Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma And Multiple Loadouts

Superdoo

I think there should be an option to polarize one of our warframe  loadouts individually instead of all three.  It would promote using different play styles.  People will be more willing to try different mods. It would keep the experience fresh and interesting.  

It would also give players more motivation to use an aura besides energy syphon because they aren't just locked into one polarity whenever they use a frame. Having multiple loadouts without the ability to customize them takes away from the experience for me.  What do you guys think?

Edited by Superdoo

It's not gonna happen, but still +1. I would love this.

Why wouldn't it work out? I actually like this suggestion as it promotes more diversity and variety in frames. I would actually find this useful and it gives people who have tonne of time and resources to actually perfect their frames or weapons for different situations.

Erm, I wouldn't like it, unless you polarize every slot you still have room for decent customization and frankly I don't think I could afford using 3 times as much forma as I already do.

You wouldn't have to. That's why I said it should be an option.  you could still forma every loadout at the same time if you wanted to just like it already does.  But if someone only wants to polarize 1 loadout and leave the other two the way they are they still could.  That way everybody gets what they want without having to change something they don't want to.

A way this could work: When you forma a frame or a weapon, you can select if you want to forma all three loadouts at once or each one individually. So for a frame, you could select to forma the Aura slot for each loadout individually, but keep all other slots the same. But having to use 3 Forma (1 for each loadout) ... no, no way.

I think it's a good idea as long as it's optional. It would create more customization options for those who want very different builds, especially for frames where you might want to polarize a skill slot on one build but keep it for another.

A way this could work: When you forma a frame or a weapon, you can select if you want to forma all three loadouts at once or each one individually. So for a frame, you could select to forma the Aura slot for each loadout individually, but keep all other slots the same. But having to use 3 Forma (1 for each loadout) ... no, no way.

^^^^^^^ 100% yes.

That's what I was thinking.  They really wouldn't have to change much from what it is now. Just add another option to not include the other 2 loadouts.  The only time you would need 3 forma is if you want every slot to be different.  It's all about giving us more of a choice of diversity. Anyone that chooses not to can just use forma the same way they always have.  I just think having multiple loadouts doesn't live up to it's fullest potential as long as everything isn't customizable if we want it to be.  With the addition of all these new mods it would be helpful.

That's what I was thinking.

No, it isn't. What I'm talking about:

- you use a Forma

- you get the usual screen, where you can polarize one slot for all loadouts ABC

- below that, you have a button to divide that one loadout into three seperate ones, A B C

- now you can select one slot and give it a different polarization for each of these three loadouts, say V for A, D for B, - for C (or you decide to leave it blank in one loadout)

Edited by Bibliothekar

No, it isn't. What I'm talking about:

- you use a Forma

- you get the usual screen, where you can polarize one slot for all loadouts ABC

- below that, you have a button to divide that one loadout into three seperate ones, A B C

- now you can select one slot and give it a different polarization for each of these three loadouts, say V for A, D for B, - for C (or you decide to leave it blank in one loadout)

So you  want to use the same forma to change all three at the same time instead of one forma for each individual loadout. That is better. That way you don't have to use so many. 

Edited by Superdoo

So you  want to use the same forma to change all three at the same time instead of one forma for each individual loadout. That is better. That way you don't have to use so many. 

That'd make it ridiculous, I prefer your original suggestion.

That'd make it ridiculous, I prefer your original suggestion.

I don't think it's ridiculous.  I just don't think DE would go for it.  It would kinda be like using the same forma three times which is good for us but I can see them saying that it would be too easy.  I don't think they would let us customize each slot unless we had to sacrifice something.  Which in this case it would be more forma for more customization.   That is why I suggested one slot at a time.  It's just seems like something they'd be more wiling to implement. The fact that we have to re-level our warframe every time we use a forma kinda proves that.

Why wouldn't it work out? I actually like this suggestion as it promotes more diversity and variety in frames. I would actually find this useful and it gives people who have tonne of time and resources to actually perfect their frames or weapons for different situations.

I don't think DE will do that because with all loadouts you will surely want to use a V polarity for damage mod or Split Chamber and it would require 3 formas for all loadouts instead of 1 which it needs now. So if someone formaed his weapon before this, he would have a bit of an advantage. New players would argue with this.

I don't think DE will do that because with all loadouts you will surely want to use a V polarity for damage mod or Split Chamber and it would require 3 formas for all loadouts instead of 1 which it needs now. So if someone formaed his weapon before this, he would have a bit of an advantage. New players would argue with this.

My original suggestion wasn't including the weapons. It was just for the warframes.  But since you brought it up I think the same system could apply to weapon loadouts.  You would still only need 1 forma to make the same change to three loadouts.  The same as it is now.  What I'm suggesting is that we add to the current system.  Not change it. I think there should be some way of changing one loadout without changing the other two. I don't think it should be mandatory but something we can choose to do if we're willing to invest more forma into the warframe (or weapon).

I don't see why new players would have a problem with this.  They would have the same opportunity as everyone else to customized as much or as little as they would like.

Edited by Superdoo

My original suggestion wasn't including the weapons. It was just for the warframes.  But since you brought it up I think the same system could apply to weapon loadouts.  You would still only need 1 forma to make the same change to three loadouts.  The same as it is now.  What I'm suggesting is that we add to the current system.  Not change it. I think there should be some way of changing one loadout without changing the other two. I don't think it should be mandatory but something we can choose to do if we're willing to invest more forma into the warframe (or weapon).

I don't see why new players would have a problem with this.  They would have the same opportunity as everyone else to customized as much or as little as they would like.

Ok, sure but the only real benefit I can see of this is having a V, D and - Aura polarity because with the right aura polarity you can max out all but a few builds on any 'frame. Aside from the ability to switch auras I don't think it really adds much customization.

Ok, sure but the only real benefit I can see of this is having a V, D and - Aura polarity because with the right aura polarity you can max out all but a few builds on any 'frame. Aside from the ability to switch auras I don't think it really adds much customization.

Maybe, but even those changes would be much more convenient with the addition to the system I'm proposing. It's also important to remember that they are constantly adding new mods.  As they continue to do so customization is going to play an even bigger role in the game.