Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Working From Home: Devstreams

[DE]Rebecca

16 minutes ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

The new enemies are significantly easier to kill because they reduced their HP,we only asked for a armor adjustment,never to make the enemies pathethic and easy to kill with a Mk1-Braton. The new enemies are entirely easy to kill and it takes any difficulty away from the game,they should leave the armor changes but revert anything else back to how it was

Whilst I can't necessarily disagree that enemies are fragile, consider that before, Grineer and the rest of the game (or, more accurately, Armour vs not armour) were basically on different scales. This, among a wide variety of other things, made it substantially harder to make the game, because they couldn't balance, well... anything. Consider how you might balance a player character for both Final Fantasy 7 and Paper Mario at the same time - you can't. And balancing is indeed needed if DE want's challenge to be anything other than bullet sponges.

Simply put - bringing the durability of Corpus and the durability of Grineer closer together was paramount (and, honestly, still kind of is), because DE can't make things harder until they fixed everything.

In so many words, it needs to get easier before it gets harder. And that's not to say that you shouldn't keep asking DE to make more challenging content, but a revert isn't going to help.

2 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I dont know if there will be questions from this thread answered but lets try anyway: Why were the aoe weapons that didnt have self damage nerfed with damage falloff and stagger?

Scott answered this in his Quiet Shy interview. They wanted all AOE weapons to be baselined to use the same mechanics. He goes into a bit more detail so you may want to check that out if you are curious.

vor 1 Minute schrieb xRufus7x:

Scott answered this in his Quiet Shy interview. They wanted all AOE weapons to be baselined to use the same mechanics. He goes into a bit more detail so you may want to check that out if you are curious.

Oh, must have missed that. Unfortunately that just nerfed a lot of weapons that were already weak. They really went overboard with it and it will likely not get looked at for another 2 years or something.

Titania Prime is to remain half finished as is?

Ok the objective difficulties due to the current situation but damn... it's 4 times in a row that you guys just do "cosmetic touchups" and what should have been "day 1 hotfixes" and then leave her to vegetate... she still got visual and practical issues that after all this time should have been solved:

Razorwing skirt wings look bad and/or incomplete: they are missing articulation and the energy effects used in her razorflies: each "wing" is clearly made of

multiple parts, meant to spread open  with the void area each part filled with the same effect of her razorflies.

Energy trail starting from Titania's lover back looks chap as well and incongruent... should be two trails, one per wing

Deluxe skin is clearly superior: each section of the skirt opens for razorwing and has a gorgeous energy effect on the inside.

Razorwing emissive wings are cute but aren't togglable and can be quite a visual nuisance based on energy color, and make skirt wings look even worse

Solved due to extra wings disappearing when aiming in Razorwing

Color channels separation:  her primary color channel covers nearly 80% of her frame texture, too little color separation hamstrings customization;

Gold accents/metallics on the body are mainly on the docked razorflies,with overall less metallic areas than basic Titania;

Things improve a bit with the solstice skin: it adds metallic areas on her secondary channel, and more emissive areas on the body...

Still, having to resort to a different skin for better color separation and customization on a new prime is to say the least embarassing.

Razorflies wing color is dependant on energy instead of emissive, it forces to choose between fashion and powers visibility: colors that would be good for visibility

on tribute are bad on her armour and viceversa;

Armour accessories: Most chest armors fit badly and clash with her look, due to getting grotesquely upscaled, only edo prime "grill" looks half decent. (to me)

Arm accessories conflict with her shoulder guards, most pieces leave a gap or clip with the shoulders;

Legs accessories with pieces that cover the front won't look good due to not being properly scaled for her thin legs;

Left Nidina leg plates look particularly bad with their upper leg plate stuck awkardly on the front side skirt.

Siandana: many have noticeable clipping and/or phisics issues with titania prime, currently Uru siandana remains flopping down while in razorwing at any speed,

due to a bug that pins it under the roots of Titania's archwing;

"Walking" noble animation looks incomplete: it's evidently repurpuosed from wisp's with less hips swinging, "feels" and looks stiff as if lacking animation frames here

and there and the fact that her skirt wings don't do anything, don't open, don't spread, it really needs refining.

