Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Note: The Intermission that lasted 6 months is ending in 2 Weeks!

[DE]Rebecca

15 часов назад, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

See you later in May

Downtime between Nightwave acts? AGAIN? No, God, Please, No. NO!

I know it's been 6 months, but at least don't end it early before the next act is up. Is it so hard to end the Intermission the moment Glassmaker starts? There are still people under rank 30 who'd appreciate every day that's left to climb as high as possible.

11 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

There's a reason that content's abandoned, and I'd rather not return to the ruins, thank you very much!

so what I am getting is you want DE to turn nightwave into a universal task list that will reward you all content currently in the game no matter what it is so you can just get points as you play doing w/e you want to do? Guess some kinda of tier system since sometimes we the players will farm the same thing over and over? Like 30 mins of kuva survival giving 7k the first time, 4.5k 2nd time then 2k each one afterwards?

Well I wouldn't mind either system since atm its like hit a few things over 2-5 hours every week vs farm for the same things on end to max out the nightwave allowance within a week. I think they see nightwave as a way to get players to get forced into old content when they need something from nightwave not something that is a passive farm at this point.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

so what I am getting is you want DE to turn nightwave into a universal task list that will reward you all content currently in the game no matter what it is so you can just get points as you play doing w/e you want to do? Guess some kinda of tier system since sometimes we the players will farm the same thing over and over?

Yup:

12 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

No, Nightwave can become that while still providing the people with these "challenges" (none of which are challenging, mind). Have them all active at the same time, and just keep ranking them up.

For example, you do the challenge "Finish 3 spy missions". You finish the spy missions, get the standing, the challange ranks up to "Finish 6 spy missions." You do those 6 spy mission, get 150% of the standing, challange ranks up to "Finish 9 spy missions". You finish those 9 more spy missions, get 200% standing, challenge ranks up to "Finish 15 spy missions".

But this one:

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

Like 30 mins of kuva survival giving 7k the first time, 4.5k 2nd time then 2k each one afterwards?

Would be like: Do one 30 minute kuva survival, get 7k, then do two 30 minute kuva survival, get 10.k, then do four 30 minute kuva survival, get 14k, then do eight 30 min kuva survival, get 17.5k... and so on.

s01e08 GIF

glad to know we'll finally be moving on, but I do feel that once season 3 is launched, DE need to re-evaluate how Nightwave is implemented, and try to come up with a system that lets the players interact with Nightwave and earn rewards without having to wait months for seasons (because stories are great, but they take a LONG time to write). even if it's just random missions that award Nightwave Credits; anything is better than nothing. 

Thank you for the update. 

However I feel the need to point out one thing: why is there even a level cap!? How can you effectively cap the way we are able to obtain Nitain, especially for new players? This is honestly, beyond me. I can live with ongoing intermissions, honestly, I can, but I cannot live with caps that don't make ANY sense...

One thing I hope you guys do when it comes to this new iteration of Nightwave, please make it down to earth challenges. Kill with certain statuses, run certain missions, survive certain amount of time, etc. That's all good and works well with simply playing things you usually do.

But then you have things like Kill the Profit Taker, or Kill or Capture the last Eidolon (Hydrolyst?) in that Eidolon hunt. In the first case that one is locked behind a grind of a lifetime, and if you aren't interested in the frames locked behind that grind (like I ain't) then that is effectively locked for you. Similarly the Eidolon hunt, while I did do it I was utterly useless and a burden cause I don't do Eidolons and don't plan on doing them in the future to grind for better Operator weapons to kill them better.

Then we have those Shrine Specters as an example, where even if I have no interest in Titania (nor her flower picker quest), I did it cause this Nightwave was locked, similarly to how Profit Taker is. That's not cool, I login to play with friends and have fun, not go around picking flowers, or worse subjecting them to going to pick flowers with me instead of actually playing the game.

And OH GOD, that goddamn perfect capture of a creature quest, downright wanted to break the damn keyboard. Even if I clear every Corpus in the area and hide behind a hill a pobber spawns and just gets auto-alerted and runs away, without any line of sight to me and behind a hill like 100+ meters away. I read many people have problem with these hunts as well. If we are forced to endure something like this in Nightwave, something I feel comfortable claiming I am in the majority of people who wouldn't even touch this and don't touch it outside this painful Nightwave chore, please don't make it perfect captures. What is the point? Noone wants to do this poaches simulator nonsense in a game of space ninjas, just make it X amount of captures (again, if we do have to suffer its existence) and make them of any quality, don't force it upon us to be good or perfect in something we are doing just to get points for something that should feel like a casual things you do along with playing the game the normal way you want to play it.

Less annoying but still worthy of note would be things like Forma-ing a thing, cause if I have no plans of doing so at that moment I have to do it just to get my Nightwave points.

