Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unpopular Warframe opinions thread?

Zahnny

Saryn is a babied warframe for absolutely no reason and most people that main her are elitist on a frame that is the most braindead to play. 

Saryn does not deserve the praise she gets.

Also Volt is only useful for focus

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

why is this slowly turning into a popular opinion thread again?

Because a lot of this opinions aren't "unpopular" at all it seems, just are overshadowed by the tantrum-lover part of the community wich likes to talk pretty LOUD and gets more attention due to drama (like most of the youtubers the last 2 years). Reddit suffers this too, the thread with more memes and more rant is more visible than actual opinions, this thread have a lot of cool insights despite a little of controversy. 

48 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

Because a lot of this opinions aren't "unpopular" at all it seems, just are overshadowed by the tantrum-lover part of the community wich likes to talk pretty LOUD and gets more attention due to drama (like most of the youtubers the last 2 years). Reddit suffers this too, the thread with more memes and more rant is more visible than actual opinions, this thread have a lot of cool insights despite a little of controversy. 

Wait, so youtubers are now called drama queen tantrum loud mouth when they say how hard DE is sucking on the last three update releases? 🤔

Let me leave this here again. 

With all honesty he's not far from the truth. Other youtubers that agrees on the same critiques is Grind Hard Squad. Sorry but the truth is that. DE fumbled hard. 

The magic of Warframe is gone. That excitement is just one. It's up to what DE does that rescue or throws Warframe on the shopping rock. 

29 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Wait, so youtubers are now called drama queen tantrum loud mouth when they say how hard DE is sucking on the last three update releases? 🤔

No, they are called like that when start to shout things because they cannot milk on warframe every day and "demands" quality updates every week. I can't take the opinion from someone who can't live with their own choices, every youtuber who "left" and now is here like nothing happened is disgusting for me. Bashing DE because they do take bad decisions is fine, being a drama addicted person to gain followers, views and likes is despicable. I wish they all get removed. I'm not gonna name youtubers, but a lot of partners can do a critic without shouting to 4 winds "THAT'S IT, I'M DONE WITH THIS GAME !!" and then coming back 2 months after. They can make a valid critic instead tantrums based on "how much poor content they release" because that affects your e-wallet. Of course the last 3 updates have been released in a poor state and the biggest mistake from the devs was releasing railjack and then go on vacation. That was a very bad decision, no matter how desperate they were to release it, they could relase one week before the actual release and most of the drama would be inexistent. But choices were made and here we are. Beating a dead horse is pretty lame, I wish that partner you like to spam was faithful to his decisions and really stopped doing the things he "hates" when he says that he will stop doing it, instead of making an attention video saying that " he leaves Warframe "and then go back and pretend nothing happened. People can change their minds, that's why, if you are a content creator, can be smart and say something like "I'm taking a brak from warframe, I'm burned out by blablabla ..." instead the examples I've mentioned here. That's why "youtubers are now called drama queen tantrum loud mouth when they say how hard DE is sucking on the last three update releases?" isn't real. 

Here a gift for you:

The drama Youtubers have no honor
The drama youtubers used to be constructive, but now all they make is drama.
Bad videos with bad memes, cringe and disgusting, just like drama youtubers
The drama youtubers prey on DE but we, we prey on the drama youtubers
The content of drama youtubers deteriorates over time... Is that was make them drama addicted?
You'd think they'd copy something a little less... lame?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Versix said:

You better stop talking smack about my warcrimefu.

(You're not entirely wrong though, Saryn is the current face of Lazyframe, but don't blame the frame when the problem's in the LEET PRO GAMER attitude)

10 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Actual tanks in videogames have decreased dps capacity in favor of defensive stats.

I mean unless you're playing something like World of Tanks, where the waters get muddied a bit.

4 hours ago, Versix said:

Saryn is a babied warframe for absolutely no reason and most people that main her are elitist on a frame that is the most braindead to play. 

