• Announcements

• [DE]Danielle

Player Guides, Tips, Apps, & Useful Websites!   04/06/2016

Hey guys! This is a remake of the original Player Guides, Tips, Apps, & Useful Websites thread created by [DE]Drew.  Helpful DE or player-made threads/websites will be listed here for all of your Warframe needs. If you find a thread that you think should be listed you can send a PM to [DE]Danielle with the link.  GENERAL POSTING TIP:
        Before you post on the Forums, please keep the following tips (by IIIDevoidIII) in mind.    The Warframe forums have a multitude of resources to help you on your journey through Warframe:  The Players helping Players subforum contains many help questions and player-made guides, tricks, and tips. To look for a topic that may have an answer to your question, you can use the search function in the upper-right hand corner of the page as well as the Advanced Search Form. Detailed information about the game (its lore, mechanics, equipment, and other items) can be found on the fantastic, community-run, Warframe WIKIA. If you are looking for active assistance in the game, Warframe offers experienced Guides of the Lotus (GOTL). These players are a group of volunteers from the community who spend their time in the low-level Relays, answering questions, and assisting new player with in-game missions, should they be available. RECENT ADDITIONS: •  Spy Guide • What you Should know about Conclave • The Ultimate Conclave Guide - Chapter 1 • The Super Duper Ultra Mega Parkour 2.0 Zephyr Movement Tutorial • TennoDrops - Warframe Item Drop Locations • Beginners Guide to Creating an Active Warframe Clan • Guide To Modding Your Ips Weapons Damage In Conclave • Parkour 2.0 Tips and Tricks / Tutorial Videos Collection PLAYER-MADE GUIDES/WEBSITES DE-MADE GUIDES/TIPS PERFORMANCE GUIDES: WARFRAME APPS: MAC AND LINUX GUIDES:      
    • [DE]Danielle

Getting Support - Common Issues   04/20/2016

Have an issue? Unsure if we can help? Warframe's support team can assist you with the following common issues and concerns! 

*Take care of reading through the instructions before sending in your Support ticket. An organized and detailed ticket will better help the agent answer and fulfill your request.* 
      "I accidentally purchased the same item twice."
      Before sending in a support ticket please choose which item you would like to keep and start using it! Support tries to have as little impact on your play time as possible; we're able to see which of the two items you aren't using and remove it from your inventory (even while you're logged in). 

Please note: We will not perform refunds on items that have been used - Leveled items or items with any Affinity are not eligible for refunds. 

"I accidentally purchased an item and would like a refund" 
      Platinum refunds can usually be processed, as long as you submit your request immediately after your purchase and the item has not been used. 

"I sold an item by mistake, is there any way I can have it back?"
      Absolutely! In order to have the item restored please contact us as soon as possible after the sale - we have a limited window of time allocated to reversing this process.

Please make sure you have an open Warframe / weapon slot for the item(s) you sold. Should you not have enough slots available at the time of the reversal, we will contact you to let you know that you need to make room in your inventory. 

"I started building something in the Foundry that I didn't mean to."
      If the item is finished, please do not claim it. We cannot refund foundry items once they are claimed by the player. Unclaimed items will have the full construction costs refunded.

"I purchased a skin, but I can't find it."
      Before sending in a support ticket, go to your Arsenal and browse for the purchased skin. You can search for and equip skins by clicking on the Appearance tab next to the item you want to customize.  If you experience difficulties, contact Support and we can verify that you have the item and further assist you with equipping it. 

"My mod is missing" or "I fused a mod by accident!"
      Should you find you are missing any specific mod, please provide us with the name, rank, and the day you last saw the mod in your inventory. If you have an idea what mod it might have been fused into, please do not perform any more fusions; if a fused mod is fused again into a new mod, it cannot be recovered.
      "I accidentally used a Forma on an item!"
      If you accidentally polarized your item, please file a support ticket immediately and refrain from using the item in question until we get back to you.

In the ticket, please specify the item that you applied the Forma to and what polarity you intended to add.    "I didn't receive my rewards from the event!"
      We kindly ask you repeat any events/missions if they are still available. Please keep in mind that we are unable to advance you towards the next step/level of the event (if there is one) and cannot change any end of mission scores. If you are still missing rewards after repeating, please wait until after the event has ended and the rewards have been given out. Once the event has concluded contact Support as soon as possible. 

Since certain events have immediate rewards while others do not, please check our website / Forums / social media for any announcements about the distribution of event rewards.

