Dev Note: The Intermission that lasted 6 months is ending in 2 Weeks!

I'm happy that Nightwave 3 is gonna start soon-ish, but I'll be honest, these things sound like red flags to me:

> The short answer to ‘why’ is because of the want to put not only the much emphasized ‘more Lore’ within the series, but also add a taste more of interactivity with Nora’s storytelling. 

> We don’t want you to have questions of ‘will it work’ at a functional level, but rather, ‘will it work’ at a conceptual and storytelling level.

Sounds like it'll have a very experimental interactive component, which in itself has become a red flag in lieu of the last couple major updates. It also sounds like what DE_Steve talked about last devstream or so, calling it a system that has the devstream internally divided. Also sounds pretty alarming to me personally.

I'll really love it if Nightwave could just be cheap, regular, bread-and-butter reward-based content. Bells and whistles are nice, but should IMO be extras, not something that holds back a release significantly. There's other types of content that's already established to be all about bells and whistles and cool "hey wouldn't it be cool if we could give our players that". I think it's fine for Nightwave to be a stable, reliable airbag of sorts that players can always fall back on to work towards something even if the rest of the game is currently burning and screaming and not working right.

• Like 5

I mean, that's nice, but iirc the intention of Nightwave was to fill the gaps between updates since it was small, low effort content you can turn on when necessary. 

And then that idea was abandoned and now it's deep in-depth story telling? Maybe I'm misremembering, but I was under the impression the purpose of Nightwave was to tide players over, not serve as content itself. 

Regardless, I like these little adventures into the world of Warframe. 

Edited by Eiddew
  • Like 3

Since I've been gone for the last year, I for one have been  happy with the long intermission: it let me complete all 30 levels! But yes, I totally get behind you to want to bring a quality product. The multitude of little problems with Scarlet Spear must have been a running  nightmare for you guys! Looking forward for the new serie, and thanks for the game!

Edited by tprx
6 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

1. 16 ranks in 6 months, which is not the usual duration of a Trashwave. Plus, they advertised it as "get rewarded passively as you play", and I'll hold all 30 ranks to that false advertising.

2. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ What am I supposed to answer?

My dude, they never advertised it as "get all rewards passively as you play" they advertised as "get rewarded passively as you play". No false advertising there. Furthermore, how in hell did you only get 16 ranks in 6 months. I stopped paying attention to nightwave at around rank 25 (several months ago) and passively got another 30 tiers on top of that.

TLDR you didn't do jack S#&$ over 6 months, but you still got rewarded. The fact that you feel so entitled now to complain about not getting all the rewards for your lack of effort is #*!%ed up man.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno,

As you’ll soon see in our marketing channels, Intermission II is ending on May 3 on all platforms. Spend your Intermission II Cred! In the coming weeks, Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker will start to unfold, with a whole new series of exclusive Rewards and newly added challenges -- many designed and suggested by the community!. 

But onto the elephant in the room: “Why did Intermission II last so long”?

This post is to explain why; 

The short answer to ‘why’ is because of the want to put not only the much emphasized ‘more Lore’ within the series, but also add a taste more of interactivity with Nora’s storytelling. 

The long answer is one rooted by setback after setback we have faced as developers due to our own choices - we are entirely responsible for each additional day this Intermission II lasted. We have had issues with timing, creative choices, a bit of a work-from-home interruption, and more. But when each of those issues is scrutinized, they all fall back to one major issue: quality. 

A third entry into the Nightwave system is a lower-risk for quality - but what surrounds its development is extremely high risk - Scarlet Spear, Railjack, Warframe Revised, these labour- and creative-intensive updates have all impacted our ability to release Series 3. Each update brought a new set of fresh challenges and problems to solve, which unfortunately pushed the goalpost further back. 

