Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[IC / Open RP] Treasures of Lua

Psychotoxin

18 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Esk sat down.  "My name is Esk, I'm exploring this great new thing called 'retirement.'"  She paused, looking quizzically at Vydra.  "Why deja vu?"

17 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

Radou would speak after Vydraixenne this time. He felt like the lack of sleep is slowly getting more and more unable to be resisted for now though it can not be seen from him. Once Vydraixenne had spoken "Welp, I will head to my own room now... It was a long trip with my ship and I need some rest" Radou said slightly tired and turned off the e-book. Stood up and stretched a bit.

"I felt like I just said that twice. Odd." she explained, her voice serious enough to make on believe that she had actually missed that she had repeated her introduction - or maybe it was supposed to be a joke by not being recognizable as a joke? Hard to tell sometimes.
"Sure, Radou, have fun relaxing!" The Wisp waved goodbye, then did a 360 degree swirl on the spot just for the fun of it. "It's so weird when people gather, isn't it? Everyone's clock is set different, depending where they came from."

1 hour ago, AlendasNaro said:

Radou left but did wave a good bye to the Wisp before that. He walked in the moon side hallway looked around every now and then. He would eventually see Thraks coming and wondered would he end up talking to him again or just passing by nod of acknowledging each other.

Thraks noticed that the human that he talked to walk presumably pass him. He decided to do some small talking.

”Greeting” he then waved to Radou as a friendly gesture. 

”How have your time being in this resort? I personally have been having a fine time here..so far”

1 minute ago, WolfmanX9 said:

Thraks noticed that the human that he talked to walk presumably pass him. He decided to do some small talking.

”Greeting” he then waved to Radou as a friendly gesture. 

”How have your time being in this resort? I personally have been having a fine time here..so far”

Radou did stop shortly after passing by Thraks and turned to him "Hi" Radou said and waved lightly as a greeting "Don't know what to expect. It looks great though and I don't have anything to complain about this place" Radou said normally "Right now, on my way to get some sleep. The flight trip was long" Radou added keeping to normal tone.

3 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

Radou did stop shortly after passing by Thraks and turned to him "Hi" Radou said and waved lightly as a greeting "Don't know what to expect. It looks great though and I don't have anything to complain about this place" Radou said normally "Right now, on my way to get some sleep. The flight trip was long" Radou added keeping to normal tone.

“I see. It has been a long day huh? Anyway, I won’t bother you any further in that case. Have a pleasant night” he said before starting to leave Radou.

"Pretty much. Spend your night calmly good sir. It might feel long but tomorrow you will understand how short if you do not sleep" Radou said normally and nodded to Thraks (Battle of Ilkan... One day without sleep and holding off 90 enemies killing half and routing the rest... That was torture) Radou thought without showing it and turned away from after Thraks did. Then headed towards his room, when he arrived at the door he pulled out the card to place it on the reader and the door opened. (Works as intended) Radou thought in positive manner when he entered. He took off the pants, jacket and boots after closing the door behind him when he had entered.

He raised the blanket, laid down and let the blanket fall on him. (This is close of luxury...) Radou thought before he fell asleep.

On 2020-12-14 at 10:09 AM, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius waved as he walked out of Shard's Railjack. He yawned as he walked towards the wing of the Moon. It was somewhat a long day, and Kacilius was starting to get tired. He watched the stars fly past above the lunar atmosphere as he approached his room. It was a nice room, not too large and not too small. Kacilius opened the closet and placed his helmet on the shelf. His Equinox Prime opened, allowing him to step out of his frame. 

It was a strange sight to see a man walk out of a frame with a very Infested looking suit. The Emissary Suit was an Infested strand, but was surprisingly docile and benign. The constant use of frames, as well as the Infested byproducts within the frames, caused Kacilius' suit to slowly merge with the Infested material. Luckily, Kacilius was able to tame the suit, allowing him to freely use it without fear of becoming Infested himself. He removed the suit and changed into a t-shirt and pants. He yawned again and slightly threw himself on the bed. I need to sleep. It's been a long fight.

Kacilius stretched as he awoke from his relaxing nap. He got up from the bed and looked out the at the lunar atmosphere. Lua was a charming place, with its Orokin ruins strewn across the land. He went to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water. He took a sip and examined the bottle. It was a nice little design, with a slender build and golden embellishments around the neck. Placing the bottle on the counter, Kacilius walked over to the couch and waved his hand over his Equinox's arm, ejecting a small rectangular item. Kacilius removed it from his frame, placed it on the table, and pressed the side. The item popped open, revealing a small handheld holographic display with various icons. Kacilius swiped his hand through the display until he found the icon for the Market. "Let's see what's new today." He scrolled through the items up for sale, sipping his water occasionally.

• 2 weeks later...

