Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[IC / Open RP] Treasures of Lua

Psychotoxin

A Liset in the red-to-yellow hues of a desert sunset circled the moon-shard that the Embrace was built on once before dropping its passenger at one of the landing pads: A wisp in the same color scheme, who took in the sight around her despite its objective lack of splendor, before moving into the hotel complex at a leisurely walking pace - not that she was walking, of course. Her hover left behind barely as much as disturbed lunar dust as she swayed left to right playfully on her approach of the hotel gates.

It was nice to be able to have Lua in the sky, yet be so close. A view that was normally limited to her orbiter, which even for someone rather eccentric as here, did get a bit too cramped after a while. She'd heard good thing about this place, but it already shaped up to exceed her expectations. Coming here was a good idea. She'd be able to relax very well, she thought. Which was the main reason why she had largely left behind her weaponry, with the exception of a bag of Fusilai, which she didn't even have tied to her leg as it normally was - it was together with her personal tidbits and some accessories in a strurdy travel-bag which she wore on a strap over her shoulder.

When she entered the front hall of the hotel, she again halted to look around the hall, from wall to wall and to the ceiling. She took note of another Tenno at the counter, the Moa next to them, and occasional staff or customers crossing the area. Well, that was pretty much what she had expected.

Despite the counter being obviously busy with the Tenno and/or Moa, she approached it first. While she was casually aware of the Tenno around her, other people might slip under her radar easily.

On 2020-09-05 at 5:16 PM, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius quickly reached over to catch the Moa. Did it just try to...? Carefully placing it on the ground, Kacilius pulled out a scanner. There was definitely severe damage, which might have caused it to malfunction. He sighed and strapped it onto his back. "Guess I'll fix you up in a bit." He turned back to the Zephyr. "I don't know what just happened, but I guess I'm watching over this guy for now. Now, where were we with check in?"

((Somewhat at the request of Psychotoxin, check in has been skipped.))

Kacilius flourished the Moon keycard in his hand. With the now powered-down MOA under his arm, Kacilius walked towards the Wing of the Moon. Ever since Kacilius awoke from cryosleep, the only thing he knew was war, blood and violence. The Grineer that awoke him were lucky that he was still exhausted from the abrupt awakening, and forced him to fight on their side before a special Corpus squadron defeated him in battle. After that, Kacilius was experimented on in Alad V's lab, nearly turning him into a Valkyr. Only able to hold his sanity for so long, Kacilius escaped from the lab and wandered for years until several other Tenno brought him in. Despite being extremely trigger-happy against Grineer/Corpus, the many missions and battles he fought in were starting to their toll. Now, Kacilius was able to have some time to actually relax. I should head up to my room first and unpack. Then see what happened to this MOA.

27 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

((Somewhat at the request of Psychotoxin, check in has been skipped.))

Kacilius flourished the Moon keycard in his hand. With the now powered-down MOA under his arm, Kacilius walked towards the Wing of the Moon. Ever since Kacilius awoke from cryosleep, the only thing he knew was war, blood and violence. The Grineer that awoke him were lucky that he was still exhausted from the abrupt awakening, and forced him to fight on their side before a special Corpus squadron defeated him in battle. After that, Kacilius was experimented on in Alad V's lab, nearly turning him into a Valkyr. Only able to hold his sanity for so long, Kacilius escaped from the lab and wandered for years until several other Tenno brought him in. Despite being extremely trigger-happy against Grineer/Corpus, the many missions and battles he fought in were starting to their toll. Now, Kacilius was able to have some time to actually relax. I should head up to my room first and unpack. Then see what happened to this MOA.

Shard now walking down the hall with some faint memory of doing something wrong decided to go find someone else to both- interact with. his sister would be coming soon which meant no more fooling around for him. strolling down the hall he noticed a shorter Tenno walking down the hall with a decrepit looking MOA.  "what happed to that poor chicken walker?" he unconsciously voiced his thought out loud.

49 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

Shard now walking down the hall with some faint memory of doing something wrong decided to go find someone else to both- interact with. his sister would be coming soon which meant no more fooling around for him. strolling down the hall he noticed a shorter Tenno walking down the hall with a decrepit looking MOA.  "what happed to that poor chicken walker?" he unconsciously voiced his thought out loud.

"Chicken walker? What- Oh, you mean this MOA?" Kacilius placed the MOA on the ground. "I don't know, I met this little one at check in. Tried..." Kacilius shook his head. "Never mind. Do you know how to repair MOAs? I own a MOA, but it's still in good shape and self-repairs."

