Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[IC / Open RP] Treasures of Lua

Psychotoxin

(OOC: Don't mind me, but imma slide on in)

Whilst the others were arguing, a Sigma-Class grey, blue and gold Railjack lands at the docking bay, making a few scars in it's hull. And out the side of this massive ship is an Prime-looking Gauss and his Kavat. It speeds past the guards, saying, "Sorry, but I gotta go! Just don't touch the void drive! Or anything, for the matter!". The Gauss makes to the front entrance and heads to the main desk, "Hi, mind if I take one of the spare rooms?"

On 2020-04-27 at 7:41 PM, Psychotoxin said:

"There's at least one self-important high-roller to every major game, so... yeah. I see plenty of them." She answered with slight amusement in her voice, running the data into the Sun keycard.

"Welcome to The Embrace, Mr. Dojima" The Zephyr handed the keycard to the Mordred Excalibur, with a polite bow, and then turned to help a group of civilians.

With that introduction, Dojima collected the keycard and bowed to her in a respectful manner. "Thank you very much madame." and with that, the Excalibur proceeded Sun's rooms, wandering with Nikana prime on his side and his pipe slotted back into one of the slots in his helmet, smoke coming out from the other slots periodically after a huff of...whatever was in that damn pipe.

He wandered along the corridors until he found his room then started to unpack his digital inventory to save some space before he wandered towards the Sun Gardens where he hoped to try and relax for a bit against a large tree or something.

Within the gardens, the soft drone of an air vortex along with rustling leaves and twigs could be heard. A rather handsome if not slightly weathered looking MOA busied itself in the grounds, sucking up plant litter from the pale ground and cobblestone paths. After sweeping up all the debris, the MOA skipped over to a compost box with its load. The machine rumbled as it rocked from side to side, sifting out sand and crushed rock into a tray for the MOA to collect. This was then blasted back all over the garden floor with a reverse vacuum, causing it to glint faintly with freshly polished silica particles.

After getting a good look for the lunaro field, Shard decided to go hang out in the main lobby. He had seen the place and nothing was as lively as the lobby plus it was a chance to meet and mess with people so why not. Shard sat down on a bench and decided to do some maintenance on his equipment, which wasn’t much considering most of his weapons were sentient based and performed self repair but there were a few things. For the most part he decided to sharpen his Orvius that he got from an old Dax, and clean some off some of the stuff his sentinels pick up.

On 2020-04-28 at 3:04 AM, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

“Oh I didn’t need any help, I’m bored and since your the only person here I decided to come chat. So how is it working here, is all it’s cracked up to be?” Shard nonchalantly leaned in the desk and looked down at the clumsy zephyr with his signature grin. He retracted his experience suit with the exception of the swirling sentient energy around his arm. “ Oh by the way I never properly introduced myself I am Shard nice to meet you, So what’s your name unless you intend on me calling you little bird for the duration of my stay.”

On 2020-04-28 at 9:22 PM, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

A bead of sweat dropped down Shards forehead as a awkward silence was made. He thought perhaps he had come at the wrong time for such an activity.

18 hours ago, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

After getting a good look for the lunaro field, Shard decided to go hang out in the main lobby. He had seen the place and nothing was as lively as the lobby plus it was a chance to meet and mess with people so why not. Shard sat down on a bench and decided to do some maintenance on his equipment, which wasn’t much considering most of his weapons were sentient based and performed self repair but there were a few things. For the most part he decided to sharpen his Orvius that he got from an old Dax, and clean some off some of the stuff his sentinels pick up.

The Zephyr had been looking through the data logs, to find what was requested of her, knowing her colleague's patience, but when she turned to answer Shard's question, she noticed that the Revenant was nowhere to be found.

----

On 2020-04-28 at 8:48 AM, (NSW)QUORATINE7 said:

Radriar rolled his eyes at the pitiful attempt at intimidation. How petty did one have to be to chase him just to continue an already resolved argument? What a sad, sorry child...

All of that, however, left Radriar’s head as he entered the penthouse. The hearsay hadn’t been a lie. This hotel’s finest room was indeed impressive, with a view that any artist would’ve given anything to sample. Radriar, exiting his armour, brushed his hands on the mantlepiece, admiring the craftsmanship. Whoever the architect was had done an excellent job. He’d be asking for their name before he left. Taking a bottle of gin from the minibar, he poured himself a drink and sipped on it as he waited for his Helios Prime to bring up his luggage. Upon contact, the holoreader glowed gently in Radriar’s hands and displayed a wide selection of luxuries that no common folk could even fathom. He wasn’t feeling particularly hungry at the moment, nor did he need any other services for now. Perhaps a nice massage or facial would do him some good before the lunaro game, but what he really needed right now was a long, hot bath. As he was contemplating what other activities he could do to pass the time, his wristwatch buzzed softly. 

