Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hobble Slow Down Effect Is Unbearably Too Much!

H0PE

Slide dash, helicopter, or use speed up skills. I use hobble every time and it's fine.

If a full two-thirds of your methods are basically exploits that circumvent the whole point of the key's debuff, it's kinda hard to call it fine... to the contrary, it just further demonstrates what's wrong with it.

Slide dash, helicopter, or use speed up skills. I use hobble every time and it's fine.

If a full two-thirds of your methods are basically exploits that circumvent the whole point of the key's debuff, it's kinda hard to call it fine... to the contrary, it just further demonstrates what's wrong with it.

Um actually one-third.  Slide dash is a skill, and can compare it to rhino dash.   Speed up skills are meant to make you go faster.

The Helicopter method i don't see as an exploit.   When we do that slide melee, especially if you swing something heavy.  the weight and momentum of the item should help to propel you forward.   Least thats how I see it

If a full two-thirds of your methods are basically exploits that circumvent the whole point of the key's debuff, it's kinda hard to call it fine... to the contrary, it just further demonstrates what's wrong with it.

Exploiting, by definition of the term, the beneficial aspects of mechanics of a game is not exploiting, as the colloquial term used in gaming communities.

Did you watch warframe prime time last night? DERebecca and DE_Megan essentially said "I'm really glad we can still slide dash." It was set up intentionally so that competent players could still keep up and those who can't figure out how to do anything but hold shift get left on the dust.

L2P or get left behind.

Edited by MeteorKing

Slide dash is a skill.

Slash Dash is a skill. "Slide dash" refers to the momentum you gain by doing those short slide moves and then sprinting (which is still slowed wiith Hobbled).

But yes, as people suggested, use the dodge roll move to proceed forward, and use a quick melee weapon to helicopter yourself around. Even a maxed Fury Galatine/Orthos works okay if you don't have any light melee weapons.

WHIRLING MELEE DASH OF DOOM is not an exploit; it takes a level of skill to execute effectively. When I say "effectively" I don't mean that it is difficult to pull off, I mean that it requires a certain level of awareness and control to stop yourself from doing silly things like missing the door into the next room as you feverishly attempt to phase shift through a wall, or flying off the edge of a map into some hell-abyss below before the game mario-karts your disappointing body back onto the race-track and you hope that the Luigi that just passed you didn't see what you did. 

As for the key itself- I don't like it. I certainly won't wear something so unfashionable. 

Um actually one-third.  Slide dash is a skill, and can compare it to rhino dash.   Speed up skills are meant to make you go faster.

The Helicopter method i don't see as an exploit.   When we do that slide melee, especially if you swing something heavy.  the weight and momentum of the item should help to propel you forward.   Least thats how I see it

As noted, slash dash is a skill.

Exploiting, by definition of the term, the beneficial aspects of mechanics of a game is not exploiting, as the colloquial term used in gaming communities.

Did you watch warframe prime time last night? DERebecca and DE_Megan essentially said "I'm really glad we can still slide dash." It was set up intentionally so that competent players could still keep up and those who can't figure out how to do anything but hold shift get left on the dust.

L2P or get left behind.

Last I checked, Rebecca and Megan weren't actually developers - check their job titles, community manager and community coordinator. Not only that, that statement doesn't even suggest it's intentionally in the game.

If it was say, Steve or Scott who made that statement, then you could use that as an excuse.

Incidentally, I'm just as capable of using those silly exploits as anybody else; the fact you can't circumvent the effect of the other three keys (mitigate them yes, circumvent no) is actually a healthier piece of evidence that the Hobble Key's effect wasn't meant to be circumvented either.

Edited by Taranis49

The fact that people from the company knowingly use the feature would likely indicate that it's WAI. I'm well aware of their job titles.

So the initial complaint is "hobble is too slow," which was rebuffed by explanations as to how to cope with it, which makes you... upset?

I don't understand.

The fact that people from the company knowingly use the feature would likely indicate that it's WAI. I'm well aware of their job titles.

So the initial complaint is "hobble is too slow," which was rebuffed by explanations as to how to cope with it, which makes you... upset?

I don't understand.

Classic association fallacy: If somebody were to steal office supplies from their workplace, I kinda doubt the workplace would say that they intended for that to happen.

And why are you questioning my motives? They're not relevant, unless you can't actually provide a logical counterpoint :-)

Edited by Taranis49

Careful with the whole "fallacies automatically make arguments invalid" roller-coaster. If we really apply our highschool education, and believe in ourselves extra hard, we can pretty much make every argument into *some* kind of fallacy. 

Hobbled is fine the way it is. I even thought it was to reduce speed in 75% like with the other attributes.

If they put 40% reduction is because of the wall jump in some areas that perhaps is not possible with less speed than that.

Rushers gonna cry, but they are not forced to equip it.