Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Web Based Dps Tool!

Gogge

Question

The site is now updated for Damage 2.0!

The damage/level table has been replaced with the damage to specific enemy types (Ancient Disruptor, Grineer Napalm, Corpus Tech, and Corpus Moa), mouseovering the specific enemy type shows the vulnerabilities.

You can now also sort weapons based on damage to the enemy types (Ancient, Napalm, etc.).

Mouseovering the weapon stats table shows the original stats (for comparisons).

Not a big update feature-wise, but a ton of testing in-game and in the code. Next update will probably be about adding sentinel weapons, the one after that will likely be fixing page load times, and then perhaps adding more details in tooltips (any ideas are welcome).

Original post:

---

I've been using a spreadsheet to get a feel for how weapons perform, and how mods affect DPS. But it started becoming a bit of a pain to update/change mods around, and it felt kind of limited. So I tried to fix some stuff through scripting instead, using javascript and a regular web page (no downloading needed), and I thought you guys might get some use out of it too! Check it out (not sure if/how linking works on the forums):

http://dpsframe.com

Crash course in current features:

You select the pistol/rifle/etc. category you want at the top, to compare different types of weapons click "add favorite" and it'll get added on top of the other weapons (it remembers "favorites" through cookies, so it should get saved. As long as you stay on the same computer).

Increase/decrease aura/mod levels by using the + / - signs before the mod name. You can max or disable a mod completely by clicking the counter in the middle (for example the "10/10" for hornet strike on Acrid). A mod with a "-/5" as a counter is disabled, a mod with "0/5" is just the base card with no ranks added.

Mouse over the name of the mod to get a tooltip with what stats it increases.

The auras count up to 5, then start over from zero, so you can see how it stacks with more people. The number in parenthesis beside the counter (for example 5/5 (1) corrosive projection) represents how many players are need to get that high a percentage.

The DPS number to the right of the weapon name (for example "Acrid 6005") is the raw DPS value before armor is taken into account. The DPS with armor values is in the table just below and to the right of the name, it lists damage to Ancient Disruptors, Grineer Napalms, and Corpus Techs, levels 5 through 200. This damage does not account for hitting weak spots, but it does factor elemental weaknesses (fire/lightning/etc.) and armor ignore damage (armor piercing, serrated blade, poison, etc.).

You can sort the lists by clicking the names/arrows beside the category name, clicking name will sort by name, clicking it again will reverse the order. DPS means unmmitigated damage (doesn't factor armor), and APDPS means the damage after armor has been accounted for (using a lvl 200 Ancient Disruptor as base).

The "filter name" search box below favorites filters names, typing in "a" will show all weapon names that contains that letter (it's not case sensitive).

There's a ton of things left to work on:

There are no melee weapons currently (the swing mechanics seemed a bit complex).

The continuous (e.g flux rifle) and charge weapons (e.g Paris) just ignore weapon speed mods at the moment, which might not be accurate.

All stats have been entered by hand, so I can almost guarantee that there are typos or swapped stats.

I have checked the formulas and calculated some stats by hand, but there's still a few possible places where small errors might have snuck in.

Some special behaviors might not be modeled correctly, Acrid's DOT, Ogris explosion, Torid poison Cloud.

I haven't figured out a good way to represent the impact of recoil/spread. This might make some weapons seem very good on paper while in reality they might be horrible.

And some design limitations:

It's single target only.

It doesn't account for you being in a group. If you have a nova (2x damage from molecular prime), a Rhino (+50% damage shout), a Banshee with sonar (500% or more to sonar weak spot), and you're shooting a Moa in it's weak spot (fanny pack, 3x damage) with your synapse (electricity 2x damage) through your Volt shield (red crits), will do significantly more DPS than what's listed.

It's based on average DPS for emptying a clip and reloading. Burst DPS on some weapons will be higher, and this doesn't account for damage against shields. This misses things like that freezing damage might be better in some cases, or that you might attack a boss and then reload when he's invulnerable (e,g Vor, the burst DPS might be more important in some cases).

I tested in the latest versions of Chrome/Firefox/IE, I have no idea how good it'll work in anything other than those.

The javascript source is uglified, regular source code can be found on github:

https://github.com/Gogge/warframe-loadout

Some caveats on the code; It's almost completely uncommented and it's the very first iteration of a prototype.

Edited by Gogge

Turned off addons but still feel laggy compared to FF and IE. Accelerated Blast no longer seems to give Puncture damage btw. :(

Yeah, they nerfed it in 12.4.0. Accelerated blast now behaves like the other IPS mods:

Accelerated Blast's bonus to puncture damage now matches the description (at base level, was adding 22% Puncture so when mod itself said 15%), as well as all the other mods that increase physical damage.

As usual clear your browser cache if you don't see the new update.

12.5.2 revision 1:

• Updated Aklato with correct stats (thanks Kuryaka).

It seems like the Aklato base damage was changed from 24 to 12 in Updated 12, I've updated the stats to reflect this.

12.4.5 revision 2:

• Added the Thunderbolt mod for bows.

When testing in game the Thunderbolt mod added a flat 250 blast damage, it wasn't modified by Serration or Bane, and status proc mods didn't affect the chance of getting an explosion (not sure if it modifies the knockdown chance from the added blast damage).

