The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Rail Jack Fails..what can we do with the Drydock? GIANT SPACE MECHS THAT'S WHAT!!!

Okay so the co-op portion of a big battle platform like Rail Jack is on life support and now dojos across the board have this giant dry dock they all put a lot of effort into...

It doesn't just have to be for the Rail Jack...Everyone is asking for Solo options and you know what I see pop up on Twitter and these forums from time to time that gets a universal approval is giant Warframes....Well for a start De could introduce a giant mech suit or really a giant Warframe that makes an Evangelion fan scream I quit like the inner Shinji they know beats in their hearts...

We've all said Space Gundam when the Archwing first appeared...Perhaps that is more viable than expected...especially when the Eris Space map shows up and we have monsters like the Jordan Golem floating around.

I only suggest this becuase Rail Jack seems to be polarizing and it seems a waste that the Drydock can't house various other platforms that players from Co-Op to Solo can at least use to enjoy the Proximas if Rail Jack can't free itself from the same downward spiral arch wings are suffering....

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

Только что, Nehra96 сказал:

I will tell you what you can do! 

Stop playing the game for a fortnight. If everyone does it at the same time, we will be listened to. 

Making threads to throw mud at one another isn't gonna change anything at all.

Yep. All 200 of you. Boycott Warframe!

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

I will tell you what you can do! 

Stop playing the game for a fortnight. If everyone does it at the same time, we will be listened to. 

Making threads to throw mud at one another isn't gonna change anything at all.

You’re really sold on the idea that DE doesn’t listen to us, huh?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Okay so the co-op portion of a big battle platform like Rail Jack is on life support and now dojos across the board have this giant dry dock they all put a lot of effort into...

I only suggest this becuase Rail Jack seems to be polarizing and it seems a waste that the Drydock can't house various other platforms that players from Co-Op to Solo can at least use to enjoy the Proximas if Rail Jack can't free itself from the same downward spiral arch wings are suffering....

are you even checking the news about warframe?

Railjack gets its own Revised patch later and a corpus faction.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

It doesn't just have to be for the Rail Jack...Everyone is asking for Solo options and you know what I see pop up on Twitter and these forums from time to time that gets a universal approval is giant Warframes....Well for a start De could introduce a giant mech suit or really a giant Warframe that makes an Evangelion fan scream I quit like the inner Shinji they know beats in their hearts...

I think there should be some tutorial Railjack style missions for folks who have not completed their quest, and especially some things that better explain the organized chaos that goes on. Personally, I really enjoy the mix of the space/away missions for the RJ stuff, especially being a long time Wing Commander fan. A lot of the design and intention is what Star Citizen and other games have been trying to do, and overall, this is actually an interesting version to me.

The problem is if you haven't done them, RJ missions are not fun from the immediate start. Things like the Intrinsics are SUPER important and I've had to explain to a lot of folks who have done Scarlet Spear Murex missions especially, if you're earning them be sure you're SPENDING them on your skills. Stuff like unlocking the extra Gunnery 360 view, the reduced Omni time/use, and especially being able to teleport back to your RJ with the Engineer feat is CRITICALLY important. Also, unless you're running the actual Railjack missions, you're probably not getting the upgraded shields, engines, weapons, and reactors, and that's extra painful, particularly since the intro stuff is rather crappy. Avionics especially are very capped by the reactor size (basically mods for your RJ), so I would love to have a Forma type thing where we could offset some of the costs for more critical ones.

The concept is excellent, and the current gameplay is fun. It just needs a little more polishing to help get people more involved. Maybe have missions where the NPCs are doing different roles but the player is assigned specific jobs (Pilot, Engineer, Gunner, etc) during the mission. I know they vastly reduced the costs to build the Railjack also, so maybe some more incentives and reasons for players to finish theirs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Savire510 said:

are you even checking the news about warframe?

Railjack gets its own Revised patch later and a corpus faction.

Yeah but until its out and in the wild it will be alway this will save us, and then it doesn't...

The Space Battle Armor isn't going to save it either, but it would be fun to take out a glorious space mech every once in while where you could jump out of to board crewships and then repair it and get back to it have it seal itself around your Warframe and have it do everything the Rail Jack can do but in third person while your Gundam-frame obliterates the fighters and Ram Sleds are not an issue. 

