Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Note: The Intermission that lasted 6 months is ending in 2 Weeks!

[DE]Rebecca

Can't even begin to imagine what Nightwave as a feature went through to get over... whatever the development hurdles were, to get it to where it currently is on the dev build.

Hoping for a smooth release and an intriguing story.

Continue to stay safe over there! 👋🙂

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

But onto the elephant in the room: “Why did Intermission II last so long”?

I get your reasons why Series 3 was delayed and honestly I don't have any problem with all that.  What doesn't make sense is you should have, could have done 2 separate intermissions back to back instead of one big LOOOOOOONNNNNG one.  I hit level 30 and stopped caring and that was like 4 months ago or something.  I don't play NW for credits so prestige ranks are meaningless to me and I imagine to a lot of players.

If you want to hand out extremely rare items like Umbral formas via nightware then you have to give us consistent timing.  But I guess this is nothing new.  Sortie "seasons" died for exactly this same problem with you guys being unable to keep up a schedule.  Always nice to see a 2015 problem re-appear in a 2020 game mode.

Good, I'm looking forward to it. And good for you taking a step back and examining all the things you're doing. Hopefully future releases will be better thought out, more complete and less bug ridden. Even if they do take longer to produce, it will be worth the wait. And if you're going to push out a mess, specially one that differs significantly from what was shown, come straight out and tell us. Honesty, even when it's painful, is always better than half truths, gross exaggerations and downright make believe.

First off condolences about the departure of Spacemom's(tm) feline companion.  Many sympathies.

Secondly; despite the bile and hate and other garbage spewing from some of the posters in other threads, GLITCHES ASIDE (and my god were there a number; still haven't gotten my lotus muzzle-flash back on the Dex Furis) I have actually been liking the Scarlet Spear and being able to pick & choose what challenges to do with the intermission II.

Understood with the multiple issues over at the Dev & Tech side of why Season 3 has been [DE]layed, but to mea-culpa on behalf of the player base, yes, we DO want more lore and variation of challenges so... as long as Nora-Knightly can deliver us the goods with minimal glitches or hitches, I'll happily eat my share of crow for being one of the multitude wanting "MAOR LOR!"

Stay safe, keep the faith and make sure your Skanna is sharp.

See you in the Origin, Tenno.

~Shemarria; 109th. Deth-Fairy Airborne.
"Death from all angles"

vor 3 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

We are responsible for the quality of our releases, and when it comes to Series 3, we do not want its functionality to be what you’re focused on. We don’t want you to have questions of ‘will it work’ at a functional level, but rather, ‘will it work’ at a conceptual and storytelling level. With Series 3, we wanted to attempt a course-correct back to delivering an update that hopefully has a first impression we can stand behind. 

very good conclusion of the last months.

looking forward to the next updates. focus the quality for sure.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

also add a taste more of interactivity with Nora’s storytelling. 

Oh, no. This sounds suspiciously like we're going to have to listen to her inane pretentious rambling even more.

But, really. Uh. Hooray, it's ending? As many others have said: I do not care if the stories take six months between them or whatever, but you REALLY need to reconsider how you handle "intermissions".

Hope you doing alright now Reb. 

1. Can we have more nightwave credits in upcoming season after the 30 levels are done? 15 per pop after the first 30 levels is too low.

2. Is it possible to introduce umbra forma in the nightwave store?

3. Is it possible to introduce rotations of frame and more weapon skins that cost platinum in the nightwave store?

Thanks!

Not to rub salt in the wound too much, but a profound realization hit me this morning. 
"What's amazing to me is that Monster Hunter World - a game that's already felt complete and you don't expect further updates from - has been outpacing Warframe - y'know, the game that built up its entire reputation on a rapid update cycle - on updates this year." 
Granted, I know it's not entirely fair to compare a 15 year pedigree to 8, and this is only regarding actual major updates (not counting hotfixes) but still. What a wild statement to have actually be accurate. 

I wonder what "interactive" means in all this... like will the Tenno have some kind of an effect in the story (because we're hearing about it so we could, like, act on it)? Wolf story was okay, like he trolled us we got to fight him, but I don't even remember if there was a conclusion to the whole story. Arlo's story started out promising then just went huh? and we didn't even got to fight him or see what became of him and his cult. It would be nice to have It would be nice if it'd be more than Nora's saying weird cryptic things and then the season ends.

Will echo what's been said numerous times in the last few months, please consider how you will handle the future setbacks with goalposts with regards to Nightwave. I imagine (although I pray not, but we gotta take our lessons from history) that this upcoming NW will over run its course.

Considering any unique rewards are likely going to be recycled anyway, please please look to reset the NW with an intermission periodically, as the prestige system at the moment is not very rewarding. I would much rather work towards unique rewards (the forma we all want but can't get enough of) with a reset of the Nightwave every 3 months instead of earning prestige rank credits which have little to no use to me.

Really hope to see some format changes to what's so far not been any better than the previous alert system it came to conquer.

While maybe you guys should've just refreshed Nightwave Intermission I'm really happy to see that you guys are acknowledging what went wrong. 

It really means a lot to me, and I'm sure other people as well, that you guys can be transparent like this. While the last 3 updates weren't the best of quality this makes me a lot happier that you guys are coming out and acknowledging mistakes. I can't wait to see Nightwave Series 3. 

so after being stuck again for weeks at the 3rd cap.. with those 2 additional weeks it will be like 6-8 weeks in total, where I couldn't get any of the rewards offered by nightwave.. yet you say something about quality and refer to railjack and scarlet spear update.. you've changed the "alert-system" how many years back now ?!

how are railjack and scarlet spear able to mess with nightwave scedule.. when the nightwave system is in place for years ? oh.. let me guess.. security issues maybe ? 😉

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

But onto the elephant in the room: “Why did Intermission II last so long”?

Why not have it so that the next time an Intermission has to last overly long, like 2 months at max, replace it with yet another refreshed Intermission, with refreshed rewards?  That'd make Intermissions at least that bit less stagnant, and give more breathing room for the next major story/lore based Nightwave.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

See you later in May for NIGHTWAVE SERIES 3: GLASSMAKER! 

Can you clarify if we will have to wait another few weeks after the 3rd or if Glassmaker will actually start right after?

Because this makes it sound suspiciously like there is an even further delay hidden behind these words.

11 minutes ago, KuroB said:

Can you clarify if we will have to wait another few weeks after the 3rd or if Glassmaker will actually start right after?

Because this makes it sound suspiciously like there is an even further delay hidden behind these words.

Well with all the nightwaves so far, current season ends with a week downtime and then the new one starts. So glass maker should happen on the 10th otherwise i wouldn't see why they be making this post if it wasn't ready to ship

Archived