“About time...” 

Radriar put down his beverage and walked over to the door, opening it to allow his Helios Prime to enter the room with his luggage. It set it down next to one of the armchairs before “bowing” and exiting the room to return to the Liset Prime. After closing and locking the door, Radriar went through his luggage, choosing out an outfit for him to wear after his bath: a gorgeous Orokin shirt and designer jeans.

The hot water was a calming presence on Radriar’s skin as he dipped into the majestically large bathtub. He allowed himself to sigh in relief before picking up his glass of alcohol and taking a sip. Swirling the glass as he looked out at the beautiful view from the comfort of his bathtub, all his worries gone, Radriar smiled. 

This was, indeed, the life. 

The suite was set up to also accommodate dynamic ambiance changes, as Radriar would find a barely perceptible tune playing. It was silent enough to not be intrusive, but carried enough to be audible in either of the suite`s rooms.
If he spent a moment to listen in on the tune, he would find that it was of an old Orokin serenade, with a tone that was slow and serene. 

---

On 2020-04-29 at 12:02 AM, (NSW)SalamanderMan80 said:

(OOC: Don't mind me, but imma slide on in)

Whilst the others were arguing, a Sigma-Class grey, blue and gold Railjack lands at the docking bay, making a few scars in it's hull. And out the side of this massive ship is an Prime-looking Gauss and his Kavat. It speeds past the guards, saying, "Sorry, but I gotta go! Just don't touch the void drive! Or anything, for the matter!". The Gauss makes to the front entrance and heads to the main desk, "Hi, mind if I take one of the spare rooms?"

The Zephyr turned her attention to the Gauss, after uploading the data she'd pulled up, in a data slate.
"Certainly. I will require an ID or a comm channel to contact your cephalon. And - Sun, or Moon?" The girl said with a polite smile on her face.

On 2020-05-02 at 10:37 AM, Arunafeltz said:

Within the gardens, the soft drone of an air vortex along with rustling leaves and twigs could be heard. A rather handsome if not slightly weathered looking MOA busied itself in the grounds, sucking up plant litter from the pale ground and cobblestone paths. After sweeping up all the debris, the MOA skipped over to a compost box with its load. The machine rumbled as it rocked from side to side, sifting out sand and crushed rock into a tray for the MOA to collect. This was then blasted back all over the garden floor with a reverse vacuum, causing it to glint faintly with freshly polished silica particles.

While waiting for the answer, she opened a comm link, and contacted the MOA.
"Dapper, would you be a dear, and come fetch a data slate for Ms. Cross?"

She then turned her attention back to the Gauss.

5 hours ago, Psychotoxin said:

The Zephyr had been looking through the data logs, to find what was requested of her, knowing her colleague's patience, but when she turned to answer Shard's question, she noticed that the Revenant was nowhere to be found

Sitting down in the main lobby Shard noticed that the small zephyr had noticed his absence. He thought that he should really try to have been more patient and went back to the desk to try again at conversation. “ hey sorry I went spectral on you” Shard tried his. Best to make some humor. “You looked kinda busy so I thought that maybe I should come back later. Sorry if I seemed rude to start talking and leave. So anyways back where we left off.” Shard was determined to have a god normal conversation with someone without any stupid interruptions or shenanigans that had been cursing him for years, most of which was the Eidolons fault, but  hopefully he would be able to do this at least.

51 minutes ago, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

Sitting down in the main lobby Shard noticed that the small zephyr had noticed his absence. He thought that he should really try to have been more patient and went back to the desk to try again at conversation. “ hey sorry I went spectral on you” Shard tried his. Best to make some humor. “You looked kinda busy so I thought that maybe I should come back later. Sorry if I seemed rude to start talking and leave. So anyways back where we left off.” Shard was determined to have a god normal conversation with someone without any stupid interruptions or shenanigans that had been cursing him for years, most of which was the Eidolons fault, but  hopefully he would be able to do this at least.

"Ah yes. If I recall, you asked my name." She looked at Shard, and smiled. "You can call me Ashtare."
The Zephyr currently was still going through some old data logs, apparently, but was conscious enough of her surroundings to not miss people talking to her.