We are responsible for the quality of our releases, and when it comes to Series 3, we do not want its functionality to be what you’re focused on. We don’t want you to have questions of ‘will it work’ at a functional level, but rather, ‘will it work’ at a conceptual and storytelling level. With Series 3, we wanted to attempt a course-correct back to delivering an update that hopefully has a first impression we can stand behind. 

See you later in May for NIGHTWAVE SERIES 3: GLASSMAKER! 

I don't get what makes nightwave difficult. From the outside it seems like 'OK write script, get the VA in the booth, get someone to do the dioramas, and populate special mission nodes.' That... on the face of it, doesn't seem THAT tough beyond maybe designing a couple new augments.

By the by speaking of. any hint at what the mods will be this time?

I can remember making a topic suggesting a mutalist cernos augment that gives it a poor man's spagetti nidus enemy grab (limit six enemies i think) maybe with some sort of base crit chance raise or something like that? Can't find the topic.

About time. Now please just tell me this is polished and finished, not a buggy mess like Scarlet Spear has been.

I am okay with waiting longer for quality content, but while waiting there should be more worthwhile rewards to earn. Like maybe adding an Umbra Forma to every 30th Prestige rank or running multiple intermissions between seasons.

When comparing Intermission II and past Nightwave, Intermisssion II has less rank (reward) to the period.
It needs at least 120 ranks.
I suggest handing out the shortage Creds in Alert Mission.

Edited by dimekikko

One of best concepts for Warframe but really poorly implemented... it's too shallow make X with Y thing. 

Why don't make more meaningful missions and objectives? 

Edited by dioniso7

hhmmm, based on the 'why'... in layman term seems like Nightwave has slowly become part of the already mountain of main job scope? this is going to divide focus. It is not healthy in long run. You guys will burn-out.

Odd. The News mentioned rank 31.-90. giving 15 credits each..

I'm stuck at Rank 60 with no progression.

Edit:

Stupid me .. 60 prestige ranks + 30 normal ones .. garr 😄

Edited by Imladhrim
think before posting

Hek, it's about time!

Nightwave doesn't have to be this big, complicated thing. It's a battlepass! Keep it simple! Everything in the Leverian could've been a Nightwave season, for instance.

Ok so ill wait til it comes out. Im rank 76 in this nightwave. Everything in the store is the same just about every other week. Theres nothing i want or need. Lost its fun. I hope the next nightwave has better store stuff amd doesnt repeat every other week by just moving them in different spots like we getting something new. Losing interest in warframe cause of this. Please for the love of us tennos make this one more worth it, cosmetic, mods and arcane wise! But we see what happens. Hooefully not the same helmets as this nightwave. Most of them suck!

Hi so I am already at the max rank for intermission 2. Does that mean any daily weekly acts I am doing from now on will be wasted effort? Also I cannot get any more credits to purchase nitain extract to build titania prime, and I cannot purchase nitain with plat, so imagine the frustration. Pls do something 

If the first 15 rank rewards are Umbra forma you are forgiven =P  (j/king nothing to forgive,  I've enjoyed all the other content you have put out).  

I've been around since the beginning of nightwave.   Challenge diversity was an issue,  Quantity of challenges is an issue.  Prestige rewards are an issue.  But that stuff is minor.  I still do nightwave and still get rewards so I was happy with Nightwave.   Hearing you talk about more interaction has me super curious what you mean.   I dont even wanna speculate lol.   

You said your bringing new challenges and new rewards and that was enough for me!   Cant wait to try it.  If you wanna know how I feel about nightwave....

ETwrLD4XkAcdd-H?format=jpg&name=large

I dont remember what happened with wolf..  I think there was other stuff to be doing in game around then and couldnt be bothered.  Or maybe it was real life stuff.. 

Cant help it...I get so pumped when new stuff is being put into the game.  Im sooo looking forward to the next Devstream.  

I'm happy to see this coming back, but if you just keep something like this simple and enjoyable and slowly build on it, it can easily be liked by everyone. You don't have to overly build on stuff every time and cause delays..

• [DE]Helen locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic