Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unpopular Warframe opinions thread?

Zahnny

53 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Rivens are for fun, they aren't essential or for the meta. 

cover take GIF

Categorically false.

Any riven with .55 or higher, the riven can substitute for two mods, flat out. Any riven with a disposition, higher than 1.2 the riven can absolutely change not only what the weapon can kill, but base functionality as well.

• Like 1

DE does not owe anyone a plat income stream and "destroying the arcane/riven/etc" market is in no way bad for the game (other than possibly reducing income for DE) 

Both ground and space SS missions are actually fun, although the scoring system remains deplorable in several respects. 

Jellyfish is a cute. So is Nehza. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Yakhul said:

RNG really did not mattered. What i saw the most complains about being killed by your lich, by far, was people "wasting" one of their precious revives.

No, it really was the RNG. You could be killed despite doing absolutely NOTHING wrong

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

But you did. You used the incorrect mods to kill the lich. And when you get it right, the lich dies instead of you.

List of stuff you did correctly:

Farmed Thralls, succeeded several missions, brought the correct loadout for the Lich's weaknesses, outmaneuvered and outfought your Lich.

List of stuff you did "wrong":

Didn't roll a 6 on a 1d6 instant death check

Failing at trial and error will not and will never be a failure of the player. It's just improper game design

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Farmed Thralls, succeeded several missions, brought the correct loadout for the Lich's weaknesses, outmaneuvered and outfought your Lich.

List of stuff you did "wrong":

Didn't roll a 6 on a 1d6 instant death check

Failing at trial and error will not and will never be a failure of the player. It's just improper game design

get over it?

• Like 3

UO Riven dispo changes killed a good part of the game. It was rewarding to good and diligent kuva farmers buying veiled rivens, farming said kuva to get decent rolls, playing around with said riven, camping in trade chat or riven sites to get the plat. Average joes can farm soo much plat to enjoy the game with, it was a rewarding endeavour to those who can dedicate their game time to it and have a good nose to know which riven sells and which doesn't.

Though the reasoning for the changes are understandable and prices were ridiculous at times those are indeed good times to be playing the game and killed a part of the game that I think alot of players benefited from it assuming you actually work on it.  

1 minute ago, KetaKancil said:

UO Riven dispo changes killed a good part of the game. It was rewarding to good and diligent kuva farmers buying veiled rivens, farming said kuva to get decent rolls, playing around with said riven, camping in trade chat or riven sites to get the plat. Average joes can farm soo much plat to enjoy the game with, it was a rewarding endeavour to those who can dedicate their game time to it and have a good nose to know which riven sells and which doesn't.

Though the reasoning for the changes are understandable and prices were ridiculous at times those are indeed good times to be playing the game and killed a part of the game that I think alot of players benefited from it assuming you actually work on it.  

by average joes are you referring to the riven mafia? Yea a few people should be able to charge thousands of plat for rivens because they were able to manipulate the market.

I wish they would just get rid of rivens. I hope more meta weapons get dropped to 1 at least.

• Like 2

Unpopular opinion: Excavation and Disruption are the best endless game modes that other endless game modes should be rework to fit the same satisfaction as them. *Looking at the cancer shtstain of trying to speedrun defense (Staged Exterminate) to be even be close to 4 minutes per rotation consistently.*

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Rivens are for fun, they aren't essential or for the meta. 

cover take GIF

I'll agree with this. barring about 5 out of 40 of my rivens, all of them are used as either a filler mod(to replace a 60/60 mod or whatever.) or utility(combonation of fire rate, projectile speed and punch through for bows, for example...though none of my bows have this, it still counts.)

Long before rivens were a thing, our weapons were already stupidly powerful(my rubico prime will still demolish any eidelon, with or without a riven.) so i saw them as an chance to not only fill in for an existing mod, but add some extras

example: a good riven for the tigris prime(post status changes...hek, even now.): +70+% element, +70+% status chance increase and magazine size. why? well, this means i can replace one of my 60/60 mods with this riven, as it is straight up better. also, if i could net at least 100% more magazine size then my tigris prime now has 4 rounds instead of two, making it a 2 magazine shotgun(this is counting a single trigger pull, emptying the base mag.)

people only want the rivens to have power, CC, CD, or multishot. no one thinks to just try for something more amusing or utility oriented.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

by average joes are you referring to the riven mafia? Yea a few people should be able to charge thousands of plat for rivens because they were able to manipulate the market.

