Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Corrupted Mods

MasterZalm

So I took a few days to enjoy some other games, like PoE and Rusty Hearts, and I'm back just in time to see this new vault update. Read up on it and saw they have new mods (again? ugh) and I dont see anything on the wiki about it. Anyone got a list of the new mods and their effects? If not, contribute here and I'll see about putting it up on this post for someone else to post on the wiki. I think there are 16 the page said.

So I took a few days to enjoy some other games, like PoE and Rusty Hearts, and I'm back just in time to see this new vault update. Read up on it and saw they have new mods (again? ugh) and I dont see anything on the wiki about it. Anyone got a list of the new mods and their effects? If not, contribute here and I'll see about putting it up on this post for someone else to post on the wiki. I think there are 16 the page said.

The main part about the new Corrupted Mods is that they have a positive and negative effect. I saw someone post "Heavy Caliber" being 15% damage increase and 15% recoil increase but they're nerfing it because of weapons such as the Dera and Flux Rifle having no recoil [the mod is a Rifle Mod].

I did the Vault once with a Rhino (Glad I did because I did a Hobble while my friend did a Bleeding, picked up the artifact and was left with 170 health from 680), got the mod "Magnum Force" which does a 8% Damage increase and a 8% recoil increase (or somewhere around there) for the pistol. Probably going to max it and put it on my Bronco lol

thanks for the links. It looks like none of the new mods are any good aside from niche builds. Personally, I'm not a big fan of give and take upgrades, so the only one I would use is slower fire rate for less recoil, since thats the kind of gun I like. Probably put it on my boltor or something. And magnum force on the 0 recoil thrown stuff probably would help tons.

Thanks again guys.

thanks for the links. It looks like none of the new mods are any good aside from niche builds. Personally, I'm not a big fan of give and take upgrades, so the only one I would use is slower fire rate for less recoil, since thats the kind of gun I like. Probably put it on my boltor or something. And magnum force on the 0 recoil thrown stuff probably would help tons.

Thanks again guys.

They will make it so that even weapons with no recoil will have a kick with these mods pretty soon...so i'd say don't bother. 

so the only one I would use is slower fire rate for less recoil, since thats the kind of gun I like. Probably put it on my boltor or something. 

Thanks again guys.

You do know of the mods "Stabilizer" and "Steady Hands", right? 

You do know of the mods "Stabilizer" and "Steady Hands", right? 

Steady Hands is an ok mod as it basically nullifies the recoil increase. +88% recoil from Magnum Force -60% recoil from Steady Hands so only +28% recoil for +66% damage increase

On the other hand Stabilizer is a pathetic band-aid as it also provides +60% recoil reduction to counteract +165% recoil increase

The way I see it the nerf will just reduce the amount of weapons that can benefit from Heavy Caliber because bows and Ogris don't care about recoil at all

Edited by WhisperByte

Steady Hands is an ok mod as it basically nullifies the recoil increase. +88% recoil from Magnum Force -60% recoil from Steady Hands so only +28% recoil for +66% damage increase

On the other hand Stabilizer is a pathetic band-aid as it also provides +60% recoil reduction to counteract +165% recoil increase

The way I see it the nerf will just reduce the amount of weapons that can benefit from Heavy Caliber because bows and Ogris don't care about recoil at all

I'm not telling him to use these mods to counter act others. He stated he doesn't care for the give and take these mods provide and was only looking at the recoil reduction mods, which there are already some in the game that have no downsides.