A Mantis dropped off a Trinity Prime at the landing area and then flied away. Miraley looked around for a moment remembering few moments of her time spent here, it has been a while she visited the moon. Part of her wished that she could go walking around for a while without being disturbed and it was very tempting to do it right now but she also knew that she has to meet somebody same time hopes that the individual hasn't stirred the pot again too much before she has arrived to meet him. Although this time it wouldn't be for the reason individual thinks, she wants to examine several things with this individual.

She started walking towards the reception and got started on getting herself a room registered with the clerk. It was done quickly and she walked in to the Sun side hallway looking around as she walked. It looks gorgeous far better than expected.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-12-17 at 5:31 PM, Owlrrex said:

"I felt like I just said that twice. Odd." she explained, her voice serious enough to make on believe that she had actually missed that she had repeated her introduction - or maybe it was supposed to be a joke by not being recognizable as a joke? Hard to tell sometimes.
"Sure, Radou, have fun relaxing!" The Wisp waved goodbye, then did a 360 degree swirl on the spot just for the fun of it. "It's so weird when people gather, isn't it? Everyone's clock is set different, depending where they came from."

Now that Radou was gone, Esk found herself with the Wisp's undivided attention. The helmet's mask with the artificial impression of a face was directed at the Grineer with suprisingly little movement, given that the rest of her body was still snaking left and right while hovering.
"Retirement... now what would a retired Grineer do indeed. So you just thought: Let's go to the moon!" She leaned in a bit closer. "That sounds like a pretty odd choice to me." she states, the question thinly veiled behind a very curious, almost inquisitive tone.

Thraks had decided to rest against a wall, still in the hall of the moon wing, followed by sitting down on the ground with his legs tucked in so he didn't trip anyone. He then brought out what looked to be a grineer themed touch screen from one of his larger belt bags, checking his emails that was all in grineer of course. It was mostly junk mail that contained spam, advertisements and so on. Nothing too special. He started to wonder why he even got an email if the only things he got was junk. Oh well, maybe someday he would get something interesting, despite that being very unlikely. His stay at this resort was quite peaceful to say the least, although he wasn't sure what he should do next. To be honest, he felt quite lost with all of the activities in said resort, although that was hard to tell with and without the mask on since he rarely make facial expression and when he do, he would usually have his mask on, which he doesn't at the moment.

Guess one thing he could do is to watch random clips on his pad while he tried to think of something to do. Maybe that k-drive racing show was on that he liked to watch from time to time.

On 2020-12-30 at 9:57 AM, AlendasNaro said:

A Mantis dropped off a Trinity Prime at the landing area and then flied away. Miraley looked around for a moment remembering few moments of her time spent here, it has been a while she visited the moon. Part of her wished that she could go walking around for a while without being disturbed and it was very tempting to do it right now but she also knew that she has to meet somebody same time hopes that the individual hasn't stirred the pot again too much before she has arrived to meet him. Although this time it wouldn't be for the reason individual thinks, she wants to examine several things with this individual.

She started walking towards the reception and got started on getting herself a room registered with the clerk. It was done quickly and she walked in to the Sun side hallway looking around as she walked. It looks gorgeous far better than expected.

Shard marched down the hallways with the vigor of a grineer contingent preparing for an assault, for someone who hates sunlight, he spends an ironic amount of time in the sun wing. “Bored bored bored bored bored.” He complained soon his companion would arrive and there would be no more messing around publicly anymore for him.

19 hours ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

Shard marched down the hallways with the vigor of a grineer contingent preparing for an assault, for someone who hates sunlight, he spends an ironic amount of time in the sun wing. “Bored bored bored bored bored.” He complained soon his companion would arrive and there would be no more messing around publicly anymore for him.

Miraley stopped looking at the architecture to look who is speaking and is mildly amused by the proclamation of idleness of the youngster. Although does acknowledge that the young man does mirror her thoughts even if she isn't as eager to return to the front lines. Reason for her to return even if slightly begrudgingly is because that is the place where the lives can be saved both present and future and as the other reason doesn't exist yet. Even she does find the sudden shift by the cease fire depriving her of her work she is passionate about, idleness she doesn't fully appreciate but such is the cycle as she has learned. Trinity Prime thought a moment and stopped walking forward. "Hello" Miraley said with noticeable warmth in her voice.

On 2021-01-11 at 5:55 PM, Owlrrex said:

Now that Radou was gone, Esk found herself with the Wisp's undivided attention. The helmet's mask with the artificial impression of a face was directed at the Grineer with suprisingly little movement, given that the rest of her body was still snaking left and right while hovering.
"Retirement... now what would a retired Grineer do indeed. So you just thought: Let's go to the moon!" She leaned in a bit closer. "That sounds like a pretty odd choice to me." she states, the question thinly veiled behind a very curious, almost inquisitive tone.