"My game crashed during a mission” or “My game was unable to update the account information and the progress was not saved.”
      Depending on the mission you played, try to re-join the session to receive your rewards. Please note that only the end of mission rewards (5 minute / round rewards) are recoverable. Pickups from the mission itself cannot be recovered by the support team.  If you are crashing or experiencing errors regularly, please create a support ticket in the most appropriate technical category so we can do our best to help you solve any networking / system problems you are experiencing. If possible, please also send your EE.log in a ticket immediately after the incident. EE.logs can be found in /%localappdata%/Warframe on your PC. 

“I want to change my email address / delete my account”
      If you wish to update your account’s email address or have your account removed permanently, you will need to contact support and verify that you are the account creator.   “I have purchased Platinum/Prime Access, but have not received it yet”
      Usually purchases are applied to your account almost immediately, but depending on the payment method used (i.e. mobile payments) it can take up to 48 hours for your order to appear in-game.

If you have not received your purchase after 48 hours, please create a ticket with the following information so that we can assist you as quickly as possible: Choice of payment service (Paypal, credit card, etc.) Date and time of payment Screenshots of the confirmation for the purchase, including the transaction/order number Mobile phone number used, if payment was made through mobile service Item purchased (Prime Access Package, 1000 Platinum bundle, etc.)   Experiencing issues that were not listed above? The following links are also at your disposal: Support’s Knowledge Base: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us  Trading Guide - FAQ, Tips, and Guidelines: https://forums.warframe.com/announcement/44-trading-guide-faq-tips-guidelines/   Got a problem? We can help you! Contact us here. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gogge

A Web Based Dps Tool!

Question

The site is now updated for Damage 2.0!

The damage/level table has been replaced with the damage to specific enemy types (Ancient Disruptor, Grineer Napalm, Corpus Tech, and Corpus Moa), mouseovering the specific enemy type shows the vulnerabilities.

You can now also sort weapons based on damage to the enemy types (Ancient, Napalm, etc.).

Mouseovering the weapon stats table shows the original stats (for comparisons).

Not a big update feature-wise, but a ton of testing in-game and in the code. Next update will probably be about adding sentinel weapons, the one after that will likely be fixing page load times, and then perhaps adding more details in tooltips (any ideas are welcome).

Original post:

---

I've been using a spreadsheet to get a feel for how weapons perform, and how mods affect DPS. But it started becoming a bit of a pain to update/change mods around, and it felt kind of limited. So I tried to fix some stuff through scripting instead, using javascript and a regular web page (no downloading needed), and I thought you guys might get some use out of it too! Check it out (not sure if/how linking works on the forums):

http://dpsframe.com

Crash course in current features:

You select the pistol/rifle/etc. category you want at the top, to compare different types of weapons click "add favorite" and it'll get added on top of the other weapons (it remembers "favorites" through cookies, so it should get saved. As long as you stay on the same computer).

Increase/decrease aura/mod levels by using the + / - signs before the mod name. You can max or disable a mod completely by clicking the counter in the middle (for example the "10/10" for hornet strike on Acrid). A mod with a "-/5" as a counter is disabled, a mod with "0/5" is just the base card with no ranks added.

Mouse over the name of the mod to get a tooltip with what stats it increases.

The auras count up to 5, then start over from zero, so you can see how it stacks with more people. The number in parenthesis beside the counter (for example 5/5 (1) corrosive projection) represents how many players are need to get that high a percentage.

The DPS number to the right of the weapon name (for example "Acrid 6005") is the raw DPS value before armor is taken into account. The DPS with armor values is in the table just below and to the right of the name, it lists damage to Ancient Disruptors, Grineer Napalms, and Corpus Techs, levels 5 through 200. This damage does not account for hitting weak spots, but it does factor elemental weaknesses (fire/lightning/etc.) and armor ignore damage (armor piercing, serrated blade, poison, etc.).

You can sort the lists by clicking the names/arrows beside the category name, clicking name will sort by name, clicking it again will reverse the order. DPS means unmmitigated damage (doesn't factor armor), and APDPS means the damage after armor has been accounted for (using a lvl 200 Ancient Disruptor as base).

The "filter name" search box below favorites filters names, typing in "a" will show all weapon names that contains that letter (it's not case sensitive).

There's a ton of things left to work on:

There are no melee weapons currently (the swing mechanics seemed a bit complex).

The continuous (e.g flux rifle) and charge weapons (e.g Paris) just ignore weapon speed mods at the moment, which might not be accurate.

