nightwave?

And I think DE won't drop Railjack Revised until Scarlet Spear ends, which is the 14th...propbably because the Revision would break Scarlet Spear

So, my safe bet is May 14th...probably Railjack Revised has even already gone through cert, we just have to wait

I understand that PC players might get very frustrated if the delay is tied to the consoles...for what it matters, I'm sorry

2 hours ago, ValinorAtani said:

Instead we got a boring laundry list with a attached "Story" to it which no one can play if he wasnt in time. *Sigh* So much wasted potential. As usual.

You can replay every story diorama if you click the TUNE IN button on the Nightwave screen. You technically only miss out on the exclusive rewards but Intermissions always include some or all of them from previous episodes.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Am I wrong or during Prime Time it was mentioned that consoles will get Railjack Revised together with Nightwave?

And I think DE won't drop Railjack Revised until Scarlet Spear ends, which is the 14th...propbably because the Revision would break Scarlet Spear

So, my safe bet is May 14th...probably Railjack Revised has even already gone through cert, we just have to wait

I understand that PC players might get very frustrated if the delay is tied to the consoles...for what it matters, I'm sorry

This makes sense because Nightwave is synced between platforms.

However, if this really is the case, there was absolutely no reason to end Nightwave on May 3rd. It's still more than a week until May 14th. We could have use that time to collect and spend our Creds, and now we can't do anything.

6 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

What do you think?, no really, I mean that.

Out-right verbally tearing players down, shutting down any type of "negativeness" that goes his/her way and ingoreing what you are trying to mention. The clue is right in-front of you.

excuse me? Is this about me or am I just confused. I feel like you are putting more into what I've said than is actually there. 🙄

Im just a little confused why you would take it down if you weren't ready to replace it. You could have kept the intermission running for people that haven't maxed it yet. I've seen plenty of new players while running around on earth.

43 minutes ago, Krysaria said:

Im just a little confused why you would take it down if you weren't ready to replace it. You could have kept the intermission running for people that haven't maxed it yet. I've seen plenty of new players while running around on earth.

They had six months to fill it out. Lol

Since console gets the Railjack update then I'm sure Nightwave season 3 will be released.

2 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

It's not your guys' fault at all - there's a long-winded process of certification for patches and they'd boxed themselves in to a corner with the delay in SS for consoles meaning it ends later. A lot of dominoes falling to cause a ruckus at the right time.

That said, it's the communication and choice of wording from DE that is the issue here; they didn't need to make this difficult, but specifically chose wording that mislead players. So the belief was that the Intermission's much awaited end date was also the beginning of chapter 3.

16 hours ago, Colyeses said:

It is what listening looks like if you want the game to have some remote semblance of balance. 

How would you balance the self damage when the EHP of frames are night and day? Someone like Vauban would never be able to use explosives, someone like Inaros could brush it off. 

The stagger and fall-off are counterweights to the fact that the weapon deals damage in a radius, which is, in most cases, required to keep it from being flat-out, objectively and in all cases, better than anything that isn't AoE. I mean, even with the annoying stagger and enormous fall-off, I don't think you'll find anyone to argue that the Bramma is anything less than S-tier, for example. Or the Lenz, for that matter. Even with the stagger and 'massive' fall-off. 

The only point that IS bad is that weapons that did not have self-damage now do, and that needs to be rectified. The rest is perfectly fine game design.

There's a dozen ways that just the community offered up and also that other games have done to have balanced self-damage.  It's not a difficult concept.  Literally just off the top of my head, having it be a % of health would put it on equal footing for every frame.  Or, having it be a flat amount allows tank frames to still be tank frames while still providing a penalty that matches gameplay.  If you're breezing through a mission anyway, chipping away at your own health by shotgunning enemies with a rocket launcher doesn't matter regardless.  If it's a hard fight, then blasting yourself at close range while the enemy is also chipping away at your health is tactically disadvantageous.  Again, there's a gigantic pile of other games that have self-damage without it feeling like a bunch of cheap BS.

