Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helios - Plant Scanner Mod

Dark-Sheer

10 minutes ago, Dark-Sheer said:

Id like to see a mod (possible from Simaris) that lets the Helios scan Plants even when they are completed in the Codex.

Gladly i will sacrifice a mod-slot for that. 

It would be enough if they add a toggle option in the menu so your sentinel can scan after finished the codex.

• Like 5

Can we just get rid of the stupidity of scanning flowers altogether and just make them into standard pick-ups or "loot containers? Hit a pine cone, get a pine cone pick-up, suck it up via Vacuum, you have a pine cone. Why the hell are these things handled as scannables in the first place? This design decision makes absolutely no sense to me.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

Can we just get rid of the stupidity of scanning flowers altogether and just make them into standard pick-ups or "loot containers? Hit a pine cone, get a pine cone pick-up, suck it up via Vacuum, you have a pine cone. Why the hell are these things handled as scannables in the first place? This design decision makes absolutely no sense to me.

That's how it is in caves in Venus.  There are destroyable plants there.  If even prefer picking it up like an ayatan star.  

But these are QOL features that are years away on the important list of fixing.  I'm still waiting for companions to be treated like sentinals so we can save certain animals to frame configurations.... 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Greetings: I thought about this like 2 or more years ago. Perfect Solution is to let your sentinel go search the whole map while you do objective or whatever. You will have the options to call your sentinel to you or direct it to go to certain areas 1st. You can wait for sentinel at exit, or call it to the exit before it's done, or check it's locations and go get it, or have it meet you there or anywhere when it's done or before it's done. It can be cloaked so it won't be harmed or can also clear other rooms for you like a sidekick. These mods should be able to go on any sentinel like Vacuum is now. Godbless

2 hours ago, Unimira said:

Old thread but since it was necroed I may as well add that Oxylus got a plant scanning mod.

Still agree that scanning plants to "loot" them is stupid.

Funny thing is, in Plains, Orb Vallis and Deimos

there's plants that we loot by physically shooting/meleeing them and picking them up

maybe those old scan plants should get updated to work the same way sometime?

• Like 1