Unpopular Warframe opinions thread?

Zahnny

2 hours ago, Maxim_M_Payne said:

hate how every single weapon trail and particle effect and element VFX is a blinding explosion of cancerous particle confetti;

and they added another one of the aforementioned revolting spark-flashes so I can't even draw a knife without getting epilepsy.

Ihate particle effects too, that's why I'm not a masochist and disable them to enjoy playing-

2 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

Categorically false.

Any riven with .55 or higher, the riven can substitute for two mods, flat out. Any riven with a disposition, higher than 1.2 the riven can absolutely change not only what the weapon can kill, but base functionality as well.

Tenno said: "Rivens are for fun, they aren't essential or for the meta. " No matter how good a riven is, it's not essential.

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

No, it really was the RNG. You could be killed despite doing absolutely NOTHING wrong

If you think "nothing wrong" implies having the wrong combination, then you should check up your definition of "wrong", because it's pretty wrong.

__

EDIT: I forgot to write my unpopular opinion: Operators are the real end of the game, behind a giant grindi wall is one of the most powerful things in the game and saying "The operator is just a energy source" is one of the most ignorant comments of the community. I can understand that they don't like it for some reasons, but to say they are weak because people didn't unlock schools and waybounds is the same as criticizing any frame in range 0 with 0 mods and 0 efforts in that frame. If you unlocked everything and got useful arcanes, an operator can overcome a warframe in terms of utility (and sometimes even damage).

My problem with it was: I down a lich easily, taking little to no damage, and then lich insta-kills me. Just like that. The same lich that could do jack to me a few moments ago.

18 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

You must love D&D games then. They are all about doing everything right, and getting the less desired results, leaving your luck to a dice roll.

Clearly, anyone that has never really played D&D games would say it is the luck of the dice.

But back to the actual discussion, not a random attack on D&D games...#ProtectD&DGamesFromRandomAttacks2020, the Lich killing Tenno just because they have the wrong mods can be seen as a tad bit of overkill.

Instead of the 'git gud' and 'noone is forcing you to play' mindset...those that feel killing the Tenno and stealing resources would support the Lich permanently stealing Nitain, Mutagen, Kuva, and Endo and never returning it on each failed attempt to kill a Lich. It would seem to be a good compromise...

4 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

Ihate particle effects too, that's why I'm not a masochist and disable them to enjoy playing-

Tenno said: "Rivens are for fun, they aren't essential or for the meta. " No matter how good a riven is, it's not essential.

If you think "nothing wrong" implies having the wrong combination, then you should check up your definition of "wrong", because it's pretty wrong.

Getting assets in this game requires killing enemies, rivens amplify this in method and mechanic paradigms that only Operators can equal. Secondly continual rivens dispute your supposed premise outright.

46 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

by average joes are you referring to the riven mafia? Yea a few people should be able to charge thousands of plat for rivens because they were able to manipulate the market.

I wish they would just get rid of rivens. I hope more meta weapons get dropped to 1 at least.

Get over it?

3 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Getting assets in this game requires killing enemies, rivens amplify this in method and mechanic paradigms that only Operators can equal. Secondly continual rivens dispute your supposed premise outright.

But is not essential, that's the key word. They are good? Of course. Can be meta? Of course. But they aren't essential, almsot every weapon can perform well with the "base" mdos (every non riven mod), of course a weapon will be betetr with a good riven, but, again, is not essential. 

12 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

But is not essential, that's the key word. They are good? Of course. Can be meta? Of course. But they aren't essential, almsot every weapon can perform well with the "base" mdos (every non riven mod), of course a weapon will be betetr with a good riven, but, again, is not essential. 

Semantics.

Weapons require mods. Mods come in either utility or amplification or a blend thereof. Rivens reduce the amounts of mods needed by up to a factor of four or alternately boost the same elements that mods entail by up to 700%, and their introduction was entirely derived so DE could actively avoid balancing weapons cyclically and perennially.

DE being unable to comprehend the long term ramifications of their own idea is kind of a running theme these days.

And to your first point sure I love getting drunk and playing the game with monitor off as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to do it very often, as as a poster already pointed out, having a purple mod in my Tigris that guaranteed 100% status, fired through an entire group of enemies with one shot and shortened reloading by almost a third, nevermind allowed me to put in a 165% damage increase as well is pretty essential once used.