Please re-evaluate how this affects people, and how many people are frustrated or off-put from doing Nightwave when they see things like that pop up. Do more things like "Survive X amount of time in mission" or "Do X amount of waves in Sanctuary Onslaught" and less things that are gated behind stuff the players haven't done nor plan on doing.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb DjemoSRBIN:

But then you have things like Kill the Profit Taker, or Kill or Capture the last Eidolon (Hydrolyst?) in that Eidolon hunt. In the first case that one is locked behind a grind of a lifetime, and if you aren't interested in the frames locked behind that grind (like I ain't) then that is effectively locked for you. Similarly the Eidolon hunt, while I did I was utterly useless and a burden cause I don't do Eidolons and don't plan on doing them in the future to grind for better weapons to kill them better.

Then we have the those Shrine Specters as an example, where even if I have no interest in Titania (nor her flower picker quest), I did it cause this Nightwave was locked, similarly to how Profit Taker is. That's not cool, I login to play with friends and having fun, not going around picking flowers, or worse subjecting them to going to pick flowers with me instead of actually playing the game.

First of all let me get a suggestion, as a compromise, out of the way: Why aren't there challenges that substitute those that are locked with challenges that aren't locked? Maybe, someone who hasn't unlocked the PT gets the 1.500 kills challenge - honestly, some new player will propably even need more time for those 1.500 kills than I need for the PT or Eidolon Hunts.

However I strongly disagree with your intention. Content that you are not interessted is solely your problem. You refuse to do the Titania quest? Fine, you don't get to kill the phantoms for the nightwave - do the quest and then you can have the points. I don't think that we should trivialise the whole game to please every single player - those challenges are called "elite" for a reason... at least that is my opinion. With my suggestion above I want to make clear, that I honestly don't care whether other players get different (or maybe even easier) challenges than I do, I really don't. Nevertheless I don't think players who refuse to dive into certain parts of the game deserve the benefits from it. This can be by choice, like it sounds here or simply by not having enough time to spend (or spent in the past) in warframe. 

24 minutes ago, (PS4)WorldSuxx said:

First of all let me get a suggestion, as a compromise, out of the way: Why aren't there challenges that substitute those that are locked with challenges that aren't locked? Maybe, someone who hasn't unlocked the PT gets the 1.500 kills challenge - honestly, some new player will propably even need more time for those 1.500 kills than I need for the PT or Eidolon Hunts.

However I strongly disagree with your intention. Content that you are not interessted is solely your problem. You refuse to do the Titania quest? Fine, you don't get to kill the phantoms for the nightwave - do the quest and then you can have the points. I don't think that we should trivialise the whole game to please every single player - those challenges are called "elite" for a reason... at least that is my opinion. With my suggestion above I want to make clear, that I honestly don't care whether other players get different (or maybe even easier) challenges than I do, I really don't. Nevertheless I don't think players who refuse to dive into certain parts of the game deserve the benefits from it. This can be by choice, like it sounds here or simply by not having enough time to spend (or spent in the past) in warframe. 

I think it a wonderful idea really, your suggestion to have things that aren't unlocked to you have a substitute. I would go one step further though, since something like a Hydrolyst isn't hard to unlock but you are forced to be a thorn in someones side by participating in it with a Mote Amp, simply have each "slot" of Nightwave you get be something you can pick from 2-3 things from. Example when you get an Elite challenge at the start of the week, that Elite slot lets you pick between Profit Taker, Hydrolyst or Survive 45 minutes in a 40+ level survival. So this way you tailor your week to the way you want to play it and not feel like your week is wasted cause you would rather do something your entire friend group enjoys than telling them to piss of so you can go play solo cause you want to do a Nightwave they care nothing about.

I wouldn't really go flaunting the elite title for some of these here. Picking a ton of flowers in missions where noone can do anything to you due to how easy most of the game is, combined with summoning a Specter that you can delete in literally 1 second (2 if you need to jump down to slap it silly) is not something I would classify as "elite". I don't feel elite, nor should others for spending an hour resetting basic missions to find moss on a stone and then effortlessly murder a single mob.

Similarly to the whole capture animals thing, there's probably enough people who like that which you can count on the fingers of your one hand, the rest of us just want to get it over with. And struggling with the broken nature of the AI when it comes to what is a "perfect" capture does not help this, it's not a achievement. After I did that hunt I didn't at all feel satisfied, I felt tired and I closed the game due to how draining fighting with this broken minigame is, not having the urge to play the game for the rest of the day. If this needs to be in, it should not be perfect captures, or better yet should be something you can swap for something else, similar to the above example.