Dash, rolling and other maneuvers look bad due to switching back to standard walking animations

Exalted weapons: Diwata prime is visually nearly identical to the standard one while Dex Pixia prime simply lost the side "flanges" of the standard version...

We don't have the option to use her standard skins or the deluxe skins. (or at least didn't find it...)

Diwata prime looks horrid in Razorwing when tucked under the wing, due to being disproportionately big compared to the wing itself

Razorwing melee currently targets enemy anckles, stunning Titania with ground collisions and generally missing the attack!

No stat improvements from vanilla Titania's weapons... I would have expected something more here as is the norm for primed weapons!,

Still no access to Acolite mods, Set mods don't work, no exilus slot or kuwa weapon-like extra capacity, no additional effects/mecanics.

Prime Helmet: this is were DE artists really nailed things, compared to her standard one this is much more interesting!

Powers rework:  so far we got 3 separate passes with a few quality of life improvements that should have been there when the Silver Grove was introduced.

Still feeling something is missing and that Lantern being a separate slot from Spellbind its a waste while razorflies need pet  mechanics

Lantern while finally functional could have been made into a combined function of spellbind and tribute freeing up a power slot.

Tribute now has 1 buff and 1 debuff relevant but all effects are still completely unmoddable, and why entangle doesn't affect all enemy actions?

Tribute "souls" have no actual use in game except making the buffs more annoying to use: they could be the focus for lantern using spelbind on them

Casting a tribute on a lantern could add its effect to it similar to placing Wisps' buffs (expanding Titania's limited area of influence)

Razorflies could be separated from razorwing and become their own slot, with behaviour controlled similarly to Venari and/or Celestial Twin.

Casting razorflies on a spellbound enemy or a tribute could become the new way to recreate the current lantern, adding synergies in her kit.

Razorwing could benefit from improved stealth when not attacking: currently using it in spy or stealth missions is impossible due to razorflies interference

and makes poor sense that enemies home in on someting 10 cm tall more than a full sized archwing or frame;

Also it would be time to "fix" the inability of razorwing of interacting with consoles, downed allies, doing parazon finishers etc

Lastly Razorwing controls prevent from doing loops or going bejond 90° upwards or downwards turning traking enemies and certain maneuvers awkard

Exalted weapons feel no better than regular weapons due to lacking access to acolite mods, exilus slot, arcanes, kuva weapons extra modding capacity...

Dex Pixia could really benefit from better innate fire rate or critical rate while its prime version really deserves improvements even if its magazine capacity!

Diwata lacks the ability of hitting multiple targets or to stun lock single targets, let it lock to headshot ... its so umpractical even razorflies do better

and it still currently targets enemy anckles, stunning Titania with ground faceplants!

Honestly waited for her prime and what was delivered feels underwhelming, her deluxe skin seems done at an higher standard, altough it was necessary a public outcry to get her razorwings animated... current difficulties are more than understandable but...

I only have a few of points I really want to mention:

• Its been a while since there was any real talk about Pets 2.0.
  • Machete seems to be really hard to intentionally obtain, as its only gotten through login rewards at random.
  • Is Scarlet Spear going to be a recurring event, like Plague Star?
  • Could we get the Mastery from completing missions adjusted so that its more consistent, and adds up to a nice round number?

Good.

Devstreams have become too high production, too commercialized. Too focused on hype and TennoGen rather than the actual content the devs have been working hard on. Devstreams going back to a more informal, conversational format is better for the community, and for the devs.

Hopefully the recent controversy within the community will also be addressed, and not skirted around. Transparency and open conversation is what the community needs right now.

That being said, I cant wait to see more behind the scenes work and hear about the struggles the devs have been going through lately.