Also Volt is only useful for focus

I as a Chroma main who has a lot of their kills stolen by Saryns agrees with you. Hopefully I can blacklist Saryn users in my game.

• Like 1

Before this gets hammered

• We don't need any more warframes and weapons... If I wanted to catch em all, I'd play frikkin Pokemon. Which I already do.
  • Sacrifice new Warframes and weapons and bring us more LORE based content instead.
  • Warframe lore is way too fragment-esque. Idk if you just don't give a damn about the Game's story or if this is intentioned - something more precise would be nice.
  • No Warframe Anime please. Write a novel based on WF instead.

Hate away...

7 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Fine, you want to get technical in a forum? Why not. 

Their lines doesn't give any insight or add depth to the story. They are recurrent and sometimes are just noise filler. Tennos should have a personality or something that makes them feel alive. Providing empty lines on what they are seeing makes them look like clueless pretentious teens. 

Look for example the lines seen in The Last of us. These are good writers that digs into the character, their characters are not incidental. 

Yeah, that's what I said when I analysed a couple of them.

Having said that - don't forget that they're meant to be at least somewhat blank-slate avatars.

7 hours ago, Felsagger said:

You can program your phrases. There are some random interaction between characters but they try to say a fragment of the story. However my discussion is on how useful these lines could be. The writers are just being lazy or inane to say the least. Writers should put more effort and acting on the Tenno. They feel like dolls a

You CAN, but that A: Requires a lot more lines and B: can only really be used when the places the characters go is significant to their history. For the Operators, not only do we visit a couple hundred generic bases, most of them are completely meaningless to the fish-out-of-water Operators. Everywhere significant to them is long since demolished.

8 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Professionals? 

HAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Aside from the point of directing having as much effect as acting skill, Professional in this situation more means the fact that they cost a lot of money and have more jobs than just Warframe, and Warframe doesn't have the same budget as Activision to pull them in whenever they so desire.

8 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Yes Cy is a good start. I don't find him annoying. I find him precise. Almost all the game dialogue should feel similar in combat. 

I like Cy too, but there's plenty of people who don't.

Just as there's many people who like Operators, and plenty of people who don't.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Yes Cy is a good start. I don't find him annoying. I find him precise. Almost all the game dialogue should feel similar in combat. 

DE should add depth on this. The game deserves much more. 

Very much agreed. Especially when you're running all over across a Railjack mission map, I seriously appreciate the head's up when certain events take place (ie: ramsleds, crewships, etc) Also, I personally like the dry snark that Cy tends to bring as a comparison to Ordis :P

The Operator gets super chatty at times with random catchphrases and things that are more jarring to me since they don't actually have relevance to what's happening. 

• Like 1

hmm maybe i should provide more unpopular opinions.

I dont agree with meta guys saying everything that isnt meta is garbage,cept maybe lato,aklato the mk1 weapons and the stug.

I dont like arca plasmor,im not a fun of slow weapons with annoying long reload that require you to have a reload mod,most of like arca plasmor "players" also play in such a dead brain style... i see people just straight up running into enemies spamming the shooting button looks worse for me than melee spamming imo and as far as damage goes its meh unless you pair it with mirage which you can pair almost everything with a good mirage and it would destroy enemies.

Im not a fan of rhino and inaros,inaros i only use when i feel like or on hijack cuase hijack boring inaros is tanky but his abillities are kinda niche imo and its not my own kind of niche tbh

Rhino,IRON SKEEEN! and people will be like " BUT RHINO HAS OTHER ABELETIAS!" damage buff which like a bunch of frames already has and they are as good if not better and more fun to use than rhinos,tho its neat that rhino can share that buff with others.

Panthera is my guilty pleasure tho i dunno if its an unpopular opinion or not.

Unpopular opinion?

"Anyone who follows any talking head on any medium for any reason on any subject, without verifying the data themsleves, deserves to be damaged by the misinformation presented."

Why would anyone listen to anything some chatty-kathy on YouTube and assume they know what they are talking about when it's just another medium for people to present opinions?

