Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember 1St & 2Nd Abilities

Zareek

Alright, I'm making this topic, to discuss those 2 abilities. "Overheat" and "Fireball".

I think that Overheat was changed into a damage ability instead of damage reduction? Wiki doesn't seem to have changed it, the Fireball ability does seem to have been updated.

I tried using Fireball for a short while now, and Ive got mixed feelings about it. It seems more useful than before but sometimes it doesn't seem to be worth spending the energy on.

So, do any of you ever use Fireball and Overheat? Why or why not? :)

loved overheat durning survival weekend with infested early waves cause i could go for melee sprees, it also helped reduce the poision damage i get from toxics.

however as it have alot less damage resistance i dont use it as often vs ranged enemies and keep it mostly for infested, cause you just know its a matter of time befor you faceplant by some ainchent into a crowd of chargers and maybe a toxic.

I don't use either, since I sold Ember last week after Ember Prime was announced.

Best way to look at it is, is one cast of this better than two casts of that.

Good point, I like varity though even if its less effecient.

Where was Ember Prime announced though? can you provide a link please?

firball just sucks .. i still use overheat .. fireblast i got rid of .. and wof is still visble

you do know fire blast is still awsome right?

reguardless of the scale (wich was a bug and wasent the actuall hit areas) with continuaty mods you put 2-3 of them, it pretty much kill every infested trying to cross it, best of all its there for a decent amount of time so you can use it as lane blocker.

you do know fire blast is still awsome right?

reguardless of the scale (wich was a bug and wasent the actuall hit areas) with continuaty mods you put 2-3 of them, it pretty much kill every infested trying to cross it, best of all its there for a decent amount of time so you can use it as lane blocker.

Fireblast is stackable?

I use overheat all the time. 52% damage reduction and it makes melee way more effective. It only costs 50 energy so there's no reason not to keep it up at all times.

Fireball's crap.

Fireblast is much less useful than Overheat in my opinion, it's small, doesn't CC reliably, and only infested and sawmen actually ever walk through it. Why try to lead enemies through fire blast when overheat and WoF can bring the fire to them?

Edited by merryfistmas

each fireblast ring on its own seperated timer so you can put multiple of them, put them on top of eachother you can create a really deadly (and bright) fire ring

Sweet thanks for the info

I use overheat all the time. 52% damage reduction and it makes melee way more effective. It only costs 50 energy so there's no reason not to keep it up at all times.

Fireball's crap.

Fireblast is much less useful than Overheat in my opinion, it's small, doesn't CC reliably, and only infested and sawmen actually ever walk through it. It has it's uses but a small, stationary, ring of fire is just kind of meh.

Yeah I see your point. A shame they didn't make it more reliable. I do however have an idea how to make it more useful, but I doubt they would take the idea serious

Edited by Zareek

As someone who use to "main" and really enjoy Ember I'll be the first to tell you that she was a very mediocre frame to begin with and her only saving grace was her amazing damage reduction. 

Why was she mediocre? All her damaging skills are the same thing, fire DoT and straight up worse versions of WoF at that and provide no utility whatsoever. Theres nothing creative or imaginative with her skills, they're all very basic and bland concepts except for WoF. Concepts that you can't do much with, and thus can't make very useful.

You don't want a frame centered entirely around damage abilities either. Damage abilities fall off, utility is king and is what makes a frame matter more past appearance later in the game. I don't even need to provide examples, just think of the frames that get used more often and why they get used. It'll be for the utility they bring to the table.

Shes a DPS frame with bad DPS, shes a frame thats suppose to specialize against the Infested, yet has absolutely no protection against them. Shes needed a complete overhaul for quite awhile.

Gonna end the post here, otherwise I'll go on for a bit and it'll be rather long. 

As someone who use to "main" and really enjoy Ember I'll be the first to tell you that she was a very mediocre frame to begin with and her only saving grace was her amazing damage reduction. 

Why was she mediocre? All her damaging skills are the same thing, fire DoT and straight up worse versions of WoF at that and provide no utility whatsoever. Theres nothing creative or imaginative with her skills, they're all very basic and bland concepts except for WoF. Concepts that you can't do much with, and thus can't make very useful.

You don't want a frame centered entirely around damage abilities either. Damage abilities fall off, utility is king and is what makes a frame matter more past appearance later in the game. I don't even need to provide examples, just think of the frames that get used more often and why they get used. It'll be for the utility they bring to the table.

Shes a DPS frame with bad DPS, shes a frame thats suppose to specialize against the Infested, yet has absolutely no protection against them. Shes needed a complete overhaul for quite awhile.

Gonna end the post here, otherwise I'll go on for a bit and it'll be rather long. 

Well I was having an idea about suggesting the 1st skill, to work on Fire Blast. Meaning that if you throw a fire blast, you could "feed" the fire with the 1st ability to make it last longer, or add damage to it. what do you think of that?