15 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Chicken walker? What- Oh, you mean this MOA?" Kacilius placed the MOA on the ground. "I don't know, I met this little one at check in. Tried..." Kacilius shook his head. "Never mind. Do you know how to repair MOAs? I own a MOA, but it's still in good shape and self-repairs."

“There isn’t much I can’t fix”  he said while rubbing one of his somatic above his eyebrow. “However I’d have to take it to my ship where I have my equipment. You can come along if you’d like. I need to pick my other frame anyway, apparently revenant isn’t very fashionable.”

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

“There isn’t much I can’t fix”  he said while rubbing one of his somatic above his eyebrow. “However I’d have to take it to my ship where I have my equipment. You can come along if you’d like. I need to pick my other frame anyway, apparently revenant isn’t very fashionable.”

I can unpack later. We should probably repair this MOA first anyway. "Revenant is a fine frame, good for tanking enemy fire." Kacilius said, sighing. "Honestly, I should stop thinking only about fighting. Lead the way to your ship, Mr...?"

27 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

I can unpack later. We should probably repair this MOA first anyway. "Revenant is a fine frame, good for tanking enemy fire." Kacilius said, sighing. "Honestly, I should stop thinking only about fighting. Lead the way to your ship, Mr...?"

“Diamond, Shard Diamond. Don’t make jokes about my name.” He frowned remembering a past nickname. “ anyways follow me to the roof” he gestured for him to follow.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

“Diamond, Shard Diamond. Don’t make jokes about my name.” He frowned remembering a past nickname. “ anyways follow me to the roof” he gestured for him to follow.

"Interesting name. I am Kacilius Venrai. Nice to meet you, Mr. Diamond." Jokes about his name? What would that be? "The roof, eh? Let's head up then." Kacilius began following Shard.

15 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Interesting name. I am Kacilius Venrai. Nice to meet you, Mr. Diamond." Jokes about his name? What would that be? "The roof, eh? Let's head up then." Kacilius began following Shard.

On the apparently empty roof shard stood near the edge and fiddled with some strange device. “Ok here we are” from out of thin air a golden railjack uncloaked and came into view. The exterior appeared to be very orokin style however there were hints of different factions technologies integrated into it nearly hidden as to be a barley visible as possible.

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

On the apparently empty roof shard stood near the edge and fiddled with some strange device. “Ok here we are” from out of thin air a golden railjack uncloaked and came into view. The exterior appeared to be very orokin style however there were hints of different factions technologies integrated into it nearly hidden as to be a barley visible as possible.

"Here? I don't see any- Woah." The Railjack was majestic. Kacilius preferred deeper, cooler tones, like blue and purple, but this golden Orokin scheme... "This Railjack... Beautiful."

40 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

"Here? I don't see any- Woah." The Railjack was majestic. Kacilius preferred deeper, cooler tones, like blue and purple, but this golden Orokin scheme... "This Railjack... Beautiful."

Shard stepped into the airlock. “Yeah well the inside isn’t as pretty so sorry for the mess, anyways come inside so I can get to work.” He continued inside. “I have to keep it cloaked in terrestrial because the treaty forbids use of armaments that aren’t for peace keeping, basically anything above a Braton or burston. I got a special pass because of my professions and the fact that they couldn’t pilot my ship, so I can keep it however it has to remain out of site in public as to not frighten anyone. You don’t see to many Railjacks like king nowadays they are mostly just party and pleasure ships now, unlike thier original warfare purpose. I built this one myself so it’s a bit unique.”

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

Shard stepped into the airlock. “Yeah well the inside isn’t as pretty so sorry for the mess, anyways come inside so I can get to work.” He continued inside. “I have to keep it cloaked in terrestrial because the treaty forbids use of armaments that aren’t for peace keeping, basically anything above a Braton or burston. I got a special pass because of my professions and the fact that they couldn’t pilot my ship, so I can keep it however it has to remain out of site in public as to not frighten anyone. You don’t see to many Railjacks like king nowadays they are mostly just party and pleasure ships now, unlike thier original warfare purpose. I built this one myself so it’s a bit unique.”

"I don't mind it being messy. This is really a unique Railjack." Kacilius said as he stepped inside. "Where should I place the MOA?"

((By the way, the person who actually "controls" this MOA has disappeared for a while, so I'm not sure what entirely to do.))

23 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

"I don't mind it being messy. This is really a unique Railjack." Kacilius said as he stepped inside. "Where should I place the MOA?"

