Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unpopular Warframe opinions thread?

Zahnny

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Ragology said:

People were fine with being 1 shot. People weren't fine with being 1 shot because of RNG. (I think the animations are still in game though if you get withing grab range of them though)

RNG really did not mattered. What i saw the most complains about being killed by your lich, by far, was people "wasting" one of their precious revives.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Ragology said:

People were fine with being 1 shot. People weren't fine with being 1 shot because of RNG. (I think the animations are still in game though if you get withing grab range of them though)

I don’t think the basic close quarters grab is an insta-kill. I’ve survived that as Banshee... somehow. Course I haven’t dealt with a Lich in ages so I might be misremembering.

Edited by BansheePrime
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

RNG really did not mattered. What i saw the most complains about being killed by your lich, by far, was people "wasting" one of their precious revives.

Well, it was wasting the revive. You won, and it cost you a revive for no reason. You basically got the fail state for doing things right, minus a guessing game.

People would be pissed if, after a Dark Souls boss, the game said 'Rolling dice, you have a 1/336 chance of actually being able to progress, otherwise you die and the fight restarts'.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

Would be interesting to see what DE's internal count is on what the problem with a Kuva Lich killing you 100% of the time if you missed the combination of mods on your weapon truly is/was...RNG of dying or "wasting" a revive.

Clearly some feel that "wasting" a revive isn't a valid reason to complain yet it was the majority of the complaints...while others seem to feel it is/was the pure random chance of getting the combination correct versus 100% chance of dying to an enemy Tenno were led to understand was use to being killed repeatedly during a Tenno's efforts to figure out how to kill them 'permanently'...

It is understandable that the player community would be all in an uproar of "wasting" a revive....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

It is understandable that the player community would be all in an uproar of "wasting" a revive....

It was never wasting the revive, at least not for me. It was the bad game design in pulling a BOSHY (Read: Lol u died) when you didn't win the rock paper scissors toss. 

The Lich rubbing it in when they do manage to kill you is awesome, making it so the Lich killing you is virtually meaningless not so much. Pretty much made it feel like it was more of a point that the animation team had taken the time to make this so I was expected to sit back and watch it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Well, it was wasting the revive. You won, and it cost you a revive for no reason. You basically got the fail state for doing things right, minus a guessing game.

People would be pissed if, after a Dark Souls boss, the game said 'Rolling dice, you have a 1/336 chance of actually being able to progress, otherwise you die and the fight restarts'.

who cares. It's one revive, and it made sense. Made me so irked when they took that out.

• Like 1

Oh we're adding our own unpopular opinions? 

Lets seeeee.......

Warframe is a game that allows you do dial in how challenging it is, stop continually selecting EZ mode and then complaining things are too easy. Also see, if you don't enjoy how a frame plays, stop being a slave to the meta and play something else. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Oreades said:

It was never wasting the revive, at least not for me. It was the bad game design in pulling a BOSHY (Read: Lol u died) when you didn't win the rock paper scissors toss. 

The Lich rubbing it in when they do manage to kill you is awesome, making it so the Lich killing you is virtually meaningless not so much. Pretty much made it feel like it was more of a point that the animation team had taken the time to make this so I was expected to sit back and watch it. 

Um...sarcasm was calling...never mind he hung up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Clearly some feel that "wasting" a revive isn't a valid reason to complain yet it was the majority of the complaints

If you think about it, it is a purely silly and non valid reason to complain. Which part of the content warframe has currently, forces you to NEED all 6 revives? (counting the 2 you get from arcanes) The only ones i can think of, are long survival runs, of over an hour, and the amount of people i see doing that kind of content isn't very high either.

Liches do not require any use of a revive currently, that is, assuming you aren't just missing all of your shots, or not being in constant movement, or brought a frame/weapons that are not suited for the job (lack of mods and formas). If you die, that is on you, and should not complain about it. But before, you literally just died, but then could keep going on with the mission, which had enemies that really were no threat to you, could just run all the way to extraction without dying a single time.

So why people thought that using a revive for this type of content was SO important when you had 5 others to spare that would not be used, baffles me.

• Like 2

Given the vitriol that's been directed at me, unpopular opinion:

I just plain hate Melee 3.0. I won't ever get used to it, I can't have fun with it, and it looks and feels worse. But nobody cares, because if you disagree with DE's golden child pet-project apparently you're a liar and a paid shill; even if you're Sage rank and have played over 4K hours. Given the hostility I've gotten for being honest about the fact I'm not having fun, it pretty much feels like that's the unpopular opinion.

I want 2.0 back, and baffling as it is, I just can't feel anything toward 3.0 but disappointment and hatred.

It feels artificial and clunky in an inverse of the way that 2.0 felt natural and fluid; I hate the excessive ragdoll that flings foes 2,400 feet into the air and makes you waste hits; I hate having to use MOUSE3 to throw Glaives; I hate how every single weapon trail and particle effect and element VFX is a blinding explosion of cancerous particle confetti; I hate having block with 100% reduction that makes me a Mary Sue; I hate how the weapons now have stat increases so massive that modding them became pointless; I hate that X key is now the button for finishers despite how massively inconvenient of a keybind that is when you're fighting all the other factions that DON'T create Kuva Liches; and I consider it a flat-out insult that not only did DE fail to realize removing Sword Alone was a terrible, terrible idea; they flat-out took until The Old Blood to add it back in and they added another one of the aforementioned revolting spark-flashes so I can't even draw a knife without getting epilepsy.