All stats have been entered by hand, so I can almost guarantee that there are typos or swapped stats.

I have checked the formulas and calculated some stats by hand, but there's still a few possible places where small errors might have snuck in.

Some special behaviors might not be modeled correctly, Acrid's DOT, Ogris explosion, Torid poison Cloud.

I haven't figured out a good way to represent the impact of recoil/spread. This might make some weapons seem very good on paper while in reality they might be horrible.

And some design limitations:

It's single target only.

It doesn't account for you being in a group. If you have a nova (2x damage from molecular prime), a Rhino (+50% damage shout), a Banshee with sonar (500% or more to sonar weak spot), and you're shooting a Moa in it's weak spot (fanny pack, 3x damage) with your synapse (electricity 2x damage) through your Volt shield (red crits), will do significantly more DPS than what's listed.

It's based on average DPS for emptying a clip and reloading. Burst DPS on some weapons will be higher, and this doesn't account for damage against shields. This misses things like that freezing damage might be better in some cases, or that you might attack a boss and then reload when he's invulnerable (e,g Vor, the burst DPS might be more important in some cases).

I tested in the latest versions of Chrome/Firefox/IE, I have no idea how good it'll work in anything other than those.

The javascript source is uglified, regular source code can be found on github:

https://github.com/Gogge/warframe-loadout

Some caveats on the code; It's almost completely uncommented and it's the very first iteration of a prototype.

148 answers to this question

Try clearing the web cache and see if that fixes it, I've tested it in IE 11 and it works the same as in FF/Chrome. What version of IE are you using?

IE = in example there, not internet explorer... damn acronyms! xD I am using chrome updated in full. I tried opening w/o addons and it seems to work so it must be something I have installed slowing it down enough to cause things not to load. For the record I'm using a upper tier gaming PC (16 gbs ddr3, 3 ghz quadcore, HD 7970, SSD)

Heyo,

stumbled upon your tool just now and love it :D

Just one thing that always bugged me when i calculated WF-weapong dps myself, also seems to be ignored by the tool:

If you use a semi-auto weapon you may have a high firerate (like akbolto with basefirerate of 10shots/s) and high dmg per bullet so the site correctly calculates the possible max dps with that weapon, but you would need to click ten times per second or even faster if using the default mod setups. I tryed that and got up to 6clicks/sec when clicking normally fast (and about 9c/s when raping my mouse :P ) - so the real dps for me with semi-auto weapons would be a lot lower then calculated using the max. firerate.

In case im not missing any way to max out my click/firespeed with semi-auto weapons, it would be nice to have the opportunity to set ones max clickspeed somewhere on the site and then have it calculate the dps for semi-aito weapons using the max c/s as cap for the firerate.

Nothing really importend, just in case you get bored :D

Don't forget you could fire such weapons using the scroll-wheel or a macro to maximise your dps.

Small 1.5.5 update:

• Added the Detron again.

Note that the elemental damage types show some impossible combinations with elemental base damage weapons. For example on the Detron you can get it to show Corrosive/Electrical, this combination isn't possible as the electrical damage just merges with the base radiation damage.

But this is just a visual "feature" as I can't list all the elements due to screen space limitations, the actual damage calculations merge the electrical damage with the radiation damage. I'll try and think of a clever way of showing the actual elemental combinations in a compact form when I get some spare time.

Thanks!

According to Codex, Detron's status is 10%, not 5%.

I'm not sure how you meant the merging elements with base type (what describes calculator and what is ingame) but ingame, weapon with base dual element does not eat elemental mods. For example I've managed to get frost proc from my Ogris...

Also, are you considering adding status bonus calculations?

dpsframe hasn't been playing so well with my Chrome. Any reasons why it is so laggy compared to IE? :(

I almost exclusively use Chrome (both for developing and regular use), so I have no idea (addons?). I get no noticeable difference between the two when testing.

The calculator seems to apply the faction mods (Expel, Bane, Cleanse) additively where it should be multiplicatively.

Elemental damage now applies to explosion from Ogris too (great update for Ogris lovers, now you can kill yourself with even bigger overkills), so you can revert back that one change in calculating elementals from projectile only.

Many thanks for this great tool.

Just noticed status chance and magazine capacity on sentinel weapons seem out of date / don't match the wiki.

Stinger for example shows 5% status and 4 mag capacity on wiki, while you show 2%/15 shots. Other sentinel weapons don't match either which should be pretty relevant for their dps ranking.

Will you add meelee weapons as well?

