Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Web Based Dps Tool!

Gogge

Question

The site is now updated for Damage 2.0!

The damage/level table has been replaced with the damage to specific enemy types (Ancient Disruptor, Grineer Napalm, Corpus Tech, and Corpus Moa), mouseovering the specific enemy type shows the vulnerabilities.

You can now also sort weapons based on damage to the enemy types (Ancient, Napalm, etc.).

Mouseovering the weapon stats table shows the original stats (for comparisons).

Not a big update feature-wise, but a ton of testing in-game and in the code. Next update will probably be about adding sentinel weapons, the one after that will likely be fixing page load times, and then perhaps adding more details in tooltips (any ideas are welcome).

Original post:

---

I've been using a spreadsheet to get a feel for how weapons perform, and how mods affect DPS. But it started becoming a bit of a pain to update/change mods around, and it felt kind of limited. So I tried to fix some stuff through scripting instead, using javascript and a regular web page (no downloading needed), and I thought you guys might get some use out of it too! Check it out (not sure if/how linking works on the forums):

http://dpsframe.com

Crash course in current features:

You select the pistol/rifle/etc. category you want at the top, to compare different types of weapons click "add favorite" and it'll get added on top of the other weapons (it remembers "favorites" through cookies, so it should get saved. As long as you stay on the same computer).

Increase/decrease aura/mod levels by using the + / - signs before the mod name. You can max or disable a mod completely by clicking the counter in the middle (for example the "10/10" for hornet strike on Acrid). A mod with a "-/5" as a counter is disabled, a mod with "0/5" is just the base card with no ranks added.

Mouse over the name of the mod to get a tooltip with what stats it increases.

The auras count up to 5, then start over from zero, so you can see how it stacks with more people. The number in parenthesis beside the counter (for example 5/5 (1) corrosive projection) represents how many players are need to get that high a percentage.

The DPS number to the right of the weapon name (for example "Acrid 6005") is the raw DPS value before armor is taken into account. The DPS with armor values is in the table just below and to the right of the name, it lists damage to Ancient Disruptors, Grineer Napalms, and Corpus Techs, levels 5 through 200. This damage does not account for hitting weak spots, but it does factor elemental weaknesses (fire/lightning/etc.) and armor ignore damage (armor piercing, serrated blade, poison, etc.).

You can sort the lists by clicking the names/arrows beside the category name, clicking name will sort by name, clicking it again will reverse the order. DPS means unmmitigated damage (doesn't factor armor), and APDPS means the damage after armor has been accounted for (using a lvl 200 Ancient Disruptor as base).

The "filter name" search box below favorites filters names, typing in "a" will show all weapon names that contains that letter (it's not case sensitive).

There's a ton of things left to work on:

There are no melee weapons currently (the swing mechanics seemed a bit complex).

The continuous (e.g flux rifle) and charge weapons (e.g Paris) just ignore weapon speed mods at the moment, which might not be accurate.

All stats have been entered by hand, so I can almost guarantee that there are typos or swapped stats.

I have checked the formulas and calculated some stats by hand, but there's still a few possible places where small errors might have snuck in.

Some special behaviors might not be modeled correctly, Acrid's DOT, Ogris explosion, Torid poison Cloud.

I haven't figured out a good way to represent the impact of recoil/spread. This might make some weapons seem very good on paper while in reality they might be horrible.

And some design limitations:

It's single target only.

It doesn't account for you being in a group. If you have a nova (2x damage from molecular prime), a Rhino (+50% damage shout), a Banshee with sonar (500% or more to sonar weak spot), and you're shooting a Moa in it's weak spot (fanny pack, 3x damage) with your synapse (electricity 2x damage) through your Volt shield (red crits), will do significantly more DPS than what's listed.

It's based on average DPS for emptying a clip and reloading. Burst DPS on some weapons will be higher, and this doesn't account for damage against shields. This misses things like that freezing damage might be better in some cases, or that you might attack a boss and then reload when he's invulnerable (e,g Vor, the burst DPS might be more important in some cases).

I tested in the latest versions of Chrome/Firefox/IE, I have no idea how good it'll work in anything other than those.

The javascript source is uglified, regular source code can be found on github:

https://github.com/Gogge/warframe-loadout

Some caveats on the code; It's almost completely uncommented and it's the very first iteration of a prototype.

Edited by Gogge

Thanks, the wiki does indeed say:

"Faction damage mods stack multiplicatively with other mods, thus increasing all damage."

The mere +30% on the mod card is deceptive. The multiplicative nature of the mod means that in some cases, you can get a lot of damage from it. Now I see why Bane mods add a good amount of DPS in the calculator.

Edited by avenger5

Revision 2:

Fixed Snipetron Vandal stats (fixed crit rate from 20% to 25%, crit damage from 150% to 200%).

---

Updated to 11.3.2.

• Updated armor/health resistances and calculations, armor is now just a multiplier like health (I changed corrosive's +75% to simply be a 1.75 multiplier, Slash's -15% is 0.85).
  • Fixed aura tooltips, also changed corrosive projection to not give negative armor numbers (not sure if fixed in game).

