Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[IC / Open RP] Treasures of Lua

Psychotoxin

1 minute ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius quickly flailed his arm to try getting the feeling of touching Sentient material. "Well... that explains the Sentient/Orokin appearance." I assume he was about to say "kidnap", but it's not my business. "She's rather... interesting. Having a Murex definitely opens up a lot of opportunities."

“Yea it does, it also mean I have to raise a child the size of a ship with capability to blow a hole through a galleon. She means well and is very intelligent  however it also has the temperament of an 12 year old child.” He released the poor projection who proceeded to pout.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

“Yea it does, it also mean I have to raise a child the size of a ship with capability to blow a hole through a galleon. She means well and is very intelligent  however it also has the temperament of an 12 year old child.” He released the poor projection who proceeded to pout.

Kacilius uncomfortably just stood there. He wasn't sure whether to comfort the Murex or leave her alone. "What's her name?"

9 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius uncomfortably just stood there. He wasn't sure whether to comfort the Murex or leave her alone. "What's her name?"

“Honestly I don’t know some indecipherable sentient noise. Murex don’t usually get names like the guiding minds do: ergo erra and hunhow. So I’ve just referred to her as “Rex”.

44 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

“Honestly I don’t know some indecipherable sentient noise. Murex don’t usually get names like the guiding minds do: ergo erra and hunhow. So I’ve just referred to her as “Rex”.

"Rex, huh? Is she fine now, or... should I do something?" Kacilius was slightly uncomfortable with Rex due to her Sentient nature, but tried to play it off.  He looked around for something to slightly distract himself.

17 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Rex, huh? Is she fine now, or... should I do something?" Kacilius was slightly uncomfortable with Rex due to her Sentient nature, but tried to play it off.  He looked around for something to slightly distract himself.

“Yeah she’ll pout but it’s ok” Shard stuck his hand into the strange mass and started fiddling around to look for something. “So anyways you ok you look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

On 2020-12-05 at 9:02 AM, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

“Yeah she’ll pout but it’s ok” Shard stuck his hand into the strange mass and started fiddling around to look for something. “So anyways you ok you look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

"I'm... fine. Just... shaken that I touched the 'wrong' thing." I am definitely not fine, I hate Sentients and honestly, she is acting somewhat creepy. Do Sentients usually act like this?

1 hour ago, EpicdudeX said:

"I'm... fine. Just... shaken that I touched the 'wrong' thing." I am definitely not fine, I hate Sentients and honestly, she is acting somewhat creepy. Do Sentients usually act like this?

“It’s not really the ‘wrong’ thing, just a amorphous one.” Shard said while pulling out some contraption that looked like what had been a pair of glasses. “Usually she isn’t so frazzled, we just don’t get many guests often...because I have no friends... so she just get very shy and nervous giver her a minute or two and she’ll pull herself together.”

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

“It’s not really the ‘wrong’ thing, just a amorphous one.” Shard said while pulling out some contraption that looked like what had been a pair of glasses. “Usually she isn’t so frazzled, we just don’t get many guests often...because I have no friends... so she just get very shy and nervous giver her a minute or two and she’ll pull herself together.”

"Oh, that makes sense..." Kacilius slowly approached Rex, making sure not to startle the Murex. I wonder how much she's "changed". She doesn't seem that dangerous, more like... inexperience.

10 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Oh, that makes sense..." Kacilius slowly approached Rex, making sure not to startle the Murex. I wonder how much she's "changed". She doesn't seem that dangerous, more like... inexperience.

Still curled up into a ball the smaller hologram turned around to face the guest slowly looking up but not meeting eyes.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

Still curled up into a ball the smaller hologram turned around to face the guest slowly looking up but not meeting eyes.

"Hi there... don't worry, I won't do anything." Kacilius looked at Shard for some clues as for what to do. "How are you, Rex? Everything ok?"

37 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Hi there... don't worry, I won't do anything." Kacilius looked at Shard for some clues as for what to do. "How are you, Rex? Everything ok?"

The hologram made some incoherent speech, whatever it was it wasn’t English, while making hand motions as if trying to explain something. It continued vocalizing expressing frustration in its inability to communicate properly.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

The hologram made some incoherent speech, whatever it was it wasn’t English, while making hand motions as if trying to explain something. It continued vocalizing expressing frustration in its inability to communicate properly.

"Uh... sorry, I can't understand you at all. You can understand me though, right?" How does Shard communicate with her? A translator or something?