47 minutes ago, Psychotoxin said:

"Ah yes. If I recall, you asked my name." She looked at Shard, and smiled. "You can call me Ashtare."
The Zephyr currently was still going through some old data logs, apparently, but was conscious enough of her surroundings to not miss people talking to her.

“Ashtare what an interesting name” Shard exclaimed. “So what got into working here in this hotel? I mean we are in the moon.”

14 minutes ago, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

“Ashtare what an interesting name” Shard exclaimed. “So what got into working here in this hotel? I mean we are in the moon.”

"A lack of mercenary work, and a cashed in favor from some influential people." She answered shortly.

1 hour ago, Psychotoxin said:

"A lack of mercenary work, and a cashed in favor from some influential people." She answered shortly.

“Tell me ever been to the plains down on earth? If so tell me this, what do you think of the eidolons that roam about at night?”  Shard yet again had concocted another scheme.

A bolkor in Steel Meridian colors took off from the landing pad in front of the hotel, leaving behind a tall, lanky Grineer in Nightwatch armor, who walked toward the entrance with long, bouncing strides in the lunar gravity.  In her robotic left hand she carried a large, khaki-colored canvas duffel bag, and as she neared the door, it became possible to make out the muzzle of a large weapon peeking over her shoulder.

Ah, retirement!  An odd concept, but everything was changing these days.  Here she was, a Grineer, about to enter a resort run by Tenno!  Her squadmates used to make jokes about that, and how absurd it would be, but now they were being told that Command had no assignments for them, and they could go as they pleased.  Steel Meridian no longer needed so many people.  Truly, now was a time of dreams becoming reality.

As she came through the door, the tall Grineer took off her helmet, revealing a face that was recognizably Grineer with its ocular implant and blotches of light and dark skin, but a bit different.  Grineer did not usually live long enough to have white hair, or grow their hair long enough to tie back in a ponytail (even a very short one, such as this clone had). She stopped a few steps away from the desk and waited for the three Tenno to finish their conversation, taking in the restored Orokin architecture with an affable but otherwise unreadable expression.

Mechanical footfalls with squeaking actuators echoed down the hallway, a noise that may be all too familiar with the people in the lobby who had personal encounters with the Corpus. A dark-coloured Lambeo MOA skipped into reception from a side entrance, making a beeline for the counter and grazing the shins of the unfortunate Tenno chatting up the receptionist as it did so. It came to a stop before her and did a little bow, tipping its top hat-like turret in delicate fashion.

20 hours ago, Psychotoxin said:

“Hey can we chat again later? I think my gun is swimming in the pool so I gotta go.”  Shard swiftly made an exit from the lobby and hid in a nearby corner, after so many year’s although he pretended to be oblivious and ok, he still couldn’t forget. During the new war shard had had a history with Corpus and Grineer, most famously for tearing apart encampments and leaving no more survivors with PTSD that the fingers in one hand. He knew the wars were over and peace was established, but when all those creatures walked into the lobby he had the urge to perform Danse Macabre and erase them all. This problem would need to be resolved if he was to stay here, perhaps he needed to adapt to their presence.

17 hours ago, (NSW)SalamanderMan80 said:

"The names Carolus Evle, ma'am, and I guess Sun.." 

"Mr. Evle, I still require an ID or a channel to contact your cephalon. It's to keep orderly logs, and send you your after-stay bill." The Zephyr stated with a semi-serious tone, pulling a Sun keycard out with a tiny gust of air. She then cast a glance at the approaching MOA.

13 hours ago, Arunafeltz said:

Mechanical footfalls with squeaking actuators echoed down the hallway, a noise that may be all too familiar with the people in the lobby who had personal encounters with the Corpus. A dark-coloured Lambeo MOA skipped into reception from a side entrance, making a beeline for the counter and grazing the shins of the unfortunate Tenno chatting up the receptionist as it did so. It came to a stop before her and did a little bow, tipping its top hat-like turret in delicate fashion.

"Ah, Dapper, here's the data slate. Ms. Cross should be in the stadium's warehouse... probably..." Ashtare ponderously said. There was a chance, definitely greater than 1/10th, that her colleague was already storming up to the hotel proper. The Zephyr started to consider her options, since she had no wish to face an irate Mirage with an itchy trigger finger and a voice to match.

Sometimes she wondered if Ms. Cross was a discontinued type of Grineer clone, given a Warframe.

8 hours ago, Psychotoxin said:

She then cast a glance at the approaching MOA.