The Grineer maintained her friendly expression, but it became just a bit more strained as the Wisp drifted closer, and she slowly clenched her prosthetic furax-fist.
She raised an eyebrow.  "What's odd about it?  Isn't retirement supposed to be a time where you go to do things and visit places you didn't have time to before?"

23 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

Miraley stopped looking at the architecture to look who is speaking and is mildly amused by the proclamation of idleness of the youngster. Although does acknowledge that the young man does mirror her thoughts even if she isn't as eager to return to the front lines. Reason for her to return even if slightly begrudgingly is because that is the place where the lives can be saved both present and future and as the other reason doesn't exist yet. Even she does find the sudden shift by the cease fire depriving her of her work she is passionate about, idleness she doesn't fully appreciate but such is the cycle as she has learned. Trinity Prime thought a moment and stopped walking forward. "Hello" Miraley said with noticeable warmth in her voice.

Shard jumped into the air at the sudden sound and comedically, hit his head on the ceiling. "hi there can I help you ma'am" He tried to sound polite but he had a feeling that he was being looked at the same way an adult looks at a child, usually the opposite of the normal reaction he gets.

5 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

The Grineer maintained her friendly expression, but it became just a bit more strained as the Wisp drifted closer, and she slowly clenched her prosthetic furax-fist.
The She raised eyebrow.  "What's odd about it?  Isn't retirement supposed to be a time where you go to do things and visit places you didn't have time to before?"

The wisp weaved a bit to the left and right, as if to inspect Esk from different angles, then drew back. "I wouldn't know. I never thought about such a thing..." A short pause when she considered what she knew about retirement... which was odd to her. She'd never really thought about working in the first place. She'd always followed her talents and passion, until being a Tenno kind of took over. Things bigger than she could've ever imagined when she was just a child. "So what does the moon mean to a grineer?... to you, I mean? What caught your interest?" Vydraixenne's voice told of a genuine interest, but also a kind of distance that a scientist would have when asking survey questions.

27 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

Shard jumped into the air at the sudden sound and comedically, hit his head on the ceiling. "hi there can I help you ma'am" He tried to sound polite but he had a feeling that he was being looked at the same way an adult looks at a child, usually the opposite of the normal reaction he gets.

Miraley looked the whole thing unfold and was mildly amused. "I appreciate your willingness to help but I think you are forgetting something. Name is Miraley and no need to be formal with me. What is your name young man?" Miraley said warmly, patient and doesn't come across as too much of a parent figure. She kind of wants to asses how Shard feels seniors and how he would like to be treated by them. After all healthy skepticism is always welcome.

On 2021-01-13 at 2:56 PM, AlendasNaro said:

Miraley looked the whole thing unfold and was mildly amused. "I appreciate your willingness to help but I think you are forgetting something. Name is Miraley and no need to be formal with me. What is your name young man?" Miraley said warmly, patient and doesn't come across as too much of a parent figure. She kind of wants to asses how Shard feels seniors and how he would like to be treated by them. After all healthy skepticism is always welcome.

"Diamond, Shard Diamond" Who are you calling young man?  shard thought to himself, again he being treated like a junior

2 hours ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

"Diamond, Shard Diamond" Who are you calling young man?  shard thought to himself, again he being treated like a junior

"Nice to meet you Diamond' Miraley said still remaining warm in her tone. She decided to take the Trinity Prime helmet off revealing wine red hair and face of woman in upper twenty. She approached Shard so he is able to see her a bit better. Iris color of her eyes is comparable to the green growing at Earth today. She set the helmet to hang on her left side of her waist on the warframe she is wearing right now. She aligned her hand to shake hand with Shard. While it is notable that Miraley is not that old. Probably why she treats Shard like a junior is due to experience or just habit that has rooted quite deep and isn't meant to offend.

22 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

"Nice to meet you Diamond' Miraley said still remaining warm in her tone. She decided to take the Trinity Prime helmet off revealing wine red hair and face of woman in upper twenty. She approached Shard so he is able to see her a bit better. Iris color of her eyes is comparable to the green growing at Earth today. She set the helmet to hang on her left side of her waist on the warframe she is wearing right now. She aligned her hand to shake hand with Shard. While it is notable that Miraley is not that old. Probably why she treats Shard like a junior is due to experience or just habit that has rooted quite deep and isn't meant to offend.

Shard looked down at Mira. “ so what is it you need, are you lost by chance?” He replies in a solo ant manner. After this is over he would need to go look in the mirror, he was tall enough to pass for a grineer lancer. Maybe he had something on his face?. There was no way someone should be able to mistake him for a rugrat.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

Shard looked down at Mira. “ so what is it you need, are you lost by chance?” He replies in a solo ant manner. After this is over he would need to go look in the mirror, he was tall enough to pass for a grineer lancer. Maybe he had something on his face?. There was no way someone should be able to mistake him for a rugrat.