Your premise of every purple mod simply being MOAR DMGS is simply incorrect.

2 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Semantics.

Weapons require mods. Mods come in either utility or amplification or a blend thereof. Rivens reduce the amounts of mods needed by up to a factor of four or alternately boost the same elements that mods entail by up to 700%, and their introduction was entirely derived so DE could actively avoid balancing weapons cyclically and perennially.

DE being unable to comprehend the long term ramifications of their own idea is kind of a running theme these days.

And to your first point sure I love getting drunk and playing the game with monitor off as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to do it very often, as as a poster already pointed out, having a purple mod in my Tigris that guaranteed 100% status, fired through an entire group of enemies with one shot and shortened reloading by almost a third, nevermind allowed me to put in a 165% damage increase as well is pretty essential once used.

Your premise of every purple mod simply being MOAR DMGS is simply incorrect.

And when I stated they were just for dmg? I like utility rivens a lot and also consider them superior to "multishot / cc / sc / cd" "god tier" rivens. I have a tigris without riven and I can still wipeout almsot every enemy with 1 or 2 shots. They aren't essential, just a nice bonus for wathever you want to roll.

31 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

I direct you to:

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

List of stuff you did correctly:

Farmed Thralls, succeeded several missions, brought the correct loadout for the Lich's weaknesses, outmaneuvered and outfought your Lich.

List of stuff you did "wrong":

Didn't roll a 6 on a 1d6 instant death check

Failing at trial and error will not and will never be a failure of the player. It's just improper game design

Higher level enemies are too weak now with changes to armor scaling.  Testing against level 170s in the simulacrum now feels like level 90 enemies prior to changes. 

Rivens are pointless now since I can 1-2 shot without them 😴

3 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

What does WoW have to do with this? Also I swear I have read that exact post previously. I've been given used content.

If people can't handle dying, we should kill them more until they get over it. 

I mentioned WoW's rested xp in a thread recently. That one about whether there's any difference between adding a higher level starchart or letting players nerf themselves for a challenge. Maybe you read it there.

7 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I direct you to:

I've read it and makes no sense at all. it can't be compared to d&d scheme, because you aren't going for just rng, you are going looking to match 3 mods and that order (unkown for the plaeyr) DON'T change on the same lich. Never change. It would be pure rng if the combination changed everytime the lich killed you, but isn't the case at all. You aren't rolling. If you effectively had the combination, there is no "rng", the lich just dies and that's all. The mode isn't about "trial and error", is about "get the right combination to kill it" and you can do it without stabing the lich from long ago. Trial and error is one of the approach to the content, no one forced you to take that path when we have plenty of ways to know the combination since the beginning (and expanded on further updates).

4 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

I've read it and makes no sense at all. it can't be compared to d&d scheme, because you aren't going for just rng, you are going looking to match 3 mods and that order (unkown for the plaeyr) DON'T change on the same lich. Never change. It would be pure rng if the combination changed everytime the lich killed you, but isn't the case at all. You aren't rolling. If you effectively had the combination, there is no "rng", the lich just dies and that's all. The mode isn't about "trial and error", is about "get the right combination to kill it" and you can do it without stabing the lich from long ago. Trial and error is one of the approach to the content, no one forced you to take that path when we have plenty of ways to know the combination since the beginning (and expanded on further updates).

No, you couldn't

There was and is NO WAY to get the right order without trial-and-error. You can farm up all 200 thralls, and fail three times in a row (because of how permutation sets work) with the stupid trial-and-error

And when failing meant getting killed, that's BAD GAME DESIGN. No I don't care that the punishment was negligible, it's still BAD GAME DESIGN and is to be terminated WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE. Which the devs did

16 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

No, you couldn't

There was and is NO WAY to get the right order without trial-and-error. You can farm up all 200 thralls, and fail three times in a row (because of how permutation sets work) with the stupid trial-and-error

And when failing meant getting killed, that's BAD GAME DESIGN. No I don't care that the punishment was negligible, it's still BAD GAME DESIGN and is to be terminated WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE. Which the devs did

Whinging so hard you had to turn the capslock on. 

11 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

No, you couldn't

I thought it was permutation, but it isn't. If you don't know the order but know the 3 mdos, you just have "to die" like 4 times (can be more if you had terrible luck picking the order, 6 times max).

