Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[IC / Open RP] Treasures of Lua

Psychotoxin

On 2020-06-24 at 2:16 AM, UnremarkableUsername said:
  Hide contents

"N-no... pretty sure we have an adapter, to read those..." Ashtare stuttered. She had not expected someone to try and give their blood as an ID. At least - not here.

She opened a drawer somewhere under the table, and dug around a bit, producing something that looked like a bulky barcode scanner. It was incredibly dusty, and she fiddled with the dials on it, trying to get the grineer tech to work.
It was obvious the grineer labeling system was giving her some trouble.

Esk leaned forward just enough to read the display on the scanner, but also unintentionally just enough to be uncomfortable.  She quickly leaned back before it got too awkward.
"It's working, just put the contacts on the port and push the button," she said helpfully, extending her arm.

Ashtare looked up at Esk, and took two seconds to realize that a grineer would probably be able to read grineer.
She placed the scanner against the strips, and pressed the button that Esk had pointed to. The scanner slightly whirred, and after a moment produced a click, as the screen on the top of it changed, and displayed something that looked like the information that the Zephyr was after.

She then plugged the scanner in the universal adapter, next to one of her monitors, and let the system do the rest, while she prepared a Sun keycard.
"Sorry for the hold up. The keycard also acts as a key to the digistorage module, and both a tally and a key for the minibar in your room. If possible, please try to avoid spilling oil, if you have to perform maintenance on your prosthetics." The girl stated, and handed the keycard to the Ostron grineer.

"Welcome to The Embrace, Ms. Kterst. We hope that you will enjoy your stay here."

6 hours ago, Psychotoxin said:

Ashtare looked up at Esk, and took two seconds to realize that a grineer would probably be able to read grineer.
She placed the scanner against the strips, and pressed the button that Esk had pointed to. The scanner slightly whirred, and after a moment produced a click, as the screen on the top of it changed, and displayed something that looked like the information that the Zephyr was after.

She then plugged the scanner in the universal adapter, next to one of her monitors, and let the system do the rest, while she prepared a Sun keycard.
"Sorry for the hold up. The keycard also acts as a key to the digistorage module, and both a tally and a key for the minibar in your room. If possible, please try to avoid spilling oil, if you have to perform maintenance on your prosthetics." The girl stated, and handed the keycard to the Ostron grineer.

"Welcome to The Embrace, Ms. Kterst. We hope that you will enjoy your stay here."

Esk took the key card with a "Thank you!", picked up her duffel and helmet, and began to walk towards the digi-storage module, adding over her shoulder "You might want to keep the scanner out, there's a brother a few places down the line."  She would have to remember to talk to him later.

((reference for what the digi-storage looks like))

On 2020-05-15 at 1:58 AM, Psychotoxin said:

"And please deposit any high-yield ordnance you might possess in the digi-storage right by the entrance. Your room's key card will allow you to create a separate storage profile." She proceeded to point to a section of the wall that blended in with the surrounding decorations, and only the shifting glowing orb, surrounded by floating data cubes indicated that it might have a purpose greater than simply pleasing the eye

A few steps away from the reception desk was a conundrum.  Esk waved a hand through the holographic orb.  It flashed red, and briefly displayed a message in Orokin script: Key Not Detected.  Please Use Keycard For Access.  Unable to read it, the clone glanced back at Ashtare, but then remembered what she'd said about the keycard.  She waved the card through the orb, and it flashed green, then changed to a yellow matching the keycard.
The orb morphed into a flatter surface, and displayed a list of language options.  Grineer was the obvious choice.

Text or voice interface?  Text.  A holographic keyboard appeared below the display.  How many items do you intend to store?  One.  Place item in box.  A holographic box expanded from the wall.  Esk removed the ogris from her back and gingerly moved it into the box, unsure how a hologram could hold a solid object.  Item Detected! 😄  said the display.

Esk quickly withdrew her hands, and the weapon remained floating in the box.  Item 1 for Esku Kterst:  Nightwatch Ogris.  Confirm?  Yes, she typed.  The ogris dematerialized, emitting holographic sparks that drifted away from it and exploded into tiny smiley faces.  Would you like to store any other items?  No, she typed.  That was all, and that smiley spark animation was oddly creepy.  Enjoy your stay! said the display, and returned to its previous state, a blue orb with cubes orbiting it.  Esk continued to stare at it for several seconds before picking up her bag and walking to the lift, mildly shaken.

((I'll do another post later, for when Esk gets to her room.))