You said you were going to adress the current state of the game, I don't want to just hear "last updates have been bad, we're sorry of how they turned out and we'll do better" cause that doesn't give me any type of hope for the future. I'd be very happy to hear something along the lines of:

Most of our playerbase clearly does not enjoy this type of content, we'll stick to   *   for some months as many of you said you would like to see more of it and will probably enjoy it more.

* Raids, improving rewards on endless missions, a new eidolon you name it. But I want to know what concrete ideas you have for the future so everybody can know it 's something they'll be happy with.

Also I'd like you to acknowledge videos like rahetalius's, sabuuchi quitting etc. I know it's hard and you may be hurt by some of their comments but I'm not asking you to agree with them and say that they were right, just acknowledge it's existance and say even though we disaprove of their tone and did not like it at all, lots of you seem to be concerned about the issues they're presenting so we'll keep that in mind. That would mean so much to me and may other people.

I imagine it won't be an easy devstream so I wish everything goes well, see you tomorrow.

Will something ever be done about the state of Prime Access?

You guys said a while back you were planning on doing something with the Prime Accessories Boosters but I also think Prime Access as a whole needs a small touch up and revisit.

I think Prime Access needs more flair to it because with these newer Prime Access like Titania the Primes look like Primes. They aren't super over the top and jaw dropping like Mesa Prime's design. Prime Accessories also need something more. For $50 I think we should be getting Accessories that are truly Prime and not just fancy Tennogen labled as Prime. For $50 dollars we should be getting at least 3 top of the line Accessories that have cool channeling effects or moving parts. You know? Something that makes them Prime and sets them apart from everything else.

With just a smaller amount of effort and just a tad bit more generousity with the accessory packs I think sales would go up a lot more. Does it really hurt to throw in a 3rd accessory and make the accessories more quality? I seriously don't think it could do any harm anywhere and considering Prime Access is one of your only sources of income it would be wise to make sure you pour your heart and soul into them making sure they are the best of quality. I know Prime Access is for support but sometimes it's hard to justify the money for what you get.

I've been noticing a steady drop in Prime Model texture quality as well that i think needs to be addressed as well (Wukong, Atlas, Ivara, and now Titania Prime suffer from texture compression.

ALSO,

Will Titania Prime receive more Prime details if not a complete makeover? I feel she is really bland looking and needs more to her. Her deluxe should not look better than the Prime, especially for a Prime made in 2020 and not 2013. I was just expecting a glorious fairy Princess with intricate gold detailing all over her with a beautiful gold tiara or something but instead we got something that resembles a plastic action figure with 1 color channel dominating 80% of the skin. This is the first Prime Access I have not bought and will continue if the quality doesn't improve.

She is also effected by texture compression and needs some touch ups in that manner as well. 

Thanks for listening DE, you guys truly are the best... most of the time, when you listen.

I have several questions.

Spoiler

1: Armour scaling was successful, but has rendered a lot of weapons feeling incredibly weak even when properly modded (Tigris Prime and most shotguns are prime examples of this) due to how (elemental) damage got reworked, which has led to a new meta of damage types, and a lack of choice due to enemy weaknesses meaning nothing when the weapon doesn't hurt.

For the record, enemies I tend to face include Liches, Exo/Veil enemies, and other high-level things like the Demolition units. To me, the only weapons that held true are melee; primaries and sidearms could do with more mods that play with scaling factors, like how melee has Condition Overload, to make them actually stand strong. 

According to some people (cue exaggeration based on uninformed estimation for effect), even the MK1-Braton is outperforming weapons like Shedu, Strun Wraith, and Tigris Prime.

2: Will Chroma get a revisit or rework to his abilities? They're looking a bit lacking compared to what every other Warframe has and in the long-term don't help him survive, even when he's kitted with the full Umbral mod set on his Prime.

3: Sentient quad-'mech' and dropship were shown years ago, and the dropship only recently was accidentally shown ingame; when will the Shedu/armgun-toting quadruped appear?

