Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Web Based Dps Tool!

Gogge

Question

The site is now updated for Damage 2.0!

The damage/level table has been replaced with the damage to specific enemy types (Ancient Disruptor, Grineer Napalm, Corpus Tech, and Corpus Moa), mouseovering the specific enemy type shows the vulnerabilities.

You can now also sort weapons based on damage to the enemy types (Ancient, Napalm, etc.).

Mouseovering the weapon stats table shows the original stats (for comparisons).

Not a big update feature-wise, but a ton of testing in-game and in the code. Next update will probably be about adding sentinel weapons, the one after that will likely be fixing page load times, and then perhaps adding more details in tooltips (any ideas are welcome).

Original post:

---

I've been using a spreadsheet to get a feel for how weapons perform, and how mods affect DPS. But it started becoming a bit of a pain to update/change mods around, and it felt kind of limited. So I tried to fix some stuff through scripting instead, using javascript and a regular web page (no downloading needed), and I thought you guys might get some use out of it too! Check it out (not sure if/how linking works on the forums):

http://dpsframe.com

Crash course in current features:

You select the pistol/rifle/etc. category you want at the top, to compare different types of weapons click "add favorite" and it'll get added on top of the other weapons (it remembers "favorites" through cookies, so it should get saved. As long as you stay on the same computer).

Increase/decrease aura/mod levels by using the + / - signs before the mod name. You can max or disable a mod completely by clicking the counter in the middle (for example the "10/10" for hornet strike on Acrid). A mod with a "-/5" as a counter is disabled, a mod with "0/5" is just the base card with no ranks added.

Mouse over the name of the mod to get a tooltip with what stats it increases.

The auras count up to 5, then start over from zero, so you can see how it stacks with more people. The number in parenthesis beside the counter (for example 5/5 (1) corrosive projection) represents how many players are need to get that high a percentage.

The DPS number to the right of the weapon name (for example "Acrid 6005") is the raw DPS value before armor is taken into account. The DPS with armor values is in the table just below and to the right of the name, it lists damage to Ancient Disruptors, Grineer Napalms, and Corpus Techs, levels 5 through 200. This damage does not account for hitting weak spots, but it does factor elemental weaknesses (fire/lightning/etc.) and armor ignore damage (armor piercing, serrated blade, poison, etc.).

You can sort the lists by clicking the names/arrows beside the category name, clicking name will sort by name, clicking it again will reverse the order. DPS means unmmitigated damage (doesn't factor armor), and APDPS means the damage after armor has been accounted for (using a lvl 200 Ancient Disruptor as base).

The "filter name" search box below favorites filters names, typing in "a" will show all weapon names that contains that letter (it's not case sensitive).

There's a ton of things left to work on:

There are no melee weapons currently (the swing mechanics seemed a bit complex).

The continuous (e.g flux rifle) and charge weapons (e.g Paris) just ignore weapon speed mods at the moment, which might not be accurate.

All stats have been entered by hand, so I can almost guarantee that there are typos or swapped stats.

I have checked the formulas and calculated some stats by hand, but there's still a few possible places where small errors might have snuck in.

Some special behaviors might not be modeled correctly, Acrid's DOT, Ogris explosion, Torid poison Cloud.

I haven't figured out a good way to represent the impact of recoil/spread. This might make some weapons seem very good on paper while in reality they might be horrible.

And some design limitations:

It's single target only.

It doesn't account for you being in a group. If you have a nova (2x damage from molecular prime), a Rhino (+50% damage shout), a Banshee with sonar (500% or more to sonar weak spot), and you're shooting a Moa in it's weak spot (fanny pack, 3x damage) with your synapse (electricity 2x damage) through your Volt shield (red crits), will do significantly more DPS than what's listed.

It's based on average DPS for emptying a clip and reloading. Burst DPS on some weapons will be higher, and this doesn't account for damage against shields. This misses things like that freezing damage might be better in some cases, or that you might attack a boss and then reload when he's invulnerable (e,g Vor, the burst DPS might be more important in some cases).

I tested in the latest versions of Chrome/Firefox/IE, I have no idea how good it'll work in anything other than those.

The javascript source is uglified, regular source code can be found on github:

https://github.com/Gogge/warframe-loadout

Some caveats on the code; It's almost completely uncommented and it's the very first iteration of a prototype.