1 hour ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Uh... sorry, I can't understand you at all. You can understand me though, right?" How does Shard communicate with her? A translator or something?

Rex stood up and walked over to Shard... for a hologram she had a very real and very powerful right hook for someone her size. After mouthing a few unkind gestures shard fiddled with a few buttons before sending her back over. *Sorry about that guest, that blockhead I call my owner forgot to open my communication channel to others*

57 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

Rex stood up and walked over to Shard... for a hologram she had a very real and very powerful right hook for someone her size. After mouthing a few unkind gestures shard fiddled with a few buttons before sending her back over. *Sorry about that guest, that blockhead I call my owner forgot to open my communication channel to others*

Kacilius was very surprised that a hologram could hit that hard. "Oh, uh, I'm Kacilius Venrai. Shard already introduced you to me. How are you?" Note to self: don't get on the bad side of her.

While the Wisp found herself quite tempted to check out the recreation rooms of the two wings, which she thought she just might find herself spending some time in during her stay. But, ultimately, social hotspots were only one of the reasons why she had come here - the large collection of lunar plants in the gardens was another, and the ruins too. She decided to get a feeling for all the different areas first before making any evening plans.

She brought her bag to her room, for now, which she found rather charming with the different small sun-symbols spread around the furniture. She unpacked a few things from her bag, decided to keep the Fusilai out of sight inside it for now. After a quick checkup in the mirror, that was more a habit than a necessity, she floated back out the sun-wing and towards the gardens. The ruins looked to be rather large, so maybe she'd set aside some hours tomorrow for them - but after her rather late arrival, she didn't want to rush anything.

To find the Pale Garden live up to its name in terms of color was a joy to behold - finding this much Aboroflora in one place usually required rather dangerous excursions into the void or previously-voided areas like Lua and Derelicts. Here, she could actually enjoy it without sentinels watching her back and just taking small samples. Not that she was going to start pricking leaves off any plants here - the temptation was there, when spotting one rarer speciment, but she behaved. Occasionally she stopped to marvel at plants that grew very healthy, or in interesting shapes, or caught her attention for some other indiscernible reason.

On 2020-12-03 at 7:20 PM, AlendasNaro said:

Radou arrived to the sun wing of the hotel and quite liked the warm look of the hallway, part of him slightly regretted for choosing the moon wing but after small amount of thought mostly of his current situation. Mercenary would be criticized here quite a lot, well, depending on how much activity this place will see. Some of that criticism he acknowledges and swallows even if it is painful but some of it doesn't apply to him. (Definitely place where several of my friends old and current deserve to rest for a while without facing descent) Radou thought as he thought about friend from over seven years ago and friend he still has.

He turned away slowly and went back towards garden where he will sit down to read electronic book he bought through his Corpus friend. It is not written in Corpus but in English what the electronic book was about, is commentary of humanity but notably far less propagandized version. When he arrived to garden he sat down and started reading it.

It just so happened that she not only noticed many a flora on her stroll, but also the book a human was reading that sat beside it - and its script, which she recognized. Twisting around in mid air as to peek over his sholder from his side, she directly addressed him: "That can't have been easy to come by."

32 minutes ago, Owlrrex said:

While the Wisp found herself quite tempted to check out the recreation rooms of the two wings, which she thought she just might find herself spending some time in during her stay. But, ultimately, social hotspots were only one of the reasons why she had come here - the large collection of lunar plants in the gardens was another, and the ruins too. She decided to get a feeling for all the different areas first before making any evening plans.

She brought her bag to her room, for now, which she found rather charming with the different small sun-symbols spread around the furniture. She unpacked a few things from her bag, decided to keep the Fusilai out of sight inside it for now. After a quick checkup in the mirror, that was more a habit than a necessity, she floated back out the sun-wing and towards the gardens. The ruins looked to be rather large, so maybe she'd set aside some hours tomorrow for them - but after her rather late arrival, she didn't want to rush anything.

To find the Pale Garden live up to its name in terms of color was a joy to behold - finding this much Aboroflora in one place usually required rather dangerous excursions into the void or previously-voided areas like Lua and Derelicts. Here, she could actually enjoy it without sentinels watching her back and just taking small samples. Not that she was going to start pricking leaves off any plants here - the temptation was there, when spotting one rarer speciment, but she behaved. Occasionally she stopped to marvel at plants that grew very healthy, or in interesting shapes, or caught her attention for some other indiscernible reason.

It just so happened that she not only noticed many a flora on her stroll, but also the book a human was reading that sat beside it - and its script, which she recognized. Twisting around in mid air as to peek over his sholder from his side, she directly addressed him: "That can't have been easy to come by."