((By the way, the person who actually "controls" this MOA has disappeared for a while, so I'm not sure what entirely to do.))

“Just place it on that desk over there” before he could say anything else a cephalon or group of cephalon appeared in the room and started a rather heated argument with each other before tumbling into the next room and lower deck of the ship. “So anyways why don’t I show you around a bit.” Shard said pressing some sort of command button. (Were just gonna set them down and leave them be for right now)

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

“Just place it on that desk over there” before he could say anything else a cephalon or group of cephalon appeared in the room and started a rather heated argument with each other before tumbling into the next room and lower deck of the ship. “So anyways why don’t I show you around a bit.” Shard said pressing some sort of command button. (Were just gonna set them down and leave them be for right now)

Kacilius carefully placed the MOA on the desk. When the cephalon or cephalons suddenly showed up, Kacilius nearly knocked the MOA off the desk. "That was... interesting." Kacilius said as he quickly stabilized the MOA. "I've been on a few Railjacks before, but yours is one of the most unique ones I've been on."

4 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius carefully placed the MOA on the desk. When the cephalon or cephalons suddenly showed up, Kacilius nearly knocked the MOA off the desk. "That was... interesting." Kacilius said as he quickly stabilized the MOA. "I've been on a few Railjacks before, but yours is one of the most unique ones I've been on."

“Well that’s what happens when you combine a orokin era cephalon with a Mina tire infested hive mind and the neural cortex stolen from a murex. They are surprisingly docile when removed from thier host network  they argue about everything but in the end they all live off each other and run the ship so it works out.” Shard walked into the lower deck dodging a drone flying by. In th lower deck two necramechs stood guard on each wall quietly observing the chaos unfolding.

With her way to the counter now free, the Wisp went through her check-in to the Sun-Wing, stating that "As funny as being 'on the moon' on the moon would be, I prefer the Sun wing, I think." Afterwards, she took a map of the complex with her and moved to a spot out of the way in the lobby. There she placed her bag down, visibly relieved by not having to hover that weight anymore, and started to study and memorize the layout of the complex, while keeping an eye on the people passing through the hall, and thinking if she might go to another place before her room. There were a few tempting options...

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

“Well that’s what happens when you combine a orokin era cephalon with a Mina tire infested hive mind and the neural cortex stolen from a murex. They are surprisingly docile when removed from thier host network  they argue about everything but in the end they all live off each other and run the ship so it works out.” Shard walked into the lower deck dodging a drone flying by. In th lower deck two necramechs stood guard on each wall quietly observing the chaos unfolding.

"A Cephalon, Infested Hive Mind and a Murex? Impressive. How'd you do it?" Kacilius asked before promptly getting smacked in the face by the flying drone. "Ow!"

11 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

"A Cephalon, Infested Hive Mind and a Murex? Impressive. How'd you do it?" Kacilius asked before promptly getting smacked in the face by the flying drone. "Ow!"

The two necramechs made what sounded like a chuckling noise at the drones clumsiness. “Sorry Watch out for them, they mean no harm they just are very aggressive at cleaning up the MESS THESE THREE IDIOTS CAUSE!” At his yell the chaos calmed down. “ well during to do it I have my cephalon heirophant strictly handling logistics making the calculations for everything and making sure everything stays balanced and we have all the supplies we need. The murex by its own admission fixes any damage as well as constantly improves our armaments and gear by adapting to whatever it’s exposed to. It took some convincing but now it also handles most of the piloting and turret work on its own. Then the hive mind lives off of all the waste materials the ships general functions generate and turn in back into energy for the other two to use, it also handles any biological functions as well as on board security. The murex also make sure that it doesn’t encroach on nessicary things while also letting it integrate with the ship. He also passes me weapons as I need them and is responsible for giving out the orders to all the little drones who buzz about. I made him from a chunk of vome and fass  with the help of the helminth. This ship is effectively a living machine with three minds. It doesn’t really need a crew to function but it helps, also they need someone to keep them in order since they argue every 10 minutes 

Radou arrived to the sun wing of the hotel and quite liked the warm look of the hallway, part of him slightly regretted for choosing the moon wing but after small amount of thought mostly of his current situation. Mercenary would be criticized here quite a lot, well, depending on how much activity this place will see. Some of that criticism he acknowledges and swallows even if it is painful but some of it doesn't apply to him. (Definitely place where several of my friends old and current deserve to rest for a while without facing descent) Radou thought as he thought about friend from over seven years ago and friend he still has.