Instead, they turned it into a self-stagger, which is annoying as hell, especially in a game already filled with player targeted CC, like knockdowns and grapples.  On top of that, a dozen new bugs emerged from the creation of self-knockdown.  On top of that they took the opportunity to nerf literally every AOE weapon 2 different ways.  Several mid-tier weapons were screwed over by this BS.  Who cares that a few weapons on the top end are still on the top end when there's a whole list of weapons that got screwed for no reason.  

Nothing about that, or them not understanding the definition of the word "intermission" is perfectly fine game design.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

They had six months to fill it out. Lol

Since console gets the Railjack update then I'm sure Nightwave season 3 will be released.

Yes, they had 6 months to fill it out.  But considering there were players that still needed ranks, maybe because they weren't playing 6 months ago, and considering they could have just uncapped the ranks for the players that were capped and still needed things from the store, and considering they aren't releasing the next series yet, there was zero reason to end it now.

2 hours ago, (PS4)unlucky__me said:

My guess is, The Glassmaker will be released, when Scarlet Spear on consoles ends. 

That‘s about 8 days. 

They said that Glassmaker will be released on consoles when Railjack Revisted: Part 1 is released on the 14th

i hear good stuff about RJ changes but the entire thing about nightwave...

What's the point of ending this one if another one wasn't even ready to be deployed? The way the post was there, I am pretty sure most of the community was pleased that finally its ending and another is starting.

I mean it's like completely missing the point of "Why we need another nightwave.or a new series" Because people were fed up with 15 credits per rank and no new / interesting rewards to look forward to. ''Prestige'' ranks are just by name, its worse than normal ranks. Getting more ranks there becomes optional. 

But we all dealt with it, longer than we should but we made it....for what? another slap on the face? Is it too hard to understand that we players were eagerly waiting for new one to come so that we can actually do something new.

Not even going to mention where the heck Primary kitguns are..they were supposed to be released with Scarlet spear. some of us were waiting for new toys to play with too. But no...

But please..its just a request on behalf of many..pls stop being vague and state things more clearly. because most of us are waiting for many things now. 

Stay safe everyone!

1 hour ago, EclipseIstaken said:

I thought 6 months of intermission II would give enough time for the glassmaker and it would release immediately instead of having 2 weeks delay i think? on PC 🤓

Consoles and their certification process happend

В 05.05.2020 в 17:39, DeLawrence сказал:

Why would they? It's their "pOliCy" to never give dates, since they might not make it in time for release. Understandable.

Only this time...this is a complete misstep on their part. Intermisison means a bridging gap between two acts. I still can't understand why they ended it this week instead of ending it exactly when Glassmaker drops. It's not like people cared about getting something out of the current intermission (spare me the nitain complaints...), but everyone understood that Intermission II finishing on the 3rd of May meant that NW S3, Glassmaker would start MONDAY, ON 4TH...It made sense, you end the current NW on Sunday, before the reset, next seaon drops monday so that you have a season consisting of full weeks, instead of one being shorter.

Why couldn't DE come out and say, "Glassmaker is not starting on the 4th of May" is beyond me...they're shooting themselves in the foot with each new thing they bring out. It's either broken, poorly relayed or not there at all. I thought we were on a good path with the recent revised stuff, but it seems we're back with the shenanigans. 

BTW, remember this?

Скрыть контент

C0ovkmC.png

Deadlock was supposed to come out in April, pardon me, they "targeted" an April launch.  Now, don't get me wrong, I understand the difficulty of working in the current world flow, with the WFH and the Pandemic, which is exactly why we need transparency. WE UNDERSTAND, just freakin TELL US. 

Everybody looked forward to the NW, especially since the little murder mystery aspect was showcased on one of the devstreams and I bet at least half of those people are disappointed or downright enraged. They have the right to be.

god,this screenshot is savage 😄

Archived