Jump to content

Dev Note: The Intermission that lasted 6 months is ending in 2 Weeks!


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, (PS4)corpusbonds said:

There’s usually a week or two downtime after the first one goes away. Maybe this Sunday or the next.

plot twist, we get 6 months nightwave downtime 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Nope, next week or week after

Oh I see, I just realized, it's ENDING intermission, not releasing Glassmaker immediately, got it.

Edited by Athrax_Thorax
bettering response
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dead air is a big no no in radio. Week down time is not good for content especially when you could just leave the old one up for a full week. Its not like a rushable craft where having the downtime is good to help business. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

quality of content, lol yeah right, quality of bugs, nora had the same set armor and animations as reward like the previous 30 lvls, and 15 credits per lvl after 30 srly? you dont encourage to keep lvling with that kind of bonus reward. So dont treat people as dumb sheeps

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't really care, because I don't NEED anything from the store, and I hit prestige rank like 50 on accident without even really chasing most of the challenges after the first 30, but what in the world was the point of ending it before the next one is ready?  So you can say it's over and stop the community from making fun of the hilariously long run time of the intermission?  You still didn't actually solve the problem.  Why not just remove the cap until it's time to release the next one so that the people that DID need stuff could get it?

This monkey's paw BS is starting to become your MO.

"We don't like the self-damage in this game, it's unbalanced and feels really bad and cheap."
"Okay, we'll get rid of it entirely instead of trying to balance it directly so that it's not just a straight up one shot."
"Oh, okay great!"
"...And we'll replace it with not only an annoying stagger system, but massive falloff on any AOE as well!"
"Wait..."
"And we'll put this on literally everything with even a hint of AOE, even if it didn't have self-damage before!  We heard you, Tenno!  We're listening!"

This isn't what listening looks like.

You ended the intermission, yes.  But that wasn't the complaint.  The complaint is that the next Nightwave isn't out, and the intermission was capped.  Instead of hearing the complaint and fixing the problem, you just ended the intermission so that you had done something even it it amounted to nothing.  

These little "breaks" might not be so bad for players like me, but you have things like Nitain tied up in Nightwave.  What are we supposed to tell new players right now, when they ask where they can farm Nitain?  "You can't right now, good luck trying to build any of the things you want for the next 2 weeks."?  If you're going to make so much stuff Nightwave store only, then Nightwave in one form or another needs to be up and available 24/7/365.

EDIT:  And because I know one of you guys is going to do it:  "They had a dead period last time too.  This is how they do it."  That's great.  Same question tho.  Why?

Edited by (XB1)TehChubbyDugan
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

What are we supposed to tell new players right now, when they ask where they can farm Nitain?  "You can't right now, good luck trying to build any of the things you want for the next 2 weeks."?

Of course not. You're supposed to tell them to go farm Ghoul Bounties for a ~6% drop of a single Nitain. (/s in case it's needed)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eklectus said:

Of course not. You're supposed to tell them to go farm Ghoul Bounties for a ~6% drop of a single Nitain. (/s in case it's needed)

Despite their annoying frequency, ghouls are (funny enough.) not actually up right now, at least on Xbox.  I know you put the /s, but it's funny to me that even the cynical joke of "go farm that 5.95% drop chance."  isn't available right now.  So the only option a new player has right now is caches. 

I've met new players that didn't even know what Nightwave is.  Other than the button existing in the lower right corner, there's nothing that really grabs a new player and says "If you want the things you need to progress, you have to do these challenges you might not even have access to." 

I'm really glad that I have stockpiled Nitain from running every alert available to me for the first few years I played.  I would NOT want to engage with Nightwave as a new player.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kialandi said:

I would recommend reading the OP again.

I'd recommend reading my post again - I said we have no way of knowing whether it's days or weeks away. What part of "Later in May" answers which of the two it is?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Because, as we know, rushing DE's production of events, locations, etc is always a good idea and things come out of the process nearly perfectly.

 

"I want you to fix this NOW! But also that needs to be released NOW!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Because, as we know, rushing DE's production of events, locations, etc is always a good idea and things come out of the process nearly perfectly.

 

"I want you to fix this NOW! But also that needs to be released NOW!"

Or, you know, keep the intermission running to give players constant Nightwave Store access like it's supposed to, until you're ready to roll out Season 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

Or, you know, keep the intermission running to give players constant Nightwave Store access like it's supposed to, until you're ready to roll out Season 3.