He turned away slowly and went back towards garden where he will sit down to read electronic book he bought through his Corpus friend. It is not written in Corpus but in English what the electronic book was about, is commentary of humanity but notably far less propagandized version. When he arrived to garden he sat down and started reading it.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

The two necramechs made what sounded like a chuckling noise at the drones clumsiness. “Sorry Watch out for them, they mean no harm they just are very aggressive at cleaning up the MESS THESE THREE IDIOTS CAUSE!” At his yell the chaos calmed down. “ well during to do it I have my cephalon heirophant strictly handling logistics making the calculations for everything and making sure everything stays balanced and we have all the supplies we need. The murex by its own admission fixes any damage as well as constantly improves our armaments and gear by adapting to whatever it’s exposed to. It took some convincing but now it also handles most of the piloting and turret work on its own. Then the hive mind lives off of all the waste materials the ships general functions generate and turn in back into energy for the other two to use, it also handles any biological functions as well as on board security. The murex also make sure that it doesn’t encroach on nessicary things while also letting it integrate with the ship. He also passes me weapons as I need them and is responsible for giving out the orders to all the little drones who buzz about. I made him from a chunk of vome and fass  with the help of the helminth. This ship is effectively a living machine with three minds. It doesn’t really need a crew to function but it helps, also they need someone to keep them in order since they argue every 10 minutes 

Kacilius tensely watched the drone as it flew away. He nearly lashed out a fist at it, but he held back. Years of warfare made Kacilius constantly on edge, as he was forced to watch every corner to protect himself. He shook the feeling away. It's just a drone. It's fine I didn't see it. Besides, if I broke that, Shard would probably hit me. "Well, your... what should I call it... Railjack... seems to have a pretty stable symbiotic relationship."

8 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Kacilius tensely watched the drone as it flew away. He nearly lashed out a fist at it, but he held back. Years of warfare made Kacilius constantly on edge, as he was forced to watch every corner to protect himself. He shook the feeling away. It's just a drone. It's fine I didn't see it. Besides, if I broke that, Shard would probably hit me. "Well, your... what should I call it... Railjack... seems to have a pretty stable symbiotic relationship."

“Physically yes, mentally? Hah! Without me to play the straight man nothing would ever get done” he continued to walk “ if need be don’t hesitate to smack a drone, they’ll split into two put themselves back  together before you realize it. Result of fusing a malignant virus with an self multiplying sentient. Anyways down here...” he said stepping into the lowest deck. “Is my humble abode.” One half of the room had its forge uses removed and had been converted into a living space, bed couch tv and all. On the far wall hung many different weapons that were generally banned under the peace treaty: primes, sentient, infested, entrati he had it all. Laying on a series of smaller beds, were a few pets a vulpaphyla, kuburow, kavat, and some funny looking creature. Floating about the room were a few sentinels buzzing about in formation like a flock of birds.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

“Physically yes, mentally? Hah! Without me to play the straight man nothing would ever get done” he continued to walk “ if need be don’t hesitate to smack a drone, they’ll split into two put themselves back  together before you realize it. Result of fusing a malignant virus with an self multiplying sentient. Anyways down here...” he said stepping into the lowest deck. “Is my humble abode.” One half of the room had its forge uses removed and had been converted into a living space, bed couch tv and all. On the far wall hung many different weapons that were generally banned under the peace treaty: primes, sentient, infested, entrati he had it all. Laying on a series of smaller beds, were a few pets a vulpaphyla, kuburow, kavat, and some funny looking creature. Floating about the room were a few sentinels buzzing about in formation like a flock of birds.

Shard's "home" was just right, despite being in the bottom deck of a Railjack. "This is a nice place." Kacilius said, before eyeing the weapons. Ever since he awoke, Kacilius was drawn to weapons and their ability to end lives and cause havoc. He reached behind his back before realizing he left his weapons on his own Orbiter. He sighed. "You have a lot of weapons. Right, I'm curious about another thing. Do you not have an Orbiter, hence you live on a Railjack?"

20 minutes ago, EpicdudeX said:

Shard's "home" was just right, despite being in the bottom deck of a Railjack. "This is a nice place." Kacilius said, before eyeing the weapons. Ever since he awoke, Kacilius was drawn to weapons and their ability to end lives and cause havoc. He reached behind his back before realizing he left his weapons on his own Orbiter. He sighed. "You have a lot of weapons. Right, I'm curious about another thing. Do you not have an Orbiter, hence you live on a Railjack?"