"Ah, Dapper, here's the data slate. Ms. Cross should be in the stadium's warehouse... probably..." Ashtare ponderously said. There was a chance, definitely greater than 1/10th, that her colleague was already storming up to the hotel proper. The Zephyr started to consider her options, since she had no wish to face an irate Mirage with an itchy trigger finger and a voice to match.

Sometimes she wondered if Ms. Cross was a discontinued type of Grineer clone, given a Warframe.

The slate fit snugly into a gap under its hat-like turret. Beeping loudly in acknowledgement, the MOA skipped off merrily to find its recipient. Lacking access to surveillance feeds of any sort, it couldn't quite track her movements so it kept its scanners peeled as it hopped through the gardens towards the stadium.

15 hours ago, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

“Hey can we chat again later? I think my gun is swimming in the pool so I gotta go.”  Shard swiftly made an exit from the lobby and hid in a nearby corner, after so many year’s although he pretended to be oblivious and ok, he still couldn’t forget. During the new war shard had had a history with Corpus and Grineer, most famously for tearing apart encampments and leaving no more survivors with PTSD that the fingers in one hand. He knew the wars were over and peace was established, but when all those creatures walked into the lobby he had the urge to perform Danse Macabre and erase them all. This problem would need to be resolved if he was to stay here, perhaps he needed to adapt to their presence.

The Grineer, now sitting on her duffel bag with her helmet next to her, watched the moa hop away.  It would never cease to amaze her how much the Tenno, once the most fearsome warriors in the system, had changed.  Well, most of them.  She smirked slightly at the fellow hiding around a corner, still visible in infrared through her ocular implant.  She understood how he felt, she still felt that same way sometimes, but it was still mildly amusing.

Now that she was sitting close to them, the others would be able to see an Ostron flame painted in a dull orange on her robotic arm.

9 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

The Grineer, now sitting on her duffel bag with her helmet next to her, watched the moa hop away.  It would never cease to amaze her how much the Tenno, once the most fearsome warriors in the system, had changed.  Well, most of them.  She smirked slightly at the fellow hiding around a corner, still visible in infrared through her ocular implant.  She understood how he felt, she still felt that same way sometimes, but it was still mildly amusing.

Now that she was sitting close to them, the others would be able to see an Ostron flame painted in a dull orange on her robotic arm.

Shard made a decision, since Ashtare seemed to be busy at the moment, he would try to break ice between him and this Grineer. “Sigh, I can’t stay here with the instinct to vaporize someone.” Shard decided the best approach would be from the side, however he activated Mesmer skin just in case of a reflexive or hostile attack. Shard disappeared into a wall of cold Eidolon energy, the same energy that flowed throughout his body in context with the void energy in his veins. knowing the Grineer he assumes she had probably known he was behind the corner via some thermal detector, so using a watered down trace was the best move as it would allow a seamless approach without tripping off any sensors. After slowly working his way behind the Grineer he dropped down quietly. He stood a little over a foot away from her six and leaned forward slightly. “Hey there, seems like your new around here!” Shard made with his best and most confident conversation voice.

On 2020-05-05 at 9:09 AM, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

He stood a little over a foot away from her six and leaned forward slightly. “Hey there, seems like your new around here!” Shard made with his best and most confident conversation voice.

The Grineer turned around with an expression of surprise, which quickly softened as she recognized the Tenno who had been hiding.  "Indeed I am," she answered, standing and extending her hand for a handshake.  "Never thought a Grineer could retire, but after 20 years with Steel Meridian, here I am.  M'name's Esku Kterst."  Her voice displayed the unusual combination of an openly friendly tone with a thick Grineer accent.

1 hour ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

The Grineer turned around with an expression of surprise, which quickly softened as she recognized the Tenno who had been hiding.  "Indeed I am," she answered, standing and extending her hand for a handshake.  "Never thought a Grineer could retire, but after 20 years with Steel Meridian, here I am.  M'name's Esku Kterst."  Her voice displayed the unusual combination of an openly friendly tone with a thick Grineer accent.

Using the sentient energy covered and he returned the handshake. “As I suppose you can tell I was uneasy about your original entrance” Shard sat or more floated next to the Grineer. “I don’t mean to be rude but after so many years of killing and backstabbing it’s hard to have one  walk in front of you and not be wary, I’d like to break the ice or find a common ground between us so maybe we can get along”  Shard said this as a basmu twitched in anticipation on his back.

Archived