Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amidst the Pandemic, Warframe is all we have!

ConceitedPanda

Greetings from the Philippines! I am a huge fan of Warframe and i have been playing for years, I even got my Girlfriend to play it with me! amidst this pandemic it seems Warframe is the only way we get to see each other and actually date. I want to ask if there will be an animation where in we can use benches or hold hands atleast. It will be real neat if we had these to show of our affection and bring positivity in these trying times! 

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, ConceitedPanda said:

I want to ask if there will be an animation where in we can use benches or hold hands atleast.

This sounds like a complete waste of time. There is no reason for it to be added at all. It has been said before: Warframe is not a dating site, don't use it as one.

• Like 14

Well, technically you can do it already. But you're limited to Captura at best, and it'll be like... ugh... just standing or sitting really, really close to each other in proper poses or animation sets, and that's about it. Oh, you'll be able to take screenshots as well.

Plus, as @vegetosayajin mentioned above, there are plenty of animations for handshake that depend on your faction. New Loka handshake is my perosnal fav.

Here are some examples of what I meant:

Spoiler

EE4F1285C385AB89458C92CA6E36BC83A3078C7C

7D96DD6CA132D5E02353BF3306B529229EA5C90B

• Like 4

Yup, would love to see how the Devs overcome the problem of having my 7 foot frame Try and sit on the bench that is upside down.... And taped to the roof. 

And the size of a bed. Surrounded by spikes. 

I wouldn't mind some non resizeable furniture to allow us to do that though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

This sounds like a complete waste of time. There is no reason for it to be added at all. It has been said before: Warframe is not a dating site, don't use it as one.

Where did they say that? Genuine question, I've never seen this topic mentioned before.

From this point of view, the handshake emote is a waste of time too. I have to give it to you though, Warframe is not the best game for this stuff. Is there a Sims online or something?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Where did they say that? Genuine question, I've never seen this topic mentioned before

Generally in the context of discussing sexuality in chat and why you get kicked/suspended for it. Not a dating site, so it is irrelevant and not allowed. Given that viewpoint, I doubt that we would get ways to express that type of thing in game.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

From this point of view, the handshake emote is a waste of time too.

I mean, it is though isn't it? All the emotes are pretty pointless.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

All the emotes are pretty pointless.

I mean, I am standing in the middle of a bunch of Rhinos and we're all dancing here in a Relay right now. Nearly everyone is dancing and chatting here.

Edited by Morisabeau
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I mean, it is though isn't it? All the emotes are pretty pointless.

Going with this logic, all armor sets, syandanas, skins and other customisation is pointless too. If a wolf scream emote makes you feel cool then its not pointless. If a handshake with another tenno makes you feel better then its not pointless.

Edited by Savire510

1 minute ago, Savire510 said:

Going with this logic, all armor sets, syandanas, skins and other customisation is pointless too. If a wolf scream emote makes you feel cool then its not pointless. If a handshake with another tenno makes you feel better then its not pointless.

I guess that I forgot to add: "my opinion is that..." Kinda figured it was obvious, but apparently not. I see no value in the emotes. Pretty much everyone has all the same emotes, so there isn't even variety. 

• Like 1

Congrats! My wife actually got me playing Warframe along with friends. We met through WoW (and mutual friends :), and I'd been looking for a good MMO for awhile, and have always been a huge sci-fi/fantasy geek. I -LOVE- the combination theme in Warframe, and especially how smooth the game tends to run. Very reminiscent of Mass Effect, honestly.

• Like 3

On a sentimental scale I'd endorse the idea, you could get some adorable moments with more multi party emotes and actions, especially if they included companions as well.

Practically though, yeah, I doubt it would add much. You'd use them a few times and forget they were there for awhile, maybe see how they could be used in captura once in a blue moon.

I'd definitely reframe the idea as having interactable decorations however, for wider audience approval. We can make cool looking stuff in the dojo, but darn if none of it actually does anything. Maybe sidearm it with social emotes, as Warframe is a social game and it'd be neat to better interact with those around you.

• Like 1

Hi sorry for the late replies! for those telling me to discord or videocall. videocall is crappy here in our country due to internet. Warframe is the only stable game we get to play. thank you for your responses tho. I know its a waste of time for others. was just trying to make a positive idea in these trying times since some of us who have relationships and are stuck at home. 🙂

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

well i respect that thought! It's just a positive idea since some of us only have warframe to see each other as no other method are crappy or not available. thanks for the comment tho 😄

58 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

Congrats! My wife actually got me playing Warframe along with friends. We met through WoW (and mutual friends :), and I'd been looking for a good MMO for awhile, and have always been a huge sci-fi/fantasy geek. I -LOVE- the combination theme in Warframe, and especially how smooth the game tends to run. Very reminiscent of Mass Effect, honestly.

ikr? congrats too! it's just so fun having to play with your loved one and seeing them rip and tear through the tileset! xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morisabeau said:

I mean, I am standing in the middle of a bunch of Rhinos and we're all dancing here in a Relay right now. Nearly everyone is dancing and chatting here.

have you, by any chance, seen a very pink Rhino sporting butterfly wings and titania noble stance?