“I have one floating around somewhere near Deimos but I prefer to live here as all my stuff including my cephalon are here. For the most part I usually leave it parked somewhere nearby, and use it for storage. My railjack can carry out all the same functions as my orbiter and anything a do need from there is a buttons press away.” He said this and infested tendril came from the ceiling holding a holo TV like display that had the options either for entertainment or command purposes. “See? Plus a railjack has more travel options anyway so I usually just tow my orbiter with me whenever I change proxima orbits. Plus I have enough armaments here to take on a fleet, of course with this new peace treaty doing that would piss off a lot of people.”

On 2020-10-06 at 6:44 AM, WolfmanX9 said:

Thraks (who was currently in the recreation room of the moon) was at the moment using the dart board to practice his aim and instead of traditional darts, it was mini glaives he was throwing that came with the board, which he thought was pretty interesting. Come to think of it, he has never used a proper throwing weapon before, at least not one those that the tenno uses. He has seen some tenno carry them around now and then, maybe seen one in flight and this has him curious on how it feels like to use said weapon. Maybe he could ask a tenno someday if he could try to throw one.

((Just a wee status update on what Thraks is currently doing))

Thraks would notice a young guy, not older than 20-22 come through the hallway, into the spacious Moon-wing recreational room, with a hover cart, laden with various bottles. The newcomer would give a friendly smile and a wave to the grineer, and pull the hovercart through a small door at the far end of the room.
The young man was wearing casual clothing, akin to something only seen in dated holovids. He had a skinsuit covering his body to his knees and elbows, above which he wore large baggy shorts with oversized pockets. He also wore a very light button-up t-shirt with a flower pattern in savoy blue and white colors. He himself was somehow both pale-ish and lightly tan, with grayish hair, and steel gray eyes.

(( @WolfmanX9))

Meanwhile anyone in the sun recreational room would see a young girl, aged `round 20-22, with a long grey-haired braid, steel eyes, and black military fatigues. She would be driving a hover cart, and taking it into the supply room, without showing any acknowledgement of the guests. One could hold the notion that she tried to be as unnoticable, as possible, without actively hiding.

---

Ashtare had served the incoming patrons, and had produced a holopad, reading something or another. whatever it was, the receptionist could be seen slyly smirking every now and then.
Some of the patrons might have caught glimpses of a man in a default color modified Excalibur suit make rounds throughout the resort. If they needed, he helped them with directions in short, cut-off sentences, or any other simple questions, but the man avoided long conversations.

Batel had done berating the workers, and anyone else that happened to be nearby, from the staff and had left the storage bay, Leaving Mal, the other mirage, to oversee the remaining deliveries that were to arrive soon... -ish.
The irritable Mirrage had retired herself to the far edge of the regolith plains, looking off into the dark void enveloping Lua.

---

(( @Denny2669))

The technician, North, quickly got hold of Evie, and guided the construct to the moon side rec room. The resident mechanic of the resort was a bit on the elderly side with already silvered beard and hair, and wore an outfit clearly stylised after a Vauban suit. He seemed to constantly have a kindly smile, and his bushy beard and almost unkempt hair did well to hide his facial features, aside from the smile.

"Alright, well, Ash told me that you have no preference regarding the environment, but I can't leave it a mess for our guest. So, what can ol` North set up for ya?"

Thraks would also notice the pair enter the rec room, and approach one of the split panels along the inner walls, opposite of the windows lining the outer wall.

Evie would notice that the panel covered a small room, with a docking station, that was neatly hidden from prying eyes.

"Also, this here system locks from the inside, via a command on the console. Even if yer a fine and dandy program, you might still want a bit of physical privacy." The Vauban smiled.

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

“I have one floating around somewhere near Deimos but I prefer to live here as all my stuff including my cephalon are here. For the most part I usually leave it parked somewhere nearby, and use it for storage. My railjack can carry out all the same functions as my orbiter and anything a do need from there is a buttons press away.” He said this and infested tendril came from the ceiling holding a holo TV like display that had the options either for entertainment or command purposes. “See? Plus a railjack has more travel options anyway so I usually just tow my orbiter with me whenever I change proxima orbits. Plus I have enough armaments here to take on a fleet, of course with this new peace treaty doing that would piss off a lot of people.”

Kacilius nodded. "That makes sense. And to be honest, a Railjack has more room compared to an Orbiter." He leaned against the wall. "As for the peace treaty, I'm not too sure what I think about it. For one, I'm glad I don't have to watch my back constantly. On the other hand, I somewhat enjoyed wielding weapons."

Archived