Radou had noticed the Wisp and did find it odd one although didn't show it. This world had changed in the most oddest manner ever not horrible, not good but definitely a mixed bag. This is definitely not going to be the last time he sees something odd. He mostly paid attention to the silhouette of the Warframe, doesn't match the one he once saw. "It isn't easy to come by these. There are members of the Corpus who do make sure to know what they are dealing with. I purchased this from the one who hired me." Radou said with some level of respect mixture of professional and maybe even friend. Radou didn't turn off the E-book but looks at the Wisp (Maybe eye to eye) well for the Wisp it is but not for him.

49 minutes ago, AlendasNaro said:

Radou had noticed the Wisp and did find it odd one although didn't show it. This world had changed in the most oddest manner ever not horrible, not good but definitely a mixed bag. This is definitely not going to be the last time he sees something odd. He mostly paid attention to the silhouette of the Warframe, doesn't match the one he once saw. "It isn't easy to come by these. There are members of the Corpus who do make sure to know what they are dealing with. I purchased this from the one who hired me." Radou said with some level of respect mixture of professional and maybe even friend. Radou didn't turn off the E-book but looks at the Wisp (Maybe eye to eye) well for the Wisp it is but not for him.

"Hired you." The Wisp repeated the words, pronouncing each one with curiosity in her voice, yet also a determined steel that showed that every word he said would be put on golden scales, cataloged and filed away, not to be forgotten.

Missing a solid stance for the lack of feet to contact the ground with, the Tenno's body was constantly in motion shifting slightly, like a leaf in a gentle wind, maybe to keep balance. They hired him, a human. Did she find that interesting enough to ask more? At first she thought no, he felt just as all other humans and their kin, somewhat flat and hollow to her. But the book he hold was a strong attractor again.

"And you put that much money on the line, for a book. What an unusual investment." she continued, still inflecting the words as if every single one was carefully chosen to fit an unheard melody. She leaned in closer to read the currently displayed text - which not only was rather close to the man, but also didn't exactly prove very fruitful given that the text was rather complex and not exactly easy to understand from a few glanced sentences.

5 minutes ago, Owlrrex said:

"Hired you." The Wisp repeated the words, pronouncing each one with curiosity in her voice, yet also a determined steel that showed that every word he said would be put on golden scales, cataloged and filed away, not to be forgotten.

Missing a solid stance for the lack of feet to contact the ground with, the Tenno's body was constantly in motion shifting slightly, like a leaf in a gentle wind, maybe to keep balance. They hired him, a human. Did she find that interesting enough to ask more? At first she thought no, he felt just as all other humans and their kin, somewhat flat and hollow to her. But the book he hold was a strong attractor again.

"And you put that much money on the line, for a book. What an unusual investment." she continued, still inflecting the words as if every single one was carefully chosen to fit an unheard melody. She leaned in closer to read the currently displayed text - which not only was rather close to the man, but also didn't exactly prove very fruitful given that the text was rather complex and not exactly easy to understand from a few glanced sentences.

Radou thought for a moment and did angle the book so the Wisp would have a bit more easier time reading it. "Mostly to learn. Books aren't my sole passion, I enjoy the outdoors places such as Plains of Eidolon or Orb Vallis. Both such interesting places to roam around" Radou said saying the mostly to learn with professional tone but when he started to speak about outdoors some level of passion can be felt not exactly same as Wisp's but it might have something to do with it. "Mighty is the cold, on the surface of Venus, at the tundra of Orb Vallis. The daring and the knowing, face the cold and gaze through the veil of white to move forward. When it finally seizes, such splendor is breathtaking and makes anybody to forget the cold" Radou said while not a poet or rhymer. It definitely speaks of his passion for the environment of the place.

On 2020-12-07 at 4:58 PM, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

*I am working at 100% efficiency* she smiled while sitting on what would be an invisible chair.

"I see. How does it feel to control a custom Railjack? I'd think that it would be exhausting but also exhilarating."

On 2020-12-04 at 3:53 AM, WolfmanX9 said:

Thraks didn't flinch at the sudden appearance of the young looking guy, cause of past experience in barracks, but on the other hand, he wouldn't mind trying out at least one of the bottles that the young lad had with him on a hover cart. He would walk toward the dart board, put away the mini-glaives at the tray on the dart board to then casually wander toward the young lad with a curious look on his unmasked mug.