Why is bad game design? Literally everygame punishes you somehow if you fail (hp reaching 0, touching spikes, falling in a hole, touching fire, I could be going but I think the idea is clear). Why in warframe dying because you failed is bad?

How do you even play d&d if a bad roll can literally kill you on a session? Somehow in d&d is fine having a worse kind of rng, but then in warframe having to "try" (yes, I was wrong, I forgot the part "now you need to put them in order" part) to knwo the order, and get "killed" (you don't even die and no one is forcing you to stay dead, like a GM can do on a session).

Also: Writing things on caps and italic won't make your arguments harder. They just backpedaled because some people couldn't take being killed in warframe. Their illusion of a "power fantasy" was destroyed. That thing was one of the most childish community rages in a long time. The only thing I can agree on that mechanic being bad, is losing 10% of the exp during a defense mission. That was bad.

Mine's a fun one:

Hunting Caches in Pubs while the rest of my team sit at the extraction point, who never helped me majority of the time to search for the Caches. Trust me, Caches are not difficult. It's just that they are not rewarding most of the time. Besides, I doubt majority of the playerbase who aren't new are aware of the secret locations in some of the tilesets in the game.

1 hour ago, xHeretic said:

__

EDIT: I forgot to write my unpopular opinion: Operators are the real end of the game, behind a giant grindi wall is one of the most powerful things in the game and saying "The operator is just a energy source" is one of the most ignorant comments of the community. I can understand that they don't like it for some reasons, but to say they are weak because people didn't unlock schools and waybounds is the same as criticizing any frame in range 0 with 0 mods and 0 efforts in that frame. If you unlocked everything and got useful arcanes, an operator can overcome a warframe in terms of utility (and sometimes even damage).

I love operators. I use mines for melee buffs and to get my ass out of dodge. 

Mine: that abandoning the stealth part of "space ninja" hasn't done the game any favours.

I'm all for running through and blasting armies once in a while, but it's become so much of the core game that it feels bland, even without cheese strats like nukes. Stealth, meanwhile, has been relegated to the beginning of the game, little pockets in Spy missions, and tiny parts of some Focus farming methods. I'd love to have stealthing through a mission be the ideal and fighting armies be the consequence of messing up the main route (instead of just instant failure, cf. Spy missions). Like if the rewards for doing it "properly" were leagues above the rewards for being reckless.

25 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

How do you even play d&d if a bad roll can literally kill you on a session?

Just to quickly slip in here:

The main difference between rolls in D&D and the Requiem system is that the former are caused by player choices. It's more akin to playing, say, Poker or Blackjack: at the end of the day, it boils down to odds, but players are very involved, hedging bets and bluffing and finding optimal vantage points to get the best odds.

The main issue with the Requiem system isn't just that players lack that kind of relationship with the proverbial roll of the dice, but also that it's the first time it's even conceptualized in the game. D&D starts out with dice rolls building character sheets. Card games start out with bets and odds. They open with an implicit (or sometimes explicit) notion of "you can get screwed if you don't play the odds right". The failed rolls on Requiem attempts aren't only independent of players, they come very late in a game that doesn't even hint at a "roll well or get ducked" idea.

Basically: RNG failure can work just fine. Throwing that kind of curveball late in the game, with no early-game indication, and with minimal if not non-existent player influence doesn't work so well.

2 hours ago, Yakhul said:

You must love D&D games then. They are all about doing everything right, and getting the less desired results, leaving your luck to a dice roll.

That is a very basic (and even more flawed) understanding of how DnD works. You even play?

4 hours ago, Zahnny said:

I actually enjoyed that the Liches were able to kill us. Though that might be more the fact I just liked the grapple animations and throws.

I think that's the most popular opinion. Makes no sense how that was a bigger problem than the murmur loop. I think it was some loud few crying about deaths. And also, it was an easier to appease than to do actual changes that takes time to write code for. 

I thought as well that getting killed because of RNG was stupid but also exciting to see if I was correct with the order.

I wouldn't have minded if the Lich finisher animation played when the final Murmur has revealed 3rd Requiem mod. It would be sayisfying "f u" from the Lich.

"You got 2 correct but you got the last one wrong. Now let me finally show you how it's done"

*Snaps warframe's spine*

Archived