Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[IC / Open RP] Treasures of Lua

Psychotoxin

On 2020-05-06 at 6:27 PM, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

Shard sat or more floated next to the Grineer. “I don’t mean to be rude but after so many years of killing and backstabbing it’s hard to have one  walk in front of you and not be wary, I’d like to break the ice or find a common ground between us so maybe we can get along”

Esk nodded, with the slight, easygoing smile that seemed to be her default expression.  "I c'n get behind that.  How long you here?  And you haven't told me your name yet."

On 2020-05-03 at 3:49 PM, Psychotoxin said:

The suite was set up to also accommodate dynamic ambiance changes, as Radriar would find a barely perceptible tune playing. It was silent enough to not be intrusive, but carried enough to be audible in either of the suite`s rooms.
If he spent a moment to listen in on the tune, he would find that it was of an old Orokin serenade, with a tone that was slow and serene. 

As Radriar sat in the lukewarm pool of water, he listened to the music emanating from the hidden speakers. He remembered this song. He remembered his mother with the shawzin, singing her heart out. He remembered himself with the mandachord, attempting to mimic the sounds produced by the other instrument. The memories brought a tear to his eyes, one that was quickly wiped away as he got up from the bathtub. He didn’t need any reminders of his past. He had grown beyond that. Wrapping a towel around his waist, Radriar called out to the invisible speakers.

”Music off please.”

The music cut off mid-chorus, and Radriar approached the bathroom mirror, glancing at his reflection as he reached for the hotel razor. He had the physique of a god, chiseled abs and well defined muscles. Anyone would’ve killed to have a day with his body, and just as well. Radriar had worked hard to maintain his form. After gracefully shaving the little facial hair that had grown, he applied some aftershave to his face and exited the bathroom. 

Radriar pulled on the clothes he’d left on the bed, and picked up the holoreader. After swiping through the list of activities the hotel offered, he settled on taking a walk through the gardens before dinner. Perhaps he’d find some company for tonight, or at least someone to have a nice dinner with. Putting down the holoreader, Radriar slipped his Lex Prime into a hidden holster before exiting the room. He wasn’t above self defense when it was necessary, and given his previous interaction with that disgusting Revenant and horrid Excalibur, he would probably need something to keep him safe from whomever decided it was a good idea to confront him.

Taking the lift to the ground floor, Radriar approached the front desk. The Zephyr was currently interacting with a Gauss. Not a bad looking Warframe, in his humble opinion, but nothing beat out his gorgeous Excalibur. 

“Excuse me, but could you point me to the gardens?”

(Note: Radriar isn’t wearing his Excalibur Prime suit.)

On 2020-05-07 at 10:27 PM, UnremarkableUsername said:

Esk nodded, with the slight, easygoing smile that seemed to be her default expression.  "I c'n get behind that.  How long you here?  And you haven't told me your name yet."

On 2020-05-07 at 10:31 PM, (NSW)QUORATINE7 said:

Taking the lift to the ground floor, Radriar approached the front desk. The Zephyr was currently interacting with a Gauss. Not a bad looking Warframe, in his humble opinion, but nothing beat out his gorgeous Excalibur. 

“Sorry forgive my rudeness I am Shard Diamond, the little bird over there is Ashtare she is helpful. And the guy wearing  Excalibur prime armor and acting like the king of the system is the devil himself.” Shard gave a glare of extreme malice that could be felt in Tau. “I’ve been here for a day or two. And so far I’ve seen around the place and some of the other guests. And please don’t mind the fog it just my Mesmer skin, its only in invade of confrontation.”

3 hours ago, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

“Sorry forgive my rudeness I am Shard Diamond, the little bird over there is Ashtare she is helpful. Shard watched Radriar wall in. “And that dude walking in asking about gardens is the devil himself.” Shard gave a glare of extreme malice towards Radriar that could be felt in Tau. “I’ve been here for a day or two. And so far I’ve seen around the place and some of the other guests. And please don’t mind the fog it just my Mesmer skin, its only in invade of confrontation.”

Please read the note in my post. Radriar isn’t wearing the Excalibur armour, thus others may not be able to identify him by sight.

16 hours ago, (NSW)QUORATINE7 said:

"Of course! The Pale Garden is on the Sun side of the hotel, though the paths from both wings lead there." She answered with a polite smile, and produced a small tourist map, that showed the whole resort, with points of interest marked by pictures representing them.
The Pale Garden was represented with the icon of three white trees, and if Radriar followed the pathways marked, he'd have to pass the descent down into the Lua Ruins as the Garden was situated right between those and the Regolith Plains, which took up the far edge of the resort and the Lua shard.