On 2020-06-24 at 1:59 PM, Denny2669 said:

"You may call me Cephalon Evie! I am merely looking to rent a recharging station in this fine establishment. Then I'm off to exploring the ruins of Lua and pursuing my research." she said with enthusiasm "And you are?"

22 hours ago, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

Looking around Shard took not of an interesting Tenno. “Corpus?” Shard Decided to go day hello unaware of the rather  frightening face he was making. He walked up to her with his normal behind approach. He tapped her shoulder and decided to say hi. “Hey there newcomer.”

"I am Andrea," she said, still taking in everything she had been told. "So... you're a Cephalon, like..."

A gentle tap on her pink shoulder stopped her in her tracks. She turned to see a frightening tall man with red eyes and sharp teeth bared right behind her. Her fist ignited, ready to cast a fireball in self defense, before she realized he was just greeting her. "Don't... do that!" she snapped, waving the flames out on her hand. "What's your deal anyway?"

52 minutes ago, (NSW)0nuku said:

A gentle tap on her pink shoulder stopped her in her tracks. She turned to see a frightening tall man with red eyes and sharp teeth bared right behind her. Her fist ignited, ready to cast a fireball in self defense, before she realized he was just greeting her. "Don't... do that!" she snapped, waving the flames out on her hand. "What's your deal anyway?"

Shard instinctively moved back and made a much more complex flame to guard himself before calming back down. The bear attack was enough to allow his face to change back to a more friendly face, if that’s what you could call the rather.... sinister grin he had friendly. “Sorry to scare you I’m just saying hi. I didn’t realize I was that repulsive to be mistaken for infestation. I’m assuming that’s what the rudimentary fireball was for right? It’s gonna take a little more kick than that to knock me down peg, but feel free to try!” Shard looked down on the smaller corpus girl and started to take note of her physical features.

On 2020-06-25 at 12:05 PM, Psychotoxin said:

21 hours ago, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

Shard instinctively moved back and made a much more complex flame to guard himself before calming back down. The bear attack was enough to allow his face to change back to a more friendly face, if that’s what you could call the rather.... sinister grin he had friendly. “Sorry to scare you I’m just saying hi. I didn’t realize I was that repulsive to be mistaken for infestation. I’m assuming that’s what the rudimentary fireball was for right? It’s gonna take a little more kick than that to knock me down peg, but feel free to try!” Shard looked down on the smaller corpus girl and started to take note of her physical features.

Her panic quickly broke into a sheepish grin. “No, I’m sorry, I guess I’m still settling into this peacetime routine. Remind me later and I might just take you up on that offer!” 

The Tenno was young, clad in an almost offensively pink Ember with the mohawked helmet tucked under her arm. Her hair fell in a reddish brown bobcut around her angular Corpus face.

She noticed the Grineer she had been waiting on fumbling with the storage module and realized it must be her turn. “Excuse me for a second...” Andrea bounces up to the Zephyr behind the counter. “One room please!”

The room Esk had been given was a simple one, containing the usual furnishings of any ordinary hotel room, but to her it seemed something otherworldly.  She was one of an ever-shrinking group who remembered when the very ground on which this resort stood had been a war zone.

Immediately inside the room, on either side of the entrance, were two doors.  Esk opened each of them and took a peek inside.  One turned out to be a closet, the other a bathroom.  It struck her as odd to place the toilet and shower in a separate room.  (Grineer, even the defectors who joined Steel Meridian, were accustomed to showering in full view of all their comrades, waiting in line and making grumpy comments about how there wouldn't be any hot water left when it was their turn.)

The room contained a bed, bedside table, and armchair and coffee table by the window,  and a desk off to one side with a coffee machine.  On one wall, opposite the bed and armchair, was a holoprojector.  Esk touched the bed.  It was... squishy.  Civilian life would take some getting used to, but it could be done.

Esk placed her duffel bag at the foot of the bed and withdrew from it what appeared to have once been a coolant cell from a large spacecraft.  It was a glass cylinder about half a meter long, with metal ribs running down its length, and had been modified with a hinged lid that latched closed over a rubber gasket.  It was full of something red and green, what appeared to be chunks of something leafy and wet.  On the side, drawn in what appeared to be permanent marker, was a smiley face, and on the lid, written in Grineer script in a neat, rounded hand, was the word "KIMSHEE".  Esk placed the canister on the desk and opened it, releasing a spicy, sour smell into the room.  She pulled from the canister a broad, floppy leaf, flecked with red flakes of some hot Ostron spice and dripping with fermented juices, ate it, and resealed the canister.  Just a snack.