And why on earth would you let some talking head on YouTube form your opinions for you? 

Talking heads get paid to talk, not convey good data.

Edited by Zimzala
speeling
  • Like 2

On 2020-04-20 at 9:09 PM, DrivaMain said:

Time to say something that will trigger a subset of people

*Breathes*

RAILJACK IS FUN YOU JUST DON’T LIKE IT BECAUSE IT’S NOT MEANT FOR YOU SO STOP COMPLAINING AND GO BACK TO STANDARD WARFRAME

I think we all just know Railjack is objectively poorly designed.

Also the fact that we can't hop out to attack enemies in Archwing because the new projectile bullets move like turtles blows.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xHeretic said:

No, they are called like that when start to shout things because they cannot milk on warframe every day and "demands" quality updates every week. I can't take the opinion from someone who can't live with their own choices, every youtuber who "left" and now is here like nothing happened is disgusting for me. Bashing DE because they do take bad decisions is fine, being a drama addicted person to gain followers, views and likes is despicable.

Your word has no more value than their words. What you are saying here are just false accusations without proof. Second they have a verbal way of expressing themselves. I picked a random youtuber that is going through the critique. There are dozen of them saying the same thing. Second, how they do business is not my concern or your concern. If what they are saying is true or false, then we argue on the content of the video. We re not here to be judges. 

He did more than you could ever do for the community. He helped build advertisement for the game and builds. You have done none. He took his time filming while you are here being a keyboard warrior calling them names. Sorry but to tell you the truth, your word is held less accountable than theirs. 

I wish they all get removed.

This is why I can't take your words seriously. You are removing a team of people who helped build a Warframe community because they are critiquing DE. So now we prosecute the clients instead of the vendor? 

Sorry you lost every once of reputation you have left. The reason is simple, we should be demanding quality from DE without accepting incomplete and fumbled releases. If we accept that we give them free licence to continue doing so. 

Of course the last 3 updates have been released in a poor state and the biggest mistake from the devs was releasing railjack and then go on vacation. That was a very bad decision, no matter how desperate they were to release it, they could release one week before the actual release and most of the drama would be inexistent.

That is one of the reasons why DE is loosing magic. That is why DE is loosing momentum. This is why people are not having any excitement with War frame. They are killing the game with these moves. It is pretty simple. 

But choices were made and here we are.

And DE needs to take the heat for their wrong decisions as they take the ovation for the right decisions. 

Beating a dead horse is pretty lame, I wish that partner you like to spam was faithful to his decisions and really stopped doing the things he "hates" when he says that he will stop doing it, instead of making an attention video saying that " he leaves Warframe "and then go back and pretend nothing happened.

Wrong again. You are obviously not watching the video. You are simply white knighting. Iflynn simply said that he will be AFK for the time being with Warframe. And there is a difference on leaving the game and being frustrated. These youtubers dedicated their productive time for Warframe and all of the sudden DE is sucking hard with the releases. Of course they will be affected due to the lack of performance done by DE. DE is sucking them down to a funnel. The game is loosing clients and hence they loose viewers. 

People can change their minds, that's why, if you are a content creator, can be smart and say something like "I'm taking a brak from warframe, I'm burned out by blablabla ..."

But he said that. Again you proved to me that you are not even watching the video carefully. 

instead the examples I've mentioned here. That's why "youtubers are now called drama queen tantrum loud mouth when they say how hard DE is sucking on the last three update releases?" isn't real. 

But it is real. This guy Iflynn is not the only one who is saying this. There are many others. DE lost the touch and that is the reality of it. 

Here a gift for you:

The drama Youtubers have no honor
The drama youtubers used to be constructive, but now all they make is drama.
Bad videos with bad memes, cringe and disgusting, just like drama youtubers
The drama youtubers prey on DE but we, we prey on the drama youtubers
The content of drama youtubers deteriorates over time... Is that was make them drama addicted?
You'd think they'd copy something a little less... lame?