Edited by Gogge

Small 1.5.5 update:

• Added the Detron again.

Note that the elemental damage types show some impossible combinations with elemental base damage weapons. For example on the Detron you can get it to show Corrosive/Electrical, this combination isn't possible as the electrical damage just merges with the base radiation damage.

But this is just a visual "feature" as I can't list all the elements due to screen space limitations, the actual damage calculations merge the electrical damage with the radiation damage. I'll try and think of a clever way of showing the actual elemental combinations in a compact form when I get some spare time.

Thanks!

According to Codex, Detron's status is 10%, not 5%.

I'm not sure how you meant the merging elements with base type (what describes calculator and what is ingame) but ingame, weapon with base dual element does not eat elemental mods. For example I've managed to get frost proc from my Ogris...

Also, are you considering adding status bonus calculations?

Updated for 1.5.6

Clear your browser cache if the faction damage changes doesn't occur (some javascript files might be cached, even when the HTML is updated and showing the correct version number).

• Updated Detron status chance to 10%
  • Fix for displaying elemental combinations against factions

The way elements are handled is that single elements (Heat/Toxin/etc.) merge with mods, adding Hellfire (Heat) to a Lanka gives the weapon only Radiation (Electric+Heat) damage (the base damage merges with the mods).

Weapons with base damage that is from dual elements (Radiation, Corrosive, etc.) like the Detron or Ogris doesn't merge base elements (Heat/etc.) and only merges the same dual element combinations (Blast with Blast, etc.). Adding Hellfire (Heat) to an Ogris gives Blast/Heat, adding a Deep Freeze (Cold) on top of the Hellfire mod combines to Blast damage which merges with the base Blast damage for the Ogris giving only Blast damage.

This is how the calculator's system has worked all along, so no damage calculations should have changed with this fix.

[Edit: better examples]

As an example an unmodded Ogris has a DPS of 340 against an Ancient Disruptor (226.8965.. * 1.5), adding Hellfire/Stormbringer/Cryo Rounds/Infected Clip and using the combination Blast/Corrosive gives:

Blast: 952 (226.8965.. * 1.5 + 408 * 1.5)Corrosive: 714 (408 * 1.75)---Total: 1666

Which is what the calculator lists. Removing Cryo Rounds gives Fire/Blast/Corrosive:

Blast: 340 (226.8965.. * 1.5)Fire: 204Corrosive: 714 (408 * 1.75)---Total: 1258

Which matches with the calculator.

---

According to Codex, Detron's status is 10%, not 5%.

I'm not sure how you meant the merging elements with base type (what describes calculator and what is ingame) but ingame, weapon with base dual element does not eat elemental mods. For example I've managed to get frost proc from my Ogris...

Also, are you considering adding status bonus calculations?

Thanks, I'll update the Detron with the next patch.

The weapon combo elemental damage not merging with mods is interesting [Edit: The calculations worked this way all along, no fix needed] (it also means that the current combo stats calculations are slightly off when it comes to faction damage from elemental weaknesses/strength), as I based it on how the single elemental weapons behavedI'll have to rework the combo base elemental weapon calculations (currently they merge mods into the base damage). On a positive note it might make the display logic much simpler.

I've added the basic data stuff needed for status bonus calculations (proc chance, pellets, enemy HP, etc.), I'm waiting a bit for the status proc revamp to make the mods useful so it's not a priority (but on the todo list).

Edited by Gogge

I've added the basic data stuff needed for status bonus calculations (proc chance, pellets, enemy HP, etc.), I'm waiting a bit for the status proc revamp to make the mods useful so it's not a priority (but on the todo list).

Oh, that's too bad. I don't think there's gonna be some big revamp because most of the procs are good already. Maybe increase of base status chance on some weapons but nothing radical.

I just wanted to verify some findings, if you have some data available. Mainly whether status chance is divided between all elements on weapon, that chances for individual elements are based on percentage of damage done and that non-physical elements have one-third weight of physical elements when distributing proc chances (aka. 300% heat on IPS weapon has 50:50 chance to proc either IPS or fire).