She returned to the duffel bag an produced a second canister, much the same as the first.  The contents were similar in appearance, but this one was about half full.  On one side was a drawing of an angry face with tiny fangs, and on the other side, in the same neat Grineer handwriting, were the words "DO NOT EAT"  "LIKE REELY DONT".  On the lid was written "POKS".  This she placed on the coffee table, and opened to reveal a collection of purple and green bulbs of various sizes attached to the sides of the canister, each waving a few tiny tentacles into the middle.  They smelled faintly of rotting wood.  She took out a few of the largest ones and put them in a small, unremarkable metal bottle, which she secured at her waist.  She found a disposable cup of coffee creamer on the desk, poured it into the canister of pox, and sealed it.

Prepared with her tiny comrades for any necessary self-defence, Esk left the room to go for a run around the gardens.  Although she no longer stuck to the Nightwatch training regimen, she still kept quite fit, and anyway, it was as good an excuse as any to explore the gardens.

((Just fyi, Esk's pox are a benign strain of technocyte, familiar to anyone who has worked in the bio lab of a Tenno dojo (which the other characters may or may not have).  They pose no risk of Infested outbreak, but if she throws one at you, you'll have a hell of a time getting rid of the smell.))

15 hours ago, (NSW)0nuku said:

Her panic quickly broke into a sheepish grin. “No, I’m sorry, I guess I’m still settling into this peacetime routine. Remind me later and I might just take you up on that offer!” 

The Tenno was young, clad in an almost offensively pink Ember with the mohawked helmet tucked under her arm. Her hair fell in a reddish brown bobcut around her angular Corpus face.

“Have fun trying little one!” Shard gave a friendly snicker. He stood and waited for her to finish and waved at Ashtare to see if she would recognize him out of suit. He wondered how old this corpus was as opposed to the rest of the Tenno, considering how small she was. Then again he make a lot of people who aren’t heavy Grineer breeds look small. Speaking of Grineer he wondered what she was carrying on her he got faint whiffs of infestation when she was around.

Thraks noticed that the line moved a bit, so it would seem that it wasn't being that slow, so the process to checking in wasn't that long. He wonder what a person needed to do in order to check in. Maybe show some kind of ID, which he had thanks to the Steel Meridian for. When he thought about it, he has never set a foot on Earth's moon and for being on the moon, he didn't expect that the previous occupation known as the orokin would set up a "base" on said moon. Although, he knew very little about the orokin in the first place, so anything orokin related will most likely surprise him. Although, when he first started out as a grineer working for the queens (despite it being somewhat of a short one), he didn't remember seeing Earth's moon in the first place and to then suddenly appear out of nowhere, that puzzled him quite a bit. Maybe the Tenno had something todo with it? Who knows. 

Thraks would then sit down on the floor, still keeping his spot in the line and while he could stand still for longer, he might as well take the opportunity to rest, right? It was a long flight to this place after all.

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of Grineer he wondered what she was carrying on her he got faint whiffs of infestation when she was around.

The elevator doors opened with a happy DING! to reveal the Grineer, now unencumbered by the duffel bag and the artillery piece.  In a few strides (or leaps?  The difference was somewhat fuzzy in low gravity) she was at the reception desk taking a map with a pleasant wave to the Zephyr behind the desk and the Ember checking in; a few more strides brought her to the end of the line, where a lancer in Steel Meridian armor sat on the floor.

Thraks would then sit down on the floor, still keeping his spot in the line and while he could stand still for longer, he might as well take the opportunity to rest, right? It was a long flight to this place after all.

Esk addressed him in Grineer.  "Ey, Brother!  I think I recognize you!  Were you part of the UXO cleanup on the Plains?"

((First post of the month, but also first post in 20 days.  This thread ain't dead yet.))

18 hours ago, UnremarkableUsername said:

The elevator doors opened with a happy DING! to reveal the Grineer, now unencumbered by the duffel bag and the artillery piece.  In a few strides (or leaps?  The difference was somewhat fuzzy in low gravity) she was at the reception desk taking a map with a pleasant wave to the Zephyr behind the desk and the Ember checking in; a few more strides brought her to the end of the line, where a lancer in Steel Meridian armor sat on the floor.

Esk addressed him in Grineer.  "Ey, Brother!  I think I recognize you!  Were you part of the UXO cleanup on the Plains?"

((First post of the month, but also first post in 20 days.  This thread ain't dead yet.))