I wish they would just get rid of rivens. I hope more meta weapons get dropped to 1 at least.

There were plenty of other ways to control the market like having a ceiling price for riven trades or something but as mentioned, I understood the decision.

Average Joes that got lucky with a Rubico riven and can sell them unrolled for 1k plat or more. Getting an unrolled Lanka or tiberon and rolling them was what most people did to earn plat and it worked. The plat gained was worth the hours of farming. Those that farmed kuva daily just to get a Kohm with 120% status chance to get enough plats to just enjoy the game. You don't need to be in a "mafia" to get lucky and work to get your plats. 

Still, its already been discussed to death every riven dispo pass so thats how it is.

• Like 1

Time to throw in my unpopular opinion that i know a certain monkey will disagree with:

the iron staff isn't bad, regardless of anyone thinking that it's energy drain makes it worse than any other melee you could use(or whatever excuse you might think of.)

here's the thing: wukong's 4 can still be modded. does this mean you're putting more investment into it than a normal melee(due to its drain?) yeah. but once modded for a hybrid build with it's only element being viral(both 60/60 mods.) this thing can easily shred any and all mobs you throw it at well into the mid 100 range and beyond.

now...here's something else: since it can easily kill enemies of that level, it will kill anything in a conventional mission range(say...10-60) in literally no time at all.

this makes the iron staff extremely efficient at killing any enemy well into sortie level 3 or even into long endurance missions(if thats your thing.) Wukong(and his prime's) incredible survivability makes this even easier since his cloud walker now heals him, his clone does double his damage all the time, and he can use defy to boost his armor to 1500 more than default. on top of all of this? slap rage and/or hunter adrenaline on him and he'll never run out of energy at all because he'll constantly take damage, gain energy, heal it, kill offending skin sack, then repeat it all over again with the next group.

12 minutes ago, Ragnafiro said:

Unpopular opinion: Excavation and Disruption are the best endless game modes that other endless game modes should be rework to fit the same satisfaction as them. *Looking at the cancer shtstain of trying to speedrun defense (Staged Exterminate) to be even be close to 4 minutes per rotation consistently.*

My only issue with disruption is that I cant listen to music because I have to listen for the "Bwow! Bwow! Bwow". But yes it is really fun. Excavation too.

39 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

You must love D&D games then. They are all about doing everything right, and getting the less desired results, leaving your luck to a dice roll.

3 hours ago, Zahnny said:

I actually enjoyed that the Liches were able to kill us. Though that might be more the fact I just liked the grapple animations and throws.

That could have stayed in the game, they just needed to remove the revive limit... (Before anyone says anything, we already have infinite revivals in arbitration. So that's just more consistency between the game modes).

47 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Whao! WHAO!!!!! Lets step back a moment and review this correct outout thing...you brought the correct loadout for the Lich's weaknesses?

Did that include 1) Bringing any melee weapon with slash and viral, 2) using that melee weapon to kill everything including the Lich?

Ok then..at least we are on the same page for what the 'correct loadout' is in Warframe.

Move along...nothing to see here...all is good...

2 hours ago, Maxim_M_Payne said:

hate how every single weapon trail and particle effect and element VFX is a blinding explosion of cancerous particle confetti;

and they added another one of the aforementioned revolting spark-flashes so I can't even draw a knife without getting epilepsy.

Ihate particle effects too, that's why I'm not a masochist and disable them to enjoy playing-

2 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

Categorically false.

Any riven with .55 or higher, the riven can substitute for two mods, flat out. Any riven with a disposition, higher than 1.2 the riven can absolutely change not only what the weapon can kill, but base functionality as well.

Tenno said: "Rivens are for fun, they aren't essential or for the meta. " No matter how good a riven is, it's not essential.

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

No, it really was the RNG. You could be killed despite doing absolutely NOTHING wrong

If you think "nothing wrong" implies having the wrong combination, then you should check up your definition of "wrong", because it's pretty wrong.

__

EDIT: I forgot to write my unpopular opinion: Operators are the real end of the game, behind a giant grindi wall is one of the most powerful things in the game and saying "The operator is just a energy source" is one of the most ignorant comments of the community. I can understand that they don't like it for some reasons, but to say they are weak because people didn't unlock schools and waybounds is the same as criticizing any frame in range 0 with 0 mods and 0 efforts in that frame. If you unlocked everything and got useful arcanes, an operator can overcome a warframe in terms of utility (and sometimes even damage).

Edited by xHeretic