4: Considering the content droughts we face on a relatively frequent basis, will there be any consideration in looking for Tenno who're willing to lend their skills to help improve the quantity/quality of content (namely, lore, Prime trailers, more Captura features, maybe even custom story missions in the future?) or anything leaning into this notion?

5: Certain events or story-relevant alerts are expected to never return, can we see them reformatted into Quests that help establish the world we are to make whole?

6: Alerts and Nightwave - can we have the old Alerts back, or have the Nightwave vendor/credits be made a universal Nightwave/Alert-related currency, with Alerts serving as a source for the currency when a Nightwave isn't running, so that newer Tenno aren't progress-stopped by having to learn how to Trade for than Orokin Catalyst/Reactor they need to make their favourite builds good enough to progress the story? Implementing this would save you time in creating more Intermissions and allow you to replace the many credit slots on the 'rep bar' with something else - like more cosmetics.

7: Ever since PBR, many items - like Stalker's entire arsenal, have still not been given their visual overhaul.

8: Burston and Latron Prime look old and deserve the same treatment Burston got.

9: Some weapon stances still feel clunky and strange - the most glaring outlier of these to me is Wise Razor with the absurdly slow, cumbersome but cool twirl being used at the start of a melee attack, causing you to miss your target half the time or forcing you to walk into your enemy to use the swipe attacks which actually hit the target more reliably. The other would be the hammer stance(s) that have a rush-spin attack not going as fast as enemies that use the same attack move.

10: Ballas' dialogue to me implied there would be other Umbras. Will we get Volt and Mag Umbra at some point in the future?

11: Will there ever be a way, other than Trading or giveaways/lotteries/raffles, to obtain Platinum? Currently a lot of slots cost platinum to obtain, and a lot of newer players may have made the mistake of buying a [thing] only to realize it wasn't what they wanted or was a waste of plat that they were meant to spend on slots? Another way to say this is: will we see login rewards that give us, say, a cupon for a set of cosmetic armour or colour palette?

12: Can we hear the status of whatever equivalent of cross-platform progression transfer system is being worked on? I want to be able to visit other platform(s) without having to start all over.

13: What happened to modular primaries and that melee-oriented Moa? I was planning to make a primary kitgun, and instead the basic Moa legs are now using the new Moa leg model. 
I would also still very much like to see more robotic companions, as I personally prefer the normal Moa design over the Fortuna/Tenno variant(s) - Raptors, Bursas, Hyenas (with Raptor/Bursa heads) of our own, for examples. We've seen how Alad makes Zanukas; why can't we make our own?

52 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

-snip-

I'm so glad someone else brought this up. Titania Prime Access is the first Prime Access I haven't bought. She feels half baked. I mean, Dex Pixia Prime is literally the same skin as default but with the side bits hacked off and the colors changed. Primes are supposed to have more, not less. Not to mention she also has low resolution texture problems just like a lot of newer Primes. 

I'm not sure if it's pure laziness or if there is something holding back the art team from going way over the top with Primes and Prime Accessories because we stopped getting Prime armor channeling and the newer Primes just look Primed and not Jaw dropping like Mesa.

And about that Syandana. How did they only realize after making it that it wouldn't work on her? That accessory pack is such a massive waste of money it's not even funny. The syandana is mediocre tennogen quality at best.

1 hour ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

Can we get old enemies back? new ones are kind of pathethic

BRUH NO, the reason DE did this is to allow us variety again. Just because you happen to have a really good weapon and build you like to use doesn't mean the rest of us want to be forced into using it since it's one of the only viable options.

1 hour ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

Can we get old enemies back? new ones are kind of pathethic

The old ones emphasized armor stripping. It is much better now, but the players are still massively overpowered, I am all for making things harder but switching things back will not fix the problem.

48 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

I have several questions.

Hide contents

1: Armour scaling was successful, but has rendered a lot of weapons feeling incredibly weak even when properly modded (Tigris Prime and most shotguns are prime examples of this) due to how (elemental) damage got reworked, which has led to a new meta of damage types, and a lack of choice due to enemy weaknesses meaning nothing when the weapon doesn't hurt.