'No, I am not lost' Miraley said warmly with small friendly smile, pulled her hand away from Shard as this seems to have refused not to shake hands with her. 'I am looking for a human. If you have seen one, could you please tell me where this is? I set up a meeting here with this' Miraley said remaining warm in her tone and retaining the small friendly smile. She seems quite oddly undeterred in her approach of Shard despite his size and how he looks while also same time treats Shard like a member of kin.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2020-12-03 at 11:10 PM, Psychotoxin said:

(( @Denny2669))

The technician, North, quickly got hold of Evie, and guided the construct to the moon side rec room. The resident mechanic of the resort was a bit on the elderly side with already silvered beard and hair, and wore an outfit clearly stylised after a Vauban suit. He seemed to constantly have a kindly smile, and his bushy beard and almost unkempt hair did well to hide his facial features, aside from the smile.

"Alright, well, Ash told me that you have no preference regarding the environment, but I can't leave it a mess for our guest. So, what can ol` North set up for ya?"

Thraks would also notice the pair enter the rec room, and approach one of the split panels along the inner walls, opposite of the windows lining the outer wall.

Evie would notice that the panel covered a small room, with a docking station, that was neatly hidden from prying eyes.

"Also, this here system locks from the inside, via a command on the console. Even if yer a fine and dandy program, you might still want a bit of physical privacy." The Vauban smiled.

"Oh, don't you worry, I'm a Cephalon! As I am a being of code and memory, so can I bend the nature of such code as well! Buuuut you could thrown in some flowers and ornate furniture to make it pretty... oh! How about some Orokin decor? The pre-collapse aesthetics of the Europa colony suites have always made me feel at home!"

It was an interesting jump from disinterested to super specific details, but that's just how Evie is. If you convince her to give but one proper thought to anything, she has no choice but to go all out. She stared at the Vauban intently... then she remembered.

"Oh! And if there's any landmarks around the hotel you'd find interesting, some directions would be a great contribution to my research!"

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021-01-13 at 2:34 PM, Owlrrex said:

The wisp weaved a bit to the left and right, as if to inspect Esk from different angles, then drew back. "I wouldn't know. I never thought about such a thing..." A short pause when she considered what she knew about retirement... which was odd to her. She'd never really thought about working in the first place. She'd always followed her talents and passion, until being a Tenno kind of took over. Things bigger than she could've ever imagined when she was just a child. "So what does the moon mean to a grineer?... to you, I mean? What caught your interest?" Vydraixenne's voice told of a genuine interest, but also a kind of distance that a scientist would have when asking survey questions.

"It's just...mmh"  The grineer paused, looking awkwardly past the Tenno.  "I remember when this place was a warzone.  Like, this is one of the places where peace is most visible.  And it's one of the few neutral areas that I've never visited."  She looked directly at where the Wisp's eyes should be.  "I may not get another chance.  We don't live long."

A hint of bitterness crept into her voice.  "Though I guess that's something you don't really have to worry about."

17 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

"It's just...mmh"  The grineer paused, looking awkwardly past the Tenno.  "I remember when this place was a warzone.  Like, this is one of the places where peace is most visible.  And it's one of the few neutral areas that I've never visited."  She looked directly at where the Wisp's eyes should be.  "I may not get another chance.  We don't live long."

A hint of bitterness crept into her voice.  "Though I guess that's something you don't really have to worry about."

"I remember too." The many times she was disturbed when trying to find samples, or found her way fully blocked at all, still leave her with a bit of exasperation. So many chances lost. "It's much nicer now. Worth a visit indeed."

As the Grineer brings up life expectancy, Vydree almost chuckled. Was she supposed to feel guilty? The thought was absurd to her.
"Well, you'll live longer than most of your kin since you won't have to fight. Isn't that something?" she deflects with as uplifting a voice as she can muster.

On 2021-03-10 at 2:09 PM, Owlrrex said:

"I remember too." The many times she was disturbed when trying to find samples, or found her way fully blocked at all, still leave her with a bit of exasperation. So many chances lost. "It's much nicer now. Worth a visit indeed."

As the Grineer brings up life expectancy, Vydree almost chuckled. Was she supposed to feel guilty? The thought was absurd to her.
"Well, you'll live longer than most of your kin since you won't have to fight. Isn't that something?" she deflects with as uplifting a voice as she can muster.

"Yeah.  We all will."  Esk looked at her prosthetic arm resting in her lap, flexing the fingers.  "I just always get a bit annoyed when I talk to immortals.  Like, I could tell by your voice and how you move that you've never had to realize that your time will eventually run out even if you are perfectly safe."  She looked at the Wisp, with a hint of a mischievous smile.  "Either that, or you are mortal and you've come to terms with it."

Archived