It's a lot of work to add them (I need to fix a way to just import the stats from the wiki), the damage calculations are slightly different (so I need to figure those out), and there's the melee/combo rework that DE is working on (which means I'd probably have to rework it if I added it now).

So it's planned, but unlikely to happen anytime soon. ;)

Turned off addons but still feel laggy compared to FF and IE. Accelerated Blast no longer seems to give Puncture damage btw. :(

Ah, the shot damage includes the average crit damage, so it's slightly higher. Mouse-over the stats table and you'll see the base stats used:

caGgs7e.png

Quite a useful page you have here. I do think you need to factor in accuracy at ranges. For instance, calculate the spread of a weapon at a given distance and the hit probability at that range given a target of typical or varying size. I think this would allow us to compare shotguns a little more accurately. It would also allow us to see how the corrupted -accuracy +damage mods interact with the calculations.

Turned off addons but still feel laggy compared to FF and IE. Accelerated Blast no longer seems to give Puncture damage btw. :(

Yeah, they nerfed it in 12.4.0. Accelerated blast now behaves like the other IPS mods:

Accelerated Blast's bonus to puncture damage now matches the description (at base level, was adding 22% Puncture so when mod itself said 15%), as well as all the other mods that increase physical damage.

The site is now updated for Damage 2.0!

The damage/level table has been replaced with the damage to specific enemy types (Ancient Disruptor, Grineer Napalm, Corpus Tech, and Corpus Moa), mouseovering the specific enemy type shows the vulnerabilities.

You can now also sort weapons based on damage to the enemy types (Ancient, Napalm, etc.).

Mouseovering the weapon stats table shows the original stats (for comparisons).

Not a big update feature-wise, but a ton of testing in-game and in the code. Next update will probably be about adding sentinel weapons, the one after that will likely be fixing page load times, and then perhaps adding more details in tooltips (any ideas are welcome).

So why some shotgun mods mouse over tooltip (non-cold elemental) did negative dps to napalm and MOA, what does it mean?

Btw Boar prime crit chance has been nerfed to 15%, likewise Sobek crit chance is buffed. Might want to relook through all shotgun base stats.

Thanks for pointing out the changes to the shotguns, I've re-checked and updated the stats for them.

The tooltip DPS is the change in DPS if you use those elements instead of the ones you're currently using.

If you have only corrosive (Contagious Spread + Charged Shell) as an element and mouse over Chilling Grasp it'll list the possible other combinations you can get if you add that mod. The reason it shows negative values for some options is that if you add Chilling Grasp and use the Magnetic/Toxic combination instead of Corrosive you'll lose DPS in some cases, for example the Grineer have higer armor values against Magnetic/Toxic compared to Corrosive (or rather it's that Corrosive reduces the effectiveness of armor, and switching away from it means the Grineer have normal armor values against Magnetic/Toxic).

As usual clear your browser cache if you don't see the new update.

Revision 3:

• Added incremental delay to weapon rendering (1 millisecond per weapon) to try and fix some occasional issues with weapon order getting messed up when sorting.

Revision 2:

• Added "Void" faction, representing the Orokin Towers/Void or w/e it's called (the T1/T2/T3 void keys).
  • Added Armor/Shield colors and surface shorthand to the details tooltip for factions.
  • Fixed impossible combinations for single element weapons.

The average void faction stats is the relevant stats divided by five (as that's the total number of enemy types), e.g the average armor for Puncture is 0.5 from the Heavy Gunner (Ferrite) and 0.15 from the Lancer (Alloy), divided by five (0.65/5 = 0.13). The base armor used is 140, it's all the armor summed (500 from Gunner and 200 from Lancer) divided by five. The enemy level used is 25 which slightly undervalues elements that affect armor, so keep that in mind if doing harder stuff like T3 survival. I can change the level if people think it's too low, it's what the other factions use so it's just the default.

Armor stats (Ferrite/Alloy) have a mustard color, shields are blue. I also added shortened surface types after the names to separate the armor types, e.g a normal Grineer Lancer uses Ferrite armor so the description is "Lancer (F)", in the void it's Elite Lancers which use Alloy armor so the description is "Lancer (A)". Similarly when there's several surfaces starting with the same letter I added a second one to separate them, e.g the Infested have Fossilized as well as Flesh surfaces so it's separated as "Disrupter (Fo)" and "Runner (Fl)".

f0mfdDL.png

I also fixed the listing of impossible combinations. As an example previously when using a Synapse with Cryo Rounds and Infected Clip it would list "Toxic/Magnetic" and "Freeze/Corrosive"as a additional combinations, this doesn't work in-game as the two mods would combine to Viral giving only "Viral/Electric".