6 hours ago, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

“... bird over there is Ashtare she is helpful. And the guy wear Excalibur prime armor and acting like the king of the system is the devil himself.”

Hearing her name, Ashtare looked up, and tried to discern if her assistance was needed.

8 hours ago, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

“So Esk was it, what brings you here?”

"I'm retired," Esk replied.  "I thought I'd explore the possibilities of peacetime, and here seemed a good place to start."

On 2020-05-08 at 2:41 PM, Psychotoxin said:

Hearing her name, Ashtare looked up, and tried to discern if her assistance was needed.

"... I should check in.  We talk again soon, ey?"  She picked up her duffel bag and helmet, and walked the few steps to the reception desk.
"Khellu," she said pleasantly to the young-looking woman in a Zephyr suit, placing her (non-robotic) right hand lightly on the edge of the desk.  "I would like a room."
Hmm now, how do Tenno do with running a hotel?
It didn't occur to the old defector that the ogris on her back might cause any issue.  After years of military service with the Grineer and Steel Meridian, it seemed entirely normal to her.

“Ok see ya”.Shard decided to head back to the front desk and try to continue angle finish the conversation he had been interrupting. He waited for Ashtare to finish with the others. “Sorry I keep running off, I stay in one place about as long as a Teralyst. Speaking of which you wanna see a cool trick?!”

On 2020-05-14 at 12:31 AM, UnremarkableUsername said:

"I'm retired," Esk replied.  "I thought I'd explore the possibilities of peacetime, and here seemed a good place to start."

"... I should check in.  We talk again soon, ey?"  She picked up her duffel bag and helmet, and walked the few steps to the reception desk.
"Khellu," she said pleasantly to the young-looking woman in a Zephyr suit, placing her (non-robotic) right hand lightly on the edge of the desk.  "I would like a room."
Hmm now, how do Tenno do with running a hotel?
It didn't occur to the old defector that the ogris on her back might cause any issue.  After years of military service with the Grineer and Steel Meridian, it seemed entirely normal to her.

"Greetings. Please provide some form of identification, for the logs." Ashtare politely requested. [color+#feceea]"And would you prefer your stay in the Sun or Moon side? It is a far cry from the... Grineer machinery, but I hope you will enjoy the rooms nonetheless."

The emphasis of 'Grineer machinery' in her voice was laden with barely hidden disdain, which, however, did not seem extend to the rest of the line.

"And please deposit any high-yield ordnance you might possess in the digi-storage right by the entrance. Your room's key card will allow you to create a separate storage profile." She proceeded to point to a section of the wall that blended in with the surrounding decorations, and only the shifting glowing orb, surrounded by floating data cubes indicated that it might have a purpose greater than simply pleasing the eye.

6 hours ago, Psychotoxin said:

The emphasis of 'Grineer machinery' in her voice was laden with barely hidden disdain, which, however, did not seem extend to the rest of the line.

Shard though that maybe he was t the only one having trouble adjusting. He waited to see if she would accept his offer to see a trick.

Spoiler
12 hours ago, Psychotoxin said:

"Greetings. Please provide some form of identification, for the logs." Ashtare politely requested. [color+#feceea]"And would you prefer your stay in the Sun or Moon side? It is a far cry from the... Grineer machinery, but I hope you will enjoy the rooms nonetheless."

"Ah, I could give you my Steel Meridian ID, but it's not exactly current."  With a hint of mischief in her smile, the retired Grineer held up her left arm, a fine example of "Grineer machinery."  It had been recently polished and repainted, but underneath that, it would probably be a safe assumption that least fifty percent of it consisted of replacement parts.  The hand had Furax knuckles bult into it.  Halfway along the inside of the forearm, three bronze-colored electrical contacts glistened in a shallow recess.  "Think I'll go with Sun -- I c'n see plenty moon out the window."

Spoiler
12 hours ago, Psychotoxin said:

"And please deposit any high-yield ordnance you might possess in the digi-storage right by the entrance. Your room's key card will allow you to create a separate storage profile." She proceeded to point to a section of the wall that blended in with the surrounding decorations, and only the shifting glowing orb, surrounded by floating data cubes indicated that it might have a purpose greater than simply pleasing the eye.

High-yield ordinance.  That definitely included the Ogris.  Oh well, this was a hotel, definitely not a place to be carrying an explosive rocket launcher.  It probably also included the Furax built into her prosthetic arm and the Pox growing in a container in her duffel, but those would have to stay with her.  The Furax fist was not detachable, and the Pox colony needed to be fed.  She just wouldn't tell anyone about those.