Or how trying to use MOUSE2 combos takes me out of Exalted Stances and into gun ironsights, even when I entered Sword Alone by holding F key prior to activating the ability. Because I totally wanted to stop mauling things to shoot pistols.

Or maybe it's how we don't actually draw or unsheathe weapons anymore; they magically and hideously flicker into our hands with that crunched-up, Gary's Mod-like pretzel of a materializing model.

And maybe, maybe, more than anything, I'm utterly pissed off that they rearranged Stances into such a gnarled mess of their prior selves; that every single Stance no longer has a visual flow between its motions and they all look like random spasms with zero build-up.

That's my unpopular opinion. I don't even have anything to say about Liches, because I quit bothering using melee combat other than Exalteds sometime after Operation: Buried Debts began the whole nightmare the past year-plus has been.

I will always associate Exploiter Orb with the day close-combat stopped being fun.

Edited by Maxim_M_Payne
  • Like 3

Just now, SpicyDinosaur said:

who cares. It's one revive, and it made sense. Made me so irked when they took that out.

Have you heard of 'Rested EXP'? 

Early in WoW's history, people were concerned that players were spending too much time in one go on it. The devs, in response, nerfed XP if the player was online too long. And people haaaaaaaated it. So, in response, they flipped the script - introducing Rested XP. Not sure if this still works now, but instead of nerfing XP over time, not playing would give a bonus.

And here's the kicker - I meant it when I said 'flipped the script'. Nothing about the mechanics changed, only the wording they used to describe it. And lo and behold, the community loved it, and the system is still used to this day.

The original 'back breaker' was similar. In all practicality, it wasn't a big deal. I didn't care (that much), personally. But instead of rewarding the player for success - rewarding the player for overcoming the big bad lich, or even just leaving it neutral, the back breaker put a negative result for doing the thing you were supposed to do - beat down the lich, and testing your requiem. Psychologically speaking, to a pretty large chunk of the player population, that makes engaging with Lich content an actively negative experience.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Have you heard of 'Rested EXP'? 

Early in WoW's history, people were concerned that players were spending too much time in one go on it. The devs, in response, nerfed XP if the player was online too long. And people haaaaaaaated it. So, in response, they flipped the script - introducing Rested XP. Not sure if this still works now, but instead of nerfing XP over time, not playing would give a bonus.

And here's the kicker - I meant it when I said 'flipped the script'. Nothing about the mechanics changed, only the wording they used to describe it. And lo and behold, the community loved it, and the system is still used to this day.

The original 'back breaker' was similar. In all practicality, it wasn't a big deal. I didn't care (that much), personally. But instead of rewarding the player for success - rewarding the player for overcoming the big bad lich, or even just leaving it neutral, the back breaker put a negative result for doing the thing you were supposed to do - beat down the lich, and testing your requiem. Psychologically speaking, to a pretty large chunk of the player population, that makes engaging with Lich content an actively negative experience.

What does WoW have to do with this? Also I swear I have read that exact post previously. I've been given used content.

If people can't handle dying, we should kill them more until they get over it. 

• Like 1

I actually love disruption,sorta it could be more than you beating mid tier bullet sponges and the rewards kinda suck other than guass stuff,acceltra,akarius and maybe the juptier mods altho these are more situational or useless than anything.

I hate most of the warframe meta weapons,even those that are liked by almost anyone other than tiberon prime i guess becuase i am an auto rifle junkie.

• Like 1

Just now, SpicyDinosaur said:

What does WoW have to do with this? Also I swear I have read that exact post previously. I've been given used content.

If people can't handle dying, we should kill them more until they get over it. 

What WoW has to do with this is that people respond to things very differently based on even minor changes between positive and negative. The way Blizzard referred to the mechanic was all it took to cause the community to switch from 'this is the worst thing killing the game' to 'this is a great addition'

The back breaker was basically that, but scaled up to a gameplay loop. The core loop of liches is 'kill thralls to find requiem murmurs, test requiems on liches to figure out sequence, kill lich'. With a gameplay loop, you want that to be rewarding. But the back breaker took step two and punished the player - even if it was, in reality, a light tap on the wrist - for engaging with it. That's all it takes for the whole loop to start feeling unengaging.

It's psychology, basically. Maybe it doesn't affect you, no psychological theory is perfect, but in general if you want somebody to do something and for them to enjoy doing them, punishing them for doing so is a very bad idea.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

I actually love disruption,sorta it could be more than you beating mid tier bullet sponges and the rewards kinda suck other than guass stuff,acceltra,akarius and maybe the juptier mods altho these are more situational or useless than anything.

I hate most of the warframe meta weapons,even those that are liked by almost anyone other than tiberon prime i guess becuase i am an auto rifle junkie.

Disruption is amongst my favourite gamemodes, however I dislike how you're kinda punished if you're not listening to the game. e.g. if I was playing Disruption I'd probably be playing it casually, listening to music or something, which puts me at a disadvantage at detecting those Demolysts.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Time to say something that will trigger a subset of people

*Breathes*

RAILJACK IS FUN YOU JUST DON’T LIKE IT BECAUSE IT’S NOT MEANT FOR YOU SO STOP COMPLAINING AND GO BACK TO STANDARD WARFRAME

All I want is to call my Railjack into the Orb Vallis or Plains of Eidolon. Maybe get to shoot my guns at enemies on the ground too if possible.

• Like 1