Hmm, felt like much more when I was working with it.

Acrid has a slightly overestimated DPS number in some cases (slightly lower in others), the DoT damage ticks are merged with the base damage when calculating elemental damage combinations (as an example it'll count the DoT as corrosive if you add an electric elemental mod).

Next up for features is probably trying to figure out a way to show how the status procs help, a viral proc has the same impact as doubling your DPS against health would (assuming it still reduces enemy health with 50%), similar deal with magnetic and shields. The corrosive status proc used to be able to reduce enemy armor to 0 (or at least on Lech Kril), which could be important when killing high level Grineer if you have a high status proc weapon and manage to stack it fast (relevant to Shotguns, or Grakata perhaps). But against anything you kill with 1-2 shots the status procs are much less relevant, hence the " figure out a way to show" part at the start of this paragraph.

New armor calculation seems to be:

damage * health_modifier * armor_mitigation * armor_modifier

Where health/armor modifier means the armor/health vulnerabilities from http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0'>the wiki table.

Using a Lanka with 1187.5 base damage (corrosive, +75% armor) should give us:

Butcher: 2044 (1187.5 * 1 * 0.9836 * 1.75)Lancer: 1558 (1187.5 * 1 * 0.75 * 1.75)Trooper: 1385 (1187.5 * 1 * 0.66... * 1.75)

Actual numbers when tested in game gives 2044, [edit] 1558, 1385, so it all checks out (I tested on level 1-10 lancers in survival and the calculations matched actual damage numbers).

Using a Soma with 150% serration (IPS 2.5/10/12.5) against a level 1 Grineer Lancer (armor +50% puncture -15% slashing, health -25% impact +25% slashing) gives:

Impact: 1.4 (2.5 * 0.75 * 0.75 * 1)Puncture: 11.25 (10 * 1 * 0.75 * 1.5)Slashing: 9.96 (12.5 * 1.25 * 0.75 * 0.85) Total: 22.61

In game a shot hits for 22. A headshot crit with Vital Sense and Hammer Shot crits for 759 which gives a damage range of 22.58929 to 22.61904, the above calculation gives us 22.61719 when not rounding (as I did in the example) which fits nicely.

Edit: Fixed "1588 instead of 1558" typo.

Edited by Gogge

Replied at the Reddit post as well, but it's really worth it. Should be a sticky indeed.

Thanks a lot for the effort and for the quick changes as hotfixes arrive!

Edit: Please take a look at the Snipetron Vandal's critical values

Edited by Vorigan

Replied at the Reddit post as well, but it's really worth it. Should be a sticky indeed.

Thanks a lot for the effort and for the quick changes as hotfixes arrive!

Edit: Please take a look at the Snipetron Vandal's critical values

Thanks!

I fixed the stats, a nice buff for it (might need to do a ctrl+f5 to see the changes, or clear the cache).

Edited by Gogge

Updated for 11.3.3

• Resistance tables now use a similar format to the wiki
  • Continuous fire weapons are now affected by fire rate mods.
  • Fixed so elemental mods affect Ogris/Penta explosions

The damage formula seems to be the same but with the armor modifier now also affecting actual armor:.

mitigation = 300 / (armor * (1-armor_modifier) + 300)mitigated_damage = damage * health_modifier * mitigation * (1+armor_modifier)

The armor modifier is the percentages on the wiki, e.g 75% for corrosive and -15% for slashing.

Using a Soma with 150% serration (IPS 2.5/10/12.5) gives these base stats with the above formula against a level 1 Grineer:

Impact: 1.40625 (2.5 * 0.75 * 0.75)Puncture: 12.85714 (10 * (300/350) * 1,5)Slashing: 9.6 (12.5 * 1.25 * (300/415) *0.85)Total: 23.864

When testing this in game a headshot crit with Vital Sense and Hammer Shot gives a damage of 801, which gives a damage range of 23.839 to 23.869 which the above calculation fits nicely into.

Edited by Gogge

i always do all this math myself, its nice to have something to check my numbers against though.

i had been avoiding doing the math on the brakk because i know i can never have one (the ONE event i miss......)

seeing the DPS on it has ruined everything >.>

Will you add meelee weapons as well?

It's a lot of work to add them (I need to fix a way to just import the stats from the wiki), the damage calculations are slightly different (so I need to figure those out), and there's the melee/combo rework that DE is working on (which means I'd probably have to rework it if I added it now).

So it's planned, but unlikely to happen anytime soon. ;)

It's a lot of work to add them (I need to fix a way to just import the stats from the wiki), the damage calculations are slightly different (so I need to figure those out), and there's the melee/combo rework that DE is working on (which means I'd probably have to rework it if I added it now).

So it's planned, but unlikely to happen anytime soon. ;)

I see . However i am glad it will be added eventually .Also great work so far the application is amazing :D

Small 1.5.5 update:

• Added the Detron.

Note that the elemental damage types show some impossible combinations with elemental base damage weapons. For example on the Detron you can get is to show Corrosive/Electrical, this combination isn't possible as the electrical damage just merges with the base radiation damage.

