Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Note: The Intermission that lasted 6 months is ending in 2 Weeks!

[DE]Rebecca

I'm happy that Nightwave 3 is gonna start soon-ish, but I'll be honest, these things sound like red flags to me:

> The short answer to ‘why’ is because of the want to put not only the much emphasized ‘more Lore’ within the series, but also add a taste more of interactivity with Nora’s storytelling. 

> We don’t want you to have questions of ‘will it work’ at a functional level, but rather, ‘will it work’ at a conceptual and storytelling level.

Sounds like it'll have a very experimental interactive component, which in itself has become a red flag in lieu of the last couple major updates. It also sounds like what DE_Steve talked about last devstream or so, calling it a system that has the devstream internally divided. Also sounds pretty alarming to me personally.

I'll really love it if Nightwave could just be cheap, regular, bread-and-butter reward-based content. Bells and whistles are nice, but should IMO be extras, not something that holds back a release significantly. There's other types of content that's already established to be all about bells and whistles and cool "hey wouldn't it be cool if we could give our players that". I think it's fine for Nightwave to be a stable, reliable airbag of sorts that players can always fall back on to work towards something even if the rest of the game is currently burning and screaming and not working right.

I mean, that's nice, but iirc the intention of Nightwave was to fill the gaps between updates since it was small, low effort content you can turn on when necessary. 

And then that idea was abandoned and now it's deep in-depth story telling? Maybe I'm misremembering, but I was under the impression the purpose of Nightwave was to tide players over, not serve as content itself. 

Regardless, I like these little adventures into the world of Warframe. 

Since I've been gone for the last year, I for one have been  happy with the long intermission: it let me complete all 30 levels! But yes, I totally get behind you to want to bring a quality product. The multitude of little problems with Scarlet Spear must have been a running  nightmare for you guys! Looking forward for the new serie, and thanks for the game!

6 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

1. 16 ranks in 6 months, which is not the usual duration of a Trashwave. Plus, they advertised it as "get rewarded passively as you play", and I'll hold all 30 ranks to that false advertising.

2. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ What am I supposed to answer?

My dude, they never advertised it as "get all rewards passively as you play" they advertised as "get rewarded passively as you play". No false advertising there. Furthermore, how in hell did you only get 16 ranks in 6 months. I stopped paying attention to nightwave at around rank 25 (several months ago) and passively got another 30 tiers on top of that.

TLDR you didn't do jack S#&$ over 6 months, but you still got rewarded. The fact that you feel so entitled now to complain about not getting all the rewards for your lack of effort is #*!%ed up man.

About time. Now please just tell me this is polished and finished, not a buggy mess like Scarlet Spear has been.

I am okay with waiting longer for quality content, but while waiting there should be more worthwhile rewards to earn. Like maybe adding an Umbra Forma to every 30th Prestige rank or running multiple intermissions between seasons.

Ok so ill wait til it comes out. Im rank 76 in this nightwave. Everything in the store is the same just about every other week. Theres nothing i want or need. Lost its fun. I hope the next nightwave has better store stuff amd doesnt repeat every other week by just moving them in different spots like we getting something new. Losing interest in warframe cause of this. Please for the love of us tennos make this one more worth it, cosmetic, mods and arcane wise! But we see what happens. Hooefully not the same helmets as this nightwave. Most of them suck!

Hi so I am already at the max rank for intermission 2. Does that mean any daily weekly acts I am doing from now on will be wasted effort? Also I cannot get any more credits to purchase nitain extract to build titania prime, and I cannot purchase nitain with plat, so imagine the frustration. Pls do something 

If the first 15 rank rewards are Umbra forma you are forgiven =P  (j/king nothing to forgive,  I've enjoyed all the other content you have put out).  

I've been around since the beginning of nightwave.   Challenge diversity was an issue,  Quantity of challenges is an issue.  Prestige rewards are an issue.  But that stuff is minor.  I still do nightwave and still get rewards so I was happy with Nightwave.   Hearing you talk about more interaction has me super curious what you mean.   I dont even wanna speculate lol.   

You said your bringing new challenges and new rewards and that was enough for me!   Cant wait to try it.  If you wanna know how I feel about nightwave....

ETwrLD4XkAcdd-H?format=jpg&name=large

I dont remember what happened with wolf..  I think there was other stuff to be doing in game around then and couldnt be bothered.  Or maybe it was real life stuff.. 

Cant help it...I get so pumped when new stuff is being put into the game.  Im sooo looking forward to the next Devstream.  

Happy to have Nightwave back, in my opinion I think it is a really important aspect of the game right now and it should be updated more regularly (I understand there were some setbacks sadly), to me Nightwave makes me want to actually play the game and look forward to get get new items because the rewards are nice specially the umbral formas and arcanes (arcanes not so much now because scarlet spear just offered them all to me xD).

One thing I think you could change for the next Intermissions is so that when you finish all the rewards for that Intermission, you get something different. I really dont know what exactly, but something like, if you already finished all the current rewards, let's reward you 1 umbral forma after you complete 10 more, or something else that actually makes you want to keep going. This probably doesnt affect newer players since they do need the credits to buy other stuff, but affects us veterans since we pretty much have everything.

Archived