Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Note: The Intermission that lasted 6 months is ending in 2 Weeks!

[DE]Rebecca

Hi, I still Can't update my warframe game, Are you guys still looking into it?I saw one of those forums post, saying it was resolved, But I still can't update my game.

It Goes along the lines of 

"Update failed",

"Some content updates can't be updated from our servers"

Update will begin shortly,

Then I will have an option for warframe logs, Or to retry.

19 minutes ago, Jokester1 said:

Hi, I still Can't update my warframe game, Are you guys still looking into it?I saw one of those forums post, saying it was resolved, But I still can't update my game.

"Update failed",

Try what I did, disable bulk download/hyperthreading/aggressive download. It took a while but it eventually starting working for me

19 minutes ago, Jokester1 said:

"Update failed",

Try disabling bulk and aggressive download in the launcher options. 

Nightwave Intermission II ends in 2 hours for me and if Series 3 doesn't start tomorrow I'm gonna be upset. I understand why Series 3 may need to be delayed longer, but with no real events happening and Scarlet Spear no longer being around, it's gonna be a rough time while we wait. If SS was still around then it would be fine, or even Plague Star would be fine while we wait, just something that gives proper rewards. 

I really enjoy the work DE do and I understand how difficult it must be to do said work in the current conditions, but as a player it's just a bit upsetto, because all the hype built up around it and still nothing to be shown is just... oof

34 minutes ago, YikersDikers said:

Nightwave Intermission II ends in 2 hours for me and if Series 3 doesn't start tomorrow I'm gonna be upset. I understand why Series 3 may need to be delayed longer, but with no real events happening and Scarlet Spear no longer being around, it's gonna be a rough time while we wait. If SS was still around then it would be fine, or even Plague Star would be fine while we wait, just something that gives proper rewards. 

I really enjoy the work DE do and I understand how difficult it must be to do said work in the current conditions, but as a player it's just a bit upsetto, because all the hype built up around it and still nothing to be shown is just... oof

I still have to max out last few kuva weponz with forma so I have alittle bit to do for about a week

On 2020-04-21 at 2:59 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno,

As you’ll soon see in our marketing channels, Intermission II is ending on May 3 on all platforms. Spend your Intermission II Cred! In the coming weeks, Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker will start to unfold, with a whole new series of exclusive Rewards and newly added challenges -- many designed and suggested by the community!. 

But onto the elephant in the room: “Why did Intermission II last so long”?

This post is to explain why; 

The short answer to ‘why’ is because of the want to put not only the much emphasized ‘more Lore’ within the series, but also add a taste more of interactivity with Nora’s storytelling. 

The long answer is one rooted by setback after setback we have faced as developers due to our own choices - we are entirely responsible for each additional day this Intermission II lasted. We have had issues with timing, creative choices, a bit of a work-from-home interruption, and more. But when each of those issues is scrutinized, they all fall back to one major issue: quality. 

A third entry into the Nightwave system is a lower-risk for quality - but what surrounds its development is extremely high risk - Scarlet Spear, Railjack, Warframe Revised, these labour- and creative-intensive updates have all impacted our ability to release Series 3. Each update brought a new set of fresh challenges and problems to solve, which unfortunately pushed the goalpost further back. 

We are responsible for the quality of our releases, and when it comes to Series 3, we do not want its functionality to be what you’re focused on. We don’t want you to have questions of ‘will it work’ at a functional level, but rather, ‘will it work’ at a conceptual and storytelling level. With Series 3, we wanted to attempt a course-correct back to delivering an update that hopefully has a first impression we can stand behind. 

See you later in May for NIGHTWAVE SERIES 3: GLASSMAKER! 

when are you releasing glassmaker im waiting for it

Not going to lie, it is disappointing to have the release of Glassmaker delayed especially when all accounts of its release sounded very much like it was going to be replacing Intermission ON the 3rd of may. I guess we now know why the opening post dodged including a date.

I really hope it is at least functional when we DO get our hands on it.

There was REALLY bad messaging here on when season 3 would land.  On the last devstream it was implied that it would start at the same time the intermission ended.  I watch all the content from the major YouTube content creators, watch all devstreams, read all patch notes, and follow the Twitter page, and the way I found out we weren't getting new nightwave today was logging in today to find there was no nightwave.

This doesn't really help with people's thoughts regarding your poor community management.  And the message I'm getting is that there's no point in following communication from DE or their partners because we aren't kept up to date, DE doesn't listen to feedback, and things change so much between when we see it pre-release, and when it releases.

1 hour ago, eboomer said:

There was REALLY bad messaging here on when season 3 would land.  On the last devstream it was implied that it would start at the same time the intermission ended.  I watch all the content from the major YouTube content creators, watch all devstreams, read all patch notes, and follow the Twitter page, and the way I found out we weren't getting new nightwave today was logging in today to find there was no nightwave.

This doesn't really help with people's thoughts regarding your poor community management.  And the message I'm getting is that there's no point in following communication from DE or their partners because we aren't kept up to date, DE doesn't listen to feedback, and things change so much between when we see it pre-release, and when it releases.

Yep - they were deliberately very cagey in the language they used in the channels, but DE never specifically said "it's starting as soon as Intermission 2 ends", just that Intermission 2 was ending on the 3rd.

I'm disappointed too - I think Intermission 2 went on for more than long enough, we needed both clearer communication without implying something was going to happen and misleading the community and for a smooth transition in to the new content. As it stands we have zero information - it could be a day away, it could be two weeks away, who knows? The poor comms' just causes bad blood and there's been enough of that lately with a good few casualties as a result.

The delay will most likely be because consoles need a cert update to push something like Nightwave, and that takes an indefinite amount of time that's out of DE's hands. They want to start series 3 at the same time on all systems. 

If they kept intermission running as well, the update for consoles wouldn't be able to be pushed as soon as possible after cert, they would have to wait until a different defined date after the certs were approved (another 2 weeks), as they would need to give people adequate warning of the new ending date (per their ingame tips!) 

So strangely, taking intermission down temporarily is the fastest way for them to launch glassmaker with keeping to their goal of same time on all platforms. 

6 hours ago, Avernal said:

Yep - they were deliberately very cagey in the language they used in the channels, but DE never specifically said "it's starting as soon as Intermission 2 ends", just that Intermission 2 was ending on the 3rd.

I'm disappointed too - I think Intermission 2 went on for more than long enough, we needed both clearer communication without implying something was going to happen and misleading the community and for a smooth transition in to the new content. As it stands we have zero information - it could be a day away, it could be two weeks away, who knows? The poor comms' just causes bad blood and there's been enough of that lately with a good few casualties as a result.

I would recommend reading the OP again.

On 2020-04-20 at 7:29 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

See you later in May for NIGHTWAVE SERIES 3: GLASSMAKER!

Archived