The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kiosk of charity

mishaaka007

Recently, I had an idea that we should add to the game so-called "Kiosks of charity".
High-ranked players always have parts of warframes that they no longer needed. We have a bunch parts of Harrow, Ivara, Nidus and etc. What if we can pass them on to other players? As example to low-ranked players who really need them. Rewards are not required, I just want to help some people (like a few my low-ranked friends) to get desirable warframes)

There are so many potential complications to this.

Let's look at why we can't give resources to new players: If new players get the expectation that they can get it from others, they have no reason to farm. There would be tons of players waiting around for us to just load them up, and never farm.. meaning, they wouldn't start off playing the game. Same with the frame parts.. if they have no reason to earn the parts, they have no reason to play. There's be lines of people backing up on long term players, demanding their expected share of a whole game's worth of resources in short order. What would stop people from taking those items to sell off wholesale? Would we cap it by MR, and encourage more mule accounts to be made? Is there any way to be sure it gets to the people who you intend it to get to.. and furthermore.. how much of a negative impact would this have on DE, when players no longer engage with the game to get ahead? Same kind of concept behind why an auction house was a detriment to Diablo 3.. it was so effective at giving people what they wanted, that they were done with the game in record time and quit playing.

• Like 1

Warframe works on Kill mob-get loot-use loot-kill mob loop. If the kiosk of charity removes the kill mob part of the loop then there's no point in engaging with the core gameplay. Few clannies and friends bought big plat bundle and then suffered from "I can get whatever I want now, what is the point of all this then" syndrome and stopped playing the game. Of course they couldn't get everything with 4k plat but what matters is that they felt they could and that robbed them of the motivation to engage with the game. One clannie sold a riven for 1.3k plat and couldn't figure out what to spend it on and since left the game lol. I've made easily 6k+ plat through trading and such but I've never lost motivation because that 6k+ plat came in small amounts of 250-300p and so. I spent most of my plat on gifts/deluxe bundles/accessories and I still need more plat to get stuff I want. What can work is a plat/item injection in intervals over time, just to help lessen the grind a bit.New players get warframe slots or equivalent platinum, mid lvl ones get primes/catalysts/weapons slots, veterans get forma but in limited amounts just as a little help with the grind. Nightwave already works as a system like that to a degree that requires engagement with the game.

Ehh… Not a bad idea in concept, but with that being said, it's a bad idea in practice. Chances are, all of the parts that people want to get rid of are rather common (anyone else have dozens of Oberon parts, or Harrow Chassis?), making it sort of redundant, as you need to deliberately go after X part to obtain it, and so you likely won't have extra. If you want to help them get new frames, I'd recommend radsharing or helping them grind the parts. Giving stuff out for free removes the need for loot, and removing the need for loot removes the need for missions. Removing the need for missions will remove the random chance of finding another item for you to grind and optimize for.

• Like 1