((Aye))

Thraks looks toward the one who spoke to him, seeing that it was a fellow grineer, heavy gunner strand. He would then stand up before answering the question that he received

"Indeed. Well, one of the free volunteers in said cleanup to be honest, but I think I did fairly well for my part" he spoke in grineer, just in case said grineer couldn't speak English. Some grineers aren't that great in speaking said language or so he had heard

With the line slowly moving forward the Zephyr was rather busy, and others could overhear her rather upbeat, yet monotone greeting and a neatly practiced declamation of internal rules.

Some of the guests took to the Moon and some to the Sun, as is the usual case. When it came to the Cephalon, mounting the Moa, Ashtare offered that the mechanic would fix up a docking bay for a simulated environment.
Over the noise in the lobby, however, bystanders would find it hard to discern what exactly had Evie selected.

But slowly the line would die down, and filter out into the resort proper.

After checking in, Andrea wandered over to the Wing of the Sun, absently turning her golden keycard around in her hands. In all the excitement she'd forgotten about the cost of this place. How was father going to pay for all of this? She shouldn't have come here, but he seemed so eager to give her a break from her training. "The System will still be there for you to save when you get back, darling," he had said, gently resting his soft hands on her shoulders.

She wiped away a stray tear from the corner of her eye as she looked for her average room at the end of the curving hall, too worried to take in the beautiful architecture she had been looking forward to.

2 hours ago, (NSW)0nuku said:

After checking in, Andrea wandered over to the Wing of the Sun, absently turning her golden keycard around in her hands. In all the excitement she'd forgotten about the cost of this place. How was father going to pay for all of this? She shouldn't have come here, but he seemed so eager to give her a break from her training. "The System will still be there for you to save when you get back, darling," he had said, gently resting his soft hands on her shoulders.

She wiped away a stray tear from the corner of her eye as she looked for her average room at the end of the curving hall, too worried to take in the beautiful architecture she had been looking forward to.

Now alone, Shard roamed the hotel hallways in hope of someone who he could talk to for a while since Without his sibling he was quite lonely and all the other guest had gone off to do their own things with their friends or comrades which left him by himself.  He decided to go to the plaza area where the sun wing over looked and practice since he was alone and not being observed. Inside the area after looking around to make sure no one was watching he began to Try to secretly practice using his ability.

Radou had chosen room from moon wing and is walking towards it currently. He looked around the hallway to see how good it is for defense and offense but he quickly stopped himself from thinking that. He needed to relax, all of those missions for Corpus lately really have exhausted him mentally and work habits are bleeding over to what he would consider normal life. He arrived to his room door and opens it, closing it behind him. One room apartment with bathroom, it has bed, kitchen with a fridge, chair and table where he can eat and read. His first thought was 'Is that electric or gas?' as he took a look at the stove. Electric, not ideal but far more safer and not at all horrible for cooking.

Bathroom, very standard, toilet, sink with a faucet and shower. He unpacked his canvas bag, got changed to common clothing after a shower for a moment he thought about making food immediately the maintenance of his ship took a while. With some thought put in to it, cooking started. This passion has been quite hungry to be sated with proper cooking and a meal. He cleaned up and head out back to his ship to do a maintenance on his weaponry.

1 hour ago, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

(The one thing the orokin could never advance)

((I don't know about that. Orokin had all kinds of crazies among them and the feeling I have gotten is that it was mostly oligarchic nightmare with stupid powers... So it wouldn't at all surprise me that there was a nut job who was crazy about cooking... Here's to hoping it wasn't anything too wild))

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-07-23 at 4:13 PM, (NSW)0nuku said:

After some totally not suspicious activities in the plaza shard decided if he could go find that corpus from earlier. On his way through the sun wing he sent a message to his cephalon to contact the other Diamond that was supposed to be here. He continued to wander the hallways to see if he could figure out where she went.

Andrea shook herself out of her stupor and realized she'd made it to the end of the hall. And that must be her room. Quick swipe of the keycard and she opened the door, only for her breath to catch. Even in this simple room, the walls were a shimmering white, tastefully gilded around the edges and bed in gold. The window looked out onto the barren lunar plains, a rugged beauty in its own way. She hurried in to set her helmet down and try out the bed (pleasantly squishy, even better than her bed at home!). She was so excited she forgot to close the door.

