The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe gets stuck in "crouching" status

(XBOX)JeneralBen

I'm sorry, but I'm listening to a bunch of recent hotfixes, and I have a bug that has been around since I started playing circa 2017.

I feel that this is a high impact bug because it makes the game feel terrible and frustrating when it happens.  I got it twice last night.  Sometimes I get it once a week.

When playing on Xbox One with a controller, my warframe will get stuck in a "crouching" state.  The game acts as though I am continually holding down the crouch button, and this makes it hard to move and do anything until I realize what is going on.  Pressing the crouch button again fixes it, but it is difficult to do so without accidentally making an unintended movement.

At first I thought it could be a problem with the game detecting my button presses and releases, but maybe it has to do with character state scripting? 

It feels like the bug comes and goes in spurts, but that is anecdotal.  I have encountered this bug with three different controllers and 2 xboxes.  In my settings, crouch is not set to "toggle".

I have attached a video where it is happening.  I am not holding crouch for the entire time after the ability is cast.  Note that in this particular case, it seems related to the fact that an ability was cast.  I have had a few other problems that seem to be related to doing things while an ability is cast. 

However, I have not been able to see a pattern of this bug only happening when an ability is cast.  This just happened to be the first video I got.

https://youtu.be/96cmSyBFJhQ

• Like 1

Well, not sure if you run same controller layout as me but I have the same issue, but it generally has nothing to do with ability cast(unless you count transferrence) being as pushing RB + LB at same time, it's like it locks the button thinking you are holding, i have noticed the same thing you can actually recreate it on purpose to see example, if you go into operator mode, push LB to go into void mode and while still holding LB and push start for menu, let off LB and exit menu you stay in void mode till you tap LB again to turn crouch/void mode off.  

P.S Not really game breaking, per se...just a minor inconvenience having to correct it every time.

Edited by (XB1)Pedman711
Added P.S.

I agree that it seems to not normally be related to casting an ability.

Game breaking?  Not really.  But this is the only game I play where it happens and it feels really bad.  It feels like a bad F2P game instead of a good F2P game. 

It feels like something someone would have caught and fixed over the 3 years I've been playing.

The RB + LB for operator is a thing for me too.  I recently switched to RB + Right Stick and it feels a lot better but I haven't done a lot of operator intense activities recently.  

Thank you for providing a way to reproduce the problem, now only if someone at DE would take up the cause and check what's going on 🙂

Part of me says "how hard is it to have the game check the controller state every few cycles" but I shouldn't assume it's that simple. 

• 2 weeks later...

I usually is pretty bothersome, however...I figured out a way to use it to my advantage... if I need to check mission progress or something in menu...i just pop out of frame, go into void mode as operator, push start for menu(and stay in void cause of said bug) and then not worry about dying while I'm checking whatever, then when I'm done i just get back into frame and carry on.  Bright side, improvise/adapt/overcome, and all.