Also I would like to know how status chance works on continuous weapons, if you have some informations. I read that Serration/Heavy Caliber increases number of ticks per second instead of damage, so how does it affect status chance?

Oh, that's too bad. I don't think there's gonna be some big revamp because most of the procs are good already. Maybe increase of base status chance on some weapons but nothing radical.

I just wanted to verify some findings, if you have some data available. Mainly whether status chance is divided between all elements on weapon, that chances for individual elements are based on percentage of damage done and that non-physical elements have one-third weight of physical elements when distributing proc chances (aka. 300% heat on IPS weapon has 50:50 chance to proc either IPS or fire).

Also I would like to know how status chance works on continuous weapons, if you have some informations. I read that Serration/Heavy Caliber increases number of ticks per second instead of damage, so how does it affect status chance?

I haven't looked at status proc mechanics at all, do you know of any good current discussion thread on it? Worst case you can take something with a high base proc (like the Magnus) and just shoot ~1000 bullets (random number, I tested ~350 and it looks to be too low to account for the randomness and human error) and see where the proc rate ends up. Then add elemental an mod, repeat the test, and see how the percentages change with more mods (or mod power).

I can probably do some testing tomorrow if it's not figured out by then.

Edited by Gogge

I haven't looked at status proc mechanics at all, do you know of any good current discussion thread on it? Worst case you can take something with a high base proc (like the Magnus) and just shoot ~1000 bullets (random number, I tested ~350 and it looks to be too low to account for the randomness and human error) and see where the proc rate ends up. Then add elemental an mod, repeat the test, and see how the percentages change with more mods (or mod power).

I can probably do some testing tomorrow if it's not figured out by then.

That's the problem, I didn't find any thread. I tried to start one but it was without reasonable reaction so I went to do some reasearch on my own and now I'm trying to hijack your thread. :P

My first test was pure "how many procs I'll get" with Magnus and by using powerful technique of notches-on-paper I got around those 20% with 100+ shots which makes it look like the chance is divided. If every element had its own full chance, this should come close to 60% so I think it's plausible.

Next I focused on proc distribution and with 80+ procs it was really close to damage layout with non-physical elements divided by three. 80 is probably too low so there might be errors but I've done this test many times with Magnus and Brakk with different elemental ratios and it was always really close to predicted numbers.

Also one thing I noticed, there is chance for double proc, aka. impact+slash or radiation+puncture. Chance was around every 30. proc at average for Magnus and I got only one double on Brakk in all the tests together. This makes it look like the inner working of proc chance is every element has its own calculated as percentage of full chance but it's just a quess.

Hmm... I do believe I'll start using this site once the new Toxin/Status mods and Twin Wraith Vipers are out.

Nothing on melee weapons though?

Or crit/status/phys damage builds? It just kinda defaults to elemental/fire rate/anti-Faction builds.

Edited by Archwizard

Nothing on melee weapons though?

Or crit/status/phys damage builds? It just kinda defaults to elemental/fire rate/anti-Faction builds.

Thanks for the feedback!

Melee weapons are planned, but no real ETA when they'll be implemented (not a high priority at the moment).

I'll have to optimize some stuff before I can add different mod builds, as it is now it takes several seconds to recalculate all the damage for the weapons so it would be a bit too slow (I tested a similar feature with global auras, it gets too laggy). It's a possible feature but I can't really say if/when it'll be implemented. ;)

Great calculator mate, I can't imagine the time and effort you put in to making this.

Just one thing I noticed:

If you hover over the faction damage area for Napalms it shows electric damage having no effect against alloy armour, but on the wiki electrical damage appears to have a -50% modifier. Is there an error on the wiki page (it appears to be accurate as of 11.5.2)? Or possibly just a graphical error on your part and the maths behind it is correct?

In any case great work on the calculator, I'm sure I'll be referring to it in the future

As usual clear your browser cache and refresh the page if you don't see the changes.

Updated for 11.6.0

• Added the Drakgoon
  • Added the Seeker mod (punch through) to Pistols
  • Updated stats for the Stug, using a fire rate of 6.67 (0.33 for charge) and base corrosive damage of 75 (450 for charge), magazine capacity reduced to 20.

Just a quick update.

---

Updated for 11.5.8!