Here is a gift to you:

DE should talk less and do more. DE should be a developer not a PR representative.

DE should invest time on the game play instead of focusing on trinkets like fashion frame.

DE must play their own game more often and listen to the community. 

DE prays on the clueless and the clueless defends DE even when they know that their last three performances where abysmal. 

The content on DE deteriorate over time and that is what steams all these critiques. 

DE is copying from many games loosing the main objective and what made this game interesting in the first place.

Actions speaks louder than words. 

34 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

DE is copying from many games loosing the main objective and what made this game interesting in the first place.

What do you reckon made Warframe interesting in the first place? 🤔 I’ve seen a lot of posts floating around about the “Good ol’ days of Warframe”, but while I thought I understood what they were lacking, eventually I came to the realisation that I don’t actually know, and am now seeking a perspective that can paint me a picture (from your personal impressions) of what a player thinks made Warframe interesting at the start. I’d be quite glad to see an alternative take on what brought someone to Warframe!

25 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

What do you reckon made Warframe interesting in the first place? 🤔 I’ve seen a lot of posts floating around about the “Good ol’ days of Warframe”, but while I thought I understood what they were lacking, eventually I came to the realisation that I don’t actually know, and am now seeking a perspective that can paint me a picture (from your personal impressions) of what a player thinks made Warframe interesting at the start. I’d be quite glad to see an alternative take on what brought someone to Warframe!

Maybe the Chinese strategy of 'copycat that game' doesn't work much these days since everyone has the 'youtube'. 

The process of what made Warframe great was the complexity of discovery and how things works. After that is passed then you are left with the levels, enemies and the challenges. A game of this sort must depend on discovery, larger levels and raids. Yes raids where you have some fun with other people. DE took risky decisions and a good one was Railjack however the delivery needs to be stronger and robust in order to work. DE business strategy requires a greater level of sustainability. People are asking for single player quests, more lore, exploration and of course more love on the central core of the game, that is more parkour abilities, physical interactions with the levels and better game mechanics. 

Maybe the most important thing here is the balance between retention of veterans who sells the game and acquisition of new players. If the game mechanics and the releases are polished then DE wins on the long run on both parties. The problem is DE's laziness and their lack of discipline. Whatever they do will work if there is some robustness in it. Quality matters and content matters. There can be long drought seasons if these where followed with quality. There could be an agenda divided on a time for polish and a time updating with quality. DE must get organized and tackle one problem at a time. Trying to do many will place them here in this position. 

It is not about working harder without free days. It is about working smarter tackling fundamental problems of performance, game play, degree of polish, bug fixing and then content release. For example the content for Titania was awful in terms of her apparel. The deluxe skin is better than the prime model. Release material should be carefully revised. DE is not in the brink of extinction but their decisions are equivocated and their attitude must be improved. The community is breaking apart and becoming highly toxic and volatile against themselves. That is the first sign of death. The only ones that can stop that is DE with restitution their performance without making short term solutions to hide the problem. 

What made people join in Warframe? The lore and the character, the single player campaigns and of course the sense of exploration. 

5 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

The process of what made Warframe great was the complexity of discovery and how things works. After that is passed then you are left with the levels, enemies and the challenges.

<snip>

What made people join in Warframe? The lore and the character, the single player campaigns and of course the sense of exploration. 

Alright, so this quoted bit is, as far as I can tell, your answer to my question.

I’ll be honest, I wish the rest of your post gave me more of an impression of why you thought Warframe was interesting when you first joined 😕 I didn’t ask for your business acumen and how DE does it wrong, I asked what made Warframe interesting for you at the start

Personally, I joined Warframe for other reasons, so I hope you won’t mind my re-interpreting your claim at the end as “What do I think made people join in Warframe?”

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I joined because a couple poeple in my PnP RPG suggested it as I love MMOs.

I stay/return because it is a unique IP and world and because it's fun to kill pixels as a space ninja.