Shard waited patiently at the front desk thinking about how he had completely forgot to disarm when he came in. Shard sniffed the air and got a very faint smell of infestation. He ignored it and assumed it was someone’s pet, in which case he was in no place to judge as he frequently was tailed around by mini eidolons the he picked up every now and then.

On 2020-05-09 at 2:41 AM, Psychotoxin said:

"Of course! The Pale Garden is on the Sun side of the hotel, though the paths from both wings lead there." She answered with a polite smile, and produced a small tourist map, that showed the whole resort, with points of interest marked by pictures representing them.
The Pale Garden was represented with the icon of three white trees, and if Radriar followed the pathways marked, he'd have to pass the descent down into the Lua Ruins as the Garden was situated right between those and the Regolith Plains, which took up the far edge of the resort and the Lua shard.

As Ashtere left to handle the other guest (a putrid elderly Grineer, in dire need of a bath or shower), Radriar took the map and walked out of the lobby, towards the Sun section of the hotel, passing the same disgusting Revenant from before. He didn’t even give him so much as a glance. “People” like him were beneath him in every way imaginable. 

The doors opened and Radriar stepped out into the evening air, taking in a deep breath. This place, despite first impressions, was wonderful. He was here to have a good time, and he was going to enjoy himself, no matter what. Walking into the Lia ruins, Radriar admired the architecture of ancient pasts. The Orokin aesthetic was and would always be the best the system had to offer, although what was offered was decidedly low in standards to begin with. It took him a while to get through the ruins, but what was on the other side was something to behold.

The Pale Garden was equally as breathtaking, with glowing lunar trees in front of the backdrop of the starry sky. Various people milled about, some in deep meditation, others engaging in various group activities. A pair of young women recognized Radriar (Radriar is a semi-famous model), and requested for a photo with him, one he graciously permitted. After signing autographs and taking about a dozen photos and selfies, Radriar was able to pull himself away from his adoring fans to continue his walk amongst the trees. It wasn’t long before he noticed a familiar face, and an incredibly good looking one at that. Radriar took two glasses of Venusian soda from a passing waiter before approaching the male sitting beneath the tree.

”Jori! It’s been too long. How has this place been treating you?”

Jori, tall, dark skinned and objectively gorgeous, was another Tenno model who’d done a few photo shoots with Radriar earlier that year. He was usually seen walking the runway in his famed Chroma Prime, but today, he had decided to wander the gardens in his human form. He stood up, setting down the book he’d been reading and took the offered drink from Radriar.

”Very well thank you. I’ve been here a week, and plan on staying a few more days. For the Lunaro game, of course. I was invited by Madame Sydhi herself. Perhaps she desires my looks on the next cover of her magazine.”

Radriar chuckled, clinking his glass with Jori’s in a silent toast. Of course Sydhi had multiple candidates for the cover shoot. He should’ve, and would now on, expect stiff competition for the spot. 

“She invited me as well. Perhaps she plans to pit us against one another. To see which person is most worthy of the spot. Another brilliant move in her chess game.”

Taking a sip of his drink, Jori smiles deliciously, and Radriar’s heart skips a beat. 

“Well then, may the best Tenno win!”

The two toast to each other once again before finishing off their drinks.

”I’m staying in the penthouse room of the Moon section of the resort. If you ever find yourself in need of... company, I’d be more than happy to provide it. After all, there’s no reason two rivals can’t be friends. In fact, I was just about to get dinner. Why don’t we head there now? It’s on my dime.”

Jori takes Radriar’s empty glass and hands it to a passing waiter.

”Well, I’m staying at the Sun section of the resort. Penthouse suite, of course. I’m not here to mingle with the rabble. And yes, I’d be happy to accompany you to dinner, provided there’s catch.”

Radriar does what he can to hide his blush, but the red tinges his face like a tomato. Jori, chuckling, holds out an hand, one that Radriar takes. This holiday was going to be an enjoyable one. It was indeed.

3 hours ago, (NSW)QUORATINE7 said:

The Pale Garden was equally as breathtaking, with glowing lunar trees in front of the backdrop of the starry sky. Various people milled about, some in deep meditation, others engaging in various group activities. A pair of young women recognized Radriar (Radriar is a semi-famous model), and requested for a photo with him, one he graciously permitted. After signing autographs and taking about a dozen photos and selfies, Radriar was able to pull himself away from his adoring fans to continue his walk amongst the trees. It wasn’t long before he noticed a familiar face, and an incredibly good looking one at that. Radriar took two glasses of Venusian soda from a passing waiter before approaching the male sitting beneath the tree.