At least then the Hangar has a purpose and so does the proximas for many a solo player who want to take down galleon captains and all the content...whereas Rail Jack is specifically enjoyable for Co-Op but you find yourself in empty missions...I don't like it anymore than anyone else does with Rail Jack, but giant Warframes has been a positive request that I've seen pop up time and time again where everyone was like yeah that sounds fun...

Anyways We'll see how the wind fares for RailJack...

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

You’re really sold on the idea that DE doesn’t listen to us, huh?

Lordy loo, I wouldn't #*!%ing listen to the forums if I was DE. Buncha crybabies that have never played an actually difficult game and have no real knowledge of design let alone #*!%ing math/statistics, sweet lawd cheesus. Thank gouda they are doing a real testing of railjack revised, I hope that goes well.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

Lordy loo, I wouldn't #*!%ing listen to the forums if I was DE. Buncha crybabies that have never played an actually difficult game and have no real knowledge of design let alone #*!%ing math/statistics, sweet lawd cheesus. Thank gouda they are doing a real testing of railjack revised, I hope that goes well.

Haha. I like your passion. +1 like to you

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

Ok 1st english

2nd, if you really think the forums users need 10 years of game design knowledge to criticize the bs warframe has put out then I wonder what your take on film criticism is.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Ok 1st english

2nd, if you really think the forums users need 10 years of game design knowledge to criticize the bs warframe has put out then I wonder what your take on film criticism is.

o noez u don't liek dat i useded a baaad wuuuurd?!

I think players of warframe need 0 seconds of game design experience or training to have opinions on what they are playing. I think anyone who is going to suggest they know better than DE should sure as #*!% have experience designing a game. All those people that say "make the AI smarter!" don't know how the hell to program an AI in the first place, for example. Tell DE HOW to make it smarter, not just "to do it."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_criticism

In general, film criticism can be divided into two categories: journalistic criticism which appears regularly in newspapers, magazines and other popular mass-media outlets; and academic criticism by film scholars who are informed by film theory and are published in academic journals. Academic film criticism rarely takes the form of a review; instead it is more likely to analyse the film and its place within the history of its genre, or the whole of film history.

Journalistic criticism is fine, anyone can have an opinion that they direct towards other consumers, that's the same as saying you like or don't like a feature DE has implemented. Academic criticism requires a foundation of expertise. Academic journals are peer reviewed and require expertise and demonstrated knowledge. If you're trying to tell DE what they should do rather than whether or not you just like a feature, then you better know what you're talking about otherwise you're just an ignorant loudmouth.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

I think players of warframe need 0 seconds of game design experience or training to have opinions on what they are playing. I think anyone who is going to suggest they know better than DE should sure as #*!% have experience designing a game. All those people that say "make the AI smarter!" don't know how the hell to program an AI in the first place, for example. Tell DE HOW to make it smarter, not just "to do it."

You really think that people HAVENT given examples of how to make them smarter?

And I don't recall anyone saying they know more than DE (which isnt saying much tbh) on these forums specifically.

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Quarky said:

Journalistic criticism is fine, anyone can have an opinion that they direct towards other consumers, that's the same as saying you like or don't like a feature DE has implemented. Academic criticism requires a foundation of expertise. Academic journals are peer reviewed and require expertise and demonstrated knowledge. If you're trying to tell DE what they should do rather than whether or not you just like a feature, then you better know what you're talking about otherwise you're just an ignorant loudmouth.

This is what you said 

51 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Lordy loo, I wouldn't #*!%ing listen to the forums if I was DE. Buncha crybabies that have never played an actually difficult game and have no real knowledge of design let alone #*!%ing math/statistics, sweet lawd cheesus. 

Doesn't matter what the vehicle is. If they add anything that isn't directly and intimately related to the core Warframe 3rd person shooter gameplay, then it isn't going to be worthwhile. And this is coming from someone that absolutely loves mecha in all forms, and wishes there were way more good mech games out there.

The problem with Railjack isn't the specific vehicle, its the fact that it isn't Warframe. It doesn't control the same, it doesn't use the same mechanics, it doesn't share the same loot, etc. Simply replacing Railjacks with space mecha will still have those same problems.