But this is just a visual "feature" as I can't list all the elements due to screen space limitations, the actual damage calculations merge the electrical damage with the radiation damage. I'll try and think of a clever way of showing the actual elemental combinations in a smart way when I get some time.

---

Revision 3:

• Updated MK1-Braton, Braton, Braton Prime, and Braton Vandal with stats from the wiki.
  • Updated Corpus Tech to use Proto Shield.

Revision 2:

• Updated Sentinel weapons to use reload/magazine size.
  • Updated resistance tables based on the codex (except for Tech) and wiki.

New resistances:

Ancient Disrupter: Fossilized

Grineer Napalm: Alloy Armor, Cloned Flesh

Corpus Tech: Shield, Flesh (I haven't scanned these, so not sure)

Corpus Shockwave Moa: Shield, Robotic

I'm not sure the Shockwave Moa and Tech are needed, I selected them at the start of Damage 2.0 as the damage tables were easier back then (armor/flesh/shield/robotic). But now with the inclusion of a ton of different armor types it might be better to use other more difficult enemy types, like heavy gunners. I can also add a second row if it'd be useful with more than four enemy types, perhaps a row for light units.

Suggestions on what enemies to show are welcome.

Updated for 11.5.0!

• Added new armor scaling
  • Added Karak, Burston Prime (preliminary, need details on stats), and Stug (very preliminary, need more info on how it handles)
  • Changed Acrid's dot to scale with 50% of base damage done (including faction/damage mods, but not elemental mods), for raw DPS two ticks are used (mobs rarely take more than 10 shots to kill), for Ancient/Grineer/etc. damage the dots scales with DPS and mob health (preliminary calculations).
  • Added so you can sort based on Burst damage.
  • Fixed Paris Prime magazine size error (reduced from 10 to 1).

New formulas seem to be:

armor = (level-base_level)^1.75 * 0.005 * base_armor + base_armorhealth = (level-base_level)^2 * 0.015 * base_health + base_healthshield = (level-base_level)^2 * 0.0075 * base_shield + base_shield

Using the new armor formula a level 16 Grineer Tropper should have 235 armor (rounded down):

235.747 = (16-1)^1.75 * 0.005 * 150 + 150

This gives a damage mitigation of around 0.56 (300/(235+300)).Using a Lanka with 150% Serration, 40% Charged Chamber, 180% elemental damage (Stormbringer, Deep Freeze), gives a Magnetic damage of 2450, which should give 1373.8317757 damage with armor mitigation. A normal shot with the Lanka hits a level 16 Grineer Trooper for 1373 damage, which fits the new armor formula. For more precision a crit headshot hits for 8242 damage, this gives us a damage range of 1373.666.. to 1373.833... damage, which also fits with the calculated number from the new armor formula.

With the health formula a level 15 Grineer Lancer should have 394 health. An unmodded Acrid hits a level 15 Lancer for 18 damage, and the dot ticks 9 times for 9 damage (99 damage per shot total, 18+81). Four shots gives a total damage of 396 damage, which should just barely kill the Lancer (2 hp overkill). Testing this in-game kills the Lancer on the last tick of the fourth shot.

With the shield formula a level 15 corpus crewman should have 370 shields, using a Lanka with 1187.5 electric damage does 370 damage to shields. A level 16 corpus crewman should have 403 shields, the Lanka hits for 403 damage on shields.

Edited by Gogge

corpus techs got proto shield instead of shield, i guess you'd need to change that^^

Yeah, I didn't have them scanned when I did the update and there wasn't much info on what shields they were actually using, I'll fix it with the next update.

love this website, good work... very useful

especially useful that you prefilled some of, if not the most damaging combinations.

any chance of getting sentinel weapons in the future?

Thanks!

Sentinel weapons were added recently, should be in the menu-thing at the top (pistols, rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles, bows/other and then sentinel).

Great site. 

Stug numbers look wrong  (attack speed for charged?)

It's using the number listed in the codex, I'll update it after some testing when I get the time.

great site but I have noticed that all the bratons rate of fire and crit chances are off.

Thanks! I've updated them with the stats from the wiki. If you notice any values being wrong just post and I'll fix it.

incorrect algoritm, no critical DPS calculated

For which weapon? If I add critical strike mods to the default Boltor the DPS value increases, so it's calculating critical strike DPS.

Small 1.5.5 update:

• Added the Detron again.

Note that the elemental damage types show some impossible combinations with elemental base damage weapons. [Edit: This was only an issue for single element weapons] For example on the Detron you can get it to show Corrosive/Electrical, this combination isn't possible as the electrical damage just merges with the base radiation damage.

But this is just a visual "feature" as I can't list all the elements due to screen space limitations, [Edit: This wasn't an issue] the actual damage calculations merge the electrical damage with the radiation damage. I'll try and think of a clever way of showing the actual elemental combinations in a compact form when I get some spare time.

bumping this topic to the front page. Too helpful of a tool to let it fall so far.

Thanks!

Edited by Gogge