For the record, enemies I tend to face include Liches, Exo/Veil enemies, and other high-level things like the Demolition units. To me, the only weapons that held true are melee; primaries and sidearms could do with more mods that play with scaling factors, like how melee has Condition Overload, to make them actually stand strong. 

According to some people (cue exaggeration based on uninformed estimation for effect), even the MK1-Braton is outperforming weapons like Shedu, Strun Wraith, and Tigris Prime.

2: Will Chroma get a revisit or rework to his abilities? They're looking a bit lacking compared to what every other Warframe has and in the long-term don't help him survive, even when he's kitted with the full Umbral mod set on his Prime.

3: Sentient quad-'mech' and dropship were shown years ago, and the dropship only recently was accidentally shown ingame; when will the Shedu/armgun-toting quadruped appear?

4: Considering the content droughts we face on a relatively frequent basis, will there be any consideration in looking for Tenno who're willing to lend their skills to help improve the quantity/quality of content (namely, lore, Prime trailers, more Captura features, maybe even custom story missions in the future?) or anything leaning into this notion?

5: Certain events or story-relevant alerts are expected to never return, can we see them reformatted into Quests that help establish the world we are to make whole?

6: Alerts and Nightwave - can we have the old Alerts back, or have the Nightwave vendor/credits be made a universal Nightwave/Alert-related currency, with Alerts serving as a source for the currency when a Nightwave isn't running, so that newer Tenno aren't progress-stopped by having to learn how to Trade for than Orokin Catalyst/Reactor they need to make their favourite builds good enough to progress the story? Implementing this would save you time in creating more Intermissions and allow you to replace the many credit slots on the 'rep bar' with something else - like more cosmetics.

7: Ever since PBR, many items - like Stalker's entire arsenal, have still not been given their visual overhaul.

8: Burston and Latron Prime look old and deserve the same treatment Burston got.

9: Some weapon stances still feel clunky and strange - the most glaring outlier of these to me is Wise Razor with the absurdly slow, cumbersome but cool twirl being used at the start of a melee attack, causing you to miss your target half the time or forcing you to walk into your enemy to use the swipe attacks which actually hit the target more reliably. The other would be the hammer stance(s) that have a rush-spin attack not going as fast as enemies that use the same attack move.

10: Ballas' dialogue to me implied there would be other Umbras. Will we get Volt and Mag Umbra at some point in the future?

11: Will there ever be a way, other than Trading or giveaways/lotteries/raffles, to obtain Platinum? Currently a lot of slots cost platinum to obtain, and a lot of newer players may have made the mistake of buying a [thing] only to realize it wasn't what they wanted or was a waste of plat that they were meant to spend on slots? Another way to say this is: will we see login rewards that give us, say, a cupon for a set of cosmetic armour or colour palette?

12: Can we hear the status of whatever equivalent of cross-platform progression transfer system is being worked on? I want to be able to visit other platform(s) without having to start all over.

13: What happened to modular primaries and that melee-oriented Moa? I was planning to make a primary kitgun, and instead the basic Moa legs are now using the new Moa leg model. 
I would also still very much like to see more robotic companions, as I personally prefer the normal Moa design over the Fortuna/Tenno variant(s) - Raptors, Bursas, Hyenas (with Raptor/Bursa heads) of our own, for examples. We've seen how Alad makes Zanukas; why can't we make our own?

Thank you for pointing alerts out, I wish them revisited and back again. Also you forgot frost prime, his skin is WAAAAAAAY too old, while weapons look fine frost is just hideous

18 minutes ago, Malaki_7 said:

The old ones emphasized armor stripping. It is much better now, but the players are still massively overpowered, I am all for making things harder but switching things back will not fix the problem.

I like using enemy radar on most of my frames now. I don't want to change back to corrosive projection only on every warframe again. 