"Young one, what do you have on that hover cart, if I may ask?" he would ask, looking at the various bottles with his hands behind his back, trying to see if he recognized any of the bottles. While the grineer didn't have a lot of good options in terms of drinks, there were some he liked, even if said liquid looked bad, but thankfully it didn't taste bad.

He gave a simple nod to the pair that entered the rec room before he resumed to inspect the bottles by looking at them.

((Woo, social activity :P ))

"Ah, just some refreshments, to restock Moon-side fridges. Nothing harder than a soda, I'm afraid." The young man stated, nodding to fridge in a tiny alcove, that was half-empty.

Thaks would be able to recognize some of the bottles as Corpus make, and some were clearly in a simplified Orokin design. However none of the bottle batches were Grineer.
Should he head to inspect the fridge, for refreshments, he'd notice that there was a full line of Grineer bottles, that had seemingly been undisturbed for a good while. The bottle had Grineer script on it's side and read "Kola". Not a popular one, even by Grineer standards, due to it's lack of gut-burning alcohol concentration. Often described by non-grineer folk as "rocket fuel that tastes bad, even for grineer-make beverages.".

11 hours ago, EpicdudeX said:

"I see. How does it feel to control a custom Railjack? I'd think that it would be exhausting but also exhilarating."

*Its isn’t hard, I am only responsible for 1/3 of the ships functions as well as dealing with anomalous activities, it is. Rather simple task. Unfortunately the “ exhilarating” part of this job does not come very often, there has been an armistice that prevents unessicsry warmongering.*

2 hours ago, Psychotoxin said:

"Ah, just some refreshments, to restock Moon-side fridges. Nothing harder than a soda, I'm afraid." The young man stated, nodding to fridge in a tiny alcove, that was half-empty.

Thaks would be able to recognize some of the bottles as Corpus make, and some were clearly in a simplified Orokin design. However none of the bottle batches were Grineer.
Should he head to inspect the fridge, for refreshments, he'd notice that there was a full line of Grineer bottles, that had seemingly been undisturbed for a good while. The bottle had Grineer script on it's side and read "Kola". Not a popular one, even by Grineer standards, due to it's lack of gut-burning alcohol concentration. Often described by non-grineer folk as "rocket fuel that tastes bad, even for grineer-make beverages.".

"I see, carry on" he would then walk over to the fridge and open it, seeing all the options that's available and in his honest opinion, it was sub-par. It sure was empty, with the exception of the really dusty Grineer drink known as "Kola". While it wasn't as strong as the more popular Grineer beverage that exist, it has it's charm in his opinion. Sometime it feels nice to drink something that doesn't burn your inside for nearly every chug of the drink. He grabbed the bottle from the fridge, dusted it off, followed by pouring himself a glass of said "Kola". One thing he knew about Kola was that it never got bad, despite it not having any conservative properties.

One mask taking off later (that he stored in one of his many pockets on his armor) to then take a sip from the Kola with the glass he poured himself. It wasn't anything special, but at least it was fine, unless it had somehow gone bad for how many days, weeks, months or years ago.

23 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

Radou thought for a moment and did angle the book so the Wisp would have a bit more easier time reading it. "Mostly to learn. Books aren't my sole passion, I enjoy the outdoors places such as Plains of Eidolon or Orb Vallis. Both such interesting places to roam around" Radou said saying the mostly to learn with professional tone but when he started to speak about outdoors some level of passion can be felt not exactly same as Wisp's but it might have something to do with it. "Mighty is the cold, on the surface of Venus, at the tundra of Orb Vallis. The daring and the knowing, face the cold and gaze through the veil of white to move forward. When it finally seizes, such splendor is breathtaking and makes anybody to forget the cold" Radou said while not a poet or rhymer. It definitely speaks of his passion for the environment of the place.

The Wisp looked at the book from the new angle the Human offered her, then looked at him to discern his thoughts behind the gesture - than she backed off with a tiny giggle.
"They go well together, the books and the open." she agreed. "I'm much more of a warmth-person though. Very glad for the insulation that makes me able to dance with the snow." She twirled around herself in mid-air, as if to emphasize her words, and gained a bit more distance from him after being so invasive at first. She felt happy. Happy that he made it easy for her to ask the questions that were in her head.

"It doesn't sound like your books, your knowledge, would be what you've been hired for, though. Do you have a name I might've heard about?" With the last question, she looked him up and down for any identifiable marks or emblems, but didn't spot any. How unfortunate, that might make it harder to recognize him later. She had such a terrible memory for faces.

Archived