The tiny details that so many people want to live and die over mean nothing to me...why would I care if weapon X is +/-10% better or worse from yesterday, they all kill the pixels...this idea of wrapping ones own emotional outlook up in the details of a game is not healthy, IME.

The game is fun and when I am ready for something else, I play something else and return to WF when I feel like playing it.

IMO, some people have only two modes, no grey area, just love it or hate it and many simply cannot abide someone liking something they have chosen to hate...the competitive gamer thinks everything is a battle, IME.

I prefer not to give money to game companies that don't at least try and 'do the thing', DE has some of my money and they will get more, I don't see a problem there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’ll be honest, I wish the rest of your post gave me more of an impression of why you thought Warframe was interesting when you first joined 😕 I didn’t ask for your business acumen and how DE does it wrong, I asked what made Warframe interesting for you at the start

The question was answered at the end. And yes I talked about how hard DE is sucking and why they are fumbling. Besides we want to point out how much lack of faith DE is having lately with their own project. 

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Personally, I joined Warframe for other reasons, so I hope you won’t mind my re-interpreting your claim at the end as “What do I think made people join in Warframe?”

I'll answer your question completely now. 

I joined because I had no other game at the moment when I purchased the PS4. It was free and I wanted to see what the game was about. I was motivated by what youtubers posted and how the game was fast paced. The game evolved into a fast parkour performance of skills and precision. I liked that. If we compare it with the skill set we can mention the game play of Doom Eternal now. 

The story was fascinating when you discover the War Frames and you involve weapons, strategies, abilities and evasion towards the AI. Once the war frame had the unlocked abilities I wanted to search for more interaction with the environment. Exploring, jumping to unreachable places, trying to search for rare objects and discover the lore. The layering of four systems got me involved but more on point was the fast paced game play and the illusion of having different types of enemies. 

The raids where a great game changer for me due to the rewards. I left Deadstiny for this game finding an alternative to this game type. The F2P got me hooked with all the great DLC releases, good war warframes and new weapons. Even I was happy with the rivens where old weapons where rediscovered and placed in a relevant scope. The constant motivation for me was the tile set maps and the sci fi aspect of it. However these levels where too limited and my interest shifted towards the open world game like Fortuna and Plains of Eidolons. Those where good experiences for me but they felt empty and barren after long visits with the Eidolons and Profit Taker. 

I was expecting battles with two Eidolons or raids where you battle against a horde of Eidolons trying to take the towers while the natives brings in defenses and the Grineer defends their posts while we try to mole down the Eidolons. But then I realized that such thing was not the intended goal. Then I moved toward railjack getting all the stuff for it. Once I finished I barely return doing missions in Veil Proxima. Levels feels barren and empty like those in PoE and Fortuna. 

Right now I simply share good moments with the peers in the clan speaking about adult stuff while we play Warframe in the background. We get few rounds and then we venture to Overwatch and other multi player games. The clan is very friendly and we help the new player get into the game. At least he will have a lot of fun hours building up his set of Canadian Chinese Pokemon collection. Other people gets fascinated with the hardware creeping and others play the game for few months and move on. 

That's your answer. 

6 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

I stay/return because it is a unique IP and world and because it's fun to kill pixels as a space ninja.

Warframes ARE NOT space ninjas. These things are something else. 

The game is fun and when I am ready for something else, I play something else and return to WF when I feel like playing it.

True. Warframe is an 'accessory game'. It's not a full fledged self contained game like Horizon Zero Dawn or any other dedicated game. Waframe feels like the left overs between the launch of great titles. Warframe is like a cockroach that eats the food that drops off the table. It's a free game so yes, the whole thing depends on sales and an economy to stay alive and relevant. 

I prefer not to give money to game companies that don't at least try and 'do the thing', DE has some of my money and they will get more, I don't see a problem there.

But they are loosing a lot of clients because their performance is declining. Eventually I'll simply hop in every three months stop investing in them, see what's up and carry on playing other games after I get the free content doing some grinding.  

Classical life of a veteran.