Bored of constant interruptions Shard said a farewell for now. He decided to head into the pale garden and see if he could summon funny mini eidolon pets. On his way he observed the beautiful dragons and flora of the hotel, a few girls recognized him from Galactic Lunaro games. Shard was a champion of Lunaro because of his almost inhuman reaction speed and athleticism. He complemented this with the powers of the revenant suit to turn his opponents against each other. Sure it want a pretty as his sisters Mesa prime or hit other suits, but he was willing to sacrifice temporary beauty for power. In the garden he noticed two men talking, one of which he recognized as Jori the Tenno model and the other sounded strangely familiar. Being bored and decided that mini eidolons could wait, he decided to go say a quick hi since he appeared to be leaving. He assumed it would be okay since athletes, especially ones of his caliber were considered an upper echelon profession. As He walked over to pass by Shard stopped and looked at Jori and decided to say, “hey there I recognize you, your that model Jori was it, you have some very impressive work, what brings someone like you here.”

Outside, a battered Liset puttered into the docks. Its prismatic shell gleamed with the iridescent blues and purples of an insect, obviously the only luxury taken in its decoration. The moment it docked, a flamboyantly pink Ember bounced out, looking around eagerly. She started rushing toward the door, only to pause for a moment to pull off her helmet. The pink mohawk gave way to reddish hair whisking around her chin.

Her youthful smile only faltered for a moment as she looked up at the sign and the scratched out words, but she was beaming again as she rushed up to the front desk. "I need to check in," Andrea said, before realizing the attendant was busy with another guest. "Sorry," she muttered, taking a step back then doing a double take as she realized the other guest was a Grineer. She couldn't help but stare curiously at the clone's mechanical parts and bulbous armor as she waited her turn.

On 2020-05-15 at 9:45 PM, UnremarkableUsername said:
  Reveal hidden contents

"Ah, I could give you my Steel Meridian ID, but it's not exactly current."  With a hint of mischief in her smile, the retired Grineer held up her left arm, a fine example of "Grineer machinery."  It had been recently polished and repainted, but underneath that, it would probably be a safe assumption that least fifty percent of it consisted of replacement parts.  The hand had Furax knuckles bult into it.  Halfway along the inside of the forearm, three bronze-colored electrical contacts glistened in a shallow recess.  "Think I'll go with Sun -- I c'n see plenty moon out the window."

Reveal hidden contents

High-yield ordinance.  That definitely included the Ogris.  Oh well, this was a hotel, definitely not a place to be carrying an explosive rocket launcher.  It probably also included the Furax built into her prosthetic arm and the Pox growing in a container in her duffel, but those would have to stay with her.  The Furax fist was not detachable, and the Pox colony needed to be fed.  She just wouldn't tell anyone about those.

"As long as your ID contains proper and functioning contact info to bill you, or have our legal team contact you, in... unfortunate cases, it will suffice" Ashtare stated, producing a gilded keycard from the wall behind her. 

15 hours ago, (NSW)0nuku said:

Outside, a battered Liset puttered into the docks. Its prismatic shell gleamed with the iridescent blues and purples of an insect, obviously the only luxury taken in its decoration. The moment it docked, a flamboyantly pink Ember bounced out, looking around eagerly. She started rushing toward the door, only to pause for a moment to pull off her helmet. The pink mohawk gave way to reddish hair whisking around her chin.

Her youthful smile only faltered for a moment as she looked up at the sign and the scratched out words, but she was beaming again as she rushed up to the front desk. "I need to check in," Andrea said, before realizing the attendant was busy with another guest. "Sorry," she muttered, taking a step back then doing a double take as she realized the other guest was a Grineer. She couldn't help but stare curiously at the clone's mechanical parts and bulbous armor as she waited her turn.

Ashtare noted the garrish Ember entering, and when their gazes met, the Zephyr gave her a slight nod of acknowledgement, as in to say "I'll be right with you."

On 2020-05-05 at 5:31 AM, Arunafeltz said:

The slate fit snugly into a gap under its hat-like turret. Beeping loudly in acknowledgement, the MOA skipped off merrily to find its recipient. Lacking access to surveillance feeds of any sort, it couldn't quite track her movements so it kept its scanners peeled as it hopped through the gardens towards the stadium.

The Moa, approaching the large stadium would hear shouts, and following the source would soon come upon the storage bay, snugly tucked right next to a cliff, located away from the main facade of the building. The walker would of course trace the loud voices to a pair of Mithra Mirrages, who were berating a group of simple warehouse workers.