1 hour ago, xRufus7x said:

1. Are we ever going to get custom primary and secondary weapon positioning like Melee currently has?

2. Can we get the option to add sugatras to primary and secondary weapons?

3. Any update on the Proto weapon skins that we saw a long time ago?

4. Several skins and armor sets have mismatched color channels. Do you guys plan on doing a review for this to at least make the metallic slots consistent or give us the option to color individual armor pieces and helmets separately?

5. Please let us use Excal Prime's helmet/skin on Excal Umbra.

6. Updates on Melee 3.0/rage mode?

7. When are the changes to pets coming to remove stasis? It is still a big hindrance to using them.

8. Can you please stop disabling certain face gear when using certain head gear on operators? From what I have seen people were way less concerned with the clipping than their ability to customize their operators.

9. Any chance we will get the option to swap out exalted weapon models for their standard/prime/umbra appearances.

10. Is the loadout UI going to be overhauled to show everything that should be loadout specific(Archwings, their weapons, archwing guns for ground combat, operator arcanes and amps?

11. Are we ever going to get a focus dump? Once you max the schools there is nothing to do with accumulated focus.

12. Can we get more Loadout and Riven slots or possibly just uncap them and let us buy as many as we want?

13. Now that thrown weapons have a comfortable timed recall, are we ever going to get the Arcata added to PVE?

14. Can we get mod capacity removed while in the simulacrum so we can properly test builds before applying Forma?

15. Now that status immunity has been removed from Liches, is there an ETA on removing it from other enemy types? Making enemies completely status immune removes a large chunk of the arsenal.

16. There are several items that are still exclusive to the chinese version of Warframe, including the Cadus, a chinese exclusive staff weapon. When can we expect these to be added to the global build?

17. What ever happened to Steve's "Alchemy" system that was supposed to use the infested room?

18. Any chance that we will get additional hotkeys on PC? Would be nice to be able to hotkey several orbiter functions like decorating or going to the foundry rather then going through menus.

19. WIll the acolyte and Plague Star ever become naturally reoccurring events like Razorback and the Formorian?

20. Now that they have been nerfed can we get access to the acolyte mods on Exalted weapons?

21. Can a system be added to use excess dirac to bump up Railjack rolls for an increased cost every time we use it? This would retain the value of good rolls but allow people to make steady progress should RNG not be on their side.

22. You recently allowed us to buy up to three additional cosmetic and mod loadouts but it wasn't added to operators. When can we expect them to get that feature as well?

23. Rather then rewarding mission rewards at the end of a railjack mission, can we get them awarded per objective completed like bounties? This would make the 4 stage missions more rewarding and getting rewards spaced out rather then in one lump just feels better IMO.

24. There are several PVP exclusive warframe augments that could be useful in PVE. Any chance these mods will get added to PVE?

25. The prime trailers had interesting lore bits in them. Can we get their scripts added to the prime warframe's codex entries. It would add flavor to their pretty bland text now and bring them in line with other frames that got entries like that like Excal, Rhino, Ember and Mag.

26. Kdrives are a cool toy to play around with for a bit but have no home in the actual game beyond temporary status immunity when eidelon hunting. Are they going to ever get a look to increase their utility? Giving them defensive functions when you are not on them like AOE  buffs or barriers tat appear at the location of dismount or even something as simple as being able to fish while on them would go a long way.

27. While we are at it, can we get custom keybinds for kdrives. Several of them are shared with standard keybinds.

28. Design council is pretty pointless right now, with it basically being used to vote on a few minor things per year. Any thoughts on making it more worthwhile/engaging and/or opening up access.

29. There are a number of useless mods in the game right now. Things like Warm Coat are basically just clutter in the mod system and rarely get looked at unless they happen to be tied to some sort of major overhaul like the status changes. Is there any plans to do a wider overhaul of the mods that get no usage.Perhaps you could even provide a list of mods to the design council and have them come up with ideas for them, or open that up to the whole community a few mods at a time.

Dude, at least stop until the end of the quarantine, they already have planty of stuff they are working with limited hardware. Have some respect.

Archived