I am curious to see what changes this "Railjack Revisited" will bring, but I am not very hopeful. And I know it won't be mechs...

1 hour ago, Teljaxx said:

Doesn't matter what the vehicle is. If they add anything that isn't directly and intimately related to the core Warframe 3rd person shooter gameplay, then it isn't going to be worthwhile. And this is coming from someone that absolutely loves mecha in all forms, and wishes there were way more good mech games out there.

The problem with Railjack isn't the specific vehicle, its the fact that it isn't Warframe. It doesn't control the same, it doesn't use the same mechanics, it doesn't share the same loot, etc. Simply replacing Railjacks with space mecha will still have those same problems.

I am curious to see what changes this "Railjack Revisited" will bring, but I am not very hopeful. And I know it won't be mechs...

I imagine RJ Revisited is just going to change the Status Types to our normal Status Types, buff up Archwing, maybe change how Archguns and Archmelee work. Maybe making it so Objectives don't force you to do extra steps if it's just you Soloing.

At least that's what I'm hoping for.

On the topic of mechs though, I'd see a totally logical reason to bring them into the game. Eris' Open World. Can't exactly have too many regular Grineer and Corpus walking around on a floor that can literally eat them alive.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

il y a 42 minutes, Aldain a dit :

How about we just make Railjack better rather than hastily trying to replace it?

I'm sure 90% of the rj haters don't know half of the rj content. By that I mean the gameplay possibilities. How many of them know about the tactical view or the fast travel for exemple? This game mode is far from perfect but it can be realy interesting and engaging. It's more or less like the rest of the game, It all depend on how you play it.

But how can we expect to have some useful feedbacks when the only thing we see are complains based on the 2 or 3 first missions gameplay? Most of the time what we read is "I tried, it's S#&$, I quit". 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HexOmega111x said:

complains based on the 2 or 3 first missions gameplay?

To be fair, Railjack doesn't really leave a good initial impression.

First impressions are important and a lack of tutorials with a super weak super slow starter Railjack would leave a bad taste in people's mouths.

That's why they need to make things better, fix the points of contention that are making people quit before they even start like I said.

il y a 11 minutes, Aldain a dit :

To be fair, Railjack doesn't really leave a good initial impression.

First impressions are important and a lack of tutorials with a super weak super slow starter Railjack would leave a bad taste in people's mouths.

That's why they need to make things better, fix the points of contention that are making people quit before they even start like I said.

I agree 100% with that. I realized pretty fast that if I wanted to enjoy rj, the only way was to farm mods or anything useful in co-op with someone else's rj.

It doesn't change the fact that people are talking about something they don't know. And that's where you initial comment was right on. Rj is not bad, no need to remove it, just make it better but people will have to put more goodwill into it. 

Edited by HexOmega111x
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Nehra96 said:

I haven't played for a week but its got nothing to do with DE and what they may or may not have done regarding anything and i certainly wouldn't stop just because some nut on a game forum wanted me to. Would very much like to play again but for now its best if i don't.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (NSW)Quarky:

That's a quite ironic statement given that the last few patches have shown us that DE clearly doesn't have anyone who does math or statistics of their designs. Just look at the railjack engines.

14 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

That's a quite ironic statement given that the last few patches have shown us that DE clearly doesn't have anyone who does math or statistics of their designs. Just look at the railjack engines.

Please. If you want to talk about distance/speed in RJ then you have to suspend your disbelief. 8km distance in space is literally nothing. The estimated average distance between asteroids in the asteroid belt is about 966,000km which I found with a quick google search. Do you seriously want to play with those numbers? LOL MY RAILJACK MOVES AT 24,150,000 M/S WHEN I'M BOOSTING ZOOM ZOOM WEEEEE!!

Spoiler

966000km / 8km = 120750

Sigma mk iii engine boost speed = 200 m/s

200 m/s * 120750 = 24150000 m/s

This isn't even an accurate conversion as asteroids are not even close to 8km apart in RJ missions, that's more like initial objective distance.

DE did RJ speed fine, that math seems consistent to me, just not realistic.

Now if you want to talk about revised shotgun status chances and how binomial probability distributions work, that's another story.

• Like 1