1 hour ago, (NSW)0nuku said:

Andrea shook herself out of her stupor and realized she'd made it to the end of the hall. And that must be her room. Quick swipe of the keycard and she opened the door, only for her breath to catch. Even in this simple room, the walls were a shimmering white, tastefully gilded around the edges and bed in gold. The window looked out onto the barren lunar plains, a rugged beauty in its own way. She hurried in to set her helmet down and try out the bed (pleasantly squishy, even better than her bed at home!). She was so excited she forgot to close the door.

Whilst walking down the hall he found an open door and upon inspection he notice he had found his victi-person if interest. He decided to hide in void mode and observe. Stifling giggles he watched her look around the room “like a kid in a candy store.” And realizing he had said that out loud he froze still to see if she would notice or if he continue messing with the smaller Tenno.

8 hours ago, (NSW)0nuku said:

@(XB1)shadowhedgehogk

Andrea stiffened for a moment. She thought she heard someone... wait, she left the door open. She shrugged to herself as she walked over and closed it. It was probably someone outside... as fun as it would be to have a haunted room. She needed to just relax...

After he saw she didn’t notice him he made a face that would other wise be a telltale sign that something evil was about to happen. He began to look around the room in search of items for his plot while making sure to watch Andreas movement so he didn’t tip her off.

Sometime later, after being in the line to check in while having a small talk with the grineer woman, Thraks had finally checked in and when the question came to which side he could pick, he picked moon because he liked to observe the stars whenever he could.

He walked down the hall of the many numbered rooms until he found the one he was assigned to and if he recalled correctly, he had picked an average suite. When he used the card that he got from the receptionist to unlock the door to said suite, he slowly open the door and found out that the first room seemed to be a living room of an average quality objects and items. Things like a TV that seems to broadcast galaxy wide channels, a somewhat decently sized sofa with some sort of handle on the side of it (something he would check out later), a shelf with some books and what looked like pamphlets with various activity of the resort, including about the popular sport Lunaro (Thraks had heard about it, but have never actually seen what it was). He would then also spot a wardrobe that he could use to store some of his stuff, maybe even his armor (despite rarely taking it off, outside of heading to bed in a non-hostile environment). A quick glance into the other rooms revealed that there was a simple bedroom and a bathroom as well, both of which were far better than what he's used to. 

The very first thing he decided to try out was to take a seat on the sofa and when he sat down on it, he felt relaxed as he haven't been on a sitting spot this comfy since...he actually can't remember the last time he was on a very comfy sit spot. Maybe he has never been on a spot like this before or maybe it was so long ago that he forgot how it felt to be so comfortable on a sofa like this one. He do remember that he sat down on seating spots on Cetus, but non came close as comfy as this one.

(Welp, this post became rather silly real fast, but a fun one non the less)

On 2020-08-05 at 12:07 AM, (NSW)0nuku said:

@(XB1)shadowhedgehogk

Andrea stiffened for a moment. She thought she heard someone... wait, she left the door open. She shrugged to herself as she walked over and closed it. It was probably someone outside... as fun as it would be to have a haunted room. She needed to just relax...

After a bit of observation he decided to make his move. Seeing as he used the revenant frame he got a lot of good tips on haunting from a certain dead sentient. He snuck up behind Andrea and using his cold hands touched the Lower back To surprise her.

On 2020-07-22 at 6:11 PM, Psychotoxin said:

With the line slowly moving forward the Zephyr was rather busy, and others could overhear her rather upbeat, yet monotone greeting and a neatly practiced declamation of internal rules.

Some of the guests took to the Moon and some to the Sun, as is the usual case. When it came to the Cephalon, mounting the Moa, Ashtare offered that the mechanic would fix up a docking bay for a simulated environment.
Over the noise in the lobby, however, bystanders would find it hard to discern what exactly had Evie selected.

But slowly the line would die down, and filter out into the resort proper.

It sure was unusual to see a cephalon, a being of code and (usually) logic, space out like this. But hey, it happens. Evie was one such case, completely forgetting her conversation with the other patrons until it was her turn at the reception desk. A virtual environment was offered, but she declined at first. All she really needed was a reserved charging station. But then she started wondering about all the data she could gather, how long that may take to process. Best to reserve a thinking space just in case, she's got the credits after all. She told them to fill it with whatever, she won't be spending too much time in it anyway. The difference between sun or moon didn't matter much to her. Hey, they literally ARE on the moon, so might as well go with that.

After everything was set up, the Moa riding cephalon went to the elevators and straight to the roof. The shuttle didn't offer a good enough view of the area, so she's off to get some better footage. Everyone outside the resort should probably start saying cheese.

Archived