"...-ing idiots, the lot of you. How can you misplace a crate that big!? And Mal, I need you to go and give Ash a good thrashing. That girl is taking way too long." One of the Mirages said, and the other one nodded and turned to head out, but almost bumped into the MOA.

"OG, it's here. The girl sent the Corpus bot to bring it..." the second Mirage stated, and grabbed the data slate, before handing it to the other one.

3 hours ago, Psychotoxin said:

"As long as your ID contains proper and functioning contact info to bill you, or have our legal team contact you, in... unfortunate cases, it will suffice" Ashtare stated, producing a gilded keycard from the wall behind her. 

"Yah, it should work."  Esk tapped at the three electrical contacts on her prosthetic arm.  "Just hafta scan this.  If you don't have a reader, I can give a genetic sample."  Was she... offering blood as a form of ID?  She was trying to be helpful, but to anyone but a Grineer this would seem strange.
(Even stranger was how they'd managed to get the Perrin Sequence to support Steel Meridian pension funds.  Wonders never ceased.)

On 2020-05-22 at 11:56 PM, (NSW)0nuku said:

but she was beaming again as she rushed up to the front desk. "I need to check in," Andrea said, before realizing the attendant was busy with another guest. "Sorry," she muttered, taking a step back then doing a double take as she realized the other guest was a Grineer. She couldn't help but stare curiously at the clone's mechanical parts and bulbous armor as she waited her turn.

Esk glanced at the newcomer with an affable grin, and moved her prosthetic arm slightly, as if flexing it.  Never seen Grineer in peacetime, eh Tenno?  Better get used to it.  The not-exactly-flex made the Ostron flame on her upper arm slightly more prominent.

16 hours ago, Psychotoxin said:

The Moa, approaching the large stadium would hear shouts, and following the source would soon come upon the storage bay, snugly tucked right next to a cliff, located away from the main facade of the building. The walker would of course trace the loud voices to a pair of Mithra Mirrages, who were berating a group of simple warehouse workers.

"...-ing idiots, the lot of you. How can you misplace a crate that big!? And Mal, I need you to go and give Ash a good thrashing. That girl is taking way too long." One of the Mirages said, and the other one nodded and turned to head out, but almost bumped into the MOA.

"OG, it's here. The girl sent the Corpus bot to bring it..." the second Mirage stated, and grabbed the data slate, before handing it to the other one.

Paying little heed to the heated ranting of the Mirage it stood before, the MOA simply tilted its head curiously as its gaze followed the tablet switching hands.Not having been dismissed yet, it waited patiently for further directions like the dullest of servants.

18 hours ago, Psychotoxin said:
Ashtare noted the garrish Ember entering, and when their gazes met, the Zephyr gave her a slight nod of acknowledgement, as in to say "I'll be right with you."
2 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

Esk glanced at the newcomer with an affable grin, and moved her prosthetic arm slightly, as if flexing it.  Never seen Grineer in peacetime, eh Tenno?  Better get used to it.  The not-exactly-flex made the Ostron flame on her upper arm slightly more prominent.

Andrea nodded and stepped into line. She caught the Grineer's eye, grin widening as she watched her showing off. Not many Grineer would be willing to brand themselves with an Ostron symbol. She felt all the more sure she had nothing to fear from this Grineer. And she definitely had some questions for her later.

"Ah, Lua, the void's jewel! Here at last."

Two mechanical feet step onto the landing pad with a loud thud, having jumped off the hatch of a liset more reminiscent of a cab rather than a covert stealth vessel, the yellow and blue colors kinda giving that feel. Raising one of her feet to sign the pilot off, the landing craft went off into the darkness of space, leaving as quickly as it arrived. Space travel has certainly become faster and more convenient when you don't have to avoid war-torn sectors and bloodthirsty scavengers.

Stretching the only two limbs a Moa has, that being its legs, she strolls forward to the reception area of The Embrace... odd, wasn't the name of this establishment meant to be longer? An update to the databanks will be required.

Good thing the doors were automatic, she already kicked in enough hatches on the previous planet she was on. Noticing there was a line, she decided to follow the customs of living beings and joined it, waiting at the very end. It might be a little weird seeing a Moa stand in line like a patron, hopping from foot to foot in a seemingly bored manner. It'll be even more weird once they notice it's being piloted by a mechanical spider sitting on its head. If anyone were to stare too hard, they get an almost innocent "Hi!" in response.

Evie is a simple cephalon.

Archived