---

Small 11.8.3 update:

• Added stats for projectiles and "procs per shot" (thanks Darzk).
  • Added sorting for "procs per shot".

y0ksvzC.png

The "procs per shot" stat is just the average amount of procs to expect per shot:

procs per shot = projectiles * status proc chance

I did some proc testing in 11.6.0 and it might be worth noting that the actual proc chance in game isn't the status proc percentage, it seems to be balanced around having multiple elements, so the actual chance is divided by 5 or similar. I tested ~100 procs with Stombringer and a Grakata (0.2/5 = 0.04) and seems to be closer to 0.037, but it might just be that it's an 90% elemental mod or it's randomness. If you have a single element a 10% proc chance is actually ~2% for that specific element, base IPS seems to follow the same rule (each one has a ~2% proc chance with a base 10% status proc chance on the weapon). When you add more elements you increase the proc chance for that element by some factor. It might be the elemental %, Wildfire seems to add less procs than Hellfire, but I need to test that more (short test, so might just have been random bad luck), but unranked mods definitely add less than full rank mods. Combining elements gives the combined proc chance (e.g Stormbringer + Hellfire gives double the proc chance of just Stormbringer or Hellfire alone).

So if you have a 10% status proc IPS weapon and add four elemental mods you'd proc something 14% ((0.1 / 5) * 7) of the time. If you have a single element weapon with no mods, like the base Tysis, you should be closer to 10% per shot ((0.5 / 5) * 1). Continous weapons seem to be a bit special too, I haven't figured out how the actual proc rate works yet. Testing with the base Synapse I got around 22 procs over 1728 ticks (5760 shots, three ticks per 10 shots), which is around 1.27% and you'd expect ~2% if it was the 10% base divided by 5 (like the others).

I need to do some more testing to get actual numbers, this is one of the reasons why the status proc thing is taking so long (not sure when I'll get the time).

The magazine size was lowered to 4, it used to be 15. This probably dropped DPS by around 35%.

That sucks.  4 clip mag seems low for a pistol type weapon.  Back to the sweeper. Thx.

Hi, can someone provide a link/explanation as to how Bane mods work? I was under the impression that they simply boosted the base damage vs certain factions. Thus, when I did my calculations, I simply took a shortcut such as adding 30 (Bane) to 165 (Serration) and boosted the base damage by 195%. It appears that this may not be correct, according to this calc:

"Damage modifier from Serration is 2.65, Split Chamber 1.9, Bane is 1.3:

Impact: 6.5455 (1 * 2.65 * 1.9 * 1.3)

Puncture: 26.182 (4 * ...)

Slashing: 32.7275 (5 * ...)

---

Total: 65.455"

The Bane boost is multipled separately. This gives a higher value than what I used to do, which in this case would be 10 * 2.95 * 1.9 = 56.05. Has it been confirmed that Bane mods do not act on the base damage like regular damage mods?

What do the numbers beside the mods mean (+16)? Hovering the mouse over different mods show different dps increases and a (+16) doesn't necessarily mean a higher dps.

Is it me or the base damage for akmagnus is wrong on dpsframe.com ?

The I/P/S values on the site are 20.25, 12.375 (rounded to 12.38), 12.375 (rounded to 12.38) and in game in the arsenal it's 20, 12, 12. The in game arsenal stats seems to round the damage values to whole integers (or maybe it truncates, I haven't looked at it).

What values are you getting and what are they supposed to be?

As usual clear your browser cache if you don't see the new update.

12.4.0 revision 2:

• Updated Accelerated Blast to only affect Puncture damage
  • Updated the default Shotgun mods (due to the Accelerated Blast fix)

The Accelerated Blast change makes it behave like other IPS mods (in game tests show the same as codex numbers), it only increases the puncture based portion of the base damage (not sure if it still adds puncture to Phage in game).

Updated for 12.4.0!

• Added the Boltor Prime (based on codex)
  • Added the Akbronco Prime (based on codex)

Based on the codex numbers the Boltor Prime seems a bit overpowered, but DE might be factoring that it's using projectiles and that it has a fairly low status chance (still higher than the Soma tho). The Akbronco Prime seems nice, the status procs will bring up the DPS a bit in game compared to the listed DPS (I should really fix so the page calculates status proc damage).