But at the end of the day, I agree with the sentiment of "to each their own". I would rather run a survival for half an hour with level 100+ enemies than hunt down flowers and kill a Specter. If you would do otherwise more power to you, but others should have different options to earn that amount of Nightwave standing.

hace 19 horas, Gabbynaru dijo:

Yeah but will it finally deliver on the promise of "be rewarded passively as you play"? Cause with 6 months minus 2 days to go, by just playing the game the way I normally do, I only ended up at rank 16. So, will that be fixed or should I keep on trashing Trashwave as I always do until you deliver on your promises?

It seems u dont understand what Nightwave is... You want it all, easy and now. Well, thats not the point of it. 

One aspect of Nightwave that I hope won't be lost is the "Universe at large" component. Nightwave's stories were supposed to be about characters and events in the world NOT centered around us. That was the part that really intrigued me about Nightwave in that it's a way to give us lore and more insight into the life and history of the folks who live in the Origin System without having to somehow make the Tenno the center or the main actors in the whole thing. 

For as much as there is to do in the game, even with most items mastered and most things filled in, I'm definitely a fan of quality over quantity. I want content that is meaningful that hits like the first time one plays Second Dream and other major parts of the storyline. Move too fast without looking back and we get stuck with lame stuff like The Sergeant as a long-time boss. Even if Nightwaves are temporary, how they add to and advance our understanding of the Warframe universe should be extremely meaningful. If it takes 6 months plus any pre-planning before the intermission, so be it, but if it delivers the goods then it is well worth the wait. 

Honestly, I didn't personally care that the intermission lasted that long. Yes, it was a meme, and the optics of an intermission lasting longer than the actual season is not the best, but I still remember there not having been any nightwave at all, and the rewards you can now work for having been entirely random alerts you were either there for or missed.
If anything, I'd prefer a system like nightwave to be swept under the rug in favor of more important work, and that's coming from someone whose main interest in Warframe has been the lore for a considerable amount of time.

On 2020-04-20 at 7:19 PM, LoopStricken said:

2) Once I get all the Nightwave rewards I tend to ignore the prestige ranks, since I don't need any more nitain and already own all the helmets. Even so, I'm at prestige rank 23 and I've not been playing a great deal recently.

I stopped going out of my way to do nightwave challenges once I got to rank 29 because I didn't need any of the prestige stuff (and 30 is a cosmetic I already had).

Right now I am... rank 30. No prestige. So you're obviously doing something to get 23 extra ranks lol

On 2020-04-20 at 1:31 PM, Gabbynaru said:

At least bullet jumping would finish a Trashwave challenge every now and then. But apparently playing the game like a normal human being doesn't.

If you want the rewards do the challenges..?  It's like saying I want nitain back in the alerts day, seeing an alert for nitain, and not doing it for some reason like oh I dislike this mobile defense mission tileset it's on.  I got over 20 prestige ranks without even trying after I got to 30 while trying a little but not much as I didn't want to do 10 syndicate missions or some other challenges that appeared.  

On 2020-04-20 at 6:29 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

But onto the elephant in the room: “Why did Intermission II last so long”?

Can I add 1 request? Please remove the level cap - when we hit it (90 for the current 'Intermission') that makes NW worthless.

There should be no cap - the long tail would still be boring, but at least we could still get credits and buy Kuva with it.

This is great to hear, and I have to say as a huge fan of the story and all of its hidden lore I'm incredibly hyped to find out what these added elements (such as interactivity) might be when it comes to SIII of Nightwave; Glassmaker!

That being said however (and this next part is just as likely to be the opinion of one sole Tenno, as it might be any larger amount of the playerbase) but when it comes to Nightwave - although these ambitious changes are no doubt enticing to a lot of us, the community, I'd urge the team there at DE to not feel as if they need restrict themselves by any new systems that may be put in place this series.  That is to say, Nightwave SI & SII were both brilliant, and whilst advancing on systems put in place in these chapters is by no means a poor decision, if there ever comes a point where the burden of updates is too large for a couple of months, don't feel as if we wouldn't be satisfied by just some new cutscenes, lore titbits, and cosmetics.
That in itself is enough to have to work towards creating for something as fluent as Nightwave - so don't feel as if you're constricting yourself too harshly by these decisions in future!

Glassmaker.

I've been thinking about the name for some time. 
It's a weapon of mass destruction. Reference to the atomic weapons of ancient times, turning the desert sands into molten glass.

Or perhaps something mythical in nature.

“Brahmastra,” created by the god Brahma, a “single projectile charged with all the power in the universe. It was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes an entire race. There was neither a counter attack nor a defense that could stop it.”

The weapon produced “an incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as 10,000 suns that rose in all its splendor. After, corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Their hair and nails fell out; pottery broke without any apparent cause, and the birds turned white… After a few hours, all foodstuffs were infected.

“Any target hit by the brahmastra would be utterly destroyed; land would become barren and lifeless, rainfall would cease, and infertility in humans and animals would follow for aeons of time.”

Archived