But they didn't. They have been getting a lot of flak, some of which I do feel is justified. But have to wait a week or two to get the next Nightwave? You poor babies. That's just sooo long.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

But they didn't. They have been getting a lot of flak, some of which I do feel is justified. But have to wait a week or two to get the next Nightwave? You poor babies. That's just sooo long.

As mentioned above, that's a period when newer players have no access to resources (Nitain, Aura Mods) that are, essentially, locked away for that week or two. Nightwave, first and foremost, is supposed to be a replacement for alerts, providing a more convenient way of getting those rewards. Furthermore, Intermissions were introduced exactly to bridge the gap between seasons in response to the first Nitain Drought. The fact that it has any downtime at all is indicative of a flaw in the system.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Eklectus said:

As mentioned above, that's a period when newer players have no access to resources (Nitain, Aura Mods) that are, essentially, locked away for that week or two. Nightwave, first and foremost, is supposed to be a replacement for alerts, providing a more convenient way of getting those rewards. Furthermore, Intermissions were introduced exactly to bridge the gap between seasons in response to the first Nitain Drought. The fact that it has any downtime at all is indicative of a flaw in the system.

Newer players aren't getting that anyway. Nitain and all the other stuff that is part  of NW would be excessively difficult to get just because of the challenges given out weekly. 

 

It's just an excuse to stomp the ground and complain. It's never enough for some people.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Newer players aren't getting that anyway. Nitain and all the other stuff that is part  of NW would be excessively difficult to get just because of the challenges given out weekly. 

 

It's just an excuse to stomp the ground and complain. It's never enough for some people.

It really isn't. Newer player doesn't mean "fresh from the tutorial", it means "in the process of building a solid arsenal" - that means obtaining Aura Mods as well as Nitain for frames and weapons. Something that's perfectly doable considering most of the tasks are something along the lines of "Perform X Type Missions". Only thing that's fully locked off to a newer player (even with an experienced carry) is the Exploiter Profit Taker mission, which is far from necessary to get what you need.

Edited by Eklectus
Wrong Orb
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Because, as we know, rushing DE's production of events, locations, etc is always a good idea and things come out of the process nearly perfectly.

 

"I want you to fix this NOW! But also that needs to be released NOW!"

There's a difference in keeping nightwave intermission going, adding new levels to it to the players who maxed it out like what 3 times vs just taking away content with absoulty nothing to replace it. 

 

Why was nightwave met with such applause and now down right ire? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

But they didn't. They have been getting a lot of flak, some of which I do feel is justified. But have to wait a week or two to get the next Nightwave? You poor babies. That's just sooo long.

Exactly whats the point of just straight up trying to verbally tear other players down? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

This monkey's paw BS is starting to become your MO.

"We don't like the self-damage in this game, it's unbalanced and feels really bad and cheap."
"Okay, we'll get rid of it entirely instead of trying to balance it directly so that it's not just a straight up one shot."
"Oh, okay great!"
"...And we'll replace it with not only an annoying stagger system, but massive falloff on any AOE as well!"
"Wait..."
"And we'll put this on literally everything with even a hint of AOE, even if it didn't have self-damage before!  We heard you, Tenno!  We're listening!"

This isn't what listening looks like.

It is what listening looks like if you want the game to have some remote semblance of balance. 

How would you balance the self damage when the EHP of frames are night and day? Someone like Vauban would never be able to use explosives, someone like Inaros could brush it off. 

The stagger and fall-off are counterweights to the fact that the weapon deals damage in a radius, which is, in most cases, required to keep it from being flat-out, objectively and in all cases, better than anything that isn't AoE. I mean, even with the annoying stagger and enormous fall-off, I don't think you'll find anyone to argue that the Bramma is anything less than S-tier, for example. Or the Lenz, for that matter. Even with the stagger and 'massive' fall-off. 

The only point that IS bad is that weapons that did not have self-damage now do, and that needs to be rectified. The rest is perfectly fine game design.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fire2box said:

Exactly whats the point of just straight up trying to verbally tear other players down? 

What do you think?, no really, I mean that.

Out-right verbally tearing players down, shutting down any type of "negativeness" that goes his/her way and ingoreing what you are trying to mention. The clue is right in-front of you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • [DE]Helen locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...