Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Railjack Revisited Information

[DE]Rebecca

Can you make Dirac better in terms of getting it? New players are struggling to max out their avionics and grid slots as of now. Because most of us never played Railjack during the initial release where Dirac was equivalent to nano spores/alloy steel in regards of obtaining it before u guys nerf it. pretty please uwu

Hello everyone!

Void Cloak is will have a rework as well? I did not seen any description for it.

At this moment this tactical Avionic is useless.

Any Ramsled can hit your Cloaked Railjack.

I would like to suggest a new Solution for this:
Fix out of Having boarding party while ship is Cloaked. Also consider a continuous usable ability what is no duration restriction while giving up turret fire capability and the expense of engine speed. Raise the activation energy cost for this ability also.

This is my personal suggestion, what i guess is a fair trade for a bit better tactical usage of this avionics.
Best Regards

40 minutes ago, Revonth said:

Can you make Dirac better in terms of getting it? New players are struggling to max out their avionics and grid slots as of now. Because most of us never played Railjack during the initial release where Dirac was equivalent to nano spores/alloy steel in regards of obtaining it before u guys nerf it. pretty please uwu

Play regularly and you will get enough dirac. I played only semi-often and I am swimming in it. Eventually you hit a wall where you don't need it anymore (it shouldn't be handed out like candy anyway) and you'll see how much you've been grinding up.

I think to help with new Railjack players experience, they should have a broken version of the Seeker Volley battle avionic. Its not upgradable so you'd still want the real one but a Seeker Volley on Earth Proxima is really gonna help new players feel like their ship is strong when they first use it.

Doubling normal speed is great but I think Boost Speed should be left as is and Boost Duration should be heavily nerfed. This way its used not to travel from point A to B and instead is used to dodge or turn quickly while the ship is in combat.

Fiery Phoenix should have 50% damage reduction and 50% increased boost speed. Even if the damage was removed, those benefits would be worth it.

Munitions Vortex shouldn't be changed. Instead, make Counter Measures last 15 seconds and let it be an absorbing spot on the front of your ship. It'll eat all damage from enemies but it won't deal any damage when it expires.

Make Blackout Pulse deal 3k damage like Tether. There's no need to use Blackout Pulse if you have Tether.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

I think to help with new Railjack players experience, they should have a broken version of the Seeker Volley battle avionic. Its not upgradable so you'd still want the real one but a Seeker Volley on Earth Proxima is really gonna help new players feel like their ship is strong when they first use it.

This would be an interesting band aid.

But I would love to see something like a tutorial mission to teach players how to operate their Railjack, including "abilities", so not only they have a good understanding of what their Railljack can do, but also gives them a reason to chase rewards that greatly improve the game play.

Or at the very least, add something like we have on Warframes, a snapshot of the abilities with small video clips showing what that they do and how to use them.

Just this alone, for abilities, and to show how to use simple things like Omni tool, BFG, Slingshot, etc. and especially how to efficiently move around with boost/vector/drift, would probably make a big difference with the onboarding of new players to Railjack.

1 hour ago, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

I’m liking the changes but why make particle ram require movement? People inTJ stop every now and then which would mean that every time you do a quick stop your ram would deactivate, which would make the ability not as useful and waste a lot more flux energy 

I know I use PR when stationary because the fighters will kill themselves on it flying around your ship. They may not want it to be used that way.

Based on input in the thread I think they would be better off making any movement activate it if they want to nix people using it as I use it. Which I think a lot are. (Also, why do they want to get rid of it? For the sole purpose that it isn't being used as intended? Or is there a seemingly legit balance issue?)

On 2020-04-24 at 5:08 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Avionics Changes: 

When it comes to Avionics changes, there’s an overarching goal: Simplify Avionic management. 

• Each Integrated Avionic Type will now only exist with a single Manufacturer rather than three Manufacturer flavors.
  • The ‘retired’ Integrated Avionics will be removed from players inventory via a script.
  • The remaining Integrated Avionic for each Type will take on the values of the previously highest valued Avionic of it’s Type.
  • ALL Dirac used to upgrade Integrated Avionics will be refunded. This applies to both retired and remaining Avionics.
  • ALL remaining Integrated Avionics will have their Upgrades drained.

Ehh but not addressing the actual issues with avionic management. It wasn't having 3 different ones dropping from different locations it was how you managed them. 

Want to upgrade them, that is one screen, different screen if you wanted to scrap them, want to see all possible avionics in game tough no place for that.

Ok you find the wall of avionics you have in your inventory (which requires multiple clicks to see all the different classes of avionics to show this) now looking at the icons telling them apart well all you get is a tiny icon down in the bottom or tiny little bumps around the edge to tell them apart. Colors and shape differences would make this easier to figure out or faster to look at a glance and figure out which ones you have where and such. 

4 hours ago, Revonth said:

Just getting to all 10's on console with no Ivara cheese I have over 300k extra dirac. It is extremely easy to come by.

3 hours ago, yarl5000 said:

Ehh but not addressing the actual issues with avionic management. It wasn't having 3 different ones dropping from different locations it was how you managed them. 

Want to upgrade them, that is one screen, different screen if you wanted to scrap them, want to see all possible avionics in game tough no place for that.

Ok you find the wall of avionics you have in your inventory (which requires multiple clicks to see all the different classes of avionics to show this) now looking at the icons telling them apart well all you get is a tiny icon down in the bottom or tiny little bumps around the edge to tell them apart. Colors and shape differences would make this easier to figure out or faster to look at a glance and figure out which ones you have where and such. 

The avionics also have incresed cspacity to there highest vershions meaning they take up a lot of capacity this is bad seeing as yoi can only go yo 100 and with most of the good avionics that help with railjacks survivability and usefulness it can pass that by a good amount with the avs i have all upgraded it can get up to around 150 capacity use if i could install them all 

The capacity needs a look at eather all avionics need a reduction in capacity or the capacity of the ship and or reactors needs to be buffed do to this increase 

17 minutes ago, Aiden85 said:

How are you going to balance avionics costs? As it stands costs are way way high and reactors don't give enough capacity. I barely have enough to fit my build right now as it is. 

prime time they said they reduced the drain for some core avionics

3 hours ago, Aiden85 said:

How are you going to balance avionics costs? As it stands costs are way way high and reactors don't give enough capacity. I barely have enough to fit my build right now as it is. 

Maybe the bulkhead avionic shouldn't even exist. Just let the ship automatically have 6000 hull. Same with the Hull Weave. The ship is not like a warframe. There are warframes that don't need vitality or vigor. The railjack absolutely needs to be tanky as it does not have an alternative to avoid getting damaged. Afaik, munitions vortex doesn't block attacks from crew ships. Its not like we could spam void cloak either and treat the ship like a Loki. Maybe tactical avionics don't need a cool down. Instead make them use flux like battle avionics do.

Archived