I also added the version numbers to the Javascript, so if you don't see any "updated for damage 2.0" or it's still revision 1 you need to clear the browser's web cache to get the new version (or just give it some time and the cache will expire automatically).

Updated for 12.4.5!

• Added the Gorgon Wraith
  • Added Tethra reward mods, Jolt (pistols), Shell Shock (shotguns), High Voltage (rifles).
Edited by Gogge

Hello,

I noticed that you're calculating shotgun status chance per pellet by dividing the arsenal status chance by number of pellets. This is incorrect. The proper formula for that is:

Pellet status chance =1-(1-arsenal status chance)^(1/number of pellets)

I believe that the calculations for status chance in general and avg procs/shot are also off.

Please refer to my thread here for details on what I believe to be the proper calculations.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/194955-status-chance-should-be-showing-a-different-number-multishot-math/

PS. I think that showing "avg procs per second" would be helpful in addition to the currently available information on the website.

Edited by Pythadragon

Hello,

I noticed that you're calculating shotgun status chance per pellet by dividing the arsenal status chance by number of pellets. This is incorrect. The proper formula for that is:

Pellet status chance =1-(1-arsenal status chance)^(1/number of pellets)

I believe that the calculations for status chance in general and avg procs/shot are also off.

Please refer to my thread here for details on what I believe to be the proper calculations.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/194955-status-chance-should-be-showing-a-different-number-multishot-math/

PS. I think that showing "avg procs per second" would be helpful in addition to the currently available information on the website.

The "chance" is the average based on an infinite number of shots, same as with critical strikes. The listed probability is the per shot probability of getting a proc.

thanx for thunder bolt but i will also like to know if u will be adding melee weapons, if not were is a good place to find melee builds?

It's going to be a lot of work to add melee weapons, it's planned but with no estimate when it'll be added (it might never happen).

Stoi84s' Warframe Builder has melee weapons and I think he recently added so that you can search for builds. You could also try searching these forums for builds, or you can check out the warframe subreddit on reddit, you can search it too (here's a melee search).

Could you cap semi-auto weapons fire rate to 7 since its the highest achievable rate without using any macros. DPS on some fast-firing semi-auto weapons is a meaningless stat now since you can never fire that fast in reality (even with macro and solid 60 FPS I couldn't get more than ~11 shots/second from AkBolto).

Maybe have it as a toggle.

Also: omg huge AkLato nerf. why?

Edited by Monolake

Could you cap semi-auto weapons fire rate to 7 since its the highest achievable rate without using any macros. DPS on some fast-firing semi-auto weapons is a meaningless stat now since you can never fire that fast in reality (even with macro and solid 60 FPS I couldn't get more than ~11 shots/second from AkBolto).

Maybe have it as a toggle.

Also: omg huge AkLato nerf. why?

For ages I use mouse wheel for such weapons.

Note, no macro and controllable fire-rate, feels like old style Gatling gun. And definitely more than 7 sps.

Also, try with 150+ FPS before saying anything about hard limit of semi auto fire-rate.

For ages I use mouse wheel for such weapons.

Note, no macro and controllable fire-rate, feels like old style Gatling gun. And definitely more than 7 sps.

Also, try with 150+ FPS before saying anything about hard limit of semi auto fire-rate.

maybe some mouse+driver combo can get you more, on a normal MS or Logitech Iv tried its not going over 7, just easier than clicking

sustaining 150 fps is impossible for typical system, do you really need that much to reach 20 firerate?

anyway I'd like to see realistic DPS not some hypothetical that you would achieve only in ideal conditions

Edited by Monolake

Your typical system != someone else's typical system.

I against hard caps in calculator due to someone's typical system or mouse/driver configuration limiting potential of weapon, intentionally or not.

If there is hard a cap in ideal conditions, than it's OK.

If you really need something like cap, then you just need an ability to set fire rate manually in calc.

Hello. Love the dpsframe.com site! I use it all the time!

Just wondering if the Dex Furis is going to be added soon? I want to see how it compares to the Wraith Twin Vipers.    :)

Keep up the great work!

Just a little addition/change you should make, rifle amp is the default aura mod for all weaponry in the lists and while it correctly doesn't change the stats for pistol/shotguns/etc having pistol amp and the other, correct auras would be pretty useful

Hello. Love the dpsframe.com site! I use it all the time!

Just wondering if the Dex Furis is going to be added soon? I want to see how it compares to the Wraith Twin Vipers.    :)

Keep up the great work!

Check out warframe builder. It doesn't have as many numbers, and it's harder to compare weapons, but it's a solid and current tool that I've been using for my weapons until dpsframe is updated.

Check out warframe builder. It doesn't have as many numbers, and it's harder to compare weapons, but it's a solid and current tool that I've been using for my weapons until dpsframe is updated.

Thanks.  :)  What is the URL?

metinks project has been abandoned.

its a shame, this has been a valuable tool for me to plan my builds and my forma for weapons.

I hope someone else can develop a similar utility, as a good part of the dedicated players enjoy using tools like this to tweak their favorite gun.