• Added Wraith Twin Viper
  • Added new Toxin/Status mods
  • Fixed missing -50% Electric elemental damage on Grineer Napalm alloy armor and missing -50% Fire elemental damage on Corpus Tech shields (thanks fungeh!).
  • Fixed continuous weapons to have base 10 fire rate (thanks GottFaust)

Next up on the todo list is probably implementing status procs, with the new status mods the effect can probably be noticeable for a lot of weapons even on easy to kill enemies.

Edited by Gogge

As usual clear your browser cache and refresh the page if you don't see the changes.

Updated for 11.5.8!

• Added Wraith Twin Viper
  • Added new Toxin/Status mods
  • Fixed missing -50% Electric elemental damage on Grineer Napalm alloy armor and missing -50% Fire elemental damage on Corpus Tech shields (thanks fungeh!).
  • Fixed continuous weapons to have base 10 fire rate (thanks GottFaust)

Next up on the todo list is probably implementing status procs, with the new status mods the effect can probably be noticeable for a lot of weapons even on easy to kill enemies.

wraith twin vipers not showing up for me.

can see it now.

Edited by Vanhline

Many thanks for this great tool.

Just noticed status chance and magazine capacity on sentinel weapons seem out of date / don't match the wiki.

Stinger for example shows 5% status and 4 mag capacity on wiki, while you show 2%/15 shots. Other sentinel weapons don't match either which should be pretty relevant for their dps ranking.

As usual clear your browser cache if you don't see the new update.

Updated for 11.8.0!

• Added the Tetra.

---

Revision 4:

Added clear mods / default mods (thanks AvatarOfMomus):

inaAQAk.png

This clears the mods of all weapons in a category (e.g Rifles or Favorites), or sets them to the default values for the weapon. This should help for things like wanting to see what the best base damage (zero mod) weapon is, now you don't have to go through each weapon manually.

Revision 3:
  • Fixed Contagious Spread cost (again, thanks RustyDoomSpork)

---

Revision 2:

• Changed Accelerated Blast to match in game behavior (thanks Mindlessreddit), it acts as an elemental mod and adds puncture damage based on all base damage instead of just using puncture damage (the workaround in the calculator is that it's using it's own "elemental" version of puncture damage).
  • Added Heavy Gunner to the Grineer tooltip
  • Fixed aura tooltips to say Infested/Grineer/Corpus.

---

Updated for 11.7.2!

• Added the Tysis (status proc rates are still to come, hopefully "soon", so it's slightly undervalued in DPS).
  • Changed so the default enemy DPS shows faction resistance/vulnerability averages, mouse-over the dotted underlined text (infested/grineer/corpus) now shows a big resistance table and specific DPS to enemy types.
  • Updated Sentinel stats (thanks 2013Doom2013).
  • Fixed mod costs for Charged Shell and Contagious Spread (thanks RustyDoomSpork).
  • Updated how the page loads (thanks to the person who whispered me in game about this, I forgot your name).

The average resistances are preliminary, as it is right now they're just averages for the factions. Infested resistances are just summed and divided by four. Grineer base is just flesh (I didn't see mechanical as relevant, if you think otherwise just post why), then for armor ferrite and alloy are summed and divided by two. Corpus sums flesh and robotics, divide by two, for shields it's sum shields and proto shield divide by two. Ideas for how to do this better are welcome (ideally you'd have an average distribution of each mob and factor this somehow).

The page now only loads one category of weapons when loading (instead of all of them), this reduces load time by about a second, but this also means that when you click a category there will now be a slight delay as those weapons are loaded. I also made the weapon loading non-blocking so the page should be more responsive when weapons load; the page re-draws when loading, so it doesn't seem like the page has frozen (this doesn't change load times, just makes it feel "a bit better" perhaps).

Next up is still calculating DPS for procs, I'll keep working on figuring out status proc mechanics.

I'm also thinking of some way to add boss DPS/resistances to the tooltips somehow (perhaps if there's a few common combinations they can be added); I was farming for a Split Chamber mod for my sentinel and was wondering which elemental combo would be best for this (e.g vs. Sargas Ruk or Raptor), it would have been nice if I this info was also in the tooltip (not just regular enemies).

Edited by Gogge

due to your loading change often random weapons are missing and further errors, IE often arranging by DPS for pistols will yield Sicarus as #1 and Sicarus Prime as #2.

Try clearing the web cache and see if that fixes it, I've tested it in IE 11 and it works the same as in FF/Chrome. What version of IE are you using?

Edited by Gogge

Try clearing the web cache and see if that fixes it, I've tested it in IE 11 and it works the same as in FF/Chrome. What version of IE are you using?

IE = in example there, not internet explorer... damn acronyms! xD I am using chrome updated in full. I tried opening w/o addons and it seems to work so it must be something I have installed slowing it down enough to cause things not to load. For the record I'm using a upper tier gaming PC (16 gbs ddr3, 3 ghz quadcore, HD 7970, SSD)

Edited by Scrybatog

IE = in example there, not internet explorer... damn acronyms! xD I am using chrome updated in full. I tried opening w/o addons and it seems to work so it must be something I have installed slowing it down enough to cause things not to load. For the record I'm using a upper tier gaming PC (16 gbs ddr3, 3 ghz quadcore, HD 7970, SSD)

Yeah, one of the changes was that it doesn't load everything sequentially, so it might be that there's some odd behavior if the weapons don't load in the standard order (due to other timing differences, e.g other addons doing their thing). Changing it back to the old way of loading is fairly easy so if there's a lot of problems with the new way I can just change it back in the future.

Quite a useful page you have here. I do think you need to factor in accuracy at ranges. For instance, calculate the spread of a weapon at a given distance and the hit probability at that range given a target of typical or varying size. I think this would allow us to compare shotguns a little more accurately. It would also allow us to see how the corrupted -accuracy +damage mods interact with the calculations.

Quite a useful page you have here. I do think you need to factor in accuracy at ranges. For instance, calculate the spread of a weapon at a given distance and the hit probability at that range given a target of typical or varying size. I think this would allow us to compare shotguns a little more accurately. It would also allow us to see how the corrupted -accuracy +damage mods interact with the calculations.

Yeah, I've through of doing it, but I can't see a good way to implement it. I'd need some sort of hit profile for each enemy and a formula for how accuracy affects damage at different distances (e.g 5,10, 25, 50 meters). And the "accuracy" stat is probably a combination of several stats (based on Pwnatron's datamining) and it's probably modified by aiming:

Hip AccuracyHip Accuracy RateHip Acc. Recovery RateHip Acc. Recovery Delay Aimed AccuracyAimed Accuracy RateAimed Acc. Recovery RateAimed Acc. Recovery Delay

So even if two weapons have the same accuracy stat listed they likely behave differently in game.

So it seems a bit too complex to implement, and if I just go by the listed accuracy stat it's probably not representative of how the different weapons compare.

Edited by Gogge

Don't know how hard it would be to implement, but I think an option to compare weapons would be nice. Like, tick a couple and have them next to each other or so.

Also, is Tysis really that low in dps? If so, why is everyone saying it's far better than Acrid (while it shouldn't be as it is not a clan tech weapon and needs only r4)?

Don't know how hard it would be to implement, but I think an option to compare weapons would be nice. Like, tick a couple and have them next to each other or so.

Also, is Tysis really that low in dps? If so, why is everyone saying it's far better than Acrid (while it shouldn't be as it is not a clan tech weapon and needs only r4)?

If you click on the "add favorite" button it adds the weapon to a custom list, so you can modify/compare weapons that way, and make sure the "favories" category is checked (image link):

noDuz0u.png

The Acrid's higher DPS is mostly from it's higher fire rate, the Tysis does slightly more damage per shot but has a bit lower fire rate. Most people probably don't actually use the 6.67 shots/sec fire rate of the Acrid which might make it feel like the Tysis is just as good (or better if you consider the higher damage per shot).

Edited by Gogge

If you click on the "add favorite" button it adds the weapon to a custom list, so you can modify/compare weapons that way, and make sure the "favories" category is checked (image link):

noDuz0u.png

The Acrid's higher DPS is mostly from it's higher fire rate, the Tysis does slightly more damage per shot but has a bit lower fire rate. Most people probably don't actually use the 6.67 shots/sec fire rate of the Acrid which might make it feel like the Tysis is just as good (or better if you consider the